White House has settled in

678,113 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A+ NYCGOBEARS, I'm walking back from the ledge for now. Have you seen Tarantino's OUATIH yet?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

A+ NYCGOBEARS, I'm walking back from the ledge for now. Have you seen Tarantino's OUATIH yet?

Good man. Besides the rust belt states, which Trump won by only 77,000 total votes, let's keep an eye on Nevada and Florida. I'm very interested to see what happens in those two states. The trifecta of healthcare, the NRA and anti immigrant policies are all losing propositions for the GOP. What we need is a democratic candidate who can effectively frame those issues and thus far Warren has done it best. That's why she's been surging steadily. It's early yet though.
GBear4Life
How is Trump anti-hispanic?

By virtue of this, was Hillary or other dems anti-white? Is a government that wants to crack down on DUIs an anti-white agenda (whites have the highest rate of drinking and driving).
bearister
GBear4Life said:

How is Trump anti-hispanic...

Well, certainly the possibility exists that tRump is not anti Hispanic, but that really doesn't matter. The real test is whether he shoots his mouth off in such a manner that he is perceived as being anti Hispanic. He pretty much takes it yard in that department:

"President Trump has relentlessly used his bully pulpit to decry Latino migration as "an invasion of our country." He has demonized undocumented immigrants as "thugs" and "animals." He has defended the detention of migrant children, hundreds of whom have been held in squalor. And he has warned that without a wall to prevent people from crossing the border from Mexico, America would no longer be America.
"How do you stop these people? You can't," Trump lamented at a May rally in Panama City Beach, Fla. Someone in the crowd yelled back one idea: "Shoot them." The audience of thousands cheered and Trump smiled. Shrugging off the suggestion, he quipped, "Only in the Panhandle can you get away with that statement." Philip Rucker, WaPo

*I believe tRump to be a racist, and it isn't limited to Latinos:
"For a crowd of 500 at a fundraiser in the Hamptons, President Donald Trump made fun of the leaders of the European Union, South Korea, and Japan, including by imitating the accents of the Asian countries' leaders. The fundraiser was at the home of real estate developer Joe Farrell in Bridgehampton on Friday, according to the New York Post." Pretty hard to put a non racist spin on that performance.
AunBear89
bearister said:

<snip>Pretty hard to put a non racist spin on that performance.

Non-racist spin from BI Reich Wing Apologists in 3...2...1...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GBear4Life
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

Well, certainly the possibility exists that tRump is not anti Hispanic, but that really doesn't matter. The real test is whether he shoots his mouth off in such a manner that he is perceived as being anti Hispanic.
Politically, more specifically electoral politics, I 100% agree. Perceptions, real or perceived, matter. Obviously so.

That being said, given perceptions are often wrong upon greater inspection, and one acknowledges it as such, why would such a person continue to perpetuate and enable these false perceptions which naturally become narratives.

Government policy is all about who does this affect, how and why. Yes, clamping down on immigration would directly and disproportionately affect hispanics negatively. That's not anti-hispanic. Just like clamping down on homicide in Chicago isn't anti-black.
Another Bear

NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

Yes, saw the movie and loved it. It's a perfectly made sentimental mood piece. Love the ending.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

bearister said:

Yes, saw the movie and loved it. It's a perfectly made sentimental mood piece. Love the ending.

The scene at Spahn Movie Ranch was my favorite. Pitt is brilliant in that movie.
Eastern Oregon Bear
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

Well, certainly the possibility exists that tRump is not anti Hispanic, but that really doesn't matter. The real test is whether he shoots his mouth off in such a manner that he is perceived as being anti Hispanic.
Politically, more specifically electoral politics, I 100% agree. Perceptions, real or perceived, matter. Obviously so.

That being said, given perceptions are often wrong upon greater inspection, and one acknowledges it as such, why would such a person continue to perpetuate and enable these false perceptions which naturally become narratives.

Government policy is all about who does this affect, how and why. Yes, clamping down on immigration would directly and disproportionately affect hispanics negatively. That's not anti-hispanic. Just like clamping down on homicide in Chicago isn't anti-black.
Hmmm... You have conveniently snipped out all the examples of Trump saying things that get perceived as anti-Hispanic. Not surprising coming from you.
sycasey
"Clamping down on immigration" is a very friendly way to describe taking people's children away at the border.
oski003
sycasey said:

"Clamping down on immigration" is a very friendly way to describe taking people's children away at the border.

What about the children growing up with a single mother? Let's just free everyone in jail for property crimes. Bring home some dads. It is the right thing to do, and the rich have enough money.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

We've been over this and we disagreed. You didn't seem to accept that we "take children away" from American parents when they are detained, imprisoned etc. Their children are usually put into the "system" if there is no immediate family available to take temporary (and possibly indefinite) custody of the child, which is the case with virtually all immigrants detained at the border.

But even so, it's not inherently 'anti-hispanic' (which to me means an intentional method of adversely affecting hispanics by virtue of their immutable identity, which, if proven in court would be ruled unconstitutional as far as I can tell) to have an immigration policy that you disagree with for reasons I cited in previous post.

You want better 'conditions' for detained immigrants and their children at the border? I'm not principally opposed to that. Just make sure to remind Democrats.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

We've been over this and we disagreed. You didn't seem to accept that we "take children away" from American parents when they are detained, imprisoned etc. Their children are usually put into the "system" if there is no immediate family available to take temporary (and possibly indefinite) custody of the child, which is the case with virtually all immigrants detained at the border.

But even so, it's not inherently 'anti-hispanic' (which to me means an intentional method of adversely affecting hispanics by virtue of their immutable identity, which, if proven in court would be ruled unconstitutional as far as I can tell) to have an immigration policy that you disagree with for reasons I cited in previous post.

You want better 'conditions' for detained immigrants and their children at the border? I'm not principally opposed to that. Just make sure to remind Democrats.

And I already answered to that in the previous thread. You're right, the kids get put into a system and the government knows where they are. And they can tell the kids where their parents are. It's orderly and makes reasonable allowances for the child's well-being.

That is not what happened during child separation at the border. By all reports it was a total s***show. And yes, that was specific to the Trump Administration.

Anti-Hispanic? Maybe not. But it just so happens that all of these kids were Hispanic. That could be a coincidence, but then there's all the other crap Trump says that makes it seem like it's not.
B.A. Bearacus
Honest question: Would T actually want the pro-democracy movement in Russia to succeed even if it meant that Putin was removed from power?

Answer that no one can dispute: no, Putin is more important to T than democracy. Another reason why T is like cancer.

Unit2Sucks
Nice to see no one is laughing at us any more.

Quote:

President Trump has sent highly unusual, Sharpie-written notes to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at least twice, Axios has learned.
One missive was so odd, the Canadian ambassador double-checked with the White House to be sure it wasn't a prank. In at least one instance, Trudeau also wrote to Trump. The exchange of handwritten notes, never before reported, was confirmed by several sources with firsthand knowledge.
The diplomatic missives include:
  • A torn-out Bloomberg Businessweek cover featuring a portrait of Justin Trudeau.
  • A back-and-forth about U.S.-Canada trade figures that culminated in Trudeau sending Trump a printout of the website of the Office of the United States Trade Representative with a smiley face beside the U.S. government figure showing America has a trade surplus with Canada (contrary to Trump's claims).

Another Bear
Sharpie = office crayon
bearister
Interesting article on tRump's liege lord:

Putin began by embracing the west. Now, he wants revenge

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/12/vladimir-putin-west-russian-president-20-years?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Why does it not surprise me that Duke of Hazzard Daly is besotted with tRump. It looks like tRump is so senile that he has developed a comfort "one pose fits all" routine (i.e., thumb up and flash the fake oversized gnashers).
B.A. Bearacus

T, Ivanka, and Jr unable to correctly answer what's 17 X 6? Not one correct answer between the three of them. Jr goes with 96 and 94. T goes confidently with 112. Ivanka unable to make any guess.
Another Bear
Seriously? Jesus Christ that's dumb.
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

Seriously? Jesus Christ that's dumb.

Beyond. U Penn should revoke their degrees.
offshorebear
I know how stupid they are, it has always been clearly evident. But from a grander perspective it will never stop amazing me that these idiots made it into the positions of power they are now in. What a nightmare
chazzed
It is quite the clusterphuc. I have never been more down on this country than I am at present.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Donald Trump Has Made More Than 12,000 False or Misleading Claims Since Becoming President: WaPo - The Daily Beast

https://apple.news/A2--xdq31QWuFTXynDaytEA
B.A. Bearacus
No exaggeration to say...

Or this.
B.A. Bearacus
This guy in the video is smarter than the average T supporter:

B.A. Bearacus
Obese man whose wife shivers at the thought of seeing him naked, much less doing things to her, was at a podium telling a protester that he has a weight problem.

Another Bear

The irony is always extra thick and drippy with Trump.
bearister
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is an excellent argument against the concept of Democracy, and I'm serious.

Democracy only works if people are both informed and rational.

The founding fathers had their doubts, too, thus created an escape hatch loophole called the Electoral College, but that didn't work as designed.

Idiots rule.

Churchill: democracy is the worst form of government except all others yet attempted.
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is why some people shouldn't be handed sharp objects.
BearNIt
The IG will release a report advising that the Idiot in Chief retaliated against State Department employees and staffers who he believed did not share his views or he believed betrayed him. One has to wonder the affect that this will have on the IG's report concerning the FBI and others who in the Justice Department who believed that they were unfairly dismissed.

It was also reported that the President is receiving exceptionally rosy briefings on the economy and is running out of tools to keep the economy chugging along. Apparently his aides are scared to tell him the truth, go figure.
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.