Breaking News

982,811 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Yesterday, I had a slight cough before a doctor appointment. So out of duty and precaution I bought a $12 rapid Covid test at Walgreens. 15 minutes - negative.

This guy, on the other hand, tested positive one day, met with a bunch of people the next, then when his Covid positive status became public, blamed the people he met with AFTER he was positive.

Imagine simply how truly bad that is!

1. Meet with people when positive, reckless.

2. Blame them, knowing it's impossible. Incredible.

I laughed. It's SO Trump.
What a clown.
What a downright (censored).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tested-positive-covid-19-150819744.html

Texas cousin asked why this story matters. My reply:

Because the news revelation of timing of his first Covid test broke today.

Because trump is the GOP's presumptive front runner.

I've been telling you for years, he's a VERY dangerous man, primarily because he has no honor, no honesty, and only cares about himself. This is a prime example, one of many, sadly.

I could understand if he was irresponsible and kept to his schedule by meeting with these people next day, rather than cancel. Not good, not at all, but sometimes people make bad choices.

But what is astonishing to me is that he later tried to blame them. I actually recall him doing so, so this isn't any made up "left" gotcha. All the press were hounding him and his staff "when did the president first test positive?" They wouldn't say.

Then he blamed these visitors, I also recall.

Now his chief of staff gives up the truth.

It's stunning, yet not at all.

The GOP needs to find some decent leaders again. David Brooks' article fin the Atlantic was spot on. Sadly, he doesn't see it happening. I don't either. I see a doubling down on Trumps' example - voters are simply too malleable.

I dont even know who the GOP is anymore.

Seems to be a party filled with hate, religious hypocrites, and self-interest clowns that have nothing to do with serving the American people

Signed,

Someone that voted for Ronald Reagan in his first Presidential election in 1980 as a CAL:undergrad.

You, sir, are SPOT ON!!!

It's amazing that the radical wacky right wing media has been able to obscure this obvious truth. It's like, we traditionally have a system of government which is run by:
1. Legislative
2. Executive
3. Judicial

Instead, it appears we have a system of government run by:
1. Party
2. Media

AND THERE IS NO RECOURSE OR ACCOUNTABILITY in the constitution to manage or control those two groups.
DiabloWags
BearForce2 said:

Vote out the GOP establishment, some who are as much anti-Trump as the Demos and vote out the Rhinos who are really Democrats based on their voting record.

You mean Rhinos like Liz Cheney?

You're a funny guy!

DiabloWags
concordtom said:

bearister said:

If a person owns $100B in stock, and the stock doubles and they don't sell a single share, they would then be worth $200B.

Do you, or Dajo, or Elizabeth Warren, think that person should pay taxes on the unrealized gains?

If so, should the government pay me for all my unrealized losses?

HONEST QUESTION THAT WARREN HASN'T ANSWERED, to my knowledge.

Excellent question!

We once had a massive overweight position that had been accumulated over the course of 8 years that went from a 7-figure winner to a $300,000 loser, all because of a government primary care physician "task force" that would not put a new "high-tech" non-invasive colon cancer screening test into their colon cancer screening guidelines. The test was FDA approved and had a national coverage determination from Medicare.

But the governmental "task force" wanted to see more studies, more data, and did not include this new non-invasive test in their DRAFT guidance. The "Task Force" only met once every 5 YEARS to discus colon cancer screening. So the company that I had invested in was about to go belly-up and start selling off their furniture.

The stock collapsed and spent the next six-months dying a horrible death, like Chinese water torture day after day after day. It was amazing that I didnt become an alcoholic, although I did start sipping on "Four Roses" to ease the pain, especially on Sunday night when I just knew that I'd be once again in the fetal position come Monday morning. - - - Shout out to the town of Benicia and Sailor Jack's for helping me rest up and ease some of the pain before another bout of weekly torture in the markets. Being near the water and seeing those Refinery lights while driving back over the Benicia Bridge on my way home gave me some sense of peace and serenity . . . if only for a few minutes.

Without this task force's "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval, commercial insurers were not mandated to cover this new test. They could ignore it. - - - Never mind that colon cancer is the #2 cancer killer of Americans over the age of 50 and this test would save hundreds of thousands of lives. - - - Fast forward 6 months later and this new CRC test was included in the Final Guidelines.

Question: We all know that the Govt wasnt sharing in our LOSS when we were down $300,000

So why is it that the Govt only shares in my profit WITHOUT TAKING ANY RISK?

And why is it that Bernie and Liz wants to tax my Family on an unrealized gain when the owner dies, and not when the asset is sold?

Sure sounds like they are trying to confiscate generational wealth.

Do they honestly believe that by not promoting and incentivizing RISK-TAKING that our Society will continue to command the most innovative and creative economy in the world?

Do they really believe that the Govt knows how to be more innovative and creative than the private sector?

If so, where is the evidence for that claim?

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

If a person owns $100B in stock, and the stock doubles and they don't sell a single share, they would then be worth $200B.

Do you, or Dajo, or Elizabeth Warren, think that person should pay taxes on the unrealized gains?

If so, should the government pay me for all my unrealized losses?

HONEST QUESTION THAT WARREN HASN'T ANSWERED, to my knowledge.

Excellent question!

We once had a massive overweight position that had been accumulated over the course of 8 years that went from a 7-figure winner to a $300,000 loser, all because of a government primary care physician "task force" that would not put a new "high-tech" non-invasive colon cancer screening test into their colon cancer screening guidelines. The test was FDA approved and had a national coverage determination from Medicare.

But the governmental "task force" wanted to see more studies, more data, and did not include this new non-invasive test in their DRAFT guidance. The "Task Force" only met once every 5 YEARS to discus colon cancer screening. So the company that I had invested in was about to go belly-up and start selling off their furniture.

The stock collapsed and spent the next six-months dying a horrible death, like Chinese water torture day after day after day. It was amazing that I didnt become an alcoholic, although I did start sipping on "Four Roses" to ease the pain, especially on Sunday night when I just knew that I'd be once again in the fetal position come Monday morning. - - - Shout out to the town of Benicia and Sailor Jack's for helping me rest up and ease some of the pain before another bout of weekly torture in the markets. Being near the water and seeing those Refinery lights while driving back over the Benicia Bridge on my way home gave me some sense of peace and serenity . . . if only for a few minutes.

Without this task force'ss "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval, commercial insurers were not mandated to cover this new test. They could ignore it. Never mind that colon cancer is the #2 cancer killer of Americans over the age of 50 and this test would save hundreds of thousands of lives. - - - Fast forward 6 months later and this new CRC test was included in the Final Guidelines.

Question: We all know that the Govt wasnt sharing in our LOSS when we were down $300,000

So why is it that the Govt only shares in my profit WITHOUT TAKING ANY RISK?

Wow. What a story.
So, did your unrealized position turn back into glory??? Sounds like it!
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Wow. What a story.
So, did your unrealized position turn back into glory??? Sounds like it!

Yes, from the makers of Cologuard.

DiabloWags
DiabloWags
bearister
File under "poetic justice."

https://abc7news.com/car-owner-spots-lower-half-of-alleged-thiefs-body-under-bumper/11338962/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
bearister said:

File under "poetic justice."

https://abc7news.com/car-owner-spots-lower-half-of-alleged-thiefs-body-under-bumper/11338962/
"A catalytic converter and the small amount of scrap value it holds is not worth the risk of losing your life," the sheriff's office wrote.

I wonder if me fixing my own car with a standard jack and jack stand is worth the risk of losing my own life.
BearForce2
AunBear89
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/07/08/twitter-gave-free-rein-jack-posobiec-publish-antisemitic-hate-and-disinformation
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

Who's he?
Skinhead?
That was so 2016-2020.
concordtom

Hopefully the January 6 committee can fry them all.
Unit2Sucks
This person is a rightwing nut job but at least she proves that some of them do believe in man-made climate change.

bearister
If convicted, the virtual groper faces a 7-10 year sentence in a virtual prison.

The metaverse has a groping problem already | MIT Technology Review

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/12/16/1042516/the-metaverse-has-a-groping-problem/

*The Metaverse virtual groper was described as a non blinker little guy in a child's skeleton Halloween costume
BearForce2

Caught! NYPD got the real crooks.
Unit2Sucks
Blue Lives Matter except when you ask them to save themselves.

I wonder if they were arrested at an Applebees.
okaydo
Wow, West Side Story is based on gangs ... in Los Angeles.

concordtom
BearForce2 said:

Caught! NYPD got the real crooks.
So, what did the judge set your bail at?
concordtom
GOP cares NOT about the country, only maximizing political power. Very disturbing story from Axios. This plan is not about how to serve Americans, only about damaging their opponent. Inventing threats and then squashing them. Contrast that with the actual threat the Dems are trying to unravel.

House Republicans have begun mapping aggressive probes of the Biden administration if they win back the majority including inquiries into the origins of COVID, a leak of IRS data about billionaires, and accusations the NSA spied on Tucker Carlson.

Why it matters: The plans, obtained exclusively by Axios, show House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy would make muscular use of majority powers for the last two years of President Biden's term if, as expected, the GOP wins the majority in next year's midterms.
bearister
GOP maps Biden probes, prelude to 2024 culture war - Axios

https://www.axios.com/republicans-biden-probes-house-majority-25bc5f7a-269e-44c8-94dc-4700574112ca.html
okaydo
concordtom
But WHO was his mentor that he quoted?
concordtom
I think the culture war is already here.
All it really needed was a black President and a bunch of clever racists to kick it off.
bearister
Retired generals urge Pentagon to take steps to avert 'civil war' after 2024 election | Washington Examiner

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/retired-generals-urge-pentagon-to-take-steps-to-avert-civil-war-after-2024-election
okaydo
concordtom said:

But WHO was his mentor that he quoted?

bearister
BearForce2
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Prediction: by the time Biden's first term is up, the virus will be largely under control.
Unit2Sucks
We know how to get the virus under control but partisans would rather die than let our country win. These are the same people who think the most important question is how the virus originated under Trump's watch. That plus horse dewormer won't save anyone's life but that's where their priorities are.
Eastern Oregon Bear
COVID Theater said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Prediction: by the time Biden's first term is up, the virus will be largely under control.
Wow, and in only 4 years? What an achievement!

Most pandemics last a lot longer than 4 years.
sycasey
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

COVID Theater said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

And here I thought that Presidents should be judged by their full terms and not just a fraction of it. Silly me.
Big C
COVID Theater said:

sycasey said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

COVID Theater said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

And here I thought that Presidents should be judged by their full terms and not just a fraction of it. Silly me.
People will be judging the Democrats on half of Biden's term on November 8. And boy, am I gonna be laughing my ass off at all you VBNMW morons on that day. I told you in advance exactly what a Biden presidency would look like and it's all happening exactly as I told you.

If anybody else is like me and doesn't know all the latest acronyms/initialisms, I'll save you the trouble; "VBNMW" = "vote blue no matter who"

If the GOP takes back the House and/or the Senate in the mid-term elections, I sure won't be laughing, but hey . . .
concordtom
sycasey said:

This President is being judged by Sean hannity, et al. The electorate is under the Swengali spell.

BearForce2
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.