Breaking News

864,709 Views | 10903 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bearister
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when Republicans claimed to be free speech warriors? LOL.
movielover
And now we have proof "the Big Guy" was sitting next to Hunter, threatening China (quite creatively) to firk over the $5 million (portion of a?) bribe; photos of Hunter in Dad's corvette from that same day; and $5 million arrives a day or two later.

Now China is putting monitoring equipment on Cuba, and Joe Biden says nothing!

P.S. Yesterday President Trump said if he is re-elrcted, he will demand China remove military-related equipment in 48 hours, or he will put punishing tariffs on them.

SFCityBear
movielover said:

And now we have proof "the Big Guy" was sitting next to Hunter, threatening China (quite creatively) to firk over the $5 million (portion of a?) bribe; photos of Hunter in Dad's corvette from that same day; and $5 million arrives a day or two later.

P.S. Yesterday President Trump said if he is re-elrcted, he will demand China remove military-related equipment in 48 hours, or he will put punishing tariffs on them.

The only thing here I would take any issue with is the one about China putting monitoring stations in Cuba while Biden says nothing. All seems to be true, of course, but there may be negotiations going on between us and China and Cuba, or with our allies to try and bring some pressure on either or both. In that case, it is often wise diplomacy to say nothing to reveal too soon what is being discussed. The press on all sides of any issue is always on the lookout for one thing: finding an incident or a statement which they can manipulate and sensationalize into a crisis. Instilling fear in populations is one important way in which they make their money. How Biden, Blinken and their brain trust handle this is crucial to world peace. I have precious little faith in either one of them, given the track record so far, and I sure don't want to see them under the microscope of the press during this process. We do not want another Cuban Missile Crisis, do we? That one came oh so close to landing us in WWIII and nuclear war. We need Biden to shut up, don't talk, but listen to advisers and make the best plan for going forward, and do it behind closed doors, for goodness sake.
SFCityBear
Big C
blungld said:

Hey, how about this board becomes Twitter free?

I know it's easier to not form your own opinion, formulate it, and then articulate it when you can just repost, but that is what Twitter is for. There on Twitter you can like or retweet, but this a Cal message board. Not Twitter. We are intelligent people capable of writing. Right?

These threads become unreadable with posters who like to take the short cut and smell their own furts. It's like the ahole driving with windows down blasting their obnoxious music. Small little ego needing everyone to know their media and looking for a confrontation. It's not sharing or an act of exchange/communication. It's confrontation. And worse, it's so unoriginal.

I largely agree. BI, to me, is like Cal fans sitting around a table at Northside La Vals, drinking a few pitchers and shooting the breeze. When I used to do that, I never once asked somebody for a bunch of supporting evidence. They make their case, in their own words. Their points have credibility, or they don't.

People citing "proof" to back up their opinions -- from sources I've never heard of -- add little. If it's something funny, fine, but keep it limited. Be funny yourself... be poignant yourself... state a good idea yourself... or don't.
movielover
SFCityBear said:

movielover said:

The only thing here I would take any issue with is the one about China putting monitoring stations in Cuba while Biden says nothing. All seems to be true, of course, but there may be negotiations going on between us and China and Cuba, or with our allies to try and bring some pressure on either or both. In that case, it is often wise diplomacy to say nothing to reveal too soon what is being discussed. The press on all sides of any issue is always on the lookout for one thing: finding an incident or a statement which they can manipulate and sensationalize into a crisis. Instilling fear in populations is one important way in which they make their money. How Biden, Blinken and their brain trust handle this is crucial to world peace. I have precious little faith in either one of them, given the track record so far, and I sure don't want to see them under the microscope of the press during this process. We do not want another Cuban Missile Crisis, do we? That one came oh so close to landing us in WWIII and nuclear war. We need Biden to shut up, don't talk, but listen to advisers and make the best plan for going forward, and do it behind closed doors, for goodness sake.

Great points.

Unfortunately, Blinken (whose black hand played a role in Afghanistan) was just in China trying to "repair" relations, and the next day, Biden calls PM Xi a "dictator" at a closed-door fundraiser.

AP: "Biden said his blunt statements regarding China are "just not something I'm going to change very much." "

Guardian: "On Wednesday China's foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said that Biden's "extremely absurd" comments "seriously violated China's political dignity" and amounted to "political provocation"...."

"...A spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Washington said: "The smear of China's top leader by the US side seriously contradicts basic facts, breaches diplomatic etiquette, infringes on China's political dignity, runs counter to the commitments made by the US side, and undermines mutual trust.

"We urge the US side to immediately take earnest actions to undo the negative impact and honour its own commitments. Otherwise, it will have to bear all the consequences." "
MinotStateBeav

He's right, how this isn't a bigger story than it is, is crazy to me too.
movielover
The EU and Canada have gone off the rails.

Canada is also expanding 'assisted suicide'.
movielover
Notice how just a few trans athletes, typically MTF, can have such a dramatic effect on a sport (and lives).

dajo9
movielover said:

Assisted suicide is a huge moral imperative. I don't know how anyone who has been around the suffering of an elderly loved one can be opposed to it. I have 2 relatives who have committed suicide in their senior days. It pains me they had to do that alone and without help. If I am suffering I hope I have the courage to do the same.
American Vermin
OdontoBear66
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Assisted suicide is a huge moral imperative. I don't know how anyone who has been around the suffering of an elderly loved one can be opposed to it. I have 2 relatives who have committed suicide in their senior days. It pains me they had to do that alone and without help. If I am suffering I hope I have the courage to do the same.
Absolutely agree dajo. We treat our animals with much more sense than we do each other with archaic notions of valor at the end.
bearister
I don't judge anyone or question their right to do that and, likewise, don't judge people that go out like soldiers like my parents did at 88 and 96.

*I have been around enough old people dying to realize that attending doctors often put a little booster in that morphine drip in the closing minutes.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
You both are commenting without context. MAID state-assisted suicides have exploded in Cananda in just 7 years, and not just for those with terminal illnesses. Assisted suicides now over 3% of their yearly deaths, and only 4% of requests are rejected. The Bazi's had a similar path with first hygiene, then the mentally ill, then handicapped.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/06/canada-legalized-medical-assisted-suicide-euthanasia-death-maid/673790/
Cal88
The false image people have of assisted suicide is of people who are in great pain and are kept alive against their will. In fact people in this situation usually receive palliative care and can ride into their sunset.

The reality is, most of these people on the assisted suicide pipeline are isolated elderly residents in public assisted living settings, disposable people. It happens a lot in Canada, UK, France etc where a larger share of the elderly end their lives alone in public assisted living homes.
Cal88
On the lighter side - and in a slow period for sports, Belgian shotputter has to run a 110m hurdle race to replace an injured teammate in the European team athletics championship:

movielover
Lighter note #2: the excellent The B1M channel covers large construction projects all over the world.

This segment covers Frances new $45 Billion Paris underground rail expansion, which will double the size of their Metro by 2030.

Too bad our gargantuan "infrastructure bills" are 90% social, education, vanity and other spending. This is why President Trump was saying other countries put us to shame.

DiabloWags
movielover said:

Notice how just a few trans athletes, typically MTF, can have such a dramatic effect on a sport (and lives).

Notice how there isnt a single media source that substantiates your claim.
Just some woman (Diane Murphy) making stuff up on Twitter.
Looks like FAKE NEWS.

You're terribly gullible.
Most Trumpanzees are.
Big C
^^^ Yeah, the right has been pushing hard for investing in public transportation in the US since forever!

Wait, what?!?
OdontoBear66
bearister said:

I don't judge anyone or question their right to do that and, likewise, don't judge people that go out like soldiers like my parents did at 88 and 96.

*I have been around enough old people dying to realize that attending doctors often put a little booster in that morphine drip in the closing minutes.
As a retired health care worker it unnerves me on behalf of the medical profession, a bit, to know that you as a "bearister" know that about doctors.
movielover
"often"
DiabloWags

Cal88
Aussie rules trans footballer Hannah Mounce:

MinotStateBeav

Is this going too far? New Yorkers, please tell us how you're coping with this news.
Ray Willsey
blungld said:

As I expected, a lazy repost response. I asked for a quote. From Schiff directly where he lies intentionally and with criminal intent worthy of censure. No tweets or reposts or conspiracy diatribes. A quote. A fact. Not an opinion.
Apparently, some people are so stupid that a video in which you can hear the person speaking does not count as a quote.
movielover
dimitrig
movielover said:

Between this and the photos of transgender athletes who look a lot like MTG I think the RWNJs are revealing some aspects of their personal lives to us. It's Pride Month after all.

movielover
The Democratic polls would move 15 points towards RFK Jr the minute he walked on stage to debate the cutout known as Joe Biden.

Trump / RFK Jr?
Trump / Lake?
DiabloWags
10% For The Big Guy said:

blungld said:

As I expected, a lazy repost response. I asked for a quote. From Schiff directly where he lies intentionally and with criminal intent worthy of censure. No tweets or reposts or conspiracy diatribes. A quote. A fact. Not an opinion.
Apparently, some people are so stupid that a video in which you can hear the person speaking does not count as a quote.

You're gonna LOVE that tape recording with Trump from Bedminster, bro!
I know you're gonna LOVE it.

concordtom
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

I'll be glad to hear your stories about their maladies and how they chose to do it.

It should be legal. But it's a thorny issue.
DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

Between this and the photos of transgender athletes who look a lot like MTG I think the RWNJs are revealing some aspects of their personal lives to us. It's Pride Month after all.

His voice is worse than listening to finger-nails being run down a chalk board.
Did RFK Jr smoke a lot of crack?
concordtom
bearister said:

I was told by a friend who's wife died that hospice essentially did that to his wife to help with the troubles they were all having. And he called them ANGELS!
movielover
Not empathetic of you. No, Hunter Biden Hoovered up the crack allocation for a large chunk of wealthy Democrat politicos.
DiabloWags
My German grandfather was in hospice at age 100 in Oregon.
My Dad told them to up the morphine.
They did.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Not empathetic of you. No, Hunter Biden Hoovered up the crack allocation for a large chunk of wealthy Democrat politicos.

You still havent taken me up on my offer to meet up at Top Dog.
What's wrong bro.... you scared of having a dog with a Cal alum?

Be a man for a change.
Get out from underneath your keyboard.

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Notice how there isnt a single media source that substantiates your claim.
Just some woman (Diane Murphy) making stuff up on Twitter.
Looks like FAKE NEWS.

You're terribly gullible.
Most Trumpanzees are.

And, who really cares, anyways!

Adult rugby.
Seriously?

It looks like a rec league.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

And, who really cares, anyways!

Adult rugby.
Seriously?

It looks like a rec league.

Pretty much.
A senior women's team in the middle of nowhere in Ontario, CANADA.
They play on a field filled with gopher holes.
No one cares.

First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.