Breaking News

864,754 Views | 10903 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bearister
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

I welcome feedback from people in the actual know about the handling of these tax charges. Is this common? Is the penalty normal?

The gun thing...I have always believed one way you start decreasing gun crimes is to enforce the laws already on the books. I don't consider it a small thing to lie on the form. My personal belief is that should be punished pretty severely, regardless of the person's last name.

It is really hard to look at this and not feel there really are two tiers of justice with our so called Justice Department. Our institutions needs fundamental and wholesale change.
I have been a big proponent of enforcing the law against Trump and more gun control. However, what the DOJ just did with the Bidens makes a mockery of all that bluster about more gun laws and the principle that no one is above the law. Need to get rid of both the corrupt Biden and the corrupt Trump. Cannot rationalize voting for Biden in 2024 just like I cannot rationalize voting for Trump.
Not to get the thread too sideways but I agree with the bolded part. I am feeling more and more like I did when it appeared 2016 was going to be Clinton vs. Bush...really, in a nation of 330M people this is the best we can do? I'm out.

Wow.
That's dumb.

Let me pose it to you this way:
If it comes down to Biden vs Trump, you're telling me that you don't have a preference? Because if you do and then don't vote, you might as well be voting for your non-preference.
bearister
Titanic diver fears missing OceanGate sub imploded underwater

https://mol.im/a/12214387

OceanGate fired director who raised safety concerns over missing sub

https://mol.im/a/12215003
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
tequila4kapp said:

The gun thing...I have always believed one way you start decreasing gun crimes is to enforce the laws already on the books. I don't consider it a small thing to lie on the form. My personal belief is that should be punished pretty severely, regardless of the person's last name.

Prosecutors generally forgo pursuit of a charge if defendants submit to other training or treatment programs.

The U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David Weiss has agreed to recommend a sentence of probation as part of the plea agreement. A judge will ultimately decide the sentence.

And in case you didnt know, David Weiss was appointed by . . . wait for it .... wait for it..... Donald Trump.
movielover

(I don't follow Andrew Tate.)

So with the case settled, the evidence and case file should be available... but the DOJ then claims "ongoing investigation" to continue the cover up.

calbear93
concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

I welcome feedback from people in the actual know about the handling of these tax charges. Is this common? Is the penalty normal?

It is really hard to look at this and not feel there really are two tiers of justice with our so called Justice Department. Our institutions needs fundamental and wholesale change.
I have been a big proponent of enforcing the law against Trump and more gun control. However, what the DOJ just did with the Bidens makes a mockery of all that bluster about more gun laws and the principle that no one is above the law. Need to get rid of both the corrupt Biden and the corrupt Trump. Cannot rationalize voting for Biden in 2024 just like I cannot rationalize voting for Trump.
Not to get the thread too sideways but I agree with the bolded part. I am feeling more and more like I did when it appeared 2016 was going to be Clinton vs. Bush...really, in a nation of 330M people this is the best we can do? I'm out.

Wow.
That's dumb.

Let me pose it to you this way:
If it comes down to Biden vs Trump, you're telling me that you don't have a preference? Because if you do and then don't vote, you might as well be voting for your non-preference.

You must not be familiar with electoral college. Living in the West Coast, voting for Biden was just a vote of disapproval for Trump and a statement that republicans need to do better for the country. CA was not going to swing to a red state status anytime soon. But I cannot vote for any openly corrupt president who doesn't even have all his marbles. If the democrats are saying they will expect everyone to vote for any sack of sh*t they put up who is not trump even if that sack of sh*t excuses corruption by saying he loves his son as if no other father loves his son, I will not participate. Democrats need to do better instead of preaching about gun laws they will not enforce against anyone who is not otherwise poor or disenfranchised and excusing corruption and putting up Biden who excuses Hunter. No thanks.
DiabloWags

U.S. Attorney David Weiss was appointed by DONALD TRUMP.

Trump only hires the BEST PEOPLE!

Lmfao.

calbear93
DiabloWags said:

tequila4kapp said:

Prosecutors generally forgo pursuit of a charge if defendants submit to other training or treatment programs.

The U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David Weiss has agreed to recommend a sentence of probation as part of the plea agreement. A judge will ultimately decide the sentence.

And in case you didnt know, David Weiss was appointed by . . . wait for it .... wait for it..... Donald Trump.

So all the poor and disenfranchised folks going to jail for gun possession violations chose jail over treatment? ok. That will reduce gun violence, and it had nothing to do with whose son Hunter is just like all those foreign corporations were hiring Hunter for his expertise and lobbyists were buying his art for the beauty of the paintings.

People actually should have the ability to think outside of Trump vs not Trump. There is a whole world of right and wrong beyond, before and after Trump.
DiabloWags
If you have a problem with my first sentence, take it up with the U.S. Attorney David Weiss who was appointed by Trump and quoted in the WSJ today.

Perhaps you might want to read Weiss' letter to better inform yourself.

And as I posted above, a judge will ultimately issue the sentence.

gov.uscourts.ded.82797.1.0_3.pdf (courtlistener.com)

calbear93
DiabloWags said:

If you have a problem with my first sentence, take it up with the U.S. Attorney David Weiss who was appointed by Trump and quoted in the WSJ today.

I have a problem with a justice system that treats the rich and powerful as above the law and uses the law as a means to control those who are disenfranchised. My justification for Trump having to go to jail is that the law should apply equally even to a former president. Not much I can argue when we just throw up our hands and say Hunter should get off because the system chose not to apply the law against the son of someone powerful. And this will really sway voters and legislators when Biden celebrates non prosecution of gun possession violation by his son but then promotes how we need more gun laws that will not be applied equally.
DiabloWags
Weiss was appointed by Donald Trump.

At the time of his nomination by Trump, Weiss was 1 of 9 candidates who Trump said shared his "vision"
for "Making America Safe Again".

I dont pretend to be a prosecutor.
But given all of the above and David Weiss' background, I think that it's fairly safe to assume that Pretrial Diversion Agreements are the norm when it comes to firearm issues with a drug user.

Who is David Weiss, the US attorney overseeing Hunter Biden criminal probe? (yahoo.com)

calbear93
DiabloWags said:

Weiss was appointed by Donald Trump.

At the time of his nomination by Trump, Weiss was 1 of 9 candidates who Trump said shared his "vision"
for "Making America Safe Again".

I don't care. I don't think along the lines of Trump vs non-Trump. I despise Trump. But I am also growing to despise Biden. Saying a weak ass prosecutor was appointed by Trump means nothing to me. Trump is an idiot and corrupt and it does not surprise me. But so is Biden.
DiabloWags
DiabloWags said:

I dont pretend to be a prosecutor.
But given all of the above and David Weiss' background, I think that it's fairly safe to assume that Pretrial Diversion Agreements are the norm when it comes to firearm issues with a drug user.

Who is David Weiss, the US attorney overseeing Hunter Biden criminal probe? (yahoo.com)

Are you claiming to have Prosecutorial experience in this kind of criminal law?
I sure am not making that claim.

How sure are you that the "norm" was not simply being applied to Hunter Biden in the form of a Pretrial Diversion Agreement?

I'm not here to argue how corrupt either Trump or Biden is.
What is at issue is whether or not a Pretrial Diversion Agreement in this case is the "norm".

dimitrig

Why do people hate Hillary Clinton?

I suspect it is because she's a strong woman and people fear strong women.

If you classify her with a jackass game show host like Trump you probably shouldn't be voting. Our country would be so much better off today if a few more people would have voted for her and Trump went back to his game show.

tequila4kapp
dimitrig said:

If you classify her with a jackass game show host like Trump you probably shouldn't be voting. Our country would be so much better off today if a few more people would have voted for her and Trump went back to his game show.
Yeah, you nailed it. HRC is perfect. She is warm and friendly and everyone should love her. The ONLY reason anyone could even feign disdain in her general direction is misogyny, especially toward "strong" women. Jesus, what a stupid take, even by stupid OT standards.
concordtom
calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

I have a problem with a justice system that treats the rich and powerful as above the law and uses the law as a means to control those who are disenfranchised. My justification for Trump having to go to jail is that the law should apply equally even to a former president. Not much I can argue when we just throw up our hands and say Hunter should get off because the system chose not to apply the law against the son of someone powerful. And this will really sway voters and legislators when Biden celebrates non prosecution of gun possession violation by his son but then promotes how we need more gun laws that will not be applied equally.
I am glad to hear you say that you think Trump should go to jail.

But you are suggesting that Hunter should for his crime? Well, what is the normal sentencing guidelines for his crime? What actually was his crime? That he lied when purchasing the gun when he checked the box saying he was not using drugs?
Are you telling me that that is normally prosecuted with a jail sentence? Because, I don't believe that.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

good question, and I agree with your concluding sentence.
calbear93
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

But you are suggesting that Hunter should for his crime? Well, what is the normal sentencing guidelines for his crime? What actually was his crime? That he lied when purchasing the gun when he checked the box saying he was not using drugs?
Are you telling me that that is normally prosecuted with a jail sentence? Because, I don't believe that.
Because anyone not otherwise blinded by tribalism understands how often folks in inner cities are arrested for illegal gun possession, often resulting in jail time or at least a felony criminal record. Isn't that the whole point of gun control laws - for it to have some real teeth?

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2023/03/23/gun-violence-possession-police-chicago

So, how is someone on recording doing drugs, hiring prostitutes, and enabling human trafficking in Russia justified to not be prosecuted when so many poor black folks are going to jail with gun possession as the most serious charge?

Standard practice....sure.
movielover
concordtom said:

dimitrig said:

good question, and I agree with your concluding sentence.

This is all camouflage for multiple felonies on the laptop from hell, and between $10 - $30 million in foreign cash infusion from Ukraine and China for the no-talent Biden family.
DiabloWags
Sure sounds like you got it ALL figured out.
Maybe Trump should have appointed you for the U.S. Attorney in Delaware instead of David Weiss.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

Yup, that's what he's telling you.
Never mind the Pretrial Diversion Agreement recommended by Trump appointee, David Weiss.
The guy that Trump appointed to MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN.

concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

Because anyone not otherwise blinded by tribalism understands how often folks in inner cities are arrested for illegal gun possession, often resulting in jail time or at least a felony criminal record. Isn't that the whole point of gun control laws - for it to have some real teeth?

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2023/03/23/gun-violence-possession-police-chicago

So, how is someone on recording doing drugs, hiring prostitutes, and enabling human trafficking in Russia justified to not be prosecuted when so many poor black folks are going to jail with gun possession as the most serious charge?

Human trafficking in Russia?
I didn't hear anything about that today.
Prostitution is also not part of today's guilty plea.
You must be combining alt-news with what we are discussing.

I'm not up on ANY gun control prosecutions, inner city or otherwise. You don't seem to know either.

We can agree, however, that the law is never equally applied when it comes to rich vs poor, white vs black.

Yo, what he's plead guilty to is not checking the box, as I said, right?
You avoided my question and went on a rant. Please focus. Thanks.
concordtom
Funny, I don't hear any democrats going on a bender about how unfair it is that Hunter is being held to account.
I mean, the president's son, you'd think he could pull some strings, right?
Instead, the issue will go away.

Meanwhile, Trumpists are burying themselves with accusations.

It's a joke.

Hillary, Hunter…. Who's next?
Y'all need a new boogeyman.
calbear93
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

I'm not up on ANY gun control prosecutions, inner city or otherwise. You don't seem to know either.

We can agree, however, that the law is never equally applied when it comes to rich vs poor, white vs black.

You clearly don't understand this. I posted a link showing evidence of how many inner city black youth are arrested and jailed for gun possession without priors. Then you have someone doing illegal drugs, engaging in prostitution and negotiating services for an illegal human trafficking Russian prostitution ring and he gets free pass for gun possession. You are choosing to act as if all this is normal. If he gets a pass for being white and rich then so should Trump. My view is the law should apply for all.

Why don't you focus and actually read what I posted instead of asking the same question when it has already been answered?
concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

You clearly don't understand this. I posted a link showing evidence of how many inner city black youth are arrested and jailed for gun violence without priors. Then you have someone doing illegal drugs, engaging in prostitution and negotiating services for an illegal human trafficking Russian prostitution ring and he gets free pass for gun possession. You are choosing to act as if all this is normal. If he gets a pass for being white and rich then so should Trump. My view is the law should apply for all.

Why don't you focus and actually read what I posted instead of asking the same question when it has already been answered?
again with the prostitution thing?
concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

You clearly don't understand this. I posted a link showing evidence of how many inner city black youth are arrested and jailed for gun possession without priors. Then you have someone doing illegal drugs, engaging in prostitution and negotiating services for an illegal human trafficking Russian prostitution ring and he gets free pass for gun possession. You are choosing to act as if all this is normal. If he gets a pass for being white and rich then so should Trump. My view is the law should apply for all.

I don't need to read your long story link in order to agree with you in saying that not all crimes are penalized equally. I already stated that.

I also am not going to equate Hunter lying about drug use at time of gun purchase and the entire Trump classified documents chase. Give me a break. That's crazy of you to suggest that because of one guy's case, another guy's should be handled a particular way. The cases are quite different!
concordtom
If you want to get into prostitution /women comparisons with Hunter and Trump, pffft! Trump is far more guilty in this area of life.

If you want to get into comparisons about cheating on taxes, Trump is far more guilty in this comparison of life.

I'm shocked you are trying to equate the two.
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

Yeah, you nailed it. HRC is perfect. She is warm and friendly and everyone should love her. The ONLY reason anyone could even feign disdain in her general direction is misogyny, especially toward "strong" women. Jesus, what a stupid take, even by stupid OT standards.

Why don't you answer the question?

I don't want a warm and friendly President.

If Hillary was a man she would have won.

BearHunter
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

Why don't you answer the question?

I don't want a warm and friendly President.

If Hillary was a man she would have won.

Hillary can still be a man.

Warm and friendly? No.
DiabloWags
tequila4kapp said:

Yeah, you nailed it. HRC is perfect. She is warm and friendly and everyone should love her.

You're talking about Trump right?

Warm and friendly? Never plays the blame game. Never is mean to anyone via Twitter?
Never throws any of his own appointee's under the Bus, right?
Trump is full of RESPECT, right?
Warm and Friendly?

Bill Barr (Gutless Pig),
John Bolton (Moron)
John Kelly (very small brain),
Mick Mulvaney (Born Loser),
Mark Esper (weak and a lightweight)
James Mattis (world's most overrated General),
Rex Tillerson (Dumb as a Rock)
Kayleigh McEnany (Milktoast) ???

My God, what planet do you live on???
concordtom
I bet Hillary was really hopeful for her own life's destiny and legacy had she been President.
I bet Hillary was really hopeful for things she could have accomplished for the country as President.
It must have been very depressing to have lost.

But I also bet that, having witnessed the insane reality of the subsequent course of events, she has found comfort. Like, sometimes there simply some things that one can't figure out.

Like Draymond punching out Poole.
Like an asteroid hitting earth and wiping out the dinosaurs.
Like a bunch of Deplorables deciding to go on a wild goose chase with a madman (I meant Trump, not Hitler, but yeah - him, too!), sometimes it's just Dumb Fugging Luck.

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

tequila4kapp said:

Yeah, you nailed it. HRC is perfect. She is warm and friendly and everyone should love her.

You're talking about Trump right?

Warm and friendly? Never plays the blame game. Never is mean to anyone via Twitter?
Never throws any of his own appointee's under the Bus like Bill Barr, John Kelly, Mick Mulvaney, Rex Tillerson or Kayleigh McEnany?

My God, what planet do you live on???

It's not a planet. More like a village.
Cretinville, remember??
Kabuki theater.

I think this image was a better choice than the one looking at the stage. We in the audience are the show.
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

Lmfao.
The swamp protects itself.

1. Merrick Garland picked Robert Hur.

2. Robert Hur was the longtime protg of Chris Wray.

3. Chris Wray was the longtime protg of Rod Rosenstein, Obama's only 8-year Bush 43 U.S. Attorney holdover.

4. Robert Hur became the protg of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, who managed Mueller probe against President Trump.

5. Chris Wray was also the longtime protg of James Comey, who Wray replaced as FBI Director when President Trump fired Comey.

6. Bill Barr, who clearly hates Trump, picked Durham and Weiss.

7. Chris Christie recommended Bill Barr to Trump.

8. Merrick Garland controls both Special Counsel investigations:

a. Jack Smith (Trump's lawful possession of his presidential records)

b. Rob Hur (Biden's unlawful possession of stolen classified records from Obama and Senate)

DiabloWags
Delusional.

Bill Barr was appointed by Trump.
Christopher Wray was appointed by Trump.
Just like U.S. Delaware Attorney David Weiss was appointed by Trump.
Chris Christie was appointed by Trump as part of Trump's transition team.

I could go on and on but it's not worth my time.
You're narrative about The Swamp has been repeatedly proven to be FALSE

Trump hires the BEST people!

concordtom
Try to expand your list of people he's insulted.
5 points for those he hired.
1 point for anyone else.

Try to score 100 points out of a possible 1000.

It could be a group collective.
The cretins game.
concordtom
BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

Lmfao.
The swamp protects itself.

1. Merrick Garland picked Robert Hur.

2. Robert Hur was the longtime protg of Chris Wray.

3. Chris Wray was the longtime protg of Rod Rosenstein, Obama's only 8-year Bush 43 U.S. Attorney holdover.

4. Robert Hur became the protg of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, who managed Mueller probe against President Trump.

5. Chris Wray was also the longtime protg of James Comey, who Wray replaced as FBI Director when President Trump fired Comey.

6. Bill Barr, who clearly hates Trump, picked Durham and Weiss.

7. Chris Christie recommended Bill Barr to Trump.

8. Merrick Garland controls both Special Counsel investigations:

a. Jack Smith (Trump's lawful possession of his presidential records)

b. Rob Hur (Biden's unlawful possession of stolen classified records from Obama and Senate)

Good going.
I bet you could get a job from movielover, and then you can bring bearhunter into the fold.

Then all 3 of you can drive to DC and join a riot on the Capitol Steps. And all 3 of you can hang out together in a single person jail cell.

Wait, maybe that's it! Maybe that's where you are posting from!

How's the food there?
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.