Breaking News

864,715 Views | 10903 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bearister
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
California....affirmed.

DiabloWags

#3 All-Time in the 400m Hurdles on the Track now.

Britton Wilson .... going for the extremely RARE 400/400 hurdles final.

ESPN2
oski003
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

"Beginning in 2017, first one, and then two, biological male athletes began competing in girls' high school track in Connecticut. In just three years, those two males broke 17 girls' track meet records, deprived girls of more than 85 opportunities to advance to the next level of competition and took 15 girls' state track championship titles."

Sounds like a Title IX issue.
And will most likely head to the Supreme Court.

But let's be honest, the marks out of CT are so slow that I probably could have made the Girls 100m State Final.
The winning time this year was 12.07 and the High Jump was won at 5-04

Aside from Tess Sherry who ran 4:48/10:47 no one from that Girls State Championship is going D-1.

CALIFORNIA BLOWS THOSE MARKS AWAY.

Have you thought about filing an amicus brief in the lawsuit? Better yet, you should transition to a high school girl and actually beat their marks!
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

ESPN2

Why do so many track and field athletes wear jewelry?

Seems like it would slow them down, tangle them up, etc

DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

DiabloWags said:

ESPN2

In high school, wearing jewelry is a DQ.
In college, it's about your own style and is allowed.
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

DiabloWags said:

ESPN2

In high school, wearing jewelry is a DQ.
In college, it's about your own style and is allowed.

Okay, but why would you?

It seems like it would only slow you down or get in the way.

DiabloWags
20 feet 4.50 inches.

Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

20 feet 4.50 inches.

That's a mind boggling height to be clearing! Amazing!
movielover
DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

DiabloWags said:

20 feet 4.50 inches.

That's a mind boggling height to be clearing! Amazing!

Yup.
Been following his career for awhile.

You should see his training videos on You Tube with his Dad from high school in Louisiana. Competes for his Mom's home country of Sweden. Named after the all-weather track surface ...MONDO.

One of the greatest athletes of our time.

Goldener Bar
An entire police department is being investigate for sexual misconduct

DiabloWags
Closer to home . . . guess you havent heard of Antioch, Ca.

Case dismissed against men accused of burning Antioch woman's body; DA cites police racist text scandal - CBS San Francisco (cbsnews.com)

Antioch police, mired in racist text scandal, target of state investigation - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

A police department filled with WHITE SUPREMACISTS.
I heard they all voted for a guy named Chump.

California AG Rob Bonta now investigating.

Goldener Bar
Cal88
calbear93
Goldener Bar said:

Why do you hate competition and efficiency?

Would you rather tech millionaires create unions and demand non-competitive, even-more inflated wages?

If smart immigrants are coming to do a better job for more efficient pay on their path to becoming US citizens and raising the standard of living for America, why is this not better than protecting less efficient employees (who may or may not have also been immigrants previously)?

I am all for broad legal immigrations that will raise the IQ and talent level of our country. We desperately need more smarts in this country.
movielover
calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

Would you rather tech millionaires create unions and demand non-competitive, even-more inflated wages?

If smart immigrants are coming to do a better job for more efficient pay on their path to becoming US citizens and raising the standard of living for America, why is this not better than protecting less efficient employees (who may or may not have also been immigrants previously)?

I am all for broad legal immigrations that will raise the IQ and talent level of our country. We desperately need more smarts in this country.

They're not smarter. It's defacto age discrimination - cheaper wages, and cheaper health care.
dimitrig
calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

If we need more smarts we should be cultivating it here instead of importing cheap labor to hurt the livelihoods of Americans.

Soon it will be AI taking our jobs and then what? A lot of discontent is what.

calbear93
dimitrig said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

If we need more smarts we should be cultivating it here instead of importing cheap labor to hurt the livelihoods of Americans.
Soon it will be AI taking our jobs and then what? A lot of discontent is what.

You think we have not raised our education level and smarts because we didn't want to? You don't think immigration has been a boon to our economic growth in the past?

I am a strong believer in legal immigrations and our history of what talented immigrants have brought to our quality of life.
calbear93
movielover said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

They're not smarter. It's defacto age discrimination - cheaper wages, and cheaper health care.
Age discrimination?

In this global economy, if their extended history have not added value to their level of contribution, why should private organization have to supplement the employee's income beyond the value they add? How is it fair to the younger generation that their unemployment rate remains high despite their talent because we want to pay more for longer tenured employees who add less efficiency? What are we, France?

I honestly think experience and wisdom that comes from experience is worth it, but if not, we should not artificially exclude younger folks from employment to protect more expensive and less efficient older employees.

And younger employees are not getting paid less. Most of the highest paying jobs in the tech industry (which is the highest paying industry) are populated by younger folks.
movielover
BearHunter
Meanwhile, many are moving from NY to her home state of Florida where the KKK grand wizard resides.
movielover
calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

Age discrimination?

In this global economy, if their extended history have not added value to their level of contribution, why should private organization have to supplement the employee's income beyond the value they add? How is it fair to the younger generation that their unemployment rate remains high despite their talent because we want to pay more for longer tenured employees who add less efficiency? What are we, France?

I honestly think experience and wisdom that comes from experience is worth it, but if not, we should not artificially exclude younger folks from employment to protect more expensive and less efficient older employees.

And younger employees are not getting paid less. Most of the highest paying jobs in the tech industry (which is the highest paying industry) are populated by younger folks.

Big word salad. Dr. Norman Matloff at UC Davis has written extensively on the topic and is an acknowledged expert. He asserts it is clear age discrimination. I know of a QA professional who had to conduct a taped "knowledge transfer" to the two (2) QA staff who would replace him, at half the salary.

"pay more for longer tenured employees who add less efficiency?" - source please.

"What are we, France?" - non sequiter.

Those that are "artificially exclude[d]" are often older workers who can't even get by HR for an interview. Or stupid criteria like knowing Python, which an experienced developer can quickly pick up, plus his / her decades of experience.

I guess younger workers are also more likely to do drugs and experiment with the swinging lifestyle which some Silicon Valley execs imbibe.

calbear93
movielover said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

Age discrimination?

Big word salad. Dr. Norman Matloff at UC Davis has written extensively on the topic and is an acknowledged expert. He asserts it is clear age discrimination. I know of a QA professional who had to conduct a taped "knowledge transfer" to the two (2) QA staff who would replace him, at half the salary.

"pay more for longer tenured employees who add less efficiency?" - source please.

Those that are "artificially exclude[d]" are often older workers who can't even get by HR for an interview. Or stupid criteria like knowing Python, which an experienced developer can quickly pick up, plus his / her decades of experience.

I guess younger workers are also more likely to do drugs and experiment with the swinging lifestyle which some Silicon Valley execs imbibe.

So, companies are so inefficient that they are firing more efficient senior employees who add more value than younger employees who are on a per dollar basis less efficient? Is that the crux of your argument if we went beyond your word salad? And companies that fire more efficient senior employees will not lose competitive positioning? Is that your take?

Wow, I am sure that board of directors are dying to hire you as the CHROs since you clearly know the better way for companies to compete.

Tired of big government, anti-capitalism, union-loving, economic nationalist, anti-immigration MAGAs who are no different from the 80's Bernie Sanders. You are no conservative.

"I guess younger workers are also more likely to do drugs and experiment with the swinging lifestyle which some Silicon Valley execs imbibe." That definitely was not a "non sequitur".
dimitrig
movielover said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

Age discrimination?

I agree with movielover for once.

We as a society should not churn and burn employees like they are commodities. People work hard and make big contributions for low salaries when young with the expectations that they will be rewarded later after they slow down as they age. That's normal. I don't have the energy to stay up all night reading literature or playing with new tech like I did when I was 25 and even if I did my family and other life responsibilities that I have acquired over time would make it difficult.

Are some older, expensive employees coasting or past their peak productivity? Yes, they are. However, I would say they have earned that with all the contributions they made over their careers.

I am not saying to keep deadweight around, but you might find out how it ruins the morale and motivation of younger employees if they see older ones treated poorly or replaced as everyone knows what the future has in store.

Bringing in a constant stream of young people who are working harder than they should because they are desperate to come here takes advantage of them as well.

This is an area where pure capitalism needs to be restrained or else there will be societal problems.

calbear93
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

Goldener Bar said:

Age discrimination?

I agree with movielover for once.

We as a society should not churn and burn employees like they are commodities. People work hard and make big contributions for low salaries when young with the expectations that they will be rewarded later after they slow down as they age. That's normal. I don't have the energy to stay up all night reading literature or playing with new tech like I did when I was 25 and even if I did my family and other life responsibilities that I have acquired over time would make it difficult.

Are some older, expensive employees coasting or past their peak productivity? Yes, they are. However, I would say they have earned that with all the contributions they made over their careers.

I am not saying to keep deadweight around, but you might find out how it ruins the morale and motivation of younger employees if they see older ones treated poorly or replaced as everyone knows what the future has in store.

Bringing in a constant stream of young people who are working harder than they should because they are desperate to come here takes advantage of them as well.

This is an area where pure capitalism needs to be restrained or else there will be societal problems.

I don't think employee engagement surveys bear out your guesses.

One of the most disengaging characteristics in those surveys is seeing other employees who are being rewarded for less contribution.

And who is it for you to decide that corporation should pay for your belief that employees, after having put in a number of years, are entitled to be compensated for coasting in their later parts of their career? What are you doing to pay for that belief or is it that everyone else needs to lose our competitive position against the likes of China and India so that we can be more generous to coasting employees while harming younger employees who are being blocked from employment and with our products more expensive and less value-add than those from China and India?
movielover
Huge. Does he survive the summer?

movielover
Biden modestly strong with one group... Liberal Athiests. Another reason they had to indict him.

movielover
movielover
Prayers for John Amos.

movielover
Word games by DC Democrats. And dirty archivist. Two personal letters to President Trump aren't classified documents worthy of note! "Lawfare".

movielover
Transgender biker leader of the Deviants - wants new trial over triple murder. Haircut also involved?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/06/12/transgender-activist-wants-a-new-trial-in-oakland-triple-murder-it-all-comes-down-to-biker-gangs-judicial-rulings-and-a-haircut/?utm_email=440D04DF4526A49954C5443CC4&g2i_eui=&g2i_source=newsletter&lctg=440D04DF4526A49954C5443CC4&active=no&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.mercurynews.com%2f2023%2f06%2f12%2ftransgender-activist-wants-a-new-trial-in-oakland-triple-murder-it-all-comes-down-to-biker-gangs-judicial-rulings-and-a-haircut%2f&utm_campaign=bang-mult-nl-pm-report-nl&utm_content=curated
movielover
New song; Kari Lake seems to be positioning for VP slot.

DiabloWags
7 straight posts.
Another exciting night for the Trump Crowd.
Big C
movielover said:

Biden modestly strong with one group... Liberal Athiests. Another reason they had to indict him.

Biden might not be the "popular" President (pretty hard with today's divisions), but he is the decent, competent President. No way in heck he loses to a clown like Trump in 2024, unless he totally starts to go to mush like Feinstein. Trump's support is ever-so-slowly eroding.
Goldener Bar
Big C said:

movielover said:

Biden might not be the "popular" President (pretty hard with today's divisions), but he is the decent, competent President.
What's decent or competent about him?
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.