White House has settled in

678,127 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
bearister
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
America's forgotten imbeciles and a-holes.
golden sloth
B.A. Bearacus said:

I was reading an article earlier this week which said the quickest way to break down the communication lines is to call someone a racist, stupid or sexist, and that when someone you suspect of being racist, stupid or sexist makes inflammatory statements of that kind, the best thing to do is try to empathize with them. Once you achieve empathy, then you can get past the name calling and try to communicate and then change their mind. Personally, I don't know how you talk with someone that wants to believe in an alternate reality.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/11/15/13595508/racism-research-study-trump

As a second thought, I can see Trump winning a second term (I also believe he may be more annoying but less damaging if he loses in 2020), but let's say he does serve out consecutive terms, what do these people do? I continue to believe Trump is a unique person, at a unique time, with unique help from abroad, I don't think another candidate can replicate what he did and I think the social media world will make it harder for the Russians to do what they were able to do. What do these people do without Trump providing them with the sound bites they want to hear to, so they can continue to live in their fantasy land of reality.
bearister
Big Pharma will probably kill off most of them. The rest the National Guard can send to the marble orchard when they act out.
NYCGOBEARS
Video reminds me of an axiom - If you're constantly running into a**holes all day long, chances are... you're the a**hole. That's a big ol crowd of a**holes.
bearister
Koch network vs tRump:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-feud-with-koch-network-exposes-rift-between-populist-forces-and-establishment-gop/2018/07/31/2e5fd874-94d3-11e8-80e1-00e80e1fdf43_story.html
Another Bear
bearister said:

Koch network vs tRump:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-feud-with-koch-network-exposes-rift-between-populist-forces-and-establishment-gop/2018/07/31/2e5fd874-94d3-11e8-80e1-00e80e1fdf43_story.html
I hope both sides ANNIHILATE each other in the process of going after each other. They both work for the 1%, so it's really about power and control. Both seem wholly unqualified to do anything for the general public good. Although there is this...a study. But would they ever back change regard this? I don't see it. (Not ironically, consolidation is a pretty basic business move.)

Koch-backed study finds 'Medicare for All' would save U.S. trillions
Quote:

An estimated cost of $32.6 trillion over 10 years is less than the US would spend over the next 10 years under the current system.
mikecohen
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Koch network vs tRump:

I hope both sides ANNIHILATE each other in the process of going after each other. They both work for the 1%, so it's really about power and control. Both seem wholly unqualified to do anything for the general public good. Although there is this...a study. But would they ever back change regard this? I don't see it. (Not ironically, consolidation is a pretty basic business move.)

Koch-backed study finds 'Medicare for All' would save U.S. trillions
Quote:

An estimated cost of $32.6 trillion over 10 years is less than the US would spend over the next 10 years under the current system.

Does that estimate include the greater productivity and creativity that goes with universal good health?
dajo9
Medicare for all will pay for itself
American Vermin
okaydo

Another Bear
Where's Roseanne Barr?
B.A. Bearacus
Wheels have come off. In the upcoming days and weeks, we're about to see the real Donnie Showtime, y'all.

okaydo
Random thing I just learned: The guy who was ASUC president my freshman year worked for Obama (and Susan Rice).

https://www.harrisafricapartners.com/about-us/

Another Bear

B.A. Bearacus
The real vice president is sounding incredibly tough tonight.

ps. Just discovered that Hannity did not graduate from college.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

ps. Just discovered that Hannity did not graduate from college.

That Thumb with Hair is a disgrace to the Irish specically and to the human race, generally. In other news:

"While many of us have been distracted by Rudy Giuliani's latest legal theories and President Trump's latest tweets the Trump administration is making two big moves that will get him closer to his goal of erasing President Obama's biggest policies, Axios' Amy Harder, Sam Baker and Jonathan Swan report:

The administration is allowing the sale of health insurance plans that undermine some of the main rules of the Affordable Care Act.
And today, it will freeze federal fuel efficiency standards, undermining Obama's goal of making them progressively tougher.
Why it matters: This is being done through rulemaking, which gets the attention of health care and environmental reporters, yet flies under the radar of the cable news networks. These moves have huge, long-term consequences and they show how easily Trump can achieve his policy goals while the TV cameras are focused on the outrage of the day." Axios
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

One of these reporters is going to get killed in the line of duty, and a national monument to the fourth estate in their honor should be built on the Capitol Mall.

White Marble or Bronze?

In fact, why not install a walking tour with monuments to all the Bill of Rights?
For the right to be arms, we'll give the statue a slingshot and a pitchfork.
bearister
The solution for that angry crowd: Soylent Green
B.A. Bearacus
Saw the casting call for Deliverance 2 one more time and noticed this one guy actually does a throat-slitting gesture.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Saw the casting call for Deliverance 2 one more time and noticed this one guy actually does a throat-slitting gesture.

"When you grow up, if you're still feeling raw about it, I'll be waiting. ... " Beatrix Kiddo That's what I would have said to that elderly piece of hateful trash.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hannity:
"Let me say this clearly and loudly. I want every journalist in this country, everyone, I don't care who you work for, to be safe. And I will tell you right now, I will be the first person to come to your defense if I'm there and anyone ever dares lay a hand on you. If I was standing there, if I see it happen, I will be the first person to jump in and fight on your behalf. Physical violence is never acceptable to me, nor is it acceptable to the conservatives I know and respect. And let me also be clear, if you are a conservative, and by the way, you ever threaten anyone, you are not a friend of mine, you are not a friend of this program and by the way or the conservative movement of which I'm just a small part of."

dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Hannity:
"Let me say this clearly and loudly. I want every journalist in this country, everyone, I don't care who you work for, to be safe. And I will tell you right now, I will be the first person to come to your defense if I'm there and anyone ever dares lay a hand on you. If I was standing there, if I see it happen, I will be the first person to jump in and fight on your behalf. Physical violence is never acceptable to me, nor is it acceptable to the conservatives I know and respect. And let me also be clear, if you are a conservative, and by the way, you ever threaten anyone, you are not a friend of mine, you are not a friend of this program and by the way or the conservative movement of which I'm just a small part of."

Who's going to tell Hannity about Trump?
American Vermin
bearister
Somehow I am not convinced Hannity can bring da ruckus. My guess is he would start wheezing pretty quick into the combat followed in short order by having a massive squeezer or throwing a clot.
bearister
concordtom said:

...In fact, why not install a walking tour with monuments to all the Bill of Rights?
For the right to be arms, we'll give the statue a slingshot and a pitchfork.

....or perhaps a large sculpture of Maria "servicing" Wayne in bronze.
NYCGOBEARS
She looks like Tracy Ullman
okaydo

bearister
Ex-GOP strategist and outspoken #NeverTrumper Steve Schmidt sounded the alarms on Real Time with Bill Maher on the current state of the Trump presidency.

On the subject of President Donald Trump's repeated attacks on the media, Schmidt insisted that it "isn't a question about media bias."

"We're seeing somebody go to mass rallies, constantly lie to incite fervor in a cult of personality base, we are seeing him make victimization honorable- they're all victims, right? We are seeing the allegation of conspiracy, the 'Deep State,' hidden, nefarious movements that only the leader can see. We see the scapegoating of minority populations, vulnerable populations, and lastly, the assertion that 'I need to exercise these powers that no president has ever claimed to have,'" Schmidt told the Real Time panel. "This is deliberate. This is an assault on objective truth. And once you get people to surrender their sovereignty, what is true is what the leader says is true, what is true is what the leader believes is true, even though what's true is staring you in the face. when that happens, you are no longer living in a democratic republic. 35% of this country has checked out. They have joined a cult.They are obedient. They are obedient to the leader."

Later on, Schmidt accused the GOP leadership on Capitol Hill of "being complicit" of Russia's attacks on our democracy.

"They are not defending this country," Schmidt said to Bill Maher." And they are unfaithful to their oaths of office and to the Constitution of the United States." JOSEPH A. WULFSOHN , Media ite

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/94evwy/the_call_to_investigate_republicans_for_colluding/?st=JKFGAGN3&sh=00f62fed
sycasey
okaydo said:

U bum!
B.A. Bearacus
His tweet even caused this familiar ex-CIA director to crossover a bit (in terms of what he responds to) and use one of his 48 historical tweets to weigh in.

NYCGOBEARS
I rode in an elevator with Michael Cohen about 45 minutes ago. Overheard some really old UES type lady giving him words of encouragement. He was surprisingly polite to me in our short interaction.
B.A. Bearacus
NYCGOBEARS said:

I rode in an elevator with Michael Cohen about 45 minutes ago. Overheard some really old UES type lady giving him words of encouragement. He was surprisingly polite to me in our short interaction.

Lordy, exact interaction please!
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

That's pretty darn cool NYCGB! He is a historic person that will be in history books long after we pass.
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.