Breaking News

1,001,691 Views | 11831 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by dajo9
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Jones (finally) banned from the Google play store:
https://www.wired.com/story/google-bans-infowars-android-app-alex-jones-coronavirus/
B.A. Bearacus
Went on a hike in Marin today. My friend commented on a cute puppy. The owner said they acquired the puppy last week and its name is... Fauci. Loved it.
bearister
Professor Harold Hill said:

chazzed said:

The genius Beck chimes in (thank goodness!):
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/glenn-beck-coronavirus-030743793.html
I was hoping this was the musical genius Beck.

*Before Rod sold out he Rocked Hard as Jeff's lead singer.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
GBear4Life
Gavin Newsom exemplifies why half the country will never tolerate liberals.

sycasey
GBear4Life said:

Shockingly, this leaves out a few details.

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2020/03/29/convicted-tulare-killer-granted-clemency-california-gov-gavin-newsom/2933695001/

1. The guy has been in prison for 24 years.
2. Apparently has maintained good behavior during that time.
3. He's 64 years old now.
4. This action doesn't immediately release the prisoner, just makes him eligible for a parole hearing.

One can disagree with the decision, but it's a little bit more than just letting a violent guy out of prison for no reason other than COVID. And of course, it's not just so he doesn't get COVID, it's also so he's not another person spreading it through the prison system, including to the guards.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/news/2020/03/29/convicted-tulare-killer-granted-clemency-california-gov-gavin-newsom/2933695001/

4. This action doesn't immediately release the prisoner, just makes him eligible for a parole hearing.

One can disagree with the decision, but it's a little bit more than just letting a violent guy out of prison for no reason other than COVID. And of course, it's not just so he doesn't get COVID, it's also so he's not another person spreading it through the prison system, including to the guards.
Murderers being commuted don't bother you, especially when they are well behaved prisoners. Got it. The majority of fair minded people -- not stereotypical redneck republicans -- find this beyond the pale. And they're right.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Murderers being commuted don't bother you, especially when they are well behaved prisoners. Got it. The majority of fair minded people -- not stereotypical redneck republicans -- find this beyond the pale. And they're right.
I believe it's possible some people can be rehabilitated, yes. I think the majority of fair minded people would agree with that as well.

These are complicated decisions.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

I believe it's possible some people can be rehabilitated, yes. I think the majority of fair minded people would agree with that as well.

No, the consensus is you can't rehabilitate violent offenders. The recidivism rate supports this.

Again, this is the culture and value divide that I can't stand behind the Left on. It's not complicated at all. The primary priority isn't "can this subject be rehabilitated" it is public safety. You don't commute murderers. You really shouldn't commute anybody with an extensive violent history.

Your take on this issue is absurd, and thankfully is not held by a majority of Americans. I don't even think the majority of California liberals agree with it, but they don't care enough to comment, a poor refection on their moral compass. Liberals talk about morals and values all the time. They are abject failures on the issue of crime and punishment.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

No, the consensus is you can't rehabilitate violent offenders. The recidivism rate supports this.
Wait, so the recidivism rate is 100%? That's news to me.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Wait, so the recidivism rate is 100%? That's news to me.
I never said that. Nor is that a valid argument. AS if recidivism needs to be 100% or even close to justify the commuting and soft sentencing of violent criminals as a ludicrous proposition.

Keep defending NewScum and this ideology though.
bearister

Cal88
That's kind of an empty gesture/PR stunt for a giant brewery like Guinness, with annual sales in the $billions. Perhaps they should have instead provided an in-kind help package for smaller ailing pubs.
bearister
Well, as I said when d bag Zuckerberg have $25 million, I'm withholding my criticism until I see what the 606 other billionaires in the US give (Gates gave $100 million) and the 135 billion dollar companies give. The tRump Crime Family will give $0.00 but they will squeeze billions out of this somehow.
chazzed
More crazy conspiracy theorists (guess from which side):
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/coronavirus-deniers-take-aim-hospitals-pandemic-grows-n1172336
Anarchistbear
Yogi04

OdontoBear66
Professor Henry Higgins said:

Looks like the thrust to get rid of Biden is coming from all sides. Haha. Dems must get rid of the dilemma they are in.
sycasey
OdontoBear66 said:

Looks like the thrust to get rid of Biden is coming from all sides. Haha. Dems must get rid of the dilemma they are in.
I'm not sure this is really a disadvantage for Biden in a contest against Trump.
AunBear89
sycasey said:

OdontoBear66 said:

I'm not sure this is really a disadvantage for Biden in a contest against Trump.

Of course it is. Creepy Joe! But IOIYAR!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GBear4Life
Fredo-lite tested positive for COVID-19. He said he will still be virtue signaling from his quarantined basement going forward.
okaydo

Yogi04
sycasey said:

OdontoBear66 said:

It's certainly not an advantage for him. But I guess that only matters if he's trying to get named to the Supreme Court.
Yogi04
AunBear89 said:

sycasey said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Of course it is. Creepy Joe! But IOIYAR!
INOFA
okaydo

okaydo
GBear4Life said:

Fredo-lite tested positive for COVID-19. He said he will still be virtue signaling from his quarantined basement going forward.

Eric Trump tested positive!?!!?!?
BearChemist
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

The rule is GB4L doesn't respond to anything associated with Trump's behavior or Trump's criminal gang. But nice try okaydo.
okaydo

GBear4Life
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

Touche!
LMK5
This just in: On Monday, Don Lemon referred to himself as a journalist.
82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

So we got that goin' for us.
chazzed
Loeffler looking worse and worse, by the day:

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/loeffler-reports-more-stock-sales-amid-insider-trading-allegations/YFPDT3pChO873nuzNKa44K/
okaydo
82gradDLSdad said:

okaydo said:

So we got that goin' for us.

GBear4Life
LMK5 said:

This just in: On Monday, Don Lemon referred to himself as a journalist.
Some of the best comedy on cable television is when Don Lemonade and Fredo-Lite are on each other's show.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 339

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.