Breaking News

1,002,724 Views | 11847 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Cal88
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She has a bit of Ann Richards in her...so she can win and win big later.
GBear4Life
Oh, the survey was done by Planet Fitness. No wonder. A gym whose business model is centered around repelling serious gym-goers and catering towards obese men and women and seniors who walk the treadmill and eliptical for 40 minutes.

Most women don't like a guy who is self-obsessed and vain, who may talk about their macros and intermittent fasting because they're so vapid and narcissistic. Having a Hollywood physique can give that impression.

Most women also don't like a guy who is obese or gluttonous and treats their body and health like an ashtray.

The only thing that "study" gets right is that women generally find confidence, above all else, is most attractive. That the "dad bod" itself signals confidence to women is total BS.

As America becomes more obese, one of the problems of "body positive" culture, which the article cites, is that it can and does acquiesce or outright applaud poor health, like obesity. Obesity is not just uncool, it cause premature death, which of course doesn't just affect the self, but friends, family and community. It doesn't mean you can't say a technically obese woman with pretty face and valuptuous assets can be attractive (I find that some are very attractive) but it's actually malevolent to suggest there's nothing "wrong" with them. An obese person should strive to lose weight through positive life changes and habits in service to their health. Full stop. No apologetics, no placating out of pity by excusing obesity or an unwillingness to change it. To do so is to effectively mislead somebody who is medically sick.

DiCaprio isn't unhealthy in that picture, he just doesn't have much lean muscle (I'd argue LD's facial grooming is what's unhealthy). Pratt is borderline unhealthy, hard to tell.

I see it constantly, in order not to "shame" someone, we placate somebody's self delusions about the state of their own health. Placating is shameful, informing somebody of steps towards more positive medical health is not.
concordtom
Cal Junkie said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Is he trying to humanize himself for us by discussing such things?
Not gonna work, freak.
It's kind of true. Americans have gotten fatter and fatter, something like 70% of Americans are in some way overweight. Makes sense.
Oh, I "get" the assertion. Less intimidating, more like me, familiar.
But why would Trump Jr be posting as if he's a normal guy.
Freak.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Democrat running for the TEX-24 seat. Really nice ad (she was not on a treadmill).

Damn!
I'm sold!
concordtom
Texas-24 district is northwest suburbs of Dallas.

Another Bear

prospeCt
comedy gold, no cherry coke jokes needed

bearister
'This is all stolen land': Native Americans want more than California's apology

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/20/california-native-americans-governor-apology-reparations?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Bloody Island Massacre

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Island_massacre

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear

bearister
Another Bear

He should have at least bought him dinner first.
okaydo

Another Bear

Don't look away. Stare at that photo and think about it.

If you don't feel anything you've lost your humanity or drank the Trump Nazi Fcckhead Kool-aid.

The U.S. use to be the shining light who welcomed all. Now I'm not sure we can recover from this. We've been gaslighted and desensitized beyond belief.

I'd like to say, "we are better than this", but we're not.
concordtom
List of 17 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct, rape, whatever.

How many more have decided to maintain their silence.

Trump is a creep, a rapist, a liar, an idiot.

Anyone who supports him is an idiot, too.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/list-trumps-accusers-allegations-sexual-misconduct-161100742--abc-news-topstories.html
Another Bear

The man knows how to blow and suck on pipes...and Donald Trump greatly appreciates that skill.
Anarchistbear
Another Bear said:

If you don't feel anything you've lost your humanity or drank the Trump Nazi Fcckhead Kool-aid.

The U.S. use to be the shining light who welcomed all. Now I'm not sure we can recover from this. We've been gaslighted and desensitized beyond belief.

Get real! We've never been better than that. Deaths at the border have nothing to do with who is President

https://twitter.com/robvato/status/1143692993607503872/photo/1
oski003
It is worse now. Democratic leaders have declared that if you can make it inside the U.S. border, regardless of your basis for being here, you do not have to leave, even by court order. Therefore, there are caravans of people trying to get in to the United States.
Anarchistbear
oski003 said:

It is worse now. Democratic leaders have declared that if you can make it inside the U.S. border, regardless of your basis for being here, you do not have to leave, even by court order. Therefore, there are caravans of people trying to get in to the United States.

What! No. That's US and international law. You are not illegal if you are seeking asylum even if you are in the country.
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

Get real! Deaths at the border have nothing to do with who is President

Well, I'd say your response is all three:
correct AND
heartless AND
missing the point.

The president is not responsible for who tries to swim across a river.
But he is responsible for our response, for our collective mindset about it.

And you appear to be suffering, the same as Trump.

We CAN do better. So can you.
Another Bear
Anarchistbear said:

Another Bear said:

Get real! We've never been better than that. Deaths at the border have nothing to do with who is President

Said the anarchist.

Actually in the case of Trump...deaths are related to his regime because he's using it as a wedge issue to give his base a hate boner and the situation has gotten much worse. He has sent troops the border. Wants a useless wall...and in the name of pretending to do something.

The detention center crap is similar...but with a good old fashion Republican theme of making money with a no bid contract, despite hating the government.

The hate boner is sort of the same rush as breaking windows and wearing all black...then running away. It's funny how anarchists are adjacent to RWNJs and the Trump base of willful ignorance.
GBear4Life
Another Bear said:

Said the anarchist.

Actually in the case of Trump...deaths are related to his regime because he's using it as a wedge issue to give his base a hate boner and the situation has gotten much worse. He has sent troops the border. Wants a useless wall...and in the name of pretending to do something.

The detention center crap is similar...but with a good old fashion Republican theme of making money with a no bid contract, despite hating the government.

The hate boner is sort of the same rush as breaking windows and wearing all black...then running away. It's funny how anarchists are adjacent to RWNJs and the Trump base of willful ignorance.
"hate-boner" lmao...irony
Anarchistbear
Another Bear said:

Anarchistbear said:

Another Bear said:

Said the anarchist.

Deaths are deaths. Where was the outrage over the greater number of deaths under Obama? The only difference is the media light shining on it. The migration problem is related to decades of US foreign policy and drug enforcement disasters and neither party has done squat.

For the record I'm in favor of admitting more migrants not less, stopping the detentions in Mexico, providing more humanitarian aid, cutting enforcement, abolishing ICE, more judges, timely hearing of cases and demilitarizing the border. What say you, Mueller Time? Or can you only offer more juvenile gibberish?
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
Trump figured out a way to lead the Sunday morning talk shows after the first democrat debates just happened.

Photographers were scurrying around like rats for cheese, yelling at each other: "Move! Get out of the way!"
bearister
concordtom said:

Trump figured out a way to lead the Sunday morning talk shows after the first democrat debates just happened.

Photographers were scurrying around like rats for cheese, yelling at each other: "Move! Get out of the way!"

concordtom
Except that Kim Jung Un is not like Hitler.

Trump is like Hitler. Global domination.
Kim just wants his little borough to himself.
bearister

Maybe they can change the words to some more of the prayers we have been saying for hundreds of years.
bearister
'There's no way to stop this': Oakland braces for the arrival of tech firm Square

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/jul/02/theres-no-way-to-stop-this-oakland-braces-for-the-arrival-of-tech-firm-square?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
Anyone watch this show yet?

bearister
North Korea says U.S. 'hell-bent on hostile acts' despite wanting to talk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1TY2S6

okaydo
So there's this building next to UCLA on Vine Street in Hollywood in a dirty area that I've passed many times.

The building houses Project Angel Food, which delivers food to people suffering with AIDS.

A couple years ago, I passed by it when they closed off the streets, added tents and hosted a bunch of celebrities.

Anyways, I've recently learned who founded Project Angel Food.

bearister
As Oprah's spiritual advisor, I assume funding for her endeavors is not an issue.
concordtom
Trump is a LIAR LIAR LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!

I happen to be majorly into genealogy, with over 4000 people in my tree. I have spent thousands of hours looking at census records. I am qualified to immediately fact check.

So, when Trump says "it's almost always been done" in reference to the "are you a citizen" question, I can honestly say I've never seen the question once!

He goes around saying lies all the time.
But Republican Zombies out there are okay with that.

This makes me think that democracy is a stupid idea.
dajo9
concordtom said:

I happen to be majorly into genealogy, with over 4000 people in my tree. I have spent thousands of hours looking at census records. I am qualified to immediately fact check.

So, when Trump says "it's almost always been done" in reference to the "are you a citizen" question, I can honestly say I've never seen the question once!

I don't know why you'd think that about democracy. If America had a democracy then Hillary would be President. We have Trump because we DON'T have a democracy.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
sp4149
concordtom said:

My grandparents were from Flores and Faial in the Azores. They do not show up as ship passengers in the immigration records of Boston and New York where they disembarked. They do show up as "SPONSORS" of younger siblings arriving in New York.

They also show up in Census records for 1920 and the hand written line item for each shows them as naturalized citizens (with the year immigrated, naturalization status (NA or AL), and year of naturalization), and their age and the foreign country of their birth and the birthplace of their parents (Nativity and Mother Tongue).

Obviously in that 1920 census the question of citizenship was asked in detail and answered. This was also during the time of the eugenics rise in DC.

(Eugenics, the set of beliefs and practices which aims at improving the genetic quality of the human population, played a significant role in the history and culture of the United States prior to its involvement in World War II.
Eugenics was practiced in the United States many years before eugenics programs in Nazi Germany,] which were largely inspired by the previous American work. With the passage of the Immigration Act of 1924, eugenicists for the first time played an important role in the Congressional debate as expert advisers on the threat of "inferior stock" from eastern and southern Europe.)

AG sessions commented favorably on the Immigration (Eugenics) laws of the 1920s which were supported by the 1920 Census documentation of immigrants. Obviously the administration planned on using the 2020 Census in the same manner.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 339

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.