White House has settled in

680,215 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maureen Dowd on the Saudis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/opinion/sunday/saudi-arabia-united-states.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi58
bearister said:

Maureen Dowd on the Saudis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/20/opinion/sunday/saudi-arabia-united-states.html
She better not make any trips to Saudi Arabia.
Cal88
The Saudis get built up as evil and fit the worst stereotypes of Arabs, but they are pretty much a puppet regime. Trump is right when he is saying their shelf life would be just a few weeks without US military backing.

Since the early 70s, the Saudi royal family has received full backing to rule the Arabian peninsula as absolute monarchs from every US government in exchange for their support of the Petrodollar, which has propped up the USD as the world currency ever since.

We in America have been able to enjoy a significantly better standard of living due to the fact that the USD is the main currency used in the global oil trade. Saddam Hussein and Qaddafi deviated from that program by trading their crude in other currencies; that was one of the main reasons behind their downfalls.
Cal Junkie
Another Bear said:

It sure is quiet on the Mueller front but that's by design, respecting the protocol not to throw out something potentially disruptive during an election (Labor Day until Voting Day).

Trump is still going to get it. The Hill is reporting Mueller isn't going after obstruction charges like many thought. Nope Mueller is following the money and it appears there was plenty of foreign campaign donations (illegal), including from Saudi Arabia and Russia. Just like how Trump gave Putin a public BJ in Helsinki, the denial that the Saudis did anything like execute a journalist seems from the same page.

It appears the big target is Roger Stone, the man with a Nixon tramp stamp on his back. (9 individuals have been subpoenaed related to Stone.)

So, it looks like a nothingburger now but after the midterm, there's talk that Mueller is ready to drop the hammer.

p.s. Report: Pompeo Heard Tape of Khashoggi's Murder.

That'd be lovely but Kava-rape and the corroded SCOTUS have their eyes on pardoning state charges. I'm not sure the GOP will do anything but brush it off and continue on their way at this point.
BearChemist
To folks still at San Francisco, hope you stay safe from the riots against sanctuary cities.
B.A. Bearacus
Cool Bernie, but nobody in the know-nothing GOP cares.

bearister
I never thought I would see it get to this point:

Another Bear
FEAR drives the conservative, wing nut movement. They are scared of everything. Mostly however it's ignorance, bigotry and stupidity.

p.s.What the GOP is really fearing is losing the house and getting a butt kicking if the Dems take the House, maybe the senate...because then the jig is up and Mushroom dick gets real scrutiny.
sonofabear51
Agreed. They have certainly cornered the market on FEAR. And then there are the so-called riots happening all over California right now. Ordinarily, I would laugh out loud at such garbage, but this is all feeding his base for the midterms. Asssshhhhht, and then some.
B.A. Bearacus
blungld
bearister said:

I never thought I would see it get to this point:

They're coming to get you!!!!!

I don't care how hardcore Republican you are this should disgust you and there should be no equivocation about it.

The claims throughout are outrageous, but the underlying premise is the most insane. You are supposed to believe that that over 50% of the country just sits around all day and tries to think of ways to ruin the country--and that is the the more educated; more empathetic and pacifist; and more successful half, but yeah they just want to throw money away and be violent. That makes tons of sense.

Anarchistbear
That ad is very funny. One only wishes there was a radical left- as opposed to Schumer and Pelosi, the "radical" losers . Fact is, there are no demonstrations, no general strikes, no people in the streets, no student unrest. Only people tweeting pictures of themselves with a "resist" sign next to the heirloom tomatoes at the farmer's market.
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

That ad is very funny. One only wishes there was a radical left- as opposed to Schumer and Pelosi, the "radical" losers . Fact is, there are no demonstrations, no general strikes, no people in the streets, no student unrest. Only people tweeting pictures of themselves with a "resist" sign next to the heirloom tomatoes at the farmer's market.

tRump would have had a squeezer just thinking about these dudes:

B.A. Bearacus
Grand Wizard Mushroom Dick at Texas rally tonight:

"You know, they have a word. It sort of became old-fashioned. It's called a 'nationalist'. And I say really, we're not supposed to use that word. You know what I am? I am a nationalist. Use that word."
Another Bear
The not so ironic thing is the blue states aren't just better educated but the blue states have far more successfully economies who also happen to pay more in federal taxes often subsidizing the poor red states. California gets back .79c for every fed tax dollar.

In macro economics that's reality and part of the system but those states need to stfu and the successful economies should remind those asshats of the reality...or flip both houses and dump mushroom nubbin.
Another Bear
That is Brannon and Miller feeding mushroom nubbin a line. Unfortunately he bit and sees the power towards his base.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

Those things have happened, just not to the extreme the Republican ad claims. The great majority have been orderly marches and demonstrations, with only isolated instances of violence.
Another Bear
Passenger arrested for groping woman on Southwest flight, says President Trump said 'it's OK'
Quote:

Bruce Michael Alexander's fingers -- thick and hairy, with dirty nails -- matched the description the woman gave to authorities.

Once again, can't make this stuff up.
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

Grand Wizard Mushroom Dick at Texas rally tonight:

"You know, they have a word. It sort of became old-fashioned. It's called a 'nationalist'. And I say really, we're not supposed to use that word. You know what I am? I am a nationalist. Use that word."
The crowd cheers at the word "Nationalist." These people have no idea what that word connotes or that it is part of what forms "NAZI".

They cheer as if they have been waiting for years for SOMEONE to finally say that word. They cheer as if that word meant something to them, thirty seconds before he said it.

They only cheer because he said it and it sounded vaguely like a middle finger to the college educated, the cultured living in urban areas, the uppity minorities who want rights and what they see as freebies, the sexual deviants who want to ruin their religion, and so on.

If it sounds like rage, CHEER! It's straight playground logic.

Trump could literally say "Cabbage Salad" and they would cheer if he said it in a way that sounded like an FU to the LIbtards.

Yes, the great American experiment has plummeted to catering to these small minded people and it is they who have enabled the destruction of principles, truth, and social norms; the raiding of public funds and unguarded corporate malfeasance; and the war that looms on the horizon.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
concordtom
How come every time I am watching news and they show the scene of folks pouring in and waiting for Trump rally there is heavy metal music like Guns N Roses blasting as if it were a regular rock concert? Get drunk in the parking lot, smoke dope, go see the show, yell and scream to get your energy out. What a rush!

Anyone know how much it costs to get into one of these things?
Why doesn't the counter crowd go into these things en masse and spoil the show? Just boo instead of cheer.

Here's the answer:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/are-tickets-to-trump-rallies-free-heres-how-much-it-costs-to-attend-a-trump-rally.html/

They give away tickets for free, in exchange for your name, address, phone number. They give away more tickets than seats so that you have to show up and wait beforehand to get in.

And listen to those instructions to the crowd on how to handle protestors.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/announcer-tells-trump-rally-attendees-how-to-handle-protesters/2018/08/30/b9ec3f92-aca0-11e8-9a7d-cd30504ff902_video.html?utm_term=.9251f55d1e36
bearister
concordtom said:

...Why doesn't the counter crowd go into these things en masse and spoil the show? Just boo instead of cheer.

Maybe they don't want to get shot. Mushroom Dick would grant a pardon to the shooter from the podium.
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

...Why doesn't the counter crowd go into these things en masse and spoil the show? Just boo instead of cheer.

Maybe they don't want to get shot. Mushroom Dick would grant a pardon to the shooter from the podium.
Good point.
Or punched in the face.
okaydo
sycasey
If Trump is their manager, Dodgers probably lose to Milwaukee.
Anarchistbear
The failing Dodgers are terrible. They are lucky they play in a puny league. They'd be third in the AL East.

They need a real not a fake manager like Dave Roberts. There's only one guy that comes to mind.
blungld
Many people say, this isn't me saying this, but believe me, I am the greatest baseball manager in American history and in all honesty there would never be a run scored against my teams in the Bigly League. But you won't hear the Fake News say a word of this. So unfair.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
Just finished Woodward's Fear. Clearly Kelly, Mattis, Pence, et al are not safeguarding our nation because there is enough evidence in the book to justify a removal under the 25th Amendment. Mattis is quoted as saying tRump has the comprehension of a 5th or 6th grader. Kelly and Tillerson assessed him as an f'in moron. Dowd simply called him an f'in liar.

https://twitter.com/Htygrett1/status/1056778864444301312/photo/1
Another Bear
Surprise, surprise...Trump is a lazy, worthless bum, a dumb loafer.

9 hours of 'Executive Time': Trump's unstructured days define his presidency

Quote:

The president's schedule shows huge swaths of his day unplanned, allowing his whims and momentary interests to drive White House business.

Quote:

But the lack of structure yields a lack of orderly decision-making and discipline that can be a huge problem given the demands of the job," he added. "'Executive' is the last thing I would call unstructured time."
golden sloth
He's got the work ethic of someone that declared bankruptcy 6 times!
concordtom
golden sloth said:

He's got the work ethic of someone that declared bankruptcy 6 times!
Don't you wish you could go back in time and have some sort of childhood intervention program with him?
I'm not saying what kind, just sayin'.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Surprise, surprise...Trump is a lazy, worthless bum, a dumb loafer.

9 hours of 'Executive Time': Trump's unstructured days define his presidency

Quote:

The president's schedule shows huge swaths of his day unplanned, allowing his whims and momentary interests to drive White House business.

Quote:

But the lack of structure yields a lack of orderly decision-making and discipline that can be a huge problem given the demands of the job," he added. "'Executive' is the last thing I would call unstructured time."

He is spending all his time in October going from one rally to another like a classic rock n roll band.
Where are the chicks he bangs after the show?

Serious question: do you think he gets all the sex he needs from Melania? Does he get ANY sex from Melania?
Another Bear
Vlad Putin fulfills all of Donnie's sexual needs. Usually it's a quick whiz but something he drops a big bag of shtt on him. Given he owes Puties billions...he just shuts up and takes it.
Another Bear
All I've got is goddmmn slacker.
bearister
"During an interview with Bob Woodward and Bob Costa in April 2016, candidate Donald Trump said when asked if he needed to tame the rage in the Republican Party:

"Yes, yes, but I bring that out in people. I do. I'm not saying that's an asset or a liability, but I do bring that out. ...
I bring rage out. I do bring rage out. I always have." Axios
okaydo

First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.