White House has settled in

Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone else feel like the White House has finally settled into a rhythm? You don't really know what you are going to get the first few months after a regime change, but feels safe to say at this point that the WH is humming on all cylinders and that this is what we should come to expect in terms of driving policy, coordination between the WH and agencies, controlling their message and other executive functions.

Is anyone surprised that the rhythm is exactly the same as Trump's chaotic campaign? Are conservatives still waiting for that pivot?

Whoever our next president is will look like George Washington by comparison.
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hardly,

It is a new small government concept, leave most political appointee positions vacant,
then blame career civil servants for the failure to provide a guidance path from the Emperor.
It may be a lasting legal concept of the tweet as a legally binding document.
The truth (and policy) resides in the Grump's imagination,
not exactly a well structured organization.

You cannot lie if you don't know the truth,
ignorance is the bastard father of invention...

Unit2Sucks;842856343 said:

Does anyone else feel like the White House has finally settled into a rhythm? You don't really know what you are going to get the first few months after a regime change, but feels safe to say at this point that the WH is humming on all cylinders and that this is what we should come to expect in terms of driving policy, coordination between the WH and agencies, controlling their message and other executive functions.

Is anyone surprised that the rhythm is exactly the same as Trump's chaotic campaign? Are conservatives still waiting for that pivot?

Whoever our next president is will look like George Washington by comparison.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup SP. Here's a perfect example

Quote:


At the Pentagon, the first of the three tweets raised fears that the president was getting ready to announce strikes on North Korea or some other military action. Many said they were left in suspense for nine minutes, the time between the first and second tweet. Only after the second tweet did military officials receive the news the president was announcing a personnel change on Twitter.



So we have military leaders scrambling to ready for a potential offensive against NK when all he was doing was announcing a policy with no follow through. Imagine if NK launched a preemptive attack based on a tweet like this.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"It is no longer sufficient to brand Donald Trump as abnormal, a designation that is surely applicable but that falls significantly short in registering the magnitude of the menace.

The standard nomenclature of normal politics must be abandoned. What we are witnessing is nothing less than an assault on the fundamentals of the country itself: on our legacy institutions and our sense of protocol, decency and honesty." Charles Blow, NY Times

"Nothing about this White House communications department was ever about communicating. On the contrary, it has always been about deception, concealment and equivocation. Informing the public was never the mission. Flattering Trump was the mission. But in the end, Trump will never be satisfied, because successful communications for him is to get people to buy his pack of lies, and that isn't really working the way it once did." Charles Blow, NY Times
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;842856343 said:

Whoever our next president is will look like George Washington by comparison.


I think what comes next after Trump will be worse.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842856431 said:

I think what comes next after Trump will be worse.


Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842856431 said:

I think what comes next after Trump will be worse.


Strykur for President in 2020?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842856431 said:

I think what comes next after Trump will be worse.


Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The White House has gone full Kardashian.

Quote:


Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”


Quote:

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bet Tony the Mooch wishes Mueller's crack team of investigators had some leakers so that the Trump Syndicate could get a heads up with enough lead time to pack Go bags and light out for Rio. The first warning they are going to get is seeing Federal Marshals flooding onto the White House grounds with perp walks through the Rose Garden to follow.
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The new comm direction does seem to have the required talents for the Trump WH.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump, like Putin would, is going to get his beak wet when Tony the Mooch sells his bidness to the Chinese.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/07/27/russia-investigation-delves-into-trumps-most-guarded-business-secrets/515961001/
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't see Kelly, a four star general, putting up with Mooch's coked out rants too long. No fan of Reince, Christie, and Mitt, but unduly nasty the way Trump hung all of them out to dry. He's erratic and insane enough as is, but he basically has to bribe people to work for him. Tillerson gets to rebalance his portfolio at the top of the market tax free via blind trust, Mooch gets a murky deal rubber stamped, and Newt's wife gets to be Vatican ambassador despite a six year affair.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm really going to miss the Scaramucci era: it was fleeting but oh so entertaining. For anyone who bet the under on how long he'd make it - looks like you won!
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It has become too risky for a comic actor to perfect an impression for SNL.
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearDevil;842857117 said:

Can't see Kelly, a four star general, putting up with Mooch's coked out rants too long.


Nice call! Back to one Mooch now!

Only watch Sheppard Smith on FoxNews! "The Mooch is toasted"!
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Price and Herman Cain had longer runs than Mooch. George O'Leary, not so much.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man, why would anybody want to work for the Trump Administration these days?
GB54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842857643 said:

Man, why would anybody want to work for the Trump Administration these days?


Voted Top Rated Presidential Administration by Trump Towers Newsletter
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842857643 said:

Man, why would anybody want to work for the Trump Administration these days?


Most people are not going to turn down a job offer where you work in the White House, even if it was on fire.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842857744 said:

Most people are not going to turn down a job offer where you work in the White House, even if it was on fire.


Agreed.
As I watched those Arlington and Capitol Police Officers receive their Medals of Valor (well-deserved) I couldn't help but think those folks were only half happy to be there, letting THIS president put the ribbon around their neck.
But, honestly, who is going to turn that down? It's not just a once in a lifetime honor - it marks your entire family tree with honor. Ya gotta accept it, with your fingers crossed behind your back as he puts it on.

Back to the W's WH visit - yeah, I'm with every single one of them on that move. They will get their visit. They just have to wait long enough.

Back to the topic of this thread, it WILL be interesting to see how this new Chief of Staff straightens things out.
I imagine it will go MUCH better now. Like, they are in free fall over there, and one HAS to assume Trump et al can learn how to clean up the awful act that has been their first 6 months.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only took Trump 201 days to make his first overt threat of a preemptive nuclear strike. I do appreciate his use of the word "threatful" however. "Threatening" is just too passe these days so it's nice to see him change it up. Maybe he'll use "threatly" next time.

Quote:

"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen. He has been very threatful - beyond a normal statement - and as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which the world has never seen before," Trump said, referring to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un at an event this afternoon.
GB54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Fire and fury". This belongs in the Game of Thrones thread
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just have to wonder if The Grump has heard the term collateral damage. Can't believe the citizens of South Korea find comfort in his threatful outbursts.


Unit2Sucks;842859329 said:

Only took Trump 201 days to make his first overt threat of a preemptive nuclear strike. I do appreciate his use of the word "threatful" however. "Threatening" is just too passe these days so it's nice to see him change it up. Maybe he'll use "threatly" next time.
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cover story in this week's Economist is Trump & KJU blundering into war. One projected scenario is NK using chemical weapons on Seoul killing 300K and Trump nuking NK.
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearDevil;842859353 said:

One projected scenario is NK using chemical weapons on Seoul killing 300K and Trump nuking NK.


300,000 casualties is actually a very optimistic outcome if it means the end of the Kim regime.
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nuking NK will kill more than 300,000, Seoul Korea has nearly 26 million residents and is a stone's throw (nuclear) from the border. Nuclear fallout from nuking the DMZ to kill the NK troops entrenched there will also kill a lot of Seoul residents. NK troop count is around a million, I imagine you will have to kill at least half of them with nuclear weapons to succeed and once you start with nukes you would have to be crazy and stupid to send in ground troops to mop up. Pretty much an all or nothing situation. First President crazy enough to actually try to win a nuclear war.

Strykur;842859360 said:

300,000 casualties is actually a very optimistic outcome if it means the end of the Kim regime.
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sp4149;842859392 said:

Nuking NK will kill more than 300,000, Seoul Korea has nearly 26 million residents and is a stone's throw (nuclear) from the border. Nuclear fallout from nuking the DMZ to kill the NK troops entrenched there will also kill a lot of Seoul residents. NK troop count is around a million, I imagine you will have to kill at least half of them with nuclear weapons to succeed and once you start with nukes you would have to be crazy and stupid to send in ground troops to mop up. Pretty much an all or nothing situation. First President crazy enough to actually try to win a nuclear war.


I mean if Seoul has only 300,000 casualties out of a population of 10 million in this scenario, that would be amazing. North Korean nuclear stockpile is limited so their response would be minor, we may only have to nuke the DMZ and other strategic targets. DPRK casualties may be massive, but insignificant of course.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842859395 said:

DPRK casualties may be massive, but insignificant of course.


I don't consider them insignificant. NK is a terrible place to live with not a lot of options for its citizens who have been treated very very badly by their leadership. I don't think this would be a simple regime change by any means, but I do put very nearly 100% of the blame for their plight on the Kim family.
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 300,000 casualties was estimated from an attack by NK on Seoul, the Seoul metropolitan area has a population of nearly 26 million and no one is estimating the death toll from nuclear fallout from a massive attack 20 miles away along the DMZ.

Strykur;842859395 said:

I mean if Seoul has only 300,000 casualties out of a population of 10 million in this scenario, that would be amazing. North Korean nuclear stockpile is limited so their response would be minor, we may only have to nuke the DMZ and other strategic targets. DPRK casualties may be massive, but insignificant of course.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks;842859400 said:

I don't consider them insignificant.


bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842859414 said:




General "Buck" Turgidson: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McMaster basically said (in DC speak) that Bannon needs to go. After McMaster fired one of Flynn's/Bannon's flunkies, the Russian 'bots went nuts. Manafort was laundering rubles, Flynn was bought by Turkey, will be interesting to see if they can prove links between Bannon and Russia.
Strykur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read somewhere that Trump thinks Bannon is a leaker? This kind of blows my mind.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strykur;842860702 said:

I read somewhere that Trump thinks Bannon is a leaker? This kind of blows my mind.


Are you genuinely surprised? He's a mole for the Mercers who is there to keep Trump honest. Well "honest" is obviously not the right word but take my words seriously not literally.

I think we'll ultimately find out that all of the leaks were from the white house at the direction of loyalists to Reince, Bannon or Kushner. Perhaps Pence got a few good leaks in too, but I think it's more likely that he's playing the long game and waiting for everyone else to die from friendly fire.
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.