White House has settled in

678,094 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who do you think pulled the trigger on JFK, Cruz' dad or Woody Harrelson's?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

I think they both went to do it but smoked so much weed they couldn't remember.
bearister
Jon Meacham writes: "We now know as surely as anything is knowable in human affairs that Trump is determined to be a force for division, not for unity."

"He has no apparent interest in rising to the historical moment. ... Though Trump is a novel President, he represents indeed embodies ancient and perennial forces of political, racial and cultural fear."
"Yes, America is the nation that produced Harriet Tubman and Martin Luther King Jr.," Meacham continues.

"It's also the nation that pursued and perpetuated enslavement and institutionalized racism to such a prolonged degree that it took a Tubman and a King to bring about a measure of justice."
"History and experience suggest that, in moments where care fails, we must undertake the duties of guardianship ourselves. We are living in just such a moment." Axios
bearister
"I heard Oprah is in town today. And I heard Will Ferrell was going door-to-door the other day. Well I'd like to remind Stacey and Oprah and Will Ferrell I'm kind of a big deal, too," Pence said.

I think that would only be in the minds of the women Pence's wife and daughter have to perpetually protect him from.
concordtom
bearister said:

"During an interview with Bob Woodward and Bob Costa in April 2016, candidate Donald Trump said when asked if he needed to tame the rage in the Republican Party:

"Yes, yes, but I bring that out in people. I do. I'm not saying that's an asset or a liability, but I do bring that out. ...
I bring rage out. I do bring rage out. I always have." Axios
If there's a video of it, I'd like to place it next to his "I TRY to tell the truth, if I can..."
Cal88
bearister said:

I thought this was pretty funny:

bearister
"Trump was shown a copy of the National Climate Assessment, a federally mandated report the Trump administration released without fanfare, or interference, last November. He dismissed it and said he didn't read it.
"Is there climate change? Yeah. Will it go back like this, I mean will it change back? Probably," Trump said, making an ocean wave motion with his hand.
Reality check: The report is the most comprehensive and up-to-date assessment published by the entire federal government, from NASA to the Environmental Protection Agency. It concludes that "there is no convincing alternative explanation" for the global warming we've observed, other than human causes.
Why it matters: These comments, the first on this report, are among the most extreme he's made dismissing a scientific issue nearly all other world leaders take seriously." Axios
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Why it matters: These comments, the first on this report, are among the most extreme he's made dismissing a scientific issue nearly all other world leaders take seriously." Axios
On the other hand, climate change deniers like Call88 are wringing their hands in disapproval for Trump's acknowledgment that there has been any change.

At this point it's impossible to take Trump seriously on any issue that requires any semblance of discernment. He makes it up as he goes along and has a distaste for acquired knowledge. He's such a caricature of a human that I'm not even sure he would pass the Turing test.
Another Bear
Sign of things to come. Trump, in an unprecedented move, revoked Jim Acosta's press credentials. Full fascism starts NOW and the circus continues but it looks like in the center ring will be Trump imploding on himself under the new pressure of Mueller, firing Sessions, Russkies and all that fun stuff.

I say keep it up and drive him over the cliff. Dotard Mini Mushrrom will buckle under the pressure. Basically Small hands is heading to the same place as Hitler in the bunker.
BearChemist
The WH Press Secretary bluntly used doctored video to discredit a member of free press, let that sink in.
golden sloth
BearChemist said:

The WH Press Secretary bluntly used doctored video to discredit a member of free press, let that sink in.
Scary times indeed, the House simply HAS to play hardball and has to play dirty for the next two years.
golden sloth
Another Bear said:

Full fascism starts NOW and the circus continues but it looks like in the center ring will be Trump imploding on himself under the new pressure of Mueller, firing Sessions, Russkies and all that fun stuff.
You are more optimistic than me, I think democrats need to realize Trump isn't done until he is done, and he will continue to fight forever. No more proclamations of this event being the beginning of the end for him, or that event being the beginning of the end and his rule is now on an inevitable path to being impeached or resigning or whatever. Trump's reign will end when the next president is sworn in, not sooner, and democrats need to plan accordingly.

And to bring this back to football (who'd of thunk), this will be like Cal knocking off SC. I will believe it once the clock hits all zeros in the fourth and Cal has the lead, not a moment sooner.
golden sloth
Does Trump try to force Ruth Baker Ginsburg out.

Quote:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a prominent liberal who at 85 is the oldest U.S. Supreme Court justice, was hospitalized on Thursday after falling in her office at the court the night before, fracturing three ribs, a court spokeswoman said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-ginsburg/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-fractures-three-ribs-in-fall-idUSKBN1ND20M
bearister
Did RBG fall down like characters on House of Cards "fall down?"
B.A. Bearacus
golden sloth said:

BearChemist said:

Scary times indeed, the House simply HAS to play hardball and has to play dirty for the next two years.
The thing about this administration: there are so many evil actors that it's incredibly difficult to pick the most evil one. SHS will never be as evil as Trump because she doesn't have the force multiplier of presidential power, but this lady is the most evil one who is not president.

Anarchistbear
RBG, it's just a scratch

Another Bear
golden sloth said:

Another Bear said:

Full fascism starts NOW and the circus continues but it looks like in the center ring will be Trump imploding on himself under the new pressure of Mueller, firing Sessions, Russkies and all that fun stuff.
You are more optimistic than me, I think democrats need to realize Trump isn't done until he is done, and he will continue to fight forever. No more proclamations of this event being the beginning of the end for him, or that event being the beginning of the end and his rule is now on an inevitable path to being impeached or resigning or whatever. Trump's reign will end when the next president is sworn in, not sooner, and democrats need to plan accordingly.

And to bring this back to football (who'd of thunk), this will be like Cal knocking off SC. I will believe it once the clock hits all zeros in the fourth and Cal has the lead, not a moment sooner.
I honestly think Trump can be pushed to the edge and shoved over by pressure. Remember the past two years he's had both houses and the SC on his side and it was still chaos and crazy temper tantrums, often at his own people. The WH is not well run. Now that the Dems have the house, they have some leverage, enough to squeeze him a bit. Add in Mueller and there's soemthing there. I agree no proclamations, so maybe this is simply a turn in the story.
Cal88
bearister said:

"Trump was shown a copy of the National Climate Assessment, a federally mandated report the Trump administration released without fanfare, or interference, last November. He dismissed it and said he didn't read it.
"Is there climate change? Yeah. Will it go back like this, I mean will it change back? Probably," Trump said, making an ocean wave motion with his hand.
Reality check: The report is the most comprehensive and up-to-date assessment published by the entire federal government, from NASA to the Environmental Protection Agency. It concludes that "there is no convincing alternative explanation" for the global warming we've observed, other than human causes.
This report is in the same vein as the IPCC's, a lot more political than scientific, it looks like it's been written by 27 year old activists, not serious scientists. It starts from the premise that the climate models, which have been proven to be wildly alarmist, will materialize.

This report is basically what someone would write if he was living in an alternative universe where the red line materialized. Take a look at the agriculture section for instance:

https://nca2014.globalchange.gov/highlights/report-findings/agriculture

US and global agricultural outputs have been growing and are at all time highs, so much so that the total area dedicated to agriculture has actually been shrinking, even as world population and global demand have been rising steadily. Essential crops such a corn, rice, wheat and soybean have kept growing, in what were supposed to be the hottest years on record.

Someone reading this report would be totally shielded from this reality, in its most basic aspect.

Its authors want to implement artificially restrictive energy policies that would result in much higher costs, which would disproportionally affect the poorest population segments, the kind of policies you see in Germany or Denmark where energy costs are nearly 3 times higher than in the US.

Another Bear
Well, well...KARMA. Yup, it's a beotch. The Dems take the House and the leadership positions and viola!

Why Trump Should Fear Maxine Waters Leading The Financial Services Committee
Quote:

With her re-election this week, California Rep. Maxine Waters is set to lead the House Financial Services Committee when the next session of Congress begins in January, and that is potentially bad news for President Donald Trump.

As head of the financial services committee, which oversees the American banking system and its regulators, Waters would have the power to subpoena Trump's personal tax returns and bring in bank executives for investigations.

Quote:

Waters said Wednesday that she plans to investigate Deutsche Bank AG (DB, -1.98%), which has loaned money to Trump, calling the Frankfurt-based lender "one of the biggest money laundering banks in the world." She also wants to meet with Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan and investigate payday lenders.

Waters, a 13-term member of Congress and the ranking Democrat on the committee, has long been a thorn in Trump's side, this summer encouraging her supporters to harass his cabinet members. If appointed, she would be both the first woman and first African-American to head the House Financial Services Committee.

The Deutsche Bank loan was overseen by Anthony Kennedy's son. Funny how that happened.
Cal88
THAT Maxine Waters?

bearister
https://money.cnn.com/2017/02/07/news/economy/trump-tax-returns/index.html
golden sloth
I bet the Treasury Secretary simply doesn't comply with the request for Trump's tax returns, and the executive branch does nothing to force compliance with the demand. Perhaps it goes to the Supreme Court, who then rule in the President's favor.
Another Bear
All I can say now that the Dems have taken the house...conservative of all stripes are reacting like *****s already and things haven't even gotten started. If the responses even here are an indication...the conservative are going to self-destruct with rage.

Nearly two years of unchecked Trump and now the Dems have a reasonably big stick and they're going to nail the GOP, Nazis and Wing nuts with it...then they might roll them over and shove it were it's doesn't shine.

Nope, it will not be pretty but it will be PAINFUL AF. You saw how Kavanaugh cried like a big wussie...that's nothing. No one whines harder than a criminal who is caught. Right now there's no bigger criminal and criminal enterprise than the POTUS and GOP.

Prepare for a long drawn out, grind it out, butt kicking wing nuts. It's gonna hurt and they're going to be aiming at the nuts. And then Trump will resign...likely after Mueller drops the hammer.

This will be absolutely horrible for the country...but we're gonna get our money's worth on the reality TV front.

To the conservative ding bats...prepare for IDIOCRACY!!! (OW MY NUTS!)
bearister
golden sloth said:

I bet the Treasury Secretary simply doesn't comply with the request for Trump's tax returns, and the executive branch does nothing to force compliance with the demand. Perhaps it goes to the Supreme Court, who then rule in the President's favor.

Mueller is first string, baby, he already gots dem. I am putting my lot in with Mueller in a game of legal chess vs tRump and Whitaker. tRump is a senile old man and Whitaker's bulbous melon is the result of swelling not brain crowding.
oski003
Another Bear said:

All I can say now that the Dems have taken the house...conservative of all stripes are reacting like *****s already and things haven't even gotten started. If the responses even here are an indication...the conservative are going to self-destruct with rage.

Nearly two years of unchecked Trump and now the Dems have a reasonably big stick and they're going to nail the GOP, Nazis and Wing nuts with it...then they might roll them over and shove it were it's doesn't shine.

Nope, it will not be pretty but it will be PAINFUL AF. You saw how Kavanaugh cried like a big wussie...that's nothing. No one whines harder than a criminal who is caught. Right now there's no bigger criminal and criminal enterprise than the POTUS and GOP.

Prepare for a long drawn out, grind it out, butt kicking wing nuts. It's gonna hurt and they're going to be aiming at the nuts. And then Trump will resign...likely after Mueller drops the hammer.

This will be absolutely horrible for the country...but we're gonna get our money's worth on the reality TV front.

To the conservative ding bats...prepare for IDIOCRACY!!! (OW MY NUTS!)

Do criminals who are caught whine harder than the innocent charged with crimes? Why is that?
sonofabear51
Hoping you guys are correct. Counting on it. This is bad shyt in too many legal government offices.
Another Bear
bearister said:

golden sloth said:

Mueller is first string, baby, he already gots dem. I am putting my lot in with Mueller in a game of legal chess vs tRump and Whitaker. tRump is a senile old man and Whitaker's bulbous melon is the result of swelling not brain crowding.
Excellent read on Mueller. You WANT this guy in your corner. Conversely, if he's on the other side...perhaps to pee your pants or drink if you're a Russkie asset

Robert Mueller, the Master Of Silence
bearister
oski003 said:

Do criminals who are caught whine harder than the innocent charged with crimes? Why is that?

No one said it better than Shakespeare:

Hamlet then turns to his mother and asks her, "Madam, how like you this play?", to which she replies ironically "The lady doth protest too much, methinks",
B.A. Bearacus
In explaining why Acosta was killed off, Mushroom Dick also says that other members of the press may see the same fate for this reason: "This is a very sacred place. You have to treat the White House with respect. You have to treat the presidency with respect."

And this:
B.A. Bearacus
For those who are up early, watch this damn fool and international disgrace from a few minutes ago as be embarks for Paris:

This orange shiit stain on our country continues...
dajo9
Cal88 said:

THAT Maxine Waters?

Putin friends like Cal88 are always quick with memes and videos. It's almost like there is a database available to them they readily pull from.

In any case, I actually watched this video, titled "Maxine Waters Declares Putin Invaded Korea". Of course, and as per usual, it is a lie (how did I know even before watching the video?). Waters never used the word "invade". She said Putin is advancing into Korea, meaning Putin is making more diplomatic connections in Korea.

I think Cal88 and all the other distributors of these video lies are very low IQ individuals.
American Vermin
sycasey
I just sort of scroll past Cal88 posts these days without reading. Not worth my time.
bearister
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

..."This is a very sacred place. You have to treat the White House with respect. You have to treat the presidency with respect."

My retort:

1. Since Mushroom Dick does not respect the office of POTUS, why should anyone else?

2. I don't recall tRump having this same attitude towards the office of POTUS when Obama held the office.
concordtom
Ministry Of Misinformation hard at work:

First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.