Breaking News

947,139 Views | 11638 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Eastern Oregon Bear
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

If true, it sounds like Schiff would be a perfect fit for the Republican Party.
and yet, he's a Democrat elected by Californians.
If she had an R next to her name you'd vote for AOC
RAOC/?

Fox could put her on as one of their tight sweatered babes, and the male viewers would go nuts - anything she said would be immediately believed, adopted, acted upon.

Thank you.
For validating my point.

concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

Durham Report, Steele Dossier (10th-grade level drivel), Plot Against the President (movie), fake impeachment, etc.
Fake impeachment? Impeachment is a political process that is not reviewable by the court. The only people bringing charges of impeachment and convicting are members of congress.

So, the stupid motion to expel Schiff is a criminal trial?

Plot against the president? LOL. Was that what the Republicans did by investigating Clinton ultimately for infidelity? Perjury? Did you hear Trump's deposition under oath?

This is all political theater. You must know this.

If Republicans are trying to boot Schiff then they've really transformed from a party organized around certain governance ideals to a consortium of donors and media plotting to fool the masses in order to win power. No ideals. Just power, thru lies.
That happened a while ago.

We've seen such power plays before

DiabloWags
movielover said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

If true, it sounds like Schiff would be a perfect fit for the Republican Party.
and yet, he's a Democrat elected by Californians.

It's a UniParty driven by $$$ and power. Trump was the uninvited Outsider.

Trump is the Republicans' Republican in terms of his policies.

When he was elected I was hopeful he might be an independent and battle both sides, but he pretty quickly proved to be nothing but a shill for Republican interests.

What makes you think he is any kind of independent? Because he told you so?

He was independent on some issues, and brought in common sense. So many examples.

Everyone said they would move our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, President Trump did it. He brought troops home (when not undermined). He held peace talks with North Korea. USMCA was a masterful stroke and a great move for Mexico. His policies helped spur new / upgraded steel and aluminum plants, and spurred microchip production in Arizona. His tariffs significantly impacted China (yes, they reduced USA ag buys, so Trump helped American farmers).

No new wars, that's huge. The neocons and Wall Street liberals (a few here) love new wars. Not DJT. He also sent military equipment to Ukraine (BHO sent pillows) and South Korea.

He championed and signed the First Step crime sentencing act, something BHO failed to do. This act was particuly desired by Black leaders. He funded Historically Black Colleges and Universities for 10 years, doing away with the yearly Democrat
come-kiss-the-ring games. And he created Enterprise Zones to help spur jobs in low-income areas. All of these items specifically helped Black and poor communities. Not durprising giving his close relationships with P Diddy, Mike Tyson, Kanye West, and many other leaders. (He won several awards previously from the NAACP.)

He shut down BackPage, the number one female prostitution site, and signed legislation to assist women and children in these communities. He used his leverage and gravitas to bring home prisoners from China, North Korea, and elsewhere without random payments or backdoor payoffs.

He cut tens of thousands of job-killing regulations, regs the UniParty makes $$$ inserting into bills. Very independent.

Another independent act was championing and signing the Right to Try experimental drug act. The UniParty never did this bc there was no lobbyist $$$
behind it.

He also signed an Executive Order to dramatically cut prescription drug prices, which Swamp dwellers (mainly Democrats) blocked. They'll only save Black and Latino grandmothers and grandfatgers if they first get votes for it.

Then he sent military ships, floating hospitals, to help largely Democratic populations during Covid. Democrat governors blocked their use, subjecting more to infection and potential death.

Boy, we miss those days.

More lies.

Trump's Executive Orders on Prescription Drugs - FactCheck.org
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister

Kami Rita Sherpa, 53, reclaimed his world record on Wednesday when he summited Mount Everest for a 27th time, Jeff writes.

The backdrop: Kami Rita, nicknamed "Everest Man," first summited in 1994 and has done so at least once nearly every year since.

Of note: Sherpa are best known for their mountaineering skills, but the word itself does not actually mean "climbing guide." It's the name of their ethnic group (and modern surname), derived from the words for east (shar) and people (pa), which refers to their origins in eastern Tibet.
-Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
How many times has a westerner (or other) died in his team?
DiabloWags
bearister said:

Kami Rita Sherpa, 53, reclaimed his world record on Wednesday when he summited Mount Everest for a 27th time, Jeff writes.

The backdrop: Kami Rita, nicknamed "Everest Man," first summited in 1994 and has done so at least once nearly every year since.

Kami Rita (above) had become (just recently) tied by Pasang Dawa last Sunday when Dawa summited for his 26th time.

Rita is 53 and Dawa is 46.

"His Everest Summits are in 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, twice in 2006, twice in 2007, 2008, 2009, twice in 2010, 2011, 2012, twice in 2013, 2016,2017, twice in 2018 and twice in 2019 and twice in 2022,"

Cal88
The death rate in Everest climb attempts is 1%

Everest success and death rates:

https://www.washington.edu/news/2020/08/26/mount-everest-summit-success-rates-double-death-rate-stays-the-same-over-last-30-years/
concordtom
Dust Devil suddenly forma at home plate and gobbles up a 7 year old catcher mid game, until Ump runs in and grabs him away.

Never seen that one before!

concordtom
Pizza delivery guy rings doorbell, then turns around to see a police chance happening in street behind him, walks towards, kick trips the fleeing criminal into custody.

Never seen that one before!

DiabloWags
Quick thinking.
And he kept the Pizza intact!

BearHunter

Democrats steal luggage.
AunBear89

Republicans groom and rape children.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dimitrig
AunBear89 said:

But it is okay if the children don't complain too loudly.

bearister
Cal88 said:

The death rate in Everest climb attempts is 1%

https://www.washington.edu/news/2020/08/26/mount-everest-summit-success-rates-double-death-rate-stays-the-same-over-last-30-years/

"Ladies and Gentlemen, submitted for your consideration, the disturbing case of one Mr. One Percent, formerly known as Green Boots.

MinotStateBeav

FBI whistleblower testifies under oath that FBI won't allow 11,000+ hours of J6 footage to be released b/c it would expose undercover agents committing crimes inside Capitol, not only was J6 a Fed setup, but now it's confirmed that FBI is also covering its tracks.

Question: If video shows an FBI undercover leading a part of the riot or goading people into the capitol, is that exculpatory to some of the people who may have been arrested and imprisoned?
Unit2Sucks
AunBear89 said:

It's disgusting but it's accepted in the growing handmaid wing of the GOP. There are a lot of disgusting and popular conservatives saying the same thing.

MinotStateBeav
Wait till Okaydo reads the Quran, he'll have some crazy quotes to give us.
MinotStateBeav
ESPN Spikes Michael Chang doc because of Disney.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/espn-just-spiked-a-documentary-that-would-make-china-look-bad

The documentary in question is an ESPN Films 30 for 30 about Michael Chang, who became the youngest man to win a Grand Slam title after winning the French Open at 17 years old. Called American Son, the documentary would cover the experience of Chang's family as immigrants as well as Chang's tournament run. The day after the Tiananmen Square massacre, Chang completed a comeback victory over three-time French Open champion Ivan Lendl en route to his historic championship title.

"The crackdown that happened was on the middle Sunday at the French Open, so if I was not practicing or playing a match, I was glued to the television, watching the events unfold," Chang later said in a 2009 interview. He also said that "what it was really about was an opportunity to bring a smile upon Chinese people's faces around the world when there wasn't a whole lot to smile about. I honestly feel that that was God's purpose for allowing me to be able to get through those matches."

The documentary was supposed to be shown at the Tribeca Festival, but director Jay Caspian Kang announced that ESPN had pulled it, apparently to be run next summer instead. It is a shame because Chang's story is one worth telling and because 30 for 30 is one of the only worthwhile things ESPN produces anymore, but there is a worrying connection here.

ESPN is owned by Disney, which has been cozying back up to China in recent months. Variety asked if Bob Iger, the former Disney CEO who recently took up the role again, was the "hidden hand behind Disney and China's relationship warming?" Two days after Iger returned to Disney, Avatar: The Way of Water landed a release in China. Disney then announced that two recent Marvel releases also landed a Chinese release after Marvel's three-year absence from the Chinese box office.

ESPN hasn't offered a reason for pulling American Son, and the only indication that people will be able to see the documentary next year comes from Kang's tweet. ESPN needs to answer for the delay and guarantee that it will be released sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it looks like yet another shameless act of cowardice taken by Disney to please the Chinese Communist Party.
concordtom
BearHunter said:

Democrats steal luggage.

BearHunter steals our time
- with stupid posts from stupid people we don't want to read.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

AunBear89 said:

But it is okay if the children don't complain too loudly.

Apparently, it is required that you scream.

bearister
BearHunter
Sam Hinton deserves her own thread really but I decided to spare all of us.
concordtom
BearHunter said:

Sam Hinton deserves her own thread really but I decided to spare all of us.

Oh. How nice of you to spare us.
chazzed
Yeah, a BUNCH more lies.
calbear93
MinotStateBeav said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/espn-just-spiked-a-documentary-that-would-make-china-look-bad

The documentary in question is an ESPN Films 30 for 30 about Michael Chang, who became the youngest man to win a Grand Slam title after winning the French Open at 17 years old. Called American Son, the documentary would cover the experience of Chang's family as immigrants as well as Chang's tournament run. The day after the Tiananmen Square massacre, Chang completed a comeback victory over three-time French Open champion Ivan Lendl en route to his historic championship title.

"The crackdown that happened was on the middle Sunday at the French Open, so if I was not practicing or playing a match, I was glued to the television, watching the events unfold," Chang later said in a 2009 interview. He also said that "what it was really about was an opportunity to bring a smile upon Chinese people's faces around the world when there wasn't a whole lot to smile about. I honestly feel that that was God's purpose for allowing me to be able to get through those matches."

The documentary was supposed to be shown at the Tribeca Festival, but director Jay Caspian Kang announced that ESPN had pulled it, apparently to be run next summer instead. It is a shame because Chang's story is one worth telling and because 30 for 30 is one of the only worthwhile things ESPN produces anymore, but there is a worrying connection here.

ESPN is owned by Disney, which has been cozying back up to China in recent months. Variety asked if Bob Iger, the former Disney CEO who recently took up the role again, was the "hidden hand behind Disney and China's relationship warming?" Two days after Iger returned to Disney, Avatar: The Way of Water landed a release in China. Disney then announced that two recent Marvel releases also landed a Chinese release after Marvel's three-year absence from the Chinese box office.

ESPN hasn't offered a reason for pulling American Son, and the only indication that people will be able to see the documentary next year comes from Kang's tweet. ESPN needs to answer for the delay and guarantee that it will be released sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it looks like yet another shameless act of cowardice taken by Disney to please the Chinese Communist Party.

Republican Party needs to back off Disney. This is a fight they cannot win.

Disney, unlike the current Republican Party, is still loved. I love Disney. The current Republican Party is hated even by a fiscal conservative like me. It's not Bud Light that people can easily replace. It's not like the Democratic Party that people also hate. It's DISNEY. Star Wars, Marvel, and ESPN or MGT, DeSantis and Trump…,,.hmmm such a tough choice.
concordtom
I describe myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.
The GOP has proven itself to be full of hot air on fiscal responsibility and a disaster on pretty much ALL social issues!

I presently cannot think of anything I like about the GOP.
Cal88
calbear93 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Disney, unlike the current Republican Party, is still loved. I love Disney. The current Republican Party is hated even by a fiscal conservative like me. It's not Bud Light that people can easily replace. It's not like the Democratic Party that people also hate. It's DISNEY. Star Wars, Marvel, and ESPN or MGT, DeSantis and Trump…,,.hmmm such a tough choice.

That's a false dichotomy. The issue here with Disney et al is that, if you like it, you would want to preserve it, not see it tarnished and used as a tool to promote 2020s woke ideology.
DiabloWags
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

That's a false dichotomy. The issue here with Disney et al is that, if you like it, you would want to preserve it, not see it tarnished and used as a tool to promote 2020s woke ideology.

I think you missed the point. The whole premise behind social warfare is that people want something to hate and be angry about. It is about choosing sides. Did Bud Light become any less or more of a crap beer because they put a picture of a trans influencer on beers sent to the influencer? No. It is about taking a stand and choosing sides and being angry.

Same with Disney. DeSantis know why Disney did what it did. It chose not to take a stand initially but then the employees rebelled. They chose to side with their employees instead of antagonizing them. Do I think Disney as a corporation, especially the Disney World Park division, care that much about the issue? No, I don't. It is about virtue signaling on both sides and DeSantis engaging in a fight he thought he could win because of his position and popularity. As he will find out, Disney has more power and more popularity. They are both going to lose, but DeSantis is the only one who will lose his dream of becoming a president.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

That's awesome.
Sending to cousin in TX.
BearHunter

Defund the Police State.
dimitrig
BearHunter said:

Defund the Police State.

Defund the police and RWNJs complain but they want to defund the FBI.

They are both different sides of the same coin.

calbear93
dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

Defund the Police State.

All Antifa and criminal sympathizers. Trump now wants to do one better than failed bail reform and just release convicted criminals through a revolving door pardon program. If we had it the way Trump, MAGA and Antifa want this country to look, we would be lawless country without a military, intelligence or law enforcement in a world run by foreign autocrats and criminals.
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Here's an example of a cop working with a seditionist - the sort of police state the GOP extremists want.

But more importantly, the GOP is falling all over themselves right now to avoid talking about the successful transition off of Title 42 which the Biden admin recently navigated. Despite spending months claiming that the "crisis" was going to metastasize, I have yet to hear a single GOPer actually acknowledge what's really going on right now.

DiabloWags
In my opinion, SHANE LAMOND needs to be hung at The Eclipse at high noon on a Sunday for all to see.
Another traitor.

First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 333

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.