Breaking News

998,894 Views | 11804 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by 82gradDLSdad
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ohio Teacher Gets Prison for Sex with Students, Including in Car Before School

A former Ohio high school teacher will spend two years in prison after being convicted of having sex with two student on numerous occasions, both in her home and in her car in a park.

Charging documents accused Laura Dunker of six counts of sexual battery four with one student and two with the other. In October, she pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual battery, according to FOX8.

On Thursday, Dunker was given two years in prison for each count, but the sentences will be served concurrently. After her release, she will be on probation for five years.

Dunker will be registered as a Tier III registered sex offender. She will have to re-register every 90 days for the rest of her life.

Dunker, now 31, was once employed at Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio. The alleged incidents occurred between November 1, 2018 and October 19, 2019.

In one instance, according to the indictment, Dunker allegedly picked up one of the students prior to school and had intercourse with him in her car in a park. Two of the other alleged incidents occurred at Dunker's home.

A separate charge accuses Dunker of tampering with evidence on or about November 6, 2019, while "knowing that an official proceeding or investigation was in progress."

Dunker did not speak during sentencing, but the prosecutor said that her crimes were very serious.

"Teachers are expected to be role models to their students and communities which they serve," Prosecutor Michael O'Malley told the court. "She took advantage of these students and now must face the consequences."

...I don't feel tardy
bearister

There will be no Class of 2021 in the Baseball Hall of Fame, as voters pitched a shutout on Tuesday, rejecting all 25 candidates for enshrinement in Cooperstown.
By the numbers: The top three candidates Curt Schilling (71.1%), Barry Bonds (61.8%) and Roger Clemens (61.6%) all fell short of the 75% needed.
What they're saying: Schilling, who was just 16 votes short, shared a letter on Facebook ripping baseball writers and asking to be taken off the ballot in 2022.
Top vote-getters:
Schilling: 71.1%
Bonds: 61.8%
Clemens: 61.6%

Scott Rolen: 52.9%
Omar Vizquel: 49/1%
Billy Wagner: 46.4%
Todd Helton: 44.9%
Gary Sheffield: 40.6%
Andruw Jones: 33.9%
Jeff Kent: 32.4%
Of note: This is just the ninth time the Baseball Writers' Association of America did not elect a Hall of Fame candidate, and the fourth since rules were changed to eliminate the runoff elections in 1968.

What's next: Voters have 10 years to consider candidates, and Schilling, Bonds and Clemens have lingered on the ballot for nine.

So next year's election will be the writers' final referendum on all three controversial players.
If they're not elected, their fate will fall to a 16-person panel of Hall of Famers, team officials and historians known as the veterans' committee. Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
Next year's Hall of Fame vote will be interesting. A-Rod and Big Papi will be on the ballot. I suspect the writers really want to vote for Papi, but he was also named on the steroid reports. Can they justify voting him in but keeping Bonds/Clemens out?
concordtom

Mellisa Carone revealed that she now plans to run for office in Michigan, to represent the state's 46th District.

Wow.
That news made me want to watch her SNL skit again.

concordtom
sycasey said:

Next year's Hall of Fame vote will be interesting. A-Rod and Big Papi will be on the ballot. I suspect the writers really want to vote for Papi, but he was also named on the steroid reports. Can they justify voting him in but keeping Bonds/Clemens out?
So, cycling and baseball have shown us (among non-German female swimmers) just how significant steroid use benefits can be.

How come there has not been a similar scandal in the NBA and NFL?

sycasey
concordtom said:

How come there has not been a similar scandal in the NBA and NFL?
concordtom
concordtom
Big C
concordtom said:

Ohio Teacher Gets Prison for Sex with Students, Including in Car Before School

A former Ohio high school teacher will spend two years in prison after being convicted of having sex with two student on numerous occasions, both in her home and in her car in a park.

Charging documents accused Laura Dunker of six counts of sexual battery four with one student and two with the other. In October, she pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual battery, according to FOX8.

On Thursday, Dunker was given two years in prison for each count, but the sentences will be served concurrently. After her release, she will be on probation for five years.

Dunker will be registered as a Tier III registered sex offender. She will have to re-register every 90 days for the rest of her life.

Dunker, now 31, was once employed at Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio. The alleged incidents occurred between November 1, 2018 and October 19, 2019.

In one instance, according to the indictment, Dunker allegedly picked up one of the students prior to school and had intercourse with him in her car in a park. Two of the other alleged incidents occurred at Dunker's home.

A separate charge accuses Dunker of tampering with evidence on or about November 6, 2019, while "knowing that an official proceeding or investigation was in progress."

Dunker did not speak during sentencing, but the prosecutor said that her crimes were very serious.

"Teachers are expected to be role models to their students and communities which they serve," Prosecutor Michael O'Malley told the court. "She took advantage of these students and now must face the consequences."

...I don't feel tardy

Those two boys will be damaged for life! (mainly nerve damage from the millions of high fives they will be getting)
bearister
Thank God Melatonin is keeping up her tireless efforts:

Melania Trump setting up post-White House office in Florida

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/melania-trump-post-white-house-office-florida

...as Jerry Lewis used to say, "It's about the children."

bearister
tRump Golf Count

https://trumpgolfcount.com/
concordtom
Does the Kremlin have some sex videos on Kevin McCarthy?
bearister
Shadow government?

*I'm just a little jealous of tRump's impressive set of large white gnashers...mine are at the don't smile or trim your beard stage.
bearister
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Shadow government?

*I'm just a little jealous of tRump's impressive set of large white gnashers...mine are at the don't smile or trim your beard stage.

I have good teeth but slightly brown teeth. I normally don't care even when my wife and daughter gang up on me about them. For my niece's wedding they convinced me to try whitening strips. Just plain ones that you can get anywhere and wear for a week or so for an hour (?) a day. They worked. My teeth were noticeably whiter. I haven't worn them since but if your teeth bug you give them a try. Trump probably pays someone to wear them for him.
concordtom
bearister said:

Well, geez - what happened to that guy???
concordtom
bearister said:

Shadow government?

Strategies about who they have dirt on and how they are going to use it to coerce them.
Because, you know, with some people if you come right out and say, "We are going to do this if you vote against", they will take that threat face on. Some it works with, but others you have to go at it differently, like, pulling instead of pushing. Maybe some want cash.

I'm sure the Kremlin has the science all figured out and is advising! Kevin will be the "inside man" from here on out.
bearister
bearister
bearister
"An NBA center hasn't won MVP since the Clinton administration, but Nikola Jokic and Joel Embiid could put an end to that streak this season.

Jokic is averaging 26.8 points, 11.8 rebounds, 8.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game all career highs, and numbers only Russell Westbrook has ever reached.

He tied a career-high with 47 points on Sunday, as the Nuggets snapped the Jazz's 11-game
winning streak.
Wild stat: Jokic and Bill Walton are the only players since the ABA-NBA merger to open a season with 20 consecutive double-doubles.
Embiid is averaging 28.3 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.3 blocks ... in just 31.7 minutes per game.

He has the 76ers sitting atop the East, and he's torching the nets from everywhere, including hitting 40.4% of his threes.
Wild stat: Embiid is on pace to join Stephen Curry as the only players to finish a season with a usage rate higher than 30% and a true shooting percentage north of .650, per The Ringer." Axios

https://images.axios.com/9OlMD4KM1Xl3Svbj_IJxLJfIubs=/0x92:5184x3008/1920x1080/2021/02/01/1612166500885.jpg
bearister
"Flynn went berserk. The former three-star general, whom Trump had fired as his first national security adviser after he was caught lying to the FBI (and later pardoned), stood up and turned from the Resolute Desk to face Herschmann.

"You're quitting! You're a quitter! You're not fighting!" he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: "Sir, we need fighters."

...Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the f@uck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your a@ss down." Flynn sat back down.

... At one point, with Flynn shouting, Byrne raised his hand to talk. He stood up and turned around to face Herschmann. "You're a quitter," he said. "You've been interfering with everything. You've been cutting us off."

"Do you even know who the f@uck I am, you idiot?" Herschmann snapped back.

"Yeah, you're Patrick Cipollone," Byrne said.

"Wrong! Wrong, you idiot!"

Off the rails: Inside the craziest meeting of the Trump presidency - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
Eastern Oregon Bear
After reading that Axios article, it's unlikely I will ever buy anything from overstock.com. Their CEO is a total loon. Otherwise, the meeting described was about what I would have guessed. Insanity run amuck with saner heads trying to keep a lid on things. Sad and pathetic. Also, more than a bit terrifying.
okaydo

okaydo
I just gone mine. This is pretty cool.

smh
spoiler..
> Danielle Baskin, the SF-based artist behind the prank, had no idea the website she crafted to back up the fake service would receive 495 applicants, all hoping for a crest of their own.
https://bluecheckhomes.com
> List [ name/email ]
> all your accounts (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) that represent you
bearister
okaydo said:

I'm pretty sure people like the Capitol Building Insurrectionists view that as a bullseye.
bearister
Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" influences still felt 50 years later - Axios

https://www.axios.com/marvin-gaye-whats-going-on-50th-anniversary-96b92d3d-7833-41d3-b5c0-ad6e994a74ba.html
bearister
"Gaye released the "What's Going On" single after co-writer and Four Tops member Renaldo "Obie" Benson saw police in Berkeley, Calif., brutality beat anti-Vietnam War protesters."

Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" influences still felt 50 years later - Axios

https://www.axios.com/marvin-gaye-whats-going-on-50th-anniversary-96b92d3d-7833-41d3-b5c0-ad6e994a74ba.html
okaydo
bearister
" Smartmatic's defamation lawsuit is here, targeting Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Fox News, and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro.

The big picture: The $2.7 billion suit is the second big defamation case against Powell and Giuliani, who were sued by Dominion last month, Axios' Sara Fischer and Oriana Gonzalez report.

The 285-page lawsuit accuses the defendants of lying about Smartmatic to convince the public that the 2020 presidential election was plagued with fraud.
"They needed a villain.
Defendants invented one."
Fox News statement: "FOX News Media is committed to providing the full context of every story with in-depth reporting and clear opinion. We are proud of our 2020 election coverage and will vigorously defend this meritless lawsuit in court."

Flashback: Earlier this week, NewsMax co-anchor Bob Sellers cut off MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a Trump ally, when he tried to make such claims.

Following threats from Dominion in December, Fox News aired a video interview debunking claims made on the network that Smartmatic software was used to "delete, change or alter anything to related to vote tabulation." Axios

*You can rest assured that some of the individual defendants are burying their assets in holes. They are all criminal element. Fox News will be writing a multi million dollar check. Why?
Because that is what Fox News does. Ask Bill O'Reilly and the string of women that he harassed.
okaydo
okaydo
This guy runs the Houston Texans.

concordtom
bearister said:

"An NBA center hasn't won MVP since the Clinton administration, but Nikola Jokic and Joel Embiid could put an end to that streak this season.

Jokic is averaging 26.8 points, 11.8 rebounds, 8.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game all career highs, and numbers only Russell Westbrook has ever reached.

He tied a career-high with 47 points on Sunday, as the Nuggets snapped the Jazz's 11-game
winning streak.
Wild stat: Jokic and Bill Walton are the only players since the ABA-NBA merger to open a season with 20 consecutive double-doubles.
Embiid is averaging 28.3 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.3 blocks ... in just 31.7 minutes per game.

He has the 76ers sitting atop the East, and he's torching the nets from everywhere, including hitting 40.4% of his threes.
Wild stat: Embiid is on pace to join Stephen Curry as the only players to finish a season with a usage rate higher than 30% and a true shooting percentage north of .650, per The Ringer." Axios

https://images.axios.com/9OlMD4KM1Xl3Svbj_IJxLJfIubs=/0x92:5184x3008/1920x1080/2021/02/01/1612166500885.jpg
And if you were drafting a new team, who would you draft #1, #2, #3, #4, #5....

I suppose it depends on who you thought you might be able to get after your top choice to fill out your roster, but me? I'd take Kevin Durant.
30.8 ppg
7.5 rebs
5.2 ass
45% FG
57% 3FG
88% FT

That's not just the amazing 40-50-90 shooting %'s, he's blowing it away (don't worry, the 88 will be 90)

Since the NBA introduced the three-point field goal in the 197980 season, the 504090 shooting threshold has been reached by just eight players:

Larry Bird (2x) with the Boston Celtics
Malcolm Brogdon with the Milwaukee Bucks
Stephen Curry with the Golden State Warriors
Kevin Durant with the Oklahoma City Thunder
Reggie Miller with the Indiana Pacers
Steve Nash (4x) with the Phoenix Suns. FOUR TIMES?!?!
Dirk Nowitzki with the Dallas Mavericks
Mark Price with the Cleveland Cavaliers

Curry is the only one to do it at 30 ppg. (30.06)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%E2%80%9340%E2%80%9390_club
concordtom
That was a terrible routine. Why?
concordtom
okaydo said:

Man, that would be THE worst thing EVER.
(okay, not quite as bad as having to call Trump "president", but close)
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.