White House has settled in

678,301 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Something ain't right with this boy. Also, I feel extra sorry for those (non-base) who pass away knowing this guy is still president. He's a bad trip.

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Thx for the link Okaydo. Golden O and all last remaining Trump supporters... I'm on the lookout in the WaPo comments section for a comment from you saying "Quit hyperventilating bro!"

By William H. McRaven
August 16 at 2:44 PM
William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
bearister

"President Trump described Aretha Franklin as someone who "worked for me" while paying tribute to the legendary singer following her death Thursday."

It is clear now that there is absolutely no topic that tRump can't turn around and make about himself. You actually gotta respect that. Well done mR. pResident!

Anarchistbear
F$ck John Brennan, Class A creep and torture endorser.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/31/cia-director-john-brennan-lied-senate
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus said:

For when Trump eventually passes away:

"The King of No Soul, Donald Trump, is dead. He was not a great man, and had a horrible gift from Satan, his tweets. He will not be missed!"
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

For when Trump eventually passes away:

"The King of No Soul, Donald Trump, is dead. He was not a great man, and had a horrible gift from Satan, his tweets. He will not be missed!"

Putin's tweet will be:

"He worked for me. He was a good guy."

B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Putin's tweet will be:

"He worked for me. He was a good guy."
Hehe, nice.
bearister
...and when it is announced the Manafort jury is hung and may now go home the reaction of the guy who tampered with at least one of the unsequestered jurors:

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Thx for the link Okaydo. Golden O and all last remaining Trump supporters... I'm on the lookout in the WaPo comments section for a comment from you saying "Quit hyperventilating bro!"

By William H. McRaven
August 16 at 2:44 PM
William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.

I have been reading the comments to this story in the Daily Mail. tRumpists now find themselves in the untenable position of having to insult war heroes and taking the side of a draft dodger. A position they never would have taken historically.
blungld
As a non lawyer, is my concern that jury was not sequestered justified? Given the stakes, the ability for coercion, tampering, threats seems like A real possibility. Is it odd that they have not been sequestered securely?
Anarchistbear
mikecohen said:

Anarchistbear said:

There aren't that many African Americans pure enough to trace their lineage to 100% slavery. There was a lot of screwing around. Even if they were pure it doesn't matter-it's a question of identification as much as blood. Obama chooses to identify as African American- good for him. He's no less African American than anyone else and certainly subject to the same prejudices even though he is not racially "pure."

The argument about use of the N word is silly- it's a viscous epithet or an insider's term of solidarity. Everyone who uses that word knows exactly where they stand.
I believe that oppression is a burden that gets passed down through the generations and forces every child who receives it to deal with it as a weight that can kill you unless you can find a way to alleviate it.

I also believe enough in human progress to believe that the weight of the creative solutions also builds up through the generations.

I also understand that just the visibility (or mark) of it subjects the bearer in this country to the essentially constant weight of negative regard from the others in this society who are, by the way, no less infected with the disease (albeit from the other side); but I still believe that it is nevertheless very different not to have the actual experience of slavery and its aftermath handed down directly into your psyche through the effects that it has had on your direct forebears.

You believe this as a black man?
bearister
blungld said:

As a non lawyer, is my concern that jury was not sequestered justified? Given the stakes, the ability for coercion, tampering, threats seems like A real possibility. Is it odd that they have not been sequestered securely?

I think the Russians would have figured out how to tamper even if the jury was sequestered (intimidate family who then figures out how to get a message in). In my book a conviction is huge in the potential ultimate downfall of tRump and a hung jury or acquittal (that would really impress me) is equally important. I just think it is so easy for the Russians to get to one juror, or for at least one juror to be a hard core tRumpist, that jury intimidation or nullification is most likely. I pray I am wrong.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Feels like Trump is on the bus in Speed at this point. He can't tweet less than 20 times in 24 hours without the bus exploding (at one point today, I saw 18 tweets in 23 hours, but I think he deleted a couple). Seems like he knows that the bus is going to explode soon.

B.A. Bearacus
Former intelligence heads collectively tell Trump to stop fuucking with our country.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Former intelligence heads collectively tell Trump to stop fuucking with our country.

This is the most damning criticism of tRump I have seen to date. How do tRumptists who are not outright traitors put a happy face on this turd?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Something ain't right with this boy. Also, I feel extra sorry for those (non-base) who pass away knowing this guy is still president. He's a bad trip.

Fox News pays tribute to Aretha Franklin with an image of Patti LaBelle
bearister
Another Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Fox News pays tribute to Aretha Franklin with an image of Patti LaBelle

What is truly horrifying is that most of the people whose world view is formed by daily viewership of Fox News would never pick up this error or the comment by the blond on Fox and Friends about defeating the communist Japanese in WWII. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case regarding how Donald J. tRump became our Mad King.
mikecohen
Anarchistbear said:

mikecohen said:

Anarchistbear said:

There aren't that many African Americans pure enough to trace their lineage to 100% slavery. There was a lot of screwing around. Even if they were pure it doesn't matter-it's a question of identification as much as blood. Obama chooses to identify as African American- good for him. He's no less African American than anyone else and certainly subject to the same prejudices even though he is not racially "pure."

The argument about use of the N word is silly- it's a viscous epithet or an insider's term of solidarity. Everyone who uses that word knows exactly where they stand.
I believe that oppression is a burden that gets passed down through the generations and forces every child who receives it to deal with it as a weight that can kill you unless you can find a way to alleviate it.

I also believe enough in human progress to believe that the weight of the creative solutions also builds up through the generations.

I also understand that just the visibility (or mark) of it subjects the bearer in this country to the essentially constant weight of negative regard from the others in this society who are, by the way, no less infected with the disease (albeit from the other side); but I still believe that it is nevertheless very different not to have the actual experience of slavery and its aftermath handed down directly into your psyche through the effects that it has had on your direct forebears.

You believe this as a black man?
Are you saying that only black men can possibly perceive this? or that no one else has the right to talk about it?
Anarchistbear
Is the experience of slavery directly in your psyche as in your illustration or is it your opinion?
BearDevil
Eric Trunp's wife Lara is caught on a tape offering Omarosa a job with the re-election campaign a day after she was fired from the WH. Lara notes that the $180K salary will be funded by "small dollar donors". Now Lara claims the tape is a fraud?!?

2020 campaign is also paying Trump's former personal body guard the same amount to be head of security for the 2020 RNC Convention.

They want to use donor $s to lock long time flunkies into NDAs to ensure their silence. Seemed odd to me that they announced the 2020 Campaign Manager Brad Parscale in February. Parscale headed up the campaign's interaction with Cambridge Amalytics, Facebook, and Twitter. Would probably be more useful working on the midterms, but timing makes more sense now.
bearister
BearDevil said:

Eric Trunp's wife Lara is caught on a tape offering Omarosa a job with the re-election campaign a day after she was fired from the WH. Lara notes that the $180K salary will be funded by "small dollar donors". Now Lara claims the tape is a fraud?!?

2020 campaign is also paying Trump's former personal body guard the same amount to be head of security for the 2020 RNC Convention.

They want to use donor $s to lock long time flunkies into NDAs to ensure their silence. Seemed odd to me that they announced the 2020 Campaign Manager Brad Parscale in February. Parscale headed up the campaign's interaction with Cambridge Amalytics, Facebook, and Twitter. Would probably be more useful working on the midterms, but timing makes more sense now.

Too bad NDA's are ineffective to prevent testimony compelled by legal process. They have to use death threats to buy silence in that event.
OBear073akaSMFan
B.A. Bearacus said:

Fragging? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the former Presidents need to come out on this too! Quit holding back, especially president Obama.
Unit2Sucks
Come on guys, former CIA chiefs but current DEEP STATE OPERATIVES. I wouldn't trust those CIA leaders any further than Sean Hannity can throw them.

bearister
Ryan Zinke football buddy helping to destroy our planet:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/17/interior-secretarys-school-friend-crippling-climate-research-scientists-say?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
mikecohen
Anarchistbear said:

Is the experience of slavery directly in your psyche as in your illustration or is it your opinion?
I'm Jewish; so I have some experience both of historical oppression and fear being transmitted to me through my family, and of being the subject of direct anti-semitism - not to mention the major historical events of the not so distant past (and the continuing prevalence of that phenomenon all over the place); and, having been a jazz musician for a lot of years and hanging out more than a little with black people both then and since; and being a human being sensitive to universal human feelings and experiences; and having lived a long time, I believe strongly in the things I wrote; and, for those reasons, I believe your attempted distinction between experience and "mere" opinion is fallacious.
B.A. Bearacus
60 ex-CIA add names to list of those imploring Trump to stop with the dangerous and un-American shiit:

bearister
B.A. Bearacus
The administration that had no shame.
B.A. Bearacus
Let's all watch Brennan's first televised interview since Trump did his autocrat thing:
bearister
Whatever damaging statement tRump makes in private, he will eventually say in public (in other words he is a sub moron):

"In a private meeting last summer, Trump asked senior national security aides, including then-national security adviser H.R. McMaster, what would happen if the U.S. invaded Venezuela. The aides warned Trump against the idea, but he ended up blurting out publicly that he wasn't ruling out a "military option" in Venezuela. (The AP first reported Trump's private comments.)
For weeks earlier this year, Trump had been telling national security officials that Syria was a disaster and he wanted to withdraw U.S. troops ASAP. His aides, including Chief of Staff John Kelly, privately urged him not to say anything. When Trump traveled to Ohio for an infrastructure event in March, the text of his speech said nothing about foreign policy, according to a source with direct knowledge of the remarks. But Trump got up on stage and blurted out that the U.S. would be "coming out of Syria, like, very soon."
The bottom line: Trump's aides have learned the hard way that once they hear the president say something privately no matter how harmful it might be it's only a matter of time before he blurts it out publicly." Axios
okaydo
Obama can do no right. Trump can do no wrong.

First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.