White House has settled in

682,483 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chazzed said:

"The newly promoted chief of staff for Donald Trump's presidential campaign was arrested in Oklahoma in 2016 and charged with conspiracy to violate state election laws after police seized her then-boyfriend's phone in a cocaine bust, Insider has learned.

Stephanie Alexander, previously the Trump campaign's Midwest political director, was bumped up to chief of staff Tuesday in a campaign shake-up. Prior to joining the Trump campaign, Alexander was active in state GOP politics in Oklahoma, where charges filed in 2016 allege that she participated in a conspiracy to illegally coordinate dark money in a 2014 race for state superintendent of public instruction.

Alexander pleaded not guilty, and the state dropped the charges in 2017 without explanation. Last month, a state judge granted Alexander's request to both expunge and seal the court records on the case.

Asked for comment about the four-year old case, Trump campaign spokeswoman Erin Perrine defended the president's new 2020 chief of staff. "Stephanie Alexander is a campaign professional and continues to be a valued member of the team," she said."
thanks chazzed, strangely unsurprising
# Been spendin' most their lives,
# Livin' in the gangsta's paradise
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Unit2Sucks
smh said:

chazzed said:

"The newly promoted chief of staff for Donald Trump's presidential campaign was arrested in Oklahoma in 2016 and charged with conspiracy to violate state election laws after police seized her then-boyfriend's phone in a cocaine bust, Insider has learned.

Stephanie Alexander, previously the Trump campaign's Midwest political director, was bumped up to chief of staff Tuesday in a campaign shake-up. Prior to joining the Trump campaign, Alexander was active in state GOP politics in Oklahoma, where charges filed in 2016 allege that she participated in a conspiracy to illegally coordinate dark money in a 2014 race for state superintendent of public instruction.

Alexander pleaded not guilty, and the state dropped the charges in 2017 without explanation. Last month, a state judge granted Alexander's request to both expunge and seal the court records on the case.

Asked for comment about the four-year old case, Trump campaign spokeswoman Erin Perrine defended the president's new 2020 chief of staff. "Stephanie Alexander is a campaign professional and continues to be a valued member of the team," she said."
thanks chazzed, strangely unsurprising
# Been spendin' most their lives,
# Livin' in the gangsta's paradise
This is a combination of no reasonable person wanting to have any part of Donald Trump and the fact that they have a marked preference for people who have committed crimes of moral turpitude. It makes those people more indebted to Trump and his cronies because they can later put the screws to them by leveraging their prior criminality, both known and unknown.
Unit2Sucks
So now Trump has issued an executive order that, among other things. limits what Twitter and other social media companies can do. Ironically, to enforce parts of this Trump will likely need William Barr (or the FCC, I suppose) to argue that the social media companies don't have first amendment rights.

Given how strenuously conservatives have supported Citizens United, by which the Supreme Court determined that corporations do have enforceable first amendment rights, I look forward to the inconsistency sure to follow.
B.A. Bearacus
Contrary to popular opinion, MAGA actually loves his and their African Americans.

B.A. Bearacus
We have crossed over.

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
This sounds about right.

AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

This sounds about right.

And the "TDS, virtue signaling, SJW" nonsense from our resident lockstep MAGAts in 5...4...3...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Unit2Sucks
Trump is so desperate for approval that he's focusing his attention where it really matters: gaslighting about poll results so he can lie to himself that he isn't getting destroyed because he's doing such a poor job as POTUS.

He hired a D list pollster to write a letter (which was clearly edited by Trump or someone doing Trump's bidding) to pretend like he isn't really down by 15 points in the polls. Obviously the pollster knows how oversampling and normalization work but pretend like that isn't what's going on.

Imagine being so petty and thin-skinned that you are hire a polling firm to combat a single poll in June when you are getting smoked in every single poll. Biden is breaking Trump right now.

BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

Trump is so desperate for approval that he's focusing his attention where it really matters: gaslighting about poll results so he can lie to himself that he isn't getting destroyed because he's doing such a poor job as POTUS.

He hired a D list pollster to write a letter (which was clearly edited by Trump or someone doing Trump's bidding) to pretend like he isn't really down by 15 points in the polls. Obviously the pollster knows how oversampling and normalization work but pretend like that isn't what's going on.

Imagine being so petty and thin-skinned that you are hire a polling firm to combat a single poll in June when you are getting smoked in every single poll. Biden is breaking Trump right now.

And yet, you constantly beg for his leadership to get you through these troubling times.
Unit2Sucks
So multiple outlets are reporting that Russia offered bounties to kill American forces and the traitor in the White House is so afraid of Putin he is still trying to get them into the G8 rather than protect our troops. Or maybe he's got more important things like protecting confederate statuary. Or maybe he is focused on gutting Obamacare to replace it with nothing. Or maybe he's too busy bungling our COVID response. Or perhaps he is going to wait until he's done supporting Xi's concentration camps as long as China helps him get re-elected. Has any President been so bad at everything at the same time?

smh
Unit2Sucks said:

So multiple outlets are reporting that Russia offered bounties to kill American forces and the traitor in the White House is so afraid of Putin he is still trying to get them into the G8 rather than protect our troops..
two words not soon forgotten in mother russia, ronnie raygun's S)tinger M)issles..
Quote:

[wikipedia] Whether the introduction of the personal, portable, infrared-homing surface-to-air "Stinger" missile in September 1986 was a turning point in the war is disputed. Many Western military analysts credit the Stinger with a kill ratio of about 70% and with responsibility for most of the over 350 Soviet or Afghan government aircraft and helicopters downed in the last two years of the war. Some military analysts considered it a "game changer" coined the term "Stinger effect" to describe it. Wilson claimed that before the Stinger the Mujahideen never won a set piece battle with the Soviets but after it was introduced, the Mujahideen never again lost one.
Unit2Sucks
Another great day for America courtesy of Trump.

Quote:

One person familiar with almost all the conversations with the leaders of Russia, Turkey, Canada, Australia and western Europe described the calls cumulatively as 'abominations' so grievous to US national security interests that if members of Congress heard from witnesses to the actual conversations or read the texts and contemporaneous notes, even many senior Republican members would no longer be able to retain confidence in the President.
The highlighted part is laughable. They are long past the point in the story where the scorpion has stung or the frog has been boiled or what have you.

This has got to drive the President crazy coming from Fox but, if true, would be the first public service ever performed by Trump.

BearChemist
Please don't let Trump drop out, please please!
smh
BearChemist said:

dunno,, replaced with a last minute pairing of Mike Pence / Mitch McTurtle? # giggles
bearister
blungld
Unit2Sucks said:

I have been thinking that there is an urgency/acceleration to Barr's activities and Trump's all-in on the messaging to the gun-toting base that one of three things is happening:

1) Trump (actually Miller and Trump's inner circle) is trying to compress as much criming and cover of up of criming to these summer months, so that he can resign in time for Pence to still pardon him and put together a last-minute campaign built on the entire GOP suddenly distancing themselves from Trump and praising God's will and Christian forgiveness and still getting their SCOTUS nominations (while at the same time playing the victim card that their beloved leader was forced out by the mean and corrupt liberals and fake media). That poor Trump's noble nature could no longer function in a dirty world. In this scenario, the GOP tries to quickly rebrand themselves, while Trump gets to walk away keeping his business interests in place and with no criminal liability at the federal level. Some percentage of racist white America will still deify him so he will still have his ego strokes whenever he wants them and he will join OANN or start Trump TV and play the role of gadfly, media personality (or leave America). The SDNY activity is part of the attempts to squash the ongoing investigations that could lead to Trump's indictment/arrest after leaving office. That is Barr's job one right now.

2) Trump is all in on election interference. The GOP is going to do everything they can to suppress the vote and Russia (maybe China and SA too) will up their social media propaganda, and he believes that like 2016 despite the polling they have a path to a narrow Electoral College win. So he is going to make no pretense of fair or right leadership, it's just going to be how much more shocking and polarizing can I be to keep the base angry and unwilling to look at the facts or consider alternatives. Use the shiny object of racism and controversy to keep spotlight on me. If we do a good job of cheating and catering to America's worst; and if posters on BI keep normalizing, defending, and whatabouting my behavior; and if we can avoid responsibility for virus long enough; and get any heartbeat of good economic news that we can pretend to take credit for; we can still win this and then I can I can pack the courts and DOJ so that I never am held to criminal account for the crimes I am now committing to stay in office.

3) Trump knows he is going to lose and is all in on stoking outrage and anger so that he can at least attempt to ignore the results or declare them fraudulent and tie it up in courts while he sits out statute of limitations and tries to get Barr and SCOTUS to find the legal path for him to stay in office as long as possible. Angry gun toting white supremacists are his courted militia and if he could guarantee a civil war in the streets, and knew he'd have the army on his side (which I think he now questions), that he would actually opt for this third option. I think he'd love to roll the dice on a hostile takeover and a new authoritarian form of government. I just doubt that his inner circle believe they can pull this off, but they would if they could. Fine Americans.

The truth is probably some half-assed exploration of all three.

An interesting scenario is what if Trump DOES squeak out a victory, but loses Senate majority? He would be impeached and removed at just the first foray into criminality or obstruction. Knowing how vulnerable he would be to removal may be a major driver in GOP/Trump strategy and make "resign and pardon" the best path forward. It's incredible to speculate that the president of our country and his party may be thinking in terms like this which are completely ethically bankrupt, and have NOTHING to do with running the country and doing the job they are paid to do. Even worse, this kind of speculation isn't even fantastical or implausible. That's how bad it is under this regime.
BearNIt
The incompetence of Captain Catastrophe is astounding in its breadth & scope. Republicans will pay for their complicity. Every soldier and family member of a soldier should be horrified that he knew either knew about the Russian's offering bounties and did nothing or lacked the intellectual curiosity to investigate further the warning his intelligence agencies gave him. The intelligence community thought it was serious enough to pass along to some of our allies.
Krugman Is A Moron
BearChemist said:

Oh, I think that would be hilarious. And totally deserved by you Biden advocates.

All of a sudden, you'd be real sorry you pushed him on the rest of America when he could no longer run on just "not being Trump."
chazzed
Matthew Patel said:

BearChemist said:

Oh, I think that would be hilarious. And totally deserved by you Biden advocates.

All of a sudden, you'd be real sorry you pushed him on the rest of America when he could no longer run on just "not being Trump."

I know, right? It would be hilarious for your country (?) to become even more of a failed state so that you could "own" Democrats that don't share your view.
Krugman Is A Moron
chazzed said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearChemist said:

I know, right? It would be hilarious for your country (?) to become even more of a failed state so that you could "own" Democrats that don't share your view.
More like maybe a candidate that is willing to save the country from Joe Biden might emerge. Somebody who isn't Trump or Mike Pence.
Anarchistbear
Trump dropping out and Biden croaking will answer the late Carl Reiner's last prayer to God.
blungld
BearNIt said:

The incompetence of Captain Catastrophe is astounding in its breadth & scope. Republicans will pay for their complicity. Every soldier and family member of a soldier should be horrified that he knew either knew about the Russian's offering bounties and did nothing or lacked the intellectual curiosity to investigate further the warning his intelligence agencies gave him. The intelligence community thought it was serious enough to pass along to some of our allies.
I agree. Not knowing is not an excuse at all. If he "didn't know" it's because he either intentionally didn't try and know and/or had no curiosity or instinct to protect service members; or he has staffed his administration with unqualified people; or he has trained his staff to not give him "bad" or problematic news. All scenarios speak to massive incompetence and abject failure as commander in chief, and most likely a willful intent to be shielded from Russian actions so he is not forced to act against his secret ally.

And of course mister "you're fired" "buck stops with Obama" will take ZERO responsibility himself and there will be no call to fire gross, incompetence at-the-drop-of-a-hat as he does with his non-loyal minions. All praise is for him, all blame is for everyone else.
blungld
Matthew Patel said:

BearChemist said:

Your priorities are so awesome!
golden sloth
Matthew Patel said:

BearChemist said:

Once again Biden won the nomination fair and square, he was not pushed on anyone. Bernie was destined to lose because he appeals to a small group of constituents and fails to resonate with the majority of democrats.
Krugman Is A Moron
blungld said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearChemist said:

Your priorities are so awesome!
I thought you had me on ignore?
bearister
When tRump resigns, Pence will become POTUS, suspend the Constitution, change the name of America to Gilead, change his title to Head Commander, and select Jessica Simpson as a participant in The Ceremony with he and his wife Karen aka Mother:

*Oh, and he will remodel the Washington Memorial
Unit2Sucks
Hard to believe this is true, but if so - color me surprised. Didn't think that many people in the Republican party were capable of changing their minds.

smh
hmm, as if Rs are *sick* of something or someone or both. # go figure
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Hard to believe this is true, but if so - color me surprised. Didn't think that many people in the Republican party were capable of changing their minds.

WOW. Pew is definitely a reputable polling outfit, so I wouldn't discount this result out of hand.

I've wondered if the bottom could ever fall out for Trump's approval rating (rather than having a floor around 40% or so) . . . looks like it may be possible.
NYCGOBEARS
Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebulwark.com/trumps-farewell-address/%3famp
Krugman Is A Moron
Unit2Sucks said:

I wouldn't get excited about it. It's the Dem's fault in their mind.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

WOW. Pew is definitely a reputable polling outfit, so I wouldn't discount this result out of hand.

I've wondered if the bottom could ever fall out for Trump's approval rating (rather than having a floor around 40% or so) . . . looks like it may be possible.
Again, don't misread the poll. This is not a poll about Trump, it's about the country.

By the same token, a vote against Trump is not a vote FOR Biden.

sycasey
Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Again, don't misread the poll. This is not a poll about Trump, it's about the country.

By the same token, a vote against Trump is not a vote FOR Biden.
I'm aware of that piece. I'm saying this number shows it's possible for Trump's approval to fall further.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.