Breaking News

865,263 Views | 10907 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by dajo9
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sick.

bear2034
movielover said:

bear2034 said:

WalterSobchak said:

Our day is coming? Hmm I wonder what that means? It's so hard to decipher.
Why are Democrats afraid of retribution? Just take it.
Bend over, bend over, let Rover take over.

Democrats project. The GOP is actually in bed w them (UniParty), and they don't play hardball. Trump had great success, and the radical Progressives undid it all within months.

Argentina's Milei plays hardball, so does the President of El Salvador.

They need to preserve their documents, find their receipts, and lawyer up. No one is above the law.
Big C

Bear Insider OT Lefties blame climate change for causing movielover!
movielover
bearister
….and you don't think the Evangelicals that have tRump's ear and think he is God's Messenger aren't working feverishly on a national ban on abortion, gay marriage and the reimposition of sodomy laws?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
bear2034
Cal88
movielover
movielover
Not breaking news... but Nixons take on the Military & CIA... bureaucracy.

Big C

^ So, Presidents who are crooks don't like government organizations like the CIA and the FBI...
Hmmm, wonder why that could be.
82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

^ So, Presidents who are crooks don't like government organizations like the CIA and the FBI...

Crooks and families of assassinated presidents don't like them.
bearister
82gradDLSdad said:

Big C said:

What happened to the good ole days when you were afraid to p@iss off the FBI and the CIA?
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Big C said:

What happened to the good ole days when you were afraid to p@iss off the FBI and the CIA?

Exactly. Proper criminals. Proper leaders.
movielover
France riots, Macron endorses far left anti police candidate

Big C
movielover said:

France riots, Macron endorses far left anti police candidate

Good video, thx. The presenter, Gavin Mortimer (apparently a Brit who now resides in the Burgundy region of France), was good. Classic French tension between the greater Paris area (like our "coastal elites") and most of the rest of France (equivalent to "the flyover states").

So, lots of similar dynamics to the US situation, spiced up by some different issues. President Macron is basically a centrist (Bill Clinton wouldn't be a terrible comparison) and now he is being marginalized to the center, by a growing right and left.

Just in time for the Olympics!
movielover
Doesn't France have Muslim no go zones?
Big C
movielover said:

Doesn't France have Muslim no go zones?

What is that?

(Immigration is a huge concern in France. What draws the most attention is the number of immigrants from Algeria, most of whom are Muslim. Anti-immigration was probably the main issue that kickstarted the political career of Jean-Marie Le Pen, Marine's father.)

Cal88, would you care to weigh in on how the next several weeks are going to play out in France? (I'm a little rusty.)
movielover
In Europe there are predominantly Muslim dangerous areas which are considered 'no go' zones - and anti female - for non Muslims and police, some reportedly governed by Sharia Law. There are some in Sweden, which officials try to deny. Marseille might be another.

The term is controversial to some.

""There are several hundred square meters of pavement abandoned to men alone; women are no longer considered entitled to be there. Cafs, bars and restaurants are prohibited to them, as are the sidewalks, the subway station and the public squares." Le Parisien."

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10404/france-no-go-zones
Big C

I hadn't heard about the "no-go zones". Obviously it's disturbing. I would be a little surprised to find those in the heart of cities (as opposed to the outskirts), as those are points of pride for the French... and many divisions of the French police are armed to the hilt and don't take any crap. But I haven't been to France for awhile and they could well exist.
bearister
Enormous lines form for Yankee Stadium's George Costanza bobblehead - Yahoo Sports

https://sports.yahoo.com/enormous-lines-form-for-yankee-stadiums-george-costanza-bobblehead-025349820.html

MinotStateBeav
The Secret Family Member of President Joe Biden
movielover
MinotStateBeav said:

The Secret Family Member of President Joe Biden

Interesting.

- child support reduced from 20K
- child picks a Hunter art piece every month
- next step: Hunter supporter buys artwork for tens of thousands?
Cal88
movielover said:

In Europe there are predominantly Muslim dangerous areas which are considered 'no go' zones - and anti female - for non Muslims and police, some reportedly governed by Sharia Law. There are some in Sweden, which officials try to deny. Marseille might be another.

The term is controversial to some.

""There are several hundred square meters of pavement abandoned to men alone; women are no longer considered entitled to be there. Cafs, bars and restaurants are prohibited to them, as are the sidewalks, the subway station and the public squares." Le Parisien."

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10404/france-no-go-zones

The source here, the Gatestone Institute, is a neocon propaganda outlet run by people like Daniel Pipes and John Bolton, they have a nefarious agenda, that of promoting ideological grounds for Forever Wars in the mideast along the lines of the post 9/11 clash of civilizations narrative.

This does not mean that France, and many other western European countries do not have a very serious immigration problem, based on the fact that the mass immigration from Africa and western Asia over the past several decades has greatly exceeded these countries' capacity to absorb them culturally, economically and socially. But it makes no difference whatsoever whether these immigrants are from Senegal (a Muslim country) or Congo (a Christian country), and this is where the neocon narrative fails.

The "no-go zones" in France are in fact suburbs with highrise projects that are largely populated with people from the Maghreb and sub-Saharian Africa. These areas are "dodgy", but still a couple of notches safer than your basic urban American ghetto in Oakland, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago etc where the thugs have guns and homicide rates are far higher, and where you can get shot for looking at someone the wrong way.
dajo9
Can't wait for Cal88 to provide his breaking news on the recent French election. Weird he didn't have anything to say about the recent British election.
American Vermin
First Page Refresh
Page 312 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.