Breaking News

1,000,417 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by bear2034
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So does Roger Stone deserve his own thread for getting convicted...or add back to the Russkie threads? The old dirty bestard with the Nixon tat finally got pinched. Nah...dirty rog is a footnote. I do wonder if Trump pardons him or lets him eat tossed salad and shower with the Aryan Brotherhood?

golden sloth
And yet 40% of Americans will think the Mueller investigation was still a witch hunt even though, multiple Trump figures central in the investigation have now been convicted of crimes.
oski003
golden sloth said:

And yet 40% of Americans will think the Mueller investigation was still a witch hunt even though, multiple Trump figures central in the investigation have now been convicted of crimes.

Process crimes.
Another Bear
Roger Stone eating tossed salad and showering with the Aryan Brotherhood in the penitentiary will also be a process.
okaydo

bearister
"President Trump blessed and helped win, against the odds, the Florida and Georgia governors races in '18 an astonishing display of political muscle.

This year, in two more conservative states, Trump tries a similar feat Kentucky earlier this month, and Louisiana yesterday and flopped.
In Louisiana, "Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards claimed a second term [last night], winning a stunning victory in a heavily Republican state and beating back repeated attacks," tweets and visits by President Trump, The Advocate of New Orleans reports.

"Edwards defeated Republican businessman Eddie Rispone with about 51% of the vote, polling 40,341 ballots more than his opponent out of more than 1.5 million cast."
How it happened: "Urban ministers, organized labor and black politicians worked for Edwards, the 53-year-old who is the only Democratic governor in the Deep South," per The Advocate.

"Rispone ... had Trump at his side at rallies along with $2 million and 60 paid staffers sent at the last minute from the Republican National Committee and millions more dollars from the Republican Governors Association." Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

"President Trump blessed and helped win, against the odds, the Florida and Georgia governors races in '18 an astonishing display of political muscle.

This year, in two more conservative states, Trump tries a similar feat Kentucky earlier this month, and Louisiana yesterday and flopped.
In Louisiana, "Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards claimed a second term [last night], winning a stunning victory in a heavily Republican state and beating back repeated attacks," tweets and visits by President Trump, The Advocate of New Orleans reports.

"Edwards defeated Republican businessman Eddie Rispone with about 51% of the vote, polling 40,341 ballots more than his opponent out of more than 1.5 million cast."
How it happened: "Urban ministers, organized labor and black politicians worked for Edwards, the 53-year-old who is the only Democratic governor in the Deep South," per The Advocate.

"Rispone ... had Trump at his side at rallies along with $2 million and 60 paid staffers sent at the last minute from the Republican National Committee and millions more dollars from the Republican Governors Association." Axios
Good Stuff. But I have to admit that seeing the name John Bel Edwards scared the hell out of me.

Eddie Rispone? All that money and he still lost......was Fredo his campaign manager??
bearister
Radio host Craig Silverman says he was fired mid-show for criticizing Trump

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/16/craig-silverman-radio-show-donald-trump/

FNC's Wallace Goes on Offense Against Scalise -- 'We're Not Talking About the Whistleblower' | Breitbart

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/17/fncs-wallace-goes-on-offense-against-scalise-were-not-talking-about-the-whistleblower/
concordtom
Breaking News:
Republican congressman Mike Taylor of Ohio is a real prikk!!!
concordtom
bearister said:

Radio host Craig Silverman says he was fired mid-show for criticizing Trump

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/16/craig-silverman-radio-show-donald-trump/

He was on CNN Reliable Sources with Brian Stelter this morning.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

So does Roger Stone deserve his own thread for getting convicted?

Roger Stone deserves with own jail cell, and subsequently his own urn.
bearister
Another Bear
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

So does Roger Stone deserve his own thread for getting convicted?

Roger Stone deserves with own jail cell, and subsequently his own urn.
No separate cell for Roger. He gets two cellmate: Animal and Destroyer. But no, it does not end horribly. Turns out to be a love story.
concordtom
bearister said:

Jesus Christ.
Dude is seriously disturbed.
Someone needs to examine his childhood to figure out what creates a freak like him.
Anarchistbear
bearister said:

And on a night when the attention of many Louisianans was split between the election and the football game between top-ranked Louisiana State and the University of Mississippi, Mr. Edwards ventured an explanation for why voters were comfortable re-electing him.

"It is an easier state to govern when the Saints and LSU are winning," he said in an interview. "People are just in a better mood."

One of our more astute politicians but in the pantheon of Louisiana Governor quotes falls way short of this:

"The only way I can lose is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy."
Edwin Edwards

sycasey
Anarchistbear
Orleans parish is 60% African American. Edwards signed one of the most restrictive abortion laws In the country. He's pro gun and culturally conservative. But he won because of Medicaid expansion, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

But he won because of Medicaid expansion, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers.

All things the GOP definitely does not support.
Anarchistbear
They didn't have Ed Orgeron endorsing him either.

"I know the state of Louisiana believes in him just like a championship quarterback," Orgeron said of Edwards.

bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Jesus Christ.
Someone needs to examine his childhood to figure out what creates a freak like him.

Can you secure extra funding to add Stephen Miller to that study? Do you think there are any former Moonie deprogrammers that can kidnap Miller's fiance and save her?

concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

Orleans parish is 60% African American. Edwards signed one of the most restrictive abortion laws In the country. He's pro gun and culturally conservative. But he won because of Medicaid expansion, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers.

In other words, he's the opposite of me?
Socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
calbearinamaze
Through this example, I wish to express this concern for the Nation:

Our President may soon keel over from the extreme strain of reading off the prompter.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
okaydo

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

Who leaked a photo of T's x-ray from Walter Reed?
BearlyCareAnymore
concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

Is there something about expanding Medicaid, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers that you disagree with?
calbearinamaze
B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

+1000
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

Jesus Christ.

Can you secure extra funding to add Stephen Miller to that study? Do you think there are any former Moonie deprogrammers that can kidnap Miller's fiance and save her?

I dunno. Maybe Miller has a really big.... hand.
concordtom
bearup said:

Our President may soon keel over from the extreme strain of reading off the prompter.

I just realized that Bruce has not only had his face worked on, but he also has a hairpiece and uses tanning creams.
concordtom
OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

Is there something about expanding Medicaid, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers that you disagree with?

Expanding Medicare, show me how it's paid for. I'm into being fiscally sound (against the national debt) and so am loathe to expand it if means risking the US Dollar.

Raising minimum wage, I believe this ships jobs overseas, causes inflation, slows economic activity overall. (My assertion has been countered on BI previously, and caused me to consider a few things about that differently.)

Supporting teachers - I am totally for increasing investment in broad US education!!! Smaller classrooms, higher teacher wages (which would attract better and brighter), and more advanced educational opportunities. Up everything here! Would make us more competitive in the future, (opposite of what raising minimum wages would do).
concordtom
bearup said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

+1000

Huh?
Is that a joke in Trump's heart?
Like, not his emotional heart, we all know he's had that since childhood. I mean, an actual hole in his heart - and it's oozing.
Oh, goodie!!!!!!
Anarchistbear
concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

Expanding Medicare, show me how it's paid for. I'm into being fiscally sound (against the national debt) and so am loathe to expand it if means risking the US Dollar.

Raising minimum wage, I believe this ships jobs overseas, causes inflation, slows economic activity overall. (My assertion has been countered on BI previously, and caused me to consider a few things about that differently.)

Supporting teachers - I am totally for increasing investment in broad US education!!! Smaller classrooms, higher teacher wages (which would attract better and brighter), and more advanced educational opportunities. Up everything here! Would make us more competitive in the future, (opposite of what raising minimum wages would do).

Has it occurred to you that all your political positions are at odds with the party you now proclaim to support?
bearister
concordtom said:

bearup said:

I just realized that Bruce has not only had his face worked on, but he also has a hairpiece and uses tanning creams.

I'm pretty sure former Stones' lead guitarist Mick Taylor has done the same:

Another Bear
golden sloth said:

New poll out: 70% of Americans think the Trump/Ukraine deal was wrong. I think the needle is moving.
B.A. Bearacus

Butt...
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.