White House has settled in

678,163 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Everything is totally fine. Perfectly normal for a president to claim that his campaign was illegally spied on (by virtue of a judicially approved FISA warrant obtained on a person who the president otherwise denies was part of his campaign) while at the same time openly claiming it's reasonable for him to work with a foreign government to investigate an opponent in the next election.

This doesn't at all resemble a banana republic or a fascist state.

1) if the FBI or DOJ lies in a fisa application and the judge grants it, not knowing about the lies, does that legitimize the warrant? Obviously not. Your logic sucks.

2)Through a single warrant, government agents can capture phone calls, texts, emails and bank records from people "two hops" away. That means all of the suspected spy's direct contacts "one hop" and everybody who contacts those people or even visits their Facebook pages or websitestwo hops.

How many times was the FISA application re-submitted by people appointed by Trump?

It was renewed in January, April, and July of 2017. They must have found some evidence during the first 90 days of surveillance. The alternative is that Rosenstein didn't want to "obstruct" the investigation or appear to be doing so
B.A. Bearacus
Deranged Donald and his allies are blocking how many Democratic investigations?

A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 5
F. 6
G. 7
H. 8
I. 9
J. 10
K. 11
L. 12
M. 13
N. 14
O. 15
P. 16
Q. 17
R. 18
S. 19
T. 20

Answer: U, more than 20.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-his-allies-are-blocking-more-than-20-separate-democratic-probes-in-an-all-out-war-with-congress/2019/05/11/4d972274-733a-11e9-9eb4-0828f5389013_story.html
B.A. Bearacus
Move over Nostradamus...
NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

Move over Nostradamus...

Berkeley Rep did the play in 2016 with Trump very much in mind.
sonofabear51
I need to read this book, if only for the similarities. TY B.A.
Start Slowly and taper off
B.A. Bearacus
The occasional concise recap by a conservative of what Republicans have given up by supporting the president and his policies:

Cal Junkie
bearister

Napolitano claims Trump violated separation of powers 3 times in last week

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/443967-napolitano-claims-trump-violated-separation-of-powers-3-times-in-last-week
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Mnuchin tells congress to shove the subpoena up its ass and to suck his diick.

B.A. Bearacus
Sorry for anyone who hates all conservatives who think this administration is bad for our country or anyone who was previously hurt in some way by Max Boot. This may be the appropriate moment to ask you to point to the teddy bear and show us where Max Boot or his hat touched you.

NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

Sorry for anyone who hates all conservatives who think this administration is bad for our country or anyone who was previously hurt in some way by Max Boot. This may be the appropriate moment to ask you to point to the teddy bear and show us where Max Boot or his hat touched you.

As Boot's position has evolved, so has my opinion of him. You got a love a guy that admits to being wrong on multiple fronts. I heard him on a podcast recently and he articulates the problems of the GOP very well.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

I am assuming that all these spurned subpoenas will go to the Supreme Court, where 5 men will decide trump's fate.

Either that or there will be a mass bonfire, or magnets to hard drives.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Mnuchin tells congress to shove the subpoena up its ass and to suck his diick.

LOCK HIM UP
LOCK THEM ALL UP
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear

Cohen told lawmakers that Trump lawyer Sekulow instructed him to lie about Moscow tower project: report

More of the usual Trump B.S.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Cohen told lawmakers that Trump lawyer Sekulow instructed him to lie about Moscow tower project: report

More of the usual Trump B.S.

Well, a lawyer instructing someone to commit a felony is a felony and will get you disbarred. I hope proceedings are brought before the appropriate governing body to have Sekulow's license to steal yanked.
B.A. Bearacus
Stinking human turd who treats the Constitution as a joke.

B.A. Bearacus
Wapo:

"At least five members of Pelosi's leadership team four who also sit on the House Judiciary Committee with jurisdiction over impeachment pressed Pelosi to allow the panel to start the [impeachment] inquiry."

"The meeting marks the first time rank-and-file lawmakers including members of Pelosi's leadership team have lobbied her to change her long-held position on impeachment. Judiciary Committee members for days have discussed how to move the speaker toward their thinking, but few have been willing to break with her publicly."
Another Bear
With impeachment challenges from established Dem leadership, the McGahn refusal to testify, the Mnuchin refused to release tax docs, and now the discovery of money laundering with Trump and Deutsche Bank...I think impeach is coming.

My guess is Deutsche Bank might be the killer because Mueller didn't investigate it, and Deutsche Bank will likely comply...if they want to do business in the U.S.

Also Amash the GOP going public (and strong) saying Trump committed impeachable acts...doesn't look major now but he's the first domino. Supposedly there's maybe a dozen GOP congressmen who have said the same thing privately. That's one (1)...get eleven (11) more and that's something. A dozen dissenters in the GOP means trouble.

Earlier in the year I thought things (impeachment) would heat up in July and August, especially August in the dog days of summer. I'm thinking this is still when things break...
bearister
Another Bear said:

... especially August in the dog days of summer. ...

B.A. Bearacus
Incredibly slimy person is president. Read about this "renegotiation" scheme to avoid paying for services delivered.

bearister

Another Bear
Karma and irony converge...usually not a good sign.

Here's the thing about impeachment...IT'S ALWAYS ON THE TABLE. It's like dialing up a blitz package, might not use it very often but you practice and have it ready. Dems should have an impeachment team on the ready doing strategy and research so when it's go time, they're not flat footed.
B.A. Bearacus
They found that audio clip of that time you were stoned out of your mind, then inserted it into this clip of Ben Carson.

bearister
The good doctor appears to be the biggest beneficiary of his own prescription pad. He seems very stoned and not alert to me.
B.A. Bearacus
This man has an important job and his salary is paid for by our taxes.

WaPo: Ben Carson's HUD: Political loyalty required, no experience necessary

September 20, 2018
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded promotions and pay increases to five political operatives with no housing policy experience within their first months on the job, demonstrating what government watchdogs and career staff describe as a premium put on loyalty over expertise.

The raises, documented in a Washington Post analysis of HUD political hires, resulted in annual salaries between $98,000 and $155,000 for the five appointees, all of whom had worked on Donald Trump's or Ben Carson's presidential campaigns. Three of them did not list bachelor's degrees on their resumes.
Another Bear
ABC News is reporting Nancy Pelosi is calling an emergency, closed-door meeting tomorrow morning to discuss impeachment with Democrats. I think she stalls the process until, a) they get a break on leverage, or b) someone spills the beans on something that can't be refuted or is too corrupt, Yet the tide may have turned.

My take on Pelosi's leadership style is she is shrewd and can count votes. She isn't going in unless she has plenty of ammo or Trump can be slammed into submission.
bearister
sycasey
Another Bear said:

ABC News is reporting Nancy Pelosi is calling an emergency, closed-door meeting tomorrow morning to discuss impeachment with Democrats. I think she stalls the process until, a) they get a break on leverage, or b) someone spills the beans on something that can't be refuted or is too corrupt, Yet the tide may have turned.

My take on Pelosi's leadership style is she is shrewd and can count votes. She isn't going in unless she has plenty of ammo or Trump can be slammed into submission.

I think Pelosi's philosophy on something like this is: "Make me do it." She wants to see the groundswell of public pressure, particularly among her own party base, to demonstrate that it's worth the effort politically. IMO a lot of people mistake this pragmatism for an unwillingness to pursue progressive priorities. No, she just knows she needs to hold her caucus together while doing it, and not everyone is reading lefty Twitter.
bearister
China Deserves Donald Trump
It took a human wrecking ball to get China's attention.
By Thomas L. Friedman

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/opinion/china-trump-trade.html
ducky23
B.A. Bearacus said:

They found that audio clip of that time you were stoned out of your mind, then inserted it into this clip of Ben Carson.

It is beyond ironic Carson confused an REO with Oreo.

While rep porter believes he was referring to the cookie (when he said Oreo), i think we all know he was simply referring to himself
bearister
can anyone explain what in God's green acre happened to Ben Carson? His Wikipedia page is extremely impressive. When did he take the wrong exit? He appears classically overmedicated, which, if true, it go a long way towards answering my question.

I just found this after posting the above:

What the Hell Is Going on With Ben Carson?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-ben-carson-53153/

"Even his speaking demeanor drips with disregard: the total unconcern with being audible, as if anyone who has trouble hearing needs to lean closer; the endless dilations delivered with eyes almost fully closed, as if eye contact or even the presence of others is immaterial; the answers that engage topics of interest to him at a plodding pace regardless of your available time, ending at a terminus of his choosing, the journey intelligible only to himself. More pointedly, almost the only time Carson raises his voice, opens his eyes and looks directly at someone for a response is when he's angered. Like Jabba the Hutt, he only stops nap-talking and stares when he's surprised or denied his expectations."

First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.