Breaking News

1,000,198 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by movielover
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
....and from the Not All Heroes Wear Capes File:

Woman who gave Trump the finger elected in Virginia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/06/juli-briskman-trump-middle-finger-wins-office-virginia?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo

Another Bear
Methinks da karma express is headed right at the GOP and Trump.
B.A. Bearacus
Bama not to be confused with America.

bearister
Miniature horse joins BART passengers in adorable commute

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/resources/transit/amp/Miniature-horse-Sweets-BART-passengers-adorable-14812217.php

I'm getting my paperwork in order for my service animal, Beelzebub, so I can take him on BART and cross country flights:

* Feds Say Airlines Can't Ban Pit Bulls or Other Dog Breeds From Flying
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/pet-friendly-travel/federal-department-of-transportation-allows-pitbulls-to-fly-on-planes%3famp=true
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

Miniature horse joins BART passengers in adorable commute

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/resources/transit/amp/Miniature-horse-Sweets-BART-passengers-adorable-14812217.php

I'm getting my paperwork in order for my service animal, Beelzebub, so I can take him on BART and cross country flights:

* Feds Say Airlines Can't Ban Pit Bulls or Other Dog Breeds From Flying
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/pet-friendly-travel/federal-department-of-transportation-allows-pitbulls-to-fly-on-planes%3famp=true

Seriously, do I have this close to correct?

It's quite okay for airlines NOT to ban pit-bullls.

But service dogs have to have "papers" and, even then

so long as it is reasonable to believe that the documentation would assist the airline in making a determination as to whether an animal poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others

?????
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
My dogs "papers" serve the dual purpose of keeping his 5 pound dumps off the airplane's floor.
bearister
Anonymous author's 'Warning' portrays a presidency on the brink - StamfordAdvocate

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/book-by-anonymous-describes-trump-as-cruel-inept-and-a-danger-to-the-nation/2019/11/07/b6b6c6f2-0150-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html
https://m.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Anonymous-author-s-Warning-portrays-a-14818890.php

" The author - who first captured attention in 2018 as the unidentified author of a New York Times opinion column - describes Trump careening from one self-inflicted crisis to the next, "like a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport."

B.A. Bearacus

oski003
The cynic in all of us takes notice when the son of the sitting VP is selected to serve on the BOD of a shady foreign company @ $50 K per month, then holy smokes he won the lottery again when the PRC decided that Hunter Biden's "hedge fund" was "the" place to park $1.5 Billion. We should all be so lucky, yet something tells me that perhaps this is not the American Dream in action. Rather something completely different.....?
sycasey
oski003 said:

The cynic in all of us takes notice when the son of the sitting VP is selected to serve on the BOD of a shady foreign company @ $50 K per month, then holy smokes he won the lottery again when the PRC decided that Hunter Biden's "hedge fund" was "the" place to park $1.5 Billion. We should all be so lucky, yet something tells me that perhaps this is not the American Dream in action. Rather something completely different.....?

All of this was investigated already. Looks possibly shady on the surface, but nothing was there. Next.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

All of this was investigated already. Looks possibly shady on the surface, but nothing was there. Next.

By who?
Another Bear
I wonder when the Trump Apologist Sycophant Payback Tour begins? Before or after impeachment?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

By who?
Ukraine

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/trump-twists-facts-on-biden-and-ukraine/
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

By who?
Ukraine

In January 2018, Biden disclosed that during a trip to Kyiv he privately warned Ukraine's then-president, Petro Poroshenko, and then-prime minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, that the U.S. would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if Ukraine failed to deal with corruption and remove Shokin as its prosecutor general. (Biden did not say when he made the threat, but he addressed the Ukrainian Parliament in Kyiv on Dec. 9, 2015, and dangled the prospect of future U.S. aid if the country rid itself of the "cancer of corruption." )

Yes, Shokin was investigating Burisma. Yes, there were allegations by allies working with the Obama administration that Shokin wasn't doing enough to thwart corruption, etc...

It is not black and white.

Who is watching the watchmen?
The foxes are (were) guarding the henhouse...

Biden good. Trump bad.

On another note, I attended a talk with George W Bush the other day. It was not a republican event. I was incredibly impressed and a bit surprised at how honest and intelligent he was. He is not like how the media portrayed him at all.
BearlyCareAnymore
oski003 said:

Oski

I think what people don't get is that MANY people who serve on boards of directors have nothing to do with running the company. It is EXTREMELY common to have politically connected people or famous people or community people on the board for one reason or another. For instance, Condaleeza Rice is on boards all over the place. The following are just the ones on her bio:

Quote:

Rice currently serves on the board of Dropbox, an online-storage technology company, C3, an energy software company, and Makena Capital, a private endowment firm. In addition, she is a member of the boards of the George W. Bush Institute, the Commonwealth Club, the Aspen Institute, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Previously, Rice served on various additional boards, including: KiOR, Inc.; the Chevron Corporation; the Charles Schwab Corporation; the Transamerica Corporation; the Hewlett-Packard Company; the University of Notre Dame; the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; and, the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors

I also know that at least in the past Jesse Jackson was very a very popular add to Boards of Directors.

What is more, hiring children of the politically powerful or putting them on boards of directors is extremely common. And I love this quote from a CNBC article:

Quote:

For example, the admission rates for Stanford University (4.8 percent), Yale University (6.3 percent), Harvard University (5.4 percent), and Georgetown Law School (24 percent), are all extremely low. But for each of our last four presidents, the acceptance rate for their children at these schools has been a head-scratching 100 percent.
I don't like it, but it is legal. There has been zero evidence that Hunter Biden did anything beyond what scores of relatives of the rich and powerful have done and frankly the story is being exaggerated by acting like the actions of a company are Bidens actions and the benefits received were received by Biden when neither is true.

If you want to investigate Biden for this, fine. Let's fire up the investigations on everyone, including the Trump family. A lot of politicians would go down including the President, and if you are willing to accept the President going down, I'm willing to throw Biden under the bus. Tell me when you are ready to make that deal.

The laws should be changed. I don't like business as usual that allows children of politicians to take large sums to serve on boards (which is the only thing Hunter Biden did). But it is business as usual.
BearlyCareAnymore
OaktownBear said:

oski003 said:

Oski

I think what people don't get is that MANY people who serve on boards of directors have nothing to do with running the company. It is EXTREMELY common to have politically connected people or famous people or community people on the board for one reason or another. For instance, Condaleeza Rice is on boards all over the place. The following are just the ones on her bio:

Quote:

Rice currently serves on the board of Dropbox, an online-storage technology company, C3, an energy software company, and Makena Capital, a private endowment firm. In addition, she is a member of the boards of the George W. Bush Institute, the Commonwealth Club, the Aspen Institute, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Previously, Rice served on various additional boards, including: KiOR, Inc.; the Chevron Corporation; the Charles Schwab Corporation; the Transamerica Corporation; the Hewlett-Packard Company; the University of Notre Dame; the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; and, the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors

I also know that at least in the past Jesse Jackson was very a very popular add to Boards of Directors.

What is more, hiring children of the politically powerful or putting them on boards of directors is extremely common. And I love this quote from a CNBC article:

Quote:

For example, the admission rates for Stanford University (4.8 percent), Yale University (6.3 percent), Harvard University (5.4 percent), and Georgetown Law School (24 percent), are all extremely low. But for each of our last four presidents, the acceptance rate for their children at these schools has been a head-scratching 100 percent.
I don't like it, but it is legal. There has been zero evidence that Hunter Biden did anything beyond what scores of relatives of the rich and powerful have done and frankly the story is being exaggerated by acting like the actions of a company are Bidens actions and the benefits received were received by Biden when neither is true.

If you want to investigate Biden for this, fine. Let's fire up the investigations on everyone, including the Trump family. A lot of politicians would go down including the President, and if you are willing to accept the President going down, I'm willing to throw Biden under the bus. Tell me when you are ready to make that deal.

The laws should be changed. I don't like business as usual that allows children of politicians to take large sums to serve on boards (which is the only thing Hunter Biden did). But it is business as usual.
oski003
OaktownBear said:

oski003 said:

Oski

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds good to me. Let's make a big deal out of Kushner's dealings and Hunter Biden's dealings where he was paid 50k per month to be on the board of a Ukrainian company after and while being investigated by the U. S. for corruption.

Neither should be elected to be president next term. These type of dealings should be cleaned up.
sycasey
oski003 said:

Biden good. Trump bad.
Well, on the one hand we have lots of hard evidence of Donald Trump's corruption, going back decades.

On the other hand, you have lots of suggestion and innuendo about Biden and his son but no actual evidence.

So yes: Biden good, Trump bad.
BearNIt
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Biden good. Trump bad.
Well, on the one hand we have lots of hard evidence of Donald Trump's corruption, going back decades.

On the other hand, you have lots of suggestion and innuendo about Biden and his son but no actual evidence.

So yes: Biden good, Trump bad.
Finally, he is getting it.
BearlyCareAnymore
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

By who?
Ukraine

In January 2018, Biden disclosed that during a trip to Kyiv he privately warned Ukraine's then-president, Petro Poroshenko, and then-prime minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, that the U.S. would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if Ukraine failed to deal with corruption and remove Shokin as its prosecutor general. (Biden did not say when he made the threat, but he addressed the Ukrainian Parliament in Kyiv on Dec. 9, 2015, and dangled the prospect of future U.S. aid if the country rid itself of the "cancer of corruption." )

Yes, Shokin was investigating Burisma. Yes, there were allegations by allies working with the Obama administration that Shokin wasn't doing enough to thwart corruption, etc...

It is not black and white.

Who is watching the watchmen?
The foxes are (were) guarding the henhouse...

Biden good. Trump bad.

On another note, I attended a talk with George W Bush the other day. It was not a republican event. I was incredibly impressed and a bit surprised at how honest and intelligent he was. He is not like how the media portrayed him at all.
The situations are not remotely similar and only appear so by you leaving out crucial facts.

The issue is not conditioning the provision of aid on a country doing something we want. We do that all the time. The issue is conditioning the provision of aid on doing something the president wants for his political purposes instead of what is in the national interest.

Corruption has been rampant in the Ukraine at all levels including the government. Shokin was flat out corrupt and was not enforcing laws to end corruption. Activists in Ukraine were pushing for his removal. The International Monetary Fund was pushing for his removal. European leaders were pushing for his removal. Republicans in Congress were pushing for his removal. The Obama administration was pushing for his removal. Biden was the conduit for that message.

The message: Your government is corrupt. We are not throwing loan guarantee into a pit of corruption where our money will be misused. Fix your process. Those two items are logically linked

Trump's situation: Congress has passed MILITARY aid to help you fight the Russians. I can delay that aid to really hurt you. I want you to find the Democrats email server and I want you to investigate Joe Biden. Neither of those things have anything to do with the military aid. They are not about cleaning up their system generally. They are about two very narrow subjects that are of minimal import in and of themselves to the two NATIONS. They are only important to Trump. He didn't even try to disguise this by saying I want you to investigate corruption generally including against Americans, wink wink.

Your argument is basically analogous to his:

A city is overrun with organized crime. The police chief is on the take from the mob. The Mayor tells the police commissioner to fire the police chief or he will fire the police commissioner.

That is equivalent to

The Mayor tells the police commissioner to investigate the head of the board of supervisors who is his political rival or he will fire the police commissioner.

Further, I have real issue with asking foreign governments to investigate American citizens. We are America. You do not mess with Americans. The president should have every American's back with the exception of Americans who have joined enemy combatants or terrorists perpetrating crimes against the US from outside our borders. If they have broken US law, the US should be investigating. We don't sic other countries on our people. I feel that way if it is Hunter Biden, Dick Cheney for "war crimes", or the diplomat's wife who killed the British motorcyclist. What has become clear is that with this president, unlike any other, you better be politically on his side or he will not help you.

If I were you I would think about if you really want foreign governments involved in our election process to the extent Trump has involved them. If the Republicans do this and get away with it, the Democrats will have no choice but to go find their own foreign powers to get involved on their behalf. Further, no reputable government would involve themselves in this way, so you are only inviting bad actors in.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

Biden good. Trump bad.

Was that a direct quote from W? If so, please put quotation marks around it.
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

Biden good. Trump bad.

Was that a direct quote from W? If so, please put quotation marks around it.
Even if he didn't say it, I suspect Bush would also agree.
Anarchistbear
Money runs everything in the US. It flows through a labyrinth to Pelosi and McConnell who make legislation for it. It enriches the parties and individuals who leave public service far richer than when they enter it. It doesn't matter whether a pawn like Trump or a pawn like Biden is President
bearister
oski003 said:

tRump knows exactly how Putin became the richest man in the world ($200 to $250B). tRump and his Crime Family will make billions from their reign (stock market manipulation, sweetheart deals with foreign governments trying to court favor with our government, etc.). tRump knows he will get away with all of it because it would be " bad for the Republic" to prosecute him in that it would offend the fat, ignorant, hateful, racist subspecies of the human race that are in his Cult.
blungld
oski003 said:

And of course THIS is the biggest priority not the acts by the president that have national security implications. Nope. The son of an opposition candidate might have received high compensation--and you of course are similarly outraged by all executive compensation, and everyone who gets a sweetheart deal (if he did) and believe that every overseas high salaried person is doing something illegal, right?

So tell me, who is another executive getting high compensation that you believe need be investigated and is way more pressing than the abuse of power, obstruction, and rampant criminality being conducted by the actual person in office?

Do you actually believe your own BS?
oski003
blungld said:

oski003 said:

And of course THIS is the biggest priority not the acts by the president that have national security implications. Nope. The son of an opposition candidate might have received high compensation--and you of course are similarly outraged by all executive compensation, and everyone who gets a sweetheart deal (if he did) and believe that every overseas high salaried person is doing something illegal, right?

So tell me, who is another executive getting high compensation that you believe need be investigated and is way more pressing than the abuse of power, obstruction, and rampant criminality being conducted by the actual person in office?

Do you actually believe your own BS?

THIS is not the biggest priority.
okaydo

Anarchistbear
If it is Biden vs Trump the 2020 election will mostly be about competing corruption narratives about Ukraine.

Trump; "no collusion, no impeachment, Sleepy Joe and his coke head Ukraine bribe taking son
Biden: Ukraine phone calls! Payoffs! Abuse of Power! Quid pro Quo!

This will lead to the same apathy and disengagement as 2016
Another Bear

Speaker Pelosi is correct...all Trump roads lead back to Putin.
bearister
okaydo said:

...and me and most of my peers would have to conduct a treasure hunt to find the handful of pictures our parents took of us. There are messages, both good and bad, there somewhere. The Kardashians probably have their bronzed doo doos in a Swiss vault.

* I plead guilty to having lots of pictures of my kids and using the Layout app for split image age comparisons.
Yogi14
oski003 said:

But whuddabout?....
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.