White House has settled in

686,464 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Howard Stern: "no doubt" DT's run for the presidency was a publicity stunt.

bearister

Do you ever wake up in the morning and try to come to grips with the fact that the failed game show host has turned the government of the United States into a bad episode of the Jerry Springer Show with all of his supporters in the studio audience cheering and throwing things onto the stage?

B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear
Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Is this supposed to be a hot take? What's next - is Stern going to assert that Trump's popularity is fueled by his scapegoating of immigrants?
Another Bear
bearister said:

Frankly I'm surprised there's not actual boot licking going on there. Com'n boys, MORE TONGUE!
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Is this supposed to be a hot take? What's next - is Stern going to assert that Trump's popularity is fueled by his scapegoating of immigrants?
Hehe. Well, I think it just sounds different coming out of Stern's mouth, given his friendship with DT (no way to construe as DT-bashing), the fact that Stern has a following that I assume skews Republican by a good bit, and that he is probably considered a straight-shooter. For him to say that this was a stunt whose ultimate goal was to prop up The Apprentice's flagging ratings and that DT had zero intention of actually being president and that he very likely hates the part of the presidency that came after winning the election... may be news to some and help them assess how much DT really cares about doing the position justice.
Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Hehe. Well, I think it just sounds different coming out of Stern's mouth, given his friendship with DT (no way to construe as DT-bashing), the fact that Stern has a following that I assume skews Republican by a good bit, and that he is probably considered a straight-shooter. For him to say that this was a stunt whose ultimate goal was to prop up The Apprentice's flagging ratings and that DT had zero intention of actually being president and that he very likely hates the part of the presidency that came after winning the election... may be news to some and help them assess how much DT really cares about doing the position justice.
What I found most interesting is that Stern said Trump begged him for an endorsement and wanted him to speak at the convention. He also said he could have had any job in the administration he wanted - but Stern is just as much of a self-promoter as Trump so who knows if any of that is true. By the way, Stern used the phrase "inside information" but he hasn't shared any - to this point he's just parroting what other people have said publicly. He's peddling a book.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Do you ever wake up in the morning and try to come to grips with the fact that the failed game show host has turned the government of the United States into a bad episode of the Jerry Springer Show with all of his supporters in the studio audience cheering and throwing things onto the stage?
Potentially unreconciled moment that disturbed your sleep last night.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister
With all the nasty character assassination smack tRumpelstiltskin is talkin' about the Intelligence Community, wouldn't you think they could run a covert operation with some retired guys and compile an airtight dossier on the tRump Crime Family misdeeds and then drop in on The NY Times?

concordtom
He's the most hated man in America by far, and specifically with very powerful people. Thus, surprising it hasn't happened yet.

I think it says more about the restraint of those people that it hasn't. Like, Jim Comey... no doubt he'd like to and could. But won't.

And I'm sure there are 1000 people who could demolish him if only they decided to break the law and release docs (which are true).

Another Bear
Oh the irony...and the stupidity. Trump is calling for traitors (like Comey) to be executed. That's straight from the authoritarian ******** manual. Of course the fact he's been involved with Russian election interference never.crosses his mind. Look for this video to reappear after the hammer falls or he leaves office.

bearister

President Trump Wants a Promotion

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/president-trump-wants-a-promotion-840224/

"Trump lackey Corey Lewandowski already was on the airwaves Friday alleging that former Vice President (and potential general election rival) Joe Biden was behind the Steele dossier and that Comey, McCabe and others would all be on trial by "March or April of the next year."
bearister
"...Pelosi "hit on something that is core to his con. His whole life is about the cover-up. He has covered up his academic record, his health reports, his dalliances with women, his finances, his family history. Even while he was saying he was the most transparent president in history, his Treasury secretary was across town telling Congress, 'I'm not giving you the president's tax returns.'.....One of the biggest motivating factors in Trump's life other than food, greed, sex and revenge is mythmaking. Deep down, he knows he's a pathological liar and he's not the person he says he is. But any time anyone pierces that veil, it sends him into a rage.
It's wearing, not letting this petulant man wear us all out." Maureen Dowd, NY Times
concordtom
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Frankly I'm surprised there's not actual boot licking going on there. Com'n boys, MORE TONGUE!
Are you serious?
What more would you want all those pansies to do, dig their own graves?
Uh, never mind. They already have.
In hell.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Are you serious?
What more would you want all those pansies to do, dig their own graves?
Uh, never mind. They already have.
In hell.
Am I serious? Frankly I'm not serious but why why not go with full submission since they've 90% there. It's either lick them there boots...or it's golden showers time. In which case, licking boot seems easier and pragmatic (no need to get wet or soiled on) and those GOP have been nothing but pragmatic when carrying Deranged Donnie's water and pee bottle.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus
Senior editor, National Review:

Another Bear

Daddy issues...sometimes a cigar isn't just a cigar and is much, much more.

FYI: Frum is a GOP who worked for Dubya
bearister
bearister

concordtom
Nice juxtaposition, Bearister.
It's truly incredible. Blows the mind.
bearister
concordtom said:

To the brazen, there is nothing too sacred to be exempt from being exploited as a marketing opportunity.
bearister

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner Made $82 Million While Working in The White House Last Year

http://fortune.com/2018/06/11/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-made-82-million-while-working-white-house/
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

To the brazen, there is nothing too sacred to be exempt from being exploited as a marketing opportunity.
Justice requires that Icarus' wings melt from the sun and he falls to his death.
His bloody and imminent death!

Was envisioning something else when falling from the sky, but no arms no legs works for me, too. (...as a metaphor, comparable to ancient mythology. I, again, do not support or encourage violence.)
concordtom
bearister said:

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner Made $82 Million While Working in The White House Last Year

http://fortune.com/2018/06/11/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-made-82-million-while-working-white-house/

Don't make me vomit.
sonofabear51
Disgraceful. Wonder how much tRump made.
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
sonofabear51 said:

Disgraceful. Wonder how much tRump made.

https://www.opensecrets.org/trump/trump-properties

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/all-the-ways-trump-cashes-in-on-the-u-s-presidency.html/
Cal88
bearister said:

The real issue here is whether Kushner has used his position in the cabinet to make this money and raise funds for his highly leveraged real estate business. He probably did.
concordtom
Liars and thieves.
Con artists.
Ivanka is like her dad. "I'll stop by for sugar." Yeah, right. It was a paid marketing gig.
Deceit.

concordtom
I'll have to catch this one tomorrow

B.A. Bearacus
Not news to anyone, but he said the quiet, evil stuff out loud.

sonofabear51
Saw that earlier, he is a as bad as they get.
Start Slowly and taper off
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.