White House has settled in

678,048 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:

No way. Those 5th graders were far more reasonable and open to other perspectives than BI.

They were also too young and ignorant to know about or care to virtue signal to impress themselves or peers.
A different school laid off GB as a cost-cutting measure: they no longer wanted to pay for a second counselor to counsel the students who got counseled by GB.

sycasey
GBear4Life said:

Right on cue. A bunch of deluded self righteous pr*cks in an echo chamber of their own making using crying children they don't care about to illogically advance their political narratives. Exploiting that playbook with trite calls to compassion and empathy.

We sure this guy isn't a bot?
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

I don't think it's fair to say conservatives lack empathy. They clearly have empathy for corporations and white people. Seriously though, there have been a lot of studies about personality traits and politics so should be easy to see if empathy is one of the factors.
Found a relevant article and wanted to follow up. Lots of interesting points but these two I think are the most applicable:

Quote:

Liberals and conservatives extend feelings of compassion to different people.

New research shows that conservatives tend to express compassion to smaller social circles than liberals.
For example, conservative voters were found to be more likely to agree with statements like: "I often have tender, concerned feelings for my family members who are less fortunate than me."
But their responses suggested such feelings did not extend to people from other countries.
Liberals, on the other hand, were more likely to feel that same level of compassion for people around the world, and even to non-human and imaginary subjects like animals and aliens.

Quote:

Liberals are more likely to describe themselves as compassionate and optimistic, while conservatives are more likely to say they're people of honor and religion.

A 1980 study of US high school students found that conservative students at that time were more likely to describe themselves as "responsible," "organized," "successful," and "ambitious," while liberal students might describe themselves as "loving," "tender," or "mellow."
Surveys suggest that today's adults aren't much different than those 80s kids. A Pew Research Center study from 2014 showed that liberals were more likely than social conservatives to describe themselves as compassionate, trusting, upbeat, and optimistic, while conservatives were more likely to say they were people of honor, duty, religion, and proud to be American.
The self-reports go along with research from 2012 that suggested liberals' top moral concerns tend to be about compassion and fairness, while conservatives are more concerned with loyalty, tradition, respect for authority, and purity.
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Right on cue. A bunch of deluded self righteous pr*cks in an echo chamber of their own making using crying children they don't care about to illogically advance their political narratives. Exploiting that playbook with trite calls to compassion and empathy.

I think bots have more compassion.
Yogi011
B.A. Bearacus said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

I think bots have more compassion.
And intelligence
bearister
Trump heads for golf club holiday - but summer storms loom
By JONATHAN LEMIRE

https://www.apnews.com/e2159af8756f446c83dd895bd7cebc9c?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
offshorebear
GBear4Life said:

You show how you truly feel in projecting the fact that you don't care about these children onto us. I was not lying when I said it makes me physically ill, and I am in no way surprised that it has no such effect on you.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I don't think it's fair to say conservatives lack empathy. They clearly have empathy for corporations and white people. Seriously though, there have been a lot of studies about personality traits and politics so should be easy to see if empathy is one of the factors.
Found a relevant article and wanted to follow up. Lots of interesting points but these two I think are the most applicable:

Quote:

Liberals and conservatives extend feelings of compassion to different people.

New research shows that conservatives tend to express compassion to smaller social circles than liberals.
For example, conservative voters were found to be more likely to agree with statements like: "I often have tender, concerned feelings for my family members who are less fortunate than me."
But their responses suggested such feelings did not extend to people from other countries.
Liberals, on the other hand, were more likely to feel that same level of compassion for people around the world, and even to non-human and imaginary subjects like animals and aliens.

Quote:

Liberals are more likely to describe themselves as compassionate and optimistic, while conservatives are more likely to say they're people of honor and religion.

A 1980 study of US high school students found that conservative students at that time were more likely to describe themselves as "responsible," "organized," "successful," and "ambitious," while liberal students might describe themselves as "loving," "tender," or "mellow."
Surveys suggest that today's adults aren't much different than those 80s kids. A Pew Research Center study from 2014 showed that liberals were more likely than social conservatives to describe themselves as compassionate, trusting, upbeat, and optimistic, while conservatives were more likely to say they were people of honor, duty, religion, and proud to be American.
The self-reports go along with research from 2012 that suggested liberals' top moral concerns tend to be about compassion and fairness, while conservatives are more concerned with loyalty, tradition, respect for authority, and purity.

This definitely explains why conservatives always assume liberals are lying when they talk about having compassion for people they don't personally know, or that they are just doing it for their own personal gain. It's because they can't imagine anyone would think differently from how they do.

I think liberals are also guilty of assuming conservatives would hold the same basic principles of compassion and getting railroaded on policy as a result . . . but that seems to be changing.
Anarchistbear
This is probably more accurate than the self-branding

Quiz: Let Us Predict Whether You're a Democrat or a Republican
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/08/opinion/sunday/party-polarization-quiz.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
dajo9
Donald Trump posed for that picture with the newly orphaned El Paso baby with a big smile and a thumbs up. At least he doesn't pretend to care.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Baby whose parents were shot dead brought back to hospital for photo-op with smiling T and wife because no victims would meet him. This is some truly evil shiit.

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Russkie troll from Petrograd.
bearister
GBear4Life
I'm praying the mods lock this thread.

The incessant emotive propaganda and virtue signaling is a danger to our health.

NYCGOBEARS
GBear4Life said:

The incessant emotive propaganda and virtue signaling is a danger to our health.

Your white grievance identity politics and dirty snowflake syndrome are a bigger threat.
GBear4Life
NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

Your white grievance identity politics and dirty snowflake syndrome is a bigger threat.
so you're acknowledging the propaganda and virtue signaling on this site is a danger to our health.

Thank you

(But you still don't know what identity politics is. I acknowledge I do not know what dirty snowflake syndrome is. If I did, I could comment on whether it is a bigger threat or not)
NYCGOBEARS
GBear4Life said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

Your white grievance identity politics and dirty snowflake syndrome is a bigger threat.
so you're acknowledging the propaganda and virtue signaling on this site is a danger to our health.

- I CATEGORICALLY DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT. IT'S UNTRUE AND BEYOND HYPERBOLIC TO MAKE THAT ASSERTION.

Thank you

- YOU'RE WELCOME

(But you still don't know what identity politics is. I acknowledge I do not know what dirty snowflake syndrome is. If I did, I could comment on whether it is a bigger threat or not)

- I ABSOLUTELY DO KNOW WHAT IDENTITY POLITICS ARE. CATERING TO AND STOKING WHITE GRIEVANCE IS TEXTBOOK IDENTITY POLITICS. IT JUST DOESN'T CONVENIENTLY FIT THE NARRATIVE YOU'VE WHOLESALE BOUGHT INTO. ALSO, DIRTY SNOWFLAKE SYNDROME IS A TERM THAT I'VE COINED AND IT IS APT, IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF.
Unit2Sucks
How have you guys not put GB4Sterilization (as someone else - Bearister - called him) on ignore? One of the issues with this site is that ignore doesn't block an ignored person's text when quoted. So when y'all quote him it defeats the ignore function.

The quality of conversation will be better without him.
NYCGOBEARS
I'm loathe to do that in general but in this case, you're absolutely right.
B.A. Bearacus
Not sure why original link doesn't work. Here's the updated.

B.A. Bearacus
Yogi011
B.A. Bearacus said:

But at least the guy from Democrats for Trump is still on board
dajo9
Funny how the rest of us never heard the term dirty snowflake syndrome before and yet immediately knew what it meant and that it was fitting.

That's because the rest of us think for ourselves and don't rely on buzzword bingo to make our arguments.
American Vermin
concordtom
I'm just checking in here this morning to say once again that Trump is a total moron and disaster for the USA and world.

I can't wait for worms to eat his body. Or flames to consume it. Either way!
bearister
concordtom said:

I'm just checking in here this morning to say once again that Trump is a total moron and disaster for the USA and world.

And if Biden, the only guy who can beat him gets the nomination, tRump will have his crew Epstein him.

GBear4Life
He's not "Sleepy" Joe anymore??
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

concordtom said:

And if Biden, the only guy who can beat him gets the nomination, tRump will have his crew Epstein him.

I do not believe that Biden is the only person that can beat Trump. That's a narrative being propagated by many of the same geniuses that said that there was no way that Trump would win the first time around.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

How have you guys not put GB4Sterilization (as someone else - Bearister - called him) on ignore? One of the issues with this site is that ignore doesn't block an ignored person's text when quoted. So when y'all quote him it defeats the ignore function.

The quality of conversation will be better without him.

I will step up to claim rebranding him as GB4Sterilization based on his pro-sterilization beliefs. Five months of reading his contributions to this forum are enough, don't we think? Kindly consider not engaging the troll and also not allowing his thoughts to piggyback onto yours in quote replies. Why encourage more?
Unit2Sucks
Sorry for the confusion BA. I meant to put a question mark after Bearister but did wonder which of you two gents coined it.

And yeah, engaging him allows him to control the conversation and distract from whatever topic people actually came to discuss. Not unlike Trump in that way.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

bearister said:

concordtom said:

I do not believe that Biden is the only person that can beat Trump. That's a narrative being propagated by many of the same geniuses that said that there was no way that Trump would win the first time around.

I hope you are right. Please talk me off the ledge by giving me scenarios where a Progressive gets enough votes from mom an pop in the flyovers that hold the key to the Electoral College.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

I hope you are right. Please talk me off the ledge by giving me scenarios where a Progressive gets enough votes from mom an pop in the flyovers that hold the key to the Electoral College.
I'm curious why these moms and pops that would vote for Biden but didn't vote for HRC in 2016.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I'm curious why these moms and pops that would vote for Biden but didn't vote for HRC in 2016.

1. Mom and pop in the flyovers ain't vote'in for no woman;
2. Mom and pop bought hook, line and sinker all the toxic tales that the The Official Propaganda Arm of the Republican Party (Fox News, their only news source) spun about Hillary;
3. Sleepy Joe is their kind of people; and
4. Mr. Drain the Swamp is a couple of notches more cray cray than advertised.

*That is the most bizarre and embarrassing photo of a POTUS, ALL TIME.
GBear4Life
Certainly true to an extent, but that's a broad brush you're using for a considerable swath of 'older' types in flyoverville...
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bearister said:

concordtom said:

I expect record numbers of black, Hispanic and white female voters to turn out against Trump. Trump won by narrow margins in the rust belt last election. Those voters will not repeat their mistake.

Many white blue collar workers who voted for Trump last time because of his populist message that all turned out to be lies, will turn on him. There are no more factories or jobs. Also, farmers who are taking a hit because of Trump's tariff wars are tiring of him.

Add in the GOP's continuing attempt to restrict women's reproductive rights, repeal Obama Care and their alignment with the failing NRA and you have a recipe for a candidate like Warren who's policies are well thought out to be appealing to the vast lower and middle classes.

Texas is turning purple. The recent tragedy in El Paso may hasten that. The problem in Texas hasn't been the lack of of Hispanic voters, it's been incredibly low turnout. I'm hoping that will change because of opposition to Trump' heinous anti Hispanic agenda.

Also, let's see what happens in Georgia, another state on the cusp of turning purple. While black voter suppression by the GOP is a serious issue, I see record African American turnout happening in 2020, regardless of who's on the democratic ticket. Black voters are incredibly pragmatic.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.