Breaking News

1,000,505 Views | 11825 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bear2034
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo

okaydo

concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

Orleans parish is 60% African American. Edwards signed one of the most restrictive abortion laws In the country. He's pro gun and culturally conservative. But he won because of Medicaid expansion, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers.

In other words, he's the opposite of me?
Socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
Is there something about expanding Medicaid, raising minimum wage and supporting teachers that you disagree with?

Expanding Medicare, show me how it's paid for. I'm into being fiscally sound (against the national debt) and so am loathe to expand it if means risking the US Dollar.

Raising minimum wage, I believe this ships jobs overseas, causes inflation, slows economic activity overall. (My assertion has been countered on BI previously, and caused me to consider a few things about that differently.)

Supporting teachers - I am totally for increasing investment in broad US education!!! Smaller classrooms, higher teacher wages (which would attract better and brighter), and more advanced educational opportunities. Up everything here! Would make us more competitive in the future, (opposite of what raising minimum wages would do).

Has it occurred to you that all your political positions are at odds with the party you now proclaim to support?

Perhaps this is what "expanding the tent" is all about. By doing so, the Democratic Party might be able to win the Sebate and the White House - something desperately needed amidst the current Republican Party's war on America.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Butt...

I would buy the explanation for source of sound, except why did it sync perfectly with his body language?
Stalled break in sentence and shoulders raised as if there was body movement going on.

Maybe he was holding it and the pressure got too big - his mind went there mid sentence for a half-second.

It happens. I eat lots of beans, but I'm in location where I can let them flow all the time. Quite pleasurable! There's nothing worse that having gas and not being able to fart.
calbearinamaze
https://thehill.com/media/471614-former-fox-news-anchor-shepherd-smith-donates-500000-to-independent-journalism

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
concordtom
bearup said:

https://thehill.com/media/471614-former-fox-news-anchor-shepherd-smith-donates-500000-to-independent-journalism

Former Fox News anchor Shepard Smith announced that he will personally donate $500,000 to the Committee to Protect Journalists in his first public remarks since resigning from his longtime news organization.

"Intimidation and vilification of the press is now a global phenomenon. We don't have to look far for evidence of that," Smith said at the group's annual International Press Freedom Awards in New York, The New York Times reported. The nonprofit organization works to guard press freedoms around the world.

The crowd, made up of reporters, editors and media executives, gave Smith a standing ovation after his announcement, according to the paper.

The dinner recognized journalists who reported in Brazil, India, Nicaragua and Tanzania, despite intimidation and government oppression. Smith served as emcee, and, although he did not mention Trump by name, he appeared to jab the president in his remarks, the news source reported.

"Our belief a decade ago that the online revolution would liberate us now seems a bit premature, doesn't it?" Smith said. "Autocrats have learned how to use those same online tools to shore up their power. They flood the world of information with garbage and lies, masquerading as news. There's a phrase for that."

Trump frequently criticized Smith, calling him Fox News's "lowest-rated anchor." Smith also called out the White House on air multiple times.

Smith was also sometime at odds with figures at Fox News, including its 8 p.m. host Tucker Carlson.

Smith also called for journalists to stand together to guard press freedoms in his Thursday remarks.

"We know that journalists are sometimes wary of being perceived as activists for some cause," he said. "But press freedom is not the preserve of one political group or one political party. It's a value embedded in our very foundational documents. Journalists need to join hands to defend it."

Smith was employed by Fox News for 23 years. He was part of its founding staff in 1996.
concordtom
Do I understand this correctly?
Has Trump gotten Barr to investigate the FBI so as to discredit that org and their finding of Trump impropriety?
If so, the message is clear: mess with me and I, with the vast powers of my office, will go after you.
Trump has turned the Justice Department into his weapon. Barr is arm in arm with that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/21/fbi-trump-russia-probe-inspector-general-report-072433

I think the next (Dem) President should have a team of investigators look at EVERYTHING Trump/Barr have done and prepare a Warren Report on it to set the historical record straight.

Inspector general report on FBI's Trump-Russia probe due out December 9

Trump allies are eager to see the report, which will explore whether the FBI violated surveillance laws during the 2016 campaign.

A hotly-anticipated inspector general's report on the FBI investigation into the 2016 Trump campaign's ties to Russia will be released next month.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham said Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department's watchdog, will release the report on Dec. 9 and testify before his committee on Dec. 11.

"I look forward to reviewing the report and hearing Mr. Horowitz's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, where he will deliver a detailed account of what he found regarding his investigation, along with recommendations as to how to make our judicial and investigative systems better," Graham said in a statement.

President Donald Trump's allies are eager to see the report, which will examine whether the FBI violated surveillance laws or policies by obtaining a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to look into Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser.

The IG report could also be useful to Michael Flynn, the former Trump national security adviser who pleaded guilty in Robert Mueller's Russia probe in December 2017 but has since hired a combative new attorney who is trying to get the original case tossed out by a federal judge because of what she's called "egregious government misconduct."

"I am looking forward to the long-awaited IG Report!" Sidney Powell, the new Flynn lawyer, said in an email. Her sentencing recommendations are due to U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan on Dec. 10, one day after the release of the IG report. Sullivan has scheduled a tentative sentencing date for Dec. 18.
concordtom
This is my favorite part of the hearings:
Citing many things Trump and his people have done, or claimed they were doing, and each time ending with: "That's not anti-corruption. That's corruption!"

Riff like Schiff!

kelly09
bearup said:

Through this example, I wish to express this concern for the Nation:

Our President may soon keel over from the extreme strain of reading off the prompter.

'If you've lost The Boss, then you've lost America'
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
I've been hurt by one of those IUD thingies. They're spring loaded and Cowell use to hand them out as birth control.
bearister
Greta Thunberg, time traveller? Girl in photo from 1898 resembles activist

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/22/greta-thunberg-time-traveller-1891-photo?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
U2 has been the top touring act in the world over the past 10 years, the trade publication Pollstar reports.

Per the AP: Pollstar says U2 grossed $1.03 billion in ticket sales from November 2009 to November 2019.
U2 was followed by The Rolling Stones ($929 million), Ed Sheeran ($922 million), Taylor Swift (an estimated $900 million), and Beyonc ($857 million). Axios

BearChemist
bearister
If you put all of tRump's kids in a room together and put guns to their heads they wouldn't be able to come up with two brain cells among them to rub together.

Ivanka Trump defends father with fake impeachment quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/23/ivanka-trump-tweet-de-tocqueville-factcheck?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
concordtom
The first few Cal fans to break the dam open are heroes, just as will be the same of the first few Republicans to abandon a sinking ship, thus saving us all from Trumpsanity.

bearister
Someone please explain to me what the difference is.

concordtom
Easy.
The one on the bottom has a major freak in it that goes way beyond whatever may be said about anyone else in either photo.
concordtom
kelly09 said:

bearup said:

Through this example, I wish to express this concern for the Nation:

Our President may soon keel over from the extreme strain of reading off the prompter.

'If you've lost The Boss, then you've lost America'

Maybe Bruce should put together a protest tour in huge stadiums across America. Tickets $20 and all profits goes to defeating Trump, helping charitable causes that Trump said he'd deal with but hasn't.

Bring in other headliners and make it a political musical all-day fest that takes the nation by storm. Saturday and Sunday, each week a new city. And various politician speakers will appear here and there by surprise.

He loves America, and is a voice of dissent from the commonly accepted, which propels our country forward, actually. Static is stale. Question the status quo and invest a better mousetrap. It's the American way.

If any Reds show up, just start the next song.
okaydo
sycasey
concordtom said:

Easy.
The one on the bottom has a major freak in it that goes way beyond whatever may be said about anyone else in either photo.

I dunno, I bet Prince Philip is into some freaky stuff.
Another Bear
Hey his big bro Chucky want to be a tampon to Camilla, per the hacked phone conversation.
bearister
" A confidential White House review of President Trump's decision to place a hold on military aid to Ukraine has turned up hundreds of documents that reveal extensive efforts to generate an after-the-fact justification for the decision and a debate over whether the delay was legal, according to three people familiar with the records.
The research by the White House Counsel's Office, which was triggered by a congressional impeachment inquiry announced in September, includes early August email exchanges between acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and White House budget officials seeking to provide an explanation for withholding the funds after President Trump had already ordered a hold in mid-July on the nearly $400 million in security assistance, according to the three people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal White House deliberations.
One person briefed on the records examination said White House lawyers are expressing concern that the review has turned up some unflattering exchanges and facts that could at a minimum embarrass the president. It's unclear if the Mulvaney discussions or other records pose any legal problems for Trump in the impeachment inquiry, but some fear they could pose political problems if revealed publicly." Washington Post
concordtom
Now accepting prop bets on Trump ordering all such documents and servers to be delivered to his upstairs bedroom for his personal review and then burning theWhite House down.
concordtom
okaydo said:

Nobody in the upper stands!!
concordtom
Another Bear said:

Hey his big bro Chucky want to be a tampon to Camilla, per the hacked phone conversation.

That's gross.
He can't even do dirty talk well.
concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Sleeping with physically matured teens is a lot more understandable than Michael!

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sleepovers with young boys.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Shopping sprees where he walks thru and buys all kinds of stuff, endless stuff.
Dangles own child precariously outside upper story hotel window with blanket over head for press.
Endless crotch grabbing.
Personal doctor to put him to sleep with drugs at night.
Personal doctor F's up and doctor kills him with drugs at night.

What did I miss?
calbearinamaze
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Sleeping with physically matured teens is a lot more understandable than Michael!

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Dangles own child precariously outside upper story hotel window with blanket over head for press.
Endless crotch grabbing.

What did I miss?

You just seriously stepped over THE LINE

BearForce2
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Endless crotch grabbing.

What did I miss?

concordtom
bearup said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Endless crotch grabbing.

What did I miss?

That's just really hard to watch.
Hard to believe it was popular.

And, yes, I forgot the mascara. Prince Andrew's not into that.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

bearup said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Endless crotch grabbing.

What did I miss?

bearister
concordtom said:

What did I miss?

You left out the name of his favorite song:

Another Bear
concordtom said:

bearup said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Easy.

Nose reconstruction.
Skin lightening.
Hair straightened.
Chin dimple.
Other facial stuff.
Sex with young boys.
Talks like a little boy.
Or a mild woman.
Endless crotch grabbing.

What did I miss?

Technically Prince Andy, the Royal Sleaze, is considered a pedo because he had sex with a 17 y.o. girl. That's not a 12 y.o. boy but not exactly kosher either because the victim has come forward. In any case, I was skimming a news article and found his from Prince Andy regarding how he doesn't remember the 17 y.o.:

"And without putting too fine a point on it, if you're a man, it is a positive act to have sex with somebody," Andrew told BBC. "You have to take some sort of positive action, and so, therefore, if you try to forget, it's very difficult to try and forget a positive action, and I do not remember anything."

W.T.F.? Now I know why he's being pulled over hot coals. That interview must have been backwards and dumb.
bearister
Roger Stone trial juror Seth Cousins: We took his rights seriously - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-a-juror-in-roger-stones-trial-we-took-his-rights-seriously/2019/11/22/234d7df0-0d46-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-a-juror-in-roger-stones-trial-we-took-his-rights-seriously/2019/11/22/234d7df0-0d46-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html%3foutputType=amp
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.