White House has settled in

678,068 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chris Christie goes after The Kush:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/15/chris-christie-book-jared-kushner-accusations-hit-job?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"Christie asserts that Trump has a "revolving door of deeply flawed individuals amateurs, grifters, weaklings, convicted and unconvicted felons who were hustled into jobs they were never suited for, sometimes seemingly without so much as a background check via Google or Wikipedia."
bearister
Thomas Friedman's latest on tRump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/opinion/trump-roberts-shutdown.html
blungld
bearister said:

Thomas Friedman's latest on tRump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/opinion/trump-roberts-shutdown.html
This resistance is not enough.Trump wanting to pull out of NATO is not a policy position, that is abdication of his role of Commander in Chief and even the suggestion of this should have been instant articles of impeachment by both parties. Instead, it gets tossed on the pile of "controversial" or "unconventional" positions he holds defended by the spin machine of conservative media. No, this is just straight betraying our country and alliances and making the entire world unsafe.

The rich do nothing, because the landscape of corruption insulates them and makes them richer. The poor do nothing because their religion and the desire to blame others (gays, minorities, immigrants, liberals, etc) boxes them into easily manipulated fear, hatred, and emotion.

Is the entire world, millions of lives really at risk because of one man's personal debts to Oligarchs and embarrassing pictures held by Putin? It's unbelievable and straight of a Douglas Adams novel and right in plain sight...and still 30-40% nod their head with approval of the emperor's invisible new clothes. It's crazy-making for those of us who see he is simply naked.

There is a high probability that a world crisis is on the horizon either/both economic or military, and every Republican who dances around and apologizes for Trump's actions is complicit. There is death down this road, and I am outraged that now, while there is still time to stop it, there are people who want to stand by this man for their own small-minded pleasure in "Liberal tears."

These followers can't retroactively realize the stakes years from now when their country and family have experienced tragic loss and undo it then. They don't get off the hook for this blind loyalty and reptilian thinking. I ask myself, will my son die in a war because a bunch of low-information bigots believe this self-serving narcissistic liar? This is the experience of a terrifying nightmare where you are helpless...trying to run but feet won't touch the ground.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
Well done, blungld. Your piece is worth your effort.
blungld
bearister said:

Well done, blungld. Your piece is worth your effort.
Wish there was some way that those who need to listen would see opinions like these, not as partisan smack, but as a legitimate warning to be heard; these canaries are getting woozy, and still further and further into the darkness they trudge.

B.A. Bearacus

All these liberals like George F. Will really need to stop hyperventilating about the president. Get a grip, libs!

"The shabbiest U.S. president ever is an inexpressibly sad specimen... [The GOP] is resorting to crybaby conservatism: We are being victimized by 'elites,' markets, Wall Street, foreigners, etc."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-will-trump-shabby-president-sad-0121-20190118-story.html
bearister
"As President Trump begins Year 3 of his presidency today, an interesting way to look at his record is to consider how he'd be judged if he were a CEO.
"2 years in, president is at a loss as dealmaker," the WashPost's Phil Rucker and Josh Dawsey write:
"Trump's management of the ... shutdown his first foray in divided government has exposed as never before his shortcomings as a dealmaker ... apparent shortage of empathy ... difficulty accepting responsibility ... revenge ... seeming misunderstanding of Democrats' motivations."
Republican strategist Mike Murphy, a Trump critic: "People saw him as some sort of business wizard. ... It's like McDonald's not being able to make a hamburger."

"As he did during decades in business, Mr. Trump has insulted adversaries, undermined his aides, repeatedly changed course, extolled his primacy as a negotiator and induced chaos." Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus

(On the left Grand Wizard D cutting weight by skipping Big Macs for a week; on right, during the fight today before he got his ass clocked by Pelosi.)
bearister
Kellyanne Conway, like the cheating husband who texts his junk pictures to his mistress that then show up on his iPad while his wife is shopping online, just doesn't understand technology. Oops!

"Vanity Fair's Hive last night posted one of the juiciest dishes in the sumptuous buffet that is "Team of Vipers" the memoir by former White House aide Cliff Sims, which is out Tuesday but is already the subject of much West Wing gossip.

Sims writes about a day in May 2017, when "Morning Joe" accused White House counselor Kellyanne Conway of being disloyal to President Trump.
Sims was called to her upstairs West Wing office to discuss a response:

I assumed this was because she feared Trump would believe the charges ... I had not brought my work laptop upstairs with me when she called, so Kellyanne pointed over to her personal MacBook sitting on the conference table on the other side of the room. "Just use that and type something up for me," she said.
I sat down and started slowly pecking out a statement. ... I was also getting distracted by the nonstop stream of iMessages popping up on the screen. At that point, personal phones had not yet been banned in the West Wing, so Kellyanne was sitting at her desk texting away. And since her iMessage account was tied to both her phone and her laptop, ... I could inadvertently see every conversation she was having.
Over the course of 20 minutes or so, she was having simultaneous conversations with no fewer than a half-dozen reporters, most of them from outlets the White House frequently trashed for publishing "fake news."Axios

bearister
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-democracy-is-in-crisis-we-must-focus-on-2020--not-impeachment/2019/01/24/b51f1268-1ff6-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html

"Let's not talk about impeachment, or put all our hopes on the special counsel: the former is mired in Washington politics and the latter will be once the report is released. Let's stay focused on taking back our country with the power of our votes." Robert Redford

With all due respect to one of my movie heroes, I have to disagree with Sundance. Look, we let the haters, racists and losers feel better about themselves by allowing them, with Russian assistance, to elect the class clown to drive the bus on the school field trip. Well, the clown has crashed the bus and there are casualties. The class clown needs to be removed, criminally charged, convicted and incarcerated. If any of his supporters are raw about that and act out then they will be dealt with accordingly based on the level of their misbehavior. I am willing to support Sundance's argument as a Plan B.
Yogi58
bearister said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-democracy-is-in-crisis-we-must-focus-on-2020--not-impeachment/2019/01/24/b51f1268-1ff6-11e9-9145-3f74070bbdb9_story.html

"Let's not talk about impeachment, or put all our hopes on the special counsel: the former is mired in Washington politics and the latter will be once the report is released. Let's stay focused on taking back our country with the power of our votes." Robert Redford

With all due respect to one of my movie heroes, I have to disagree with Sundance. Look, we let the haters, racists and losers feel better about themselves by allowing them, with Russian assistance, to elect the class clown to drive the bus on the school field trip. Well, the clown has crashed the bus and there are casualties. The class clown needs to be removed, criminally charged, convicted and incarcerated. If any of his supporters are raw about that and act out then they will be dealt with accordingly based on the level of their misbehavior. I am willing to support Sundance's argument as a Plan B.

Well remember, Sundance helped take down Nixon.

I think he's right. Whatever happens with the Mueller report will happen. If we're unsatisfied with how our Congressman and/or Senator responds to that information, we can take it up with them or vote for someone else in the next election. But the impeachment "cure" is largely out of our hands. What we do at the ballot box is not.
bearister
Maybe Rudy can convince Roger to go the Frank Pentangeli Route.

concordtom
I'm watching on Netflix right now, "Get me Roger Stone".
4:30 in and Roger speaks about how Trump would make a good candidate:

"15 seasons of the apprentice not only makes him a smooth television performer, but think of the way he looked in that show: high-back chair, perfectly lit, great makeup, great hair, decisive, making decisions, running the show. He looks presidential. Do you think voters, non-sophisticates, make a difference between entertainment and politics? Politics is ShowBusiness for ugly people."

Wow, and Hillary got bludgened for her The Deplorables comment.
It's where we are at. Most voters cannot keep up with all the ins and outs of it all. Heck, most professionals cannot keep track of it all these days. It's become a game of foolery. Who can use propaganda and messaging to steer people best.

If we lived in a world of rationality and perfect information, democracy as envisioned, where the best ideas were voted on by the people, would be what we have... but, we don't. So we have this messy system of Reporting but catcalls of fake news, Truth-seeking, but conspiracy theories accusations, Honest people coming to the fore, and being completely wiped out by the machine of propaganda and misinformation.

Freedom of speech allows for it. Hmmm.

concordtom
Later, he says in speaking at a campaign rally in Ohio to a bunch of rough biker-types with guns:

"I have never been more excited about a presidential campaign. I have never seen a grassroots uprising like this. This is not the Republicans versus the Democrats. This is the elite of the Democratic and Republican parties who have driven this country into the ditch versus Donald J Trump and the rest of America. I think you for your support. We are on the verge of making America great again."

He then goes on to tell a story about how he fooled all the children in his elementary school to vote for Kennedy in a Michael action instead of Nixon. He liked Kennedy because his parents were Catholic, and he told all of the kids in the lunch line that if Nixon were president he was going to have everybody go to school on Saturday. It was reported in the local newspaper with great surprise that Kennedy absolutely swept this Mark election. And Roger stone reports that that was the first time he understood the value of disinformation.

CNN will/should never again make the mistake of giving a scumbag airtime!
Too many "deplorable" "non-sophisticates"
concordtom
Wow, this guy is a serious piece of work.
Anyone who has access to Netflix has to watch it.

This guy recruited and elected Teump.
This guy had a lobbying company with Manafort and they say to the camera all they were interested in was making money. Total sell outs with no morals. And this photo is the very least of it.

concordtom
There's your Conservative Republican Party !
concordtom
Wow, Pat Buchanan splintered from the GOP to run for presidency in a new Reform Party.
Stone got Trump to run against Buchanan to derail his effort. Buchanan had an illegitimate child and Stone was spreading this also in order to allow Bush to win.

Crazy.
concordtom
concordtom
concordtom

Lobby firm partners Manafort and Stone, with Lee Atwater.
concordtom
Roger stone with Roy Cohn

concordtom

Trump with Cohn
concordtom
concordtom

concordtom
concordtom
concordtom
"I have a list of communists in my pocket" Joseph McCarthy with his lawyer Roy Cohn.

concordtom

blungld
What was up with Stone's Nixon pose? Are we all supposed to be thinking: "Yeah, I love Nixon too! I am with you buddy! Hang in there! The injustice of Watergate is happening all over again! Can't let these Democrats get away with prosecuting crimes against Republicans a second time!"

blungld
concordtom said:

Wow, this guy is a serious piece of work.
Anyone who has access to Netflix has to watch it.

This guy recruited and elected Teump.
This guy had a lobbying company with Manafort and they say to the camera all they were interested in was making money. Total sell outs with no morals. And this photo is the very least of it.

Wait, you just made me like him a little bit....gulp.

bearister
Three takeaways from reviewing the Roger Stone photo gallery posted above:

1. His painted purported female companion has what the Daily Mail refers to as "ample assets" (although I'm pretty sure nothing exists like those in nature);
2. It is clear that at some point between his Cohn/Nixon years and present, Rog took up the complimentary hobbies of steroids and pumping iron; and
3. Based on the receding hairline of his youth, Rog invested in a "hair system" of some sort similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's.
Another Bear
Stone is one creepy dude, just like Stephen Miller. Do they get these guys from the same place...the fascist, authoritarian GOP recruitment center? Serious, inbred fuqtards traitors. They'd fit right in with nazis.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
Another Bear said:

Stone is one creepy dude, just like Stephen Miller. Do they get these guys from the same place...the fascist, authoritarian GOP recruitment center? Serious, inbred fuqtards traitors. They'd fit right in with nazis.

Based on their looks and behavior methinks they like their sex kinky and their drugs designer (as did the Nazis).
Another Bear
Peanut Gallery Consultant
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.