White House has settled in

680,235 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Ivanka's original face looked better.
bearister
sycasey said:

She told the surgeon to select from the Dolly Parton Line.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
bearister said:

The Sack Of Washington

https://apple.news/A6SvMaUo3TUmH6jS_BLaTsQ

"While Donald Trump mouthed populist, blue-collar bombast on the campaign trail, once sworn into office, he immediately put old-school commerce chiefs in position to run his empire. For the last two years, these corporate warriors have been chiseling through the barricade of laws, safety rules, and common-sense agreements that protect us from marauding commercial interests."

That's what Trump is really about. Incompetent, chaos and diversion = no one is guarding the hen house, and corporations have wrecked havoc.
bearister

chazzed
You can't make this stuff up. Such goalpost moving nicely sums up both the Fox entertainment channel and, more soberingly, right-wing leadership.
AunBear89
chazzed said:

You can't make this stuff up. Such goalpost moving nicely sums up both the Fox entertainment channel and, more soberingly, right-wing leadership.

Don't forget GOP voters. The rank and file Reich wingers lap this $h!t up and puke it out like it is God's honest truth...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Another Bear
Besides the foreign policy hypocrisy, there's also the deficit that the GOP and wing nuts have b*tched about FOR-FCCKING-EVER...now it's no big deal to them.

Straight up lying and doing a 180 flip-flop on hardline core issues seems to be the Republican way.

bearister
Another Bear said:

Besides the foreign policy hypocrisy, there's also the deficit that the GOP and wing nuts have b*tched about FOR-FCCKING-EVER...now it's no big deal to them.

Straight up lying and doing a 180 flip-flop on hardline core issues seems to be the Republican way.

"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due." Dick Cheney, Remarks on Paul O'Neill (January 9, 2004)
concordtom
bearister said:

sycasey said:

She told the surgeon to select from the Dolly Parton Line.

Sorry, but I think this angle is in poor taste.
1) she did have kids, right? Maybe she was nursing in the red.
2) the pic on left is when she's a gawky young teen. Who DOESNT change from then to adulthood.

I'm not an expert in picking out plastic surgery differences, as you are alluding to.
But you don't even need to pick on that if you wanted to criticize her. Just use what she says and does.
That's bad enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
concordtom
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

The Sack Of Washington

https://apple.news/A6SvMaUo3TUmH6jS_BLaTsQ

"While Donald Trump mouthed populist, blue-collar bombast on the campaign trail, once sworn into office, he immediately put old-school commerce chiefs in position to run his empire. For the last two years, these corporate warriors have been chiseling through the barricade of laws, safety rules, and common-sense agreements that protect us from marauding commercial interests."

That's what Trump is really about. Incompetent, chaos and diversion = no one is guarding the hen house, and corporations have wrecked havoc.
Gee, what a surprise that he manipulated voters.
Yawnnn.

Tell me when he feels a truth instead next time. I could sleep on that until the day he dies.
concordtom
bearister said:

Another Bear said:

"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due." Dick Cheney, Remarks on Paul O'Neill (January 9, 2004)
Cant wait for that guy to die, either!
chazzed
No doubt.
concordtom

Quote:

If there was a top 5 list of heart attack candidates, who would be on it in order to reestablish respectability to the party?
Top 10?
Top 50?
How many would it take? The party is a shell, and a joke!!! Those inside (and on here) have no idea that the yoke is on their own face.
#WrongSideOfHistory
concordtom
chazzed said:

Sad to have to say, people are too stupid to recognize.
Another Bear

B.A. Bearacus
Who the **** is filled with contentment that KJU looked very happy and healthy? Answer: Republicans.
bearister
Kim can hardly breath due to obesity and smoking like a chimney.
Another Bear
Many Conservative Media Types Will Happily Ally Themselves With Russian Ratf*ckers

Quote:

The other day, former President Jimmy Carter smacked a whole bunch of gobs with his assertion that Russian ratfcking pretty much had elected El Caudillo del Mar-a-Lago and that, therefore, what we have on our hands is an illegitimate president* leading an illegitimate administration*. Carter is an international expert on rigged elections. He's also over 90 and ran out of fcks to give sometime during the administration of Daddy Bush.

Nevertheless, one former president saying this about a current president* is pretty much the definition of news. (It also raises the uncomfortable question of where in the hell is the most recent Democratic president in this fight.) Now, thanks to some folks at the University of Tennessee via The Conversation, Carter has some data behind him as well.
Quote:

In a statistical analysis published in First Monday, my team and I tracked the activity of Russian social media trolls on Twitter in the run up to the 2016 election. We then compared the fluctuating popularity of this propaganda with that of the two presidential candidates: Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump. We found that exposure to Russian propaganda may have helped change American minds in favor of Republican candidate Trump.
Quote:

Our results show that the weeks when Russian trolls were accumulating likes and retweets on Twitter, that activity reliably foreshadowed gains for Trump in the opinion polls. This finding survived a number of our additional checks, including accounting for the popularity of Trump's own personal Twitter account. It turns out that the activity of Russian Twitter trolls was a better predictor of Donald Trump's polling numbers than his own Twitter activity. Yet Hillary Clinton's popularity was not affected. That is particularly surprising given that much of the Russian propaganda was designed to discredit her. ...
Quote:

My research suggests that Russian trolls helped shift U.S public opinion in Trump's favor in 2016. But was this enough to affect the outcome of the election? The answer is that we still don't know. A closer look at the battleground states that were decided by handful of votes may give us an answer. But given that all Clinton needed to flip the election in her favor was an additional 75,000 votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, it is a prospect that should be taken seriously.

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
The Republicans under DT have made one thing clear: the myth that the US is a special country (something that I personally liked believing) is over so we all need to move on.

bearister
Since they are firing up the tanks anyway, why not...

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-941ecaa7c2857c2f608c62924d21ea7c-c
chazzed
At least 45 just admitted on Fox that one of the more pressing issues in America started during his presidency:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tucker-homelessness-phenomenon-started-022758462.html
B.A. Bearacus

People have enough things to stress out about in their own lives and in the lives of their families. Americans won't want another four years of chaos. Not good for the mind, body, or soul. They will, if necessary, suck it up and vote for a woman as our next president. If those afraid to vote for a female Democrat think it through, they can take solace in the fact that the Senate will be Republican and will thus provide a check and whoever is president will abide by laws and norms unlike her predecessor.
GBear4Life
LOL ... stress and choas brought on by the WH occupant is a personal problem. Maybe better self-management strategies.
Unit2Sucks
GBear4Life said:

LOL ... stress and choas brought on by the WH occupant is a personal problem. Maybe better self-management strategies.
Great point. The best self-management strategy available for most citizens is to vote for someone who isn't completely unfit to be president. The democratic field isn't particularly strong compared to prior cycles but the bar couldn't be any lower right now so hard to imagine a more effective way to eliminate the problem than, you know, eliminating the problem.
GBear4Life
Uh, no it isn't because that accepts the premise that the WH occupant affects your day-to-day well being. If it does, you've got bigger problems than politics.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

The democratic field isn't particularly strong compared to prior cycles
Like when? I'd say it's pretty strong.
Unit2Sucks
GBear4Life said:

Uh, no it isn't because that accepts the premise that the WH occupant affects your day-to-day well being. If it does, you've got bigger problems than politics.

Dude the president impacts a lot of people's daily life. You forget that just 3 years ago it was illegal to say Merry Christmas thanks to Obama but now you're saying Merry Christmas in July. The evangelicals love Trump for this!

Seriously though there are a lot of people who are under attack by the president and who have been negatively impacted by his actions. It's not just immigrants and poor people either: business people have to deal with the daily fire drills when he destabilizes the markets or attacks their business with trade wars and the like. I don't know your life but I know plenty of people who have been forced to adapt to one of Trump's numerous poorly thought out "policies". Hell, I've had to deal with plenty of fall out in my line of work.

Doesn't hit everyone every day but to say that no one has been impacted is shortsighted.

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The democratic field isn't particularly strong compared to prior cycles
Like when? I'd say it's pretty strong.

There are some legitimate candidates but also a bunch of clowns. To my eye, only Biden, Warren and Harris are really legitimate candidates. Sanders isn't a registered Democrat and he is basically just a bomb thrower so I can't take him seriously. I give him credit for saying the same thing for a long time but he's not a guy who can run a successful campaign and hasn't accomplished anything despite having advocated for the same things for 30+ years. Biden has a long history of public service and was a VP but otherwise is incredibly weak and is only here because he rode in on Obama's coattails. Harris is a first term legislator (not dissimilar from Obama) but she has a history of public service and is smart and a great and authoritative communicator who can slap people around in debates. I think Warren has a strong record and to my eye is the candidate that most impressed me, even if I don't agree with a lot of her positions. From my perspective, Warren and Harris are head and shoulders above the field but they aren't any stronger than historical democratic front runners.

This is just my opinion and I understand that many will disagree with me.
bearister
Administration moves to ease drive-time rules for truckers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/business/rules-that-control-drive-time-for-truckers-set-to-be-relaxed/2019/07/01/1a3209c4-9bf0-11e9-83e3-45fded8e8d2e_story.html%3foutputType=amp

"The NTSB has declared fatigue a "pervasive problem" in all forms of transportation and added reducing fatigue-related accidents to its 2019-2020 "most wanted list " of safety improvements. A groundbreaking study by the Transportation Department more than a decade ago reported 13% of truck drivers involved in crashes that resulted in fatalities or injuries were fatigued at the time of the accidents."

"The trucking industry has developed a strong relationship with President Donald Trump, who has made rolling back layers of regulatory oversight a top priority. At least a dozen transportation safety rules under development or already adopted were repealed, withdrawn, delayed or put on the back burner during Trump's first year in office."
B.A. Bearacus
Crystal Method
NASDAQ: SPEED

bearister

Anarchistbear
This is another failure of any political opposition to unchecked capitalism. Most long haul truckers are independent contractors who make less than what truckers used to make 20-30 years ago. The illusion like Uber is that you are your own boss- one who makes minimum wage.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

That's awesome.
sonofabear51
Just visited the House of Terror in Budapest 2 days ago. F'ing brutal. Lot of similarities to todays shenanigans. A lot of what happened at 60 Andrassy Street in Budapest has never really been covered by the media. What happened there with first the nazi's and then the communists/Hungarian secret police, et al, must never be allowed to happen again. It is a major tourist attraction there, and is also there to remind us that this must never. ever, happen again.
Start Slowly and taper off
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.