Breaking News

982,872 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by movielover
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Gang of 80 ransacks California Nordstrom store in quick 1-minute raid
BearForce2

Upcoming week media distraction
concordtom
Yesterday, I had a slight cough before a doctor appointment. So out of duty and precaution I bought a $12 rapid Covid test at Walgreens. 15 minutes - negative.

This guy, on the other hand, tested positive one day, met with a bunch of people the next, then when his Covid positive status became public, blamed the people he met with AFTER he was positive.

Imagine simply how truly bad that is!

1. Meet with people when positive, reckless.

2. Blame them, knowing it's impossible. Incredible.

I laughed. It's SO Trump.
What a clown.
What a downright (censored).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tested-positive-covid-19-150819744.html

Texas cousin asked why this story matters. My reply:

Because the news revelation of timing of his first Covid test broke today.

Because trump is the GOP's presumptive front runner.

I've been telling you for years, he's a VERY dangerous man, primarily because he has no honor, no honesty, and only cares about himself. This is a prime example, one of many, sadly.

I could understand if he was irresponsible and kept to his schedule by meeting with these people next day, rather than cancel. Not good, not at all, but sometimes people make bad choices.

But what is astonishing to me is that he later tried to blame them. I actually recall him doing so, so this isn't any made up "left" gotcha. All the press were hounding him and his staff "when did the president first test positive?" They wouldn't say.

Then he blamed these visitors, I also recall.

Now his chief of staff gives up the truth.

It's stunning, yet not at all.

The GOP needs to find some decent leaders again. David Brooks' article fin the Atlantic was spot on. Sadly, he doesn't see it happening. I don't either. I see a doubling down on Trumps' example - voters are simply too malleable.
concordtom
Oh wow
I forgot about the debate part of it.

concordtom
concordtom
Trump hailed Mark Meadows' book in October as 'an incredible Christmas present' for those who want to learn about 'truth.' He's now calling it 'fake news.'

In October, former President Donald Trump hailed his fourth and final chief of staff Mark Meadows' forthcoming book as an "incredible" present for those who want to learn about "politics" and "truth." He's now throwing it under the bus as "fake news."

"The Chief's Chief would make an incredible Christmas present, and with United States supply lines totally dead, and with thousands of ships having no way of unloading because of incompetent leadership, you will have no other thing you can buy anyway," Trump wrote in a statement promoting the book on October 13. "Seriously, it's a fantastic book, and Mark Meadows and his wonderful wife Debbie are great people."

Meadows did indeed reveal at least one very unwelcome truth bomb: that Trump tested positive for COVID-19 on September 26, three days before his first presidential debate against Joe Biden.

"The story of me having COVID prior to, or during, the first debate is Fake News. In fact, a test revealed that I did not have COVID prior to the debate," Trump said in a Wednesday morning statement in response to a story about the book from the Guardian.

Trump saying that "a test revealed" he did not have COVID-19 before the debate does not disprove Meadows' account of him initially testing positive.

The Washington Post reported later on Wednesday that Trump was "furious" that Meadows had told the story in his book. Trump rebuffed Meadows' offer to issue a clarification, made through an intermediary, according to the Post. But the former chief of staff retweeted Trump's statement, posted by Trump's current spokeswoman Liz Harrington, decrying the account in Meadows' own book as "fake news."

The ex-chief of staff recounts in his book that he thought Trump looked "a little tired" and maybe had a mild cold on September 26th, but got the test result as Trump was en route to a rally in Middletown, Pennsylvania,

"Stop the president from leaving," White House physician Sean Conley relayed to Meadows as Trump was on Marine One. "He just tested positive for Covid."

"Mr President," Meadows recalls saying, "I've got some bad news. You've tested positive for Covid-19."

Meadows, an Evangelical Christian who does not curse, sums up Trump's response as rhyming with "'Oh spit, you've gotta be trucking lidding me,'" according to the Guardian.

Trump, according to Meadows, took a second test on the plane that came back negative. It's unclear how much time passed between the two tests.

The initial positive result was never disclosed to the organizers of the September 29 debate in Cleveland, Ohio, which required participants to test negative 72 hours beforehand, or to the public.

While Trump felt like he could return to business as usual and move on, Meadows said he "instructed everyone in his immediate circle to treat him as if he was positive."

"I didn't want to take any unnecessary risks," Meadows wrote, according to the Guardian, "but I also didn't want to alarm the public if there was nothing to worry about which according to the new, much more accurate test, there was not."

On October 1, just a few days later, the former president publicly announced that he, along with former First Lady Melania Trump, tested positive for COVID-19.

Their infections were part of a larger outbreak among White House staff and others apparently stemming from a Rose Garden and White House celebration for then-Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.
concordtom
Wow. This just gets better and better.

To recap:
1. Meadows writes book, and explains the whole Covid positive story.
2. Excerpts released pre-release to help build marketing buzz for book.
3. Anti-Trump crowd goes wild over the revelation.
4. Trump gets pissed, calls it Fake News.
5. And here, Meadows realizing he's thrown trump under the bus, oooops, joins Trump in calling his own book Fake News, by trying to add excuse that the positive test was a false-positive, though we know that to be a lie because he ended up in hospital immediately after.
6. Meadows finishes the interview by transitioning to a "please buy my fake news book" pitch.
7. Dog leash newsmax staffer let's him escape with, "fair enough".

It's all a continuation of a voyage to the land of bizarro.

No doubt, Meadows won't be pitching his book on cnn or msnbc. Only on fox where lies are accepted as "fair enough". No tough interviewers, dammit.

concordtom
The first test, which was positive, was the more accurate PCR type.
The second test, which was negative, was the less accurate type. And who's to verify that trump even took it properly. Probably poorer Diet Coke on the testing media to make sure it was fouled.

No. The initial positive test was truth.
concordtom
Matthew Whitaker story pretty good too

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dark-money-group-paid-former-090459884.html

This guy has long been a mess.
This was 2 years ago. Based on story in above link, nothing has changed.

concordtom
And s very good report out of the conservative conference held in Orlando by David Brooks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620746/

concordtom
Another terrible gun shooting death.

Retired cop delivering propane.
Dogs bark.
Resident of 2 weeks gets startled, 9am, grand pistol.
Interaction occurs, propane man calls 911 wary, is shot while on phone.
Gunman admits to it all.

Thank you, gun industry.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/just-shot-propane-deliveryman-former-201051018.html
bearister
The world's most expensive city: Tel Aviv - Axios

https://www.axios.com/the-worlds-most-expensive-city-tel-aviv-13b95196-0c7a-4883-820c-8e987176b900.html

U.S. faces urgent anti-hacker crisis - Axios

https://www.axios.com/government-business-cyber-jobs-601a027c-cf68-47bb-96ca-da46237052f6.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Gotta question the list that has LA over SF, no pun intended.

World's most expensive cities to live 2021
1. Tel Aviv, Israel
2. (tie) Paris, France
2. (tie) Singapore
4. Zurich, Switzerland
5. Hong Kong
6. New York City, New York
7. Geneva, Switzerland
8. Copenhagen, Denmark
9. Los Angeles, California
10. Osaka, Japan
11. Oslo, Norway
12. Seoul, South Korea
13. Tokyo, Japan
14. (tie) Vienna, Austria
14. (tie) Sydney, Australia
16. Melbourne, Australia
17. (tie) Helsinki, Finland
17. (tie) London, UK
19. (tie) Dublin, Ireland
19. (tie) Frankfurt, Germany
19. (tie) Shanghai, China
calpoly
concordtom said:

Gotta question the list that has LA over SF, no pun intended.

World's most expensive cities to live 2021
1. Tel Aviv, Israel
2. (tie) Paris, France
2. (tie) Singapore
4. Zurich, Switzerland
5. Hong Kong
6. New York City, New York
7. Geneva, Switzerland
8. Copenhagen, Denmark
9. Los Angeles, California
10. Osaka, Japan
11. Oslo, Norway
12. Seoul, South Korea
13. Tokyo, Japan
14. (tie) Vienna, Austria
14. (tie) Sydney, Australia
16. Melbourne, Australia
17. (tie) Helsinki, Finland
17. (tie) London, UK
19. (tie) Dublin, Ireland
19. (tie) Frankfurt, Germany
19. (tie) Shanghai, China
bearister
Nine pro-Trump lawyers ordered to pay $175,000 for sham election lawsuit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/03/donald-trump-lawyers-election-lawsuit-sanctions?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sidney Powell filed false incorporation papers for non-profit, grand jury finds

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/03/sidney-powell-filed-false-incorporation-papers-for-non-profit-grand-jury-finds?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
Exclusive: oil companies' profits soared to $174bn this year as US gas prices rose

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/06/oil-companies-profits-exxon-chevron-shell-exclusive?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister

"The super-rich are getting stupid rich:

New data out today shows the share of global wealth held by the richest slice of humanity swelled by almost a full percentage point during the pandemic, Axios business editor Kate Marino writes.

The top 0.01% of individuals now hold about 11% of the world's wealth, compared to just over 10% in 2020, according to the "World Inequality Report 2022," written by Lucas Chancel, Thomas Piketty, Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman.

Why it matters: Governments around the world spent vast sums to battle the pandemic, fueling massive appreciation in stocks and real estate.

The increase in billionaires' share of wealth from 2020 to 2021 was the steepest on record, the report says.

Zoom out: The study found poverty increased sharply in countries with weak welfare coverage. But massive government support in the U.S. and Europe mitigated some impact on lower earners, Reuters notes." Axios
BearForce2

"Where am I? I'm right here?"
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

Can he be any worse than the last man negotiating with Putin?
BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

No Biden is a God, just one step below Fauci.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

BearForce2 said:

No Biden is a God, just one step below Fauci.

Just curious, can you point to anyone calling Biden or Fauci a God who isn't a right winger?
bearister
What's really wrong with the mainstream media

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/09/whats-really-wrong-mainstream-media?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
concordtom
Trump loses in court of appeals on Jan 6 records release bigly.
In fact, the court insults him.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-capitol-siege-de54f9ad6c6123dbe85cf86d31b45df1
bearister
Trump accuses Netanyahu of disloyalty: "F*** him" - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-netanyahu-disloyalty-****-him-276ac6cc-3f70-4fba-b315-c82a59603e67.html
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Yesterday, I had a slight cough before a doctor appointment. So out of duty and precaution I bought a $12 rapid Covid test at Walgreens. 15 minutes - negative.

This guy, on the other hand, tested positive one day, met with a bunch of people the next, then when his Covid positive status became public, blamed the people he met with AFTER he was positive.

What a clown.

I've been telling you for years, he's a VERY dangerous man, primarily because he has no honor, no honesty, and only cares about himself. This is a prime example, one of many, sadly.

I could understand if he was irresponsible and kept to his schedule by meeting with these people next day, rather than cancel. Not good, not at all, but sometimes people make bad choices.

But what is astonishing to me is that he later tried to blame them. I actually recall him doing so, so this isn't any made up "left" gotcha. All the press were hounding him and his staff "when did the president first test positive?" They wouldn't say.

The GOP needs to find some decent leaders again. David Brooks' article fin the Atlantic was spot on. Sadly, he doesn't see it happening. I don't either. I see a doubling down on Trumps' example - voters are simply too malleable.

I dont even know who the GOP is anymore.

Seems to be a party filled with hate, religious hypocrites, and self-interest clowns that have nothing to do with serving the American people

Signed,

Someone that voted for Ronald Reagan in his first Presidential election in 1980 as a CAL:undergrad.

BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

What a clown.

Seems to be a party filled with hate, religious hypocrites, and self-interest clowns that have nothing to do with serving the American people

Signed,

Someone that voted for Ronald Reagan in his first Presidential election in 1980 as a CAL:undergrad.

Vote out the GOP establishment, some who are as much anti-Trump as the Demos and vote out the Rhinos who are really Democrats based on their voting record.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

What a clown.

Signed,

Vote out the GOP establishment, some who are as much anti-Trump as the Demos and vote out the Rhinos who are really Democrats based on their voting record.
Vote out the GOP establishment and the Rhinos and Hippos and you're just left with the aging Tea Party establishment and the crazies like Greene, Boebert and Gaetz. If you want to further marginalize the GOP and leave yourself with no coherent strategy to govern even if you do win, be my guest.
bearister

Cathedral Security: "Show some respect boy. Are you going to just stand there and bleed or are you going to put a mask on?"
BearForce2

BearForce2 said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

What a clown.

Signed,

Vote out the GOP establishment and the Rhinos and Hippos and you're just left with the aging Tea Party establishment and the crazies like Greene, Boebert and Gaetz. If you want to further marginalize the GOP and leave yourself with no coherent strategy to govern even if you do win, be my guest.

Who's doing the marginalizing? The media or other Democrats? Based on what we've been seeing, it doesn't matter as long as there's a R after their name.
DiabloWags

Agreed 100%.
bearister
tRump loves President Obama after all.

Trump praises 'smart and sharp' Obama during tour with Bill O'Reilly

https://mol.im/a/10301913
bearister
bearister

concordtom
bearister said:

If a person owns $100B in stock, and the stock doubles and they don't sell a single share, they would then be worth $200B.

Do you, or Dajo, or Elizabeth Warren, think that person should pay taxes on the unrealized gains?

If so, should the government pay me for all my unrealized losses?

HONEST QUESTION THAT WARREN HASN'T ANSWERED, to my knowledge.
DiabloWags
blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

At risk of getting "war on Xmas" type responses, why do we use terms like "So help me God" as part of swearing in? They are not becoming Bishops, they are swearing to serve in government and defend the office and Constitution. Is that not the higher authority, and the people themselves, to whom they are accountable? Or are they supposed to only abide by their oath for fear that God will punish them?

Separation of Church and State aside (which is equally good reason for not doing this), this seems to be totally illogical and antithetical to the purpose of the swearing in. It in fact seems to justify the breaking or diminishing of the laws of man, or the laws of the land to which they are being sworn to serve, and instead ascribing their REAL responsibility to serving the laws of God (whose God, which faith?).

How about instead they do the job of serving the people and protecting the Constitution rather than serving religion, self-interest, money, or party over country, and swear to resign office if they violate this oath?

Thank You.
I nominate your post for Post of The Year.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.