Breaking News

983,382 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2021 Big Wave Event:

100 Foot Wave (TV Series 2021 ) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14126234/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
1 year ago today, John Mulaney checks into rehab and Olivia Munn tweets this.

Since then:

okaydo
Also tweeted 1 year ago today

bearister
Why U.S. companies keep caving to China - Axios

https://www.axios.com/why-us-giants-keep-caving-to-china-d2768f92-02bf-42e9-86d7-1430d7f3a700.html

*I like the comment from Dick Pound of the IOC. On an related note, I have the utmost respect for anyone whose full name constitutes a stand alone complete sentence or sounds like the name of a venereal disease. Mr. Pound hits a two bagger with his name.
B.A. Bearacus
Not often do you see a KO look like this. Probably good exposure for Dude Wipes.

concordtom
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-madison-cawthorn-wife-divorce-001939084.html

And this one is funny.
Reading his statement, all I can think of is Darth Vader.
My work or my wife? The power of the dark side is just too tempting.

Put on the black helmet, buddy.
Unit2Sucks
lol
Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Not often do you see a KO look like this. Probably good exposure for Dude Wipes.

Boxers and boxing fans everywhere are embarrassed by this display between an MMA guy and a YouTuber. Looked like a real punch though, I guess. Most of Jake and Logan Paul's punches are as fake as their lives.
concordtom
Good recap of Natalie Wood death, probably slugged unconscious by husband Robert Wagner.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/natalie-wood-death-dark-water-030000780.html
concordtom
Good post re munn and mulvaney.
What is it about famous people where they often must go for other famous people?
I was gonna say rebound sex for munn after Rodgers, but then look at him with the race car driver and now with the actress.
And mulvaney ditches his wife because, why?

So how long until these two new parents break up?
okaydo
concordtom said:

What is it about famous people where they often must go for other famous people?
I was gonna say rebound sex for munn after Rodgers, but then look at him with the race car driver and now with the actress.

Rodgers and Munn broke up in early 2017. And early 2017 is almost 5 years ago.

Famous people go for other famous people because they could relate to each other?

I would have sympathy for Mulaney's ex if she didn't milk the breakup for all it's worth, and that tells me more about their relationship. Perhaps he was just miserable.
concordtom
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

Rodgers and Munn broke up in early 2017. And early 2017 is almost 5 years ago.

Famous people go for other famous people because they could relate to each other?

I would have sympathy for Mulaney's ex if she didn't milk the breakup for all it's worth, and that tells me more about their relationship. Perhaps he was just miserable.

5 years?
Time flies.

https://instagr.am/p/CX4p9hevzdB
calbearinamaze
Big C said:

Boxers and boxing fans everywhere are embarrassed by this display between an MMM guy and a YouTuber. Looked like a real punch though, I guess. Most of Jake and Logan Paul's punches are as fake as their lives.
My evil twin would like to see Dana White get beaten to a proverbial pulp...for real.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
B.A. Bearacus
Big C said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Boxers and boxing fans everywhere are embarrassed by this display between an MMA guy and a YouTuber. Looked like a real punch though, I guess. Most of Jake and Logan Paul's punches are as fake as their lives.

Unfortunately, boxing's best years are long gone and will never come back so perhaps I scoff less that there are novelty matches like this (did not watch the fight-- just the viral clip). This KO stood out to me as I can't recall the last time I saw a boxer's body go from being punched to hitting the canvas so cleanly face first.
Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Big C said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Unfortunately, boxing's best years are long gone and will never come back so perhaps I scoff less that there are novelty matches like this (did not watch the fight-- just the viral clip). This KO stood out to me as I can't recall the last time I saw a boxer's body go from being punched to hitting the canvas so cleanly face first.

You're probably right about boxing, which is unfortunate, because it is a great martial art. Even the current guys, among the best of them there is some serious skill there. Take a guy like Canelo Alvarez, even though he is not thought of as a defensive fighter, no way in the world he gets hit with a shot like that. (And he is from the school of boxing where he will take some shots, in order to land his own.) First of all, he wouldn't get fooled by his opponent looking towards the body, but going to the head. Second, he would be subtly moving so the shot wouldn't land that solidly.

YouTubers, Jesus Christ. And yes, I realize those guys are making millions, but what a world we are becoming.
bearister
That is why the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was a fraud. Under MMA rules, McGregor would have Mayweather on the mat and tapping out in less than 60 seconds.
Conversely in a boxing match, without clinching, Mayweather would KO McGregor in 60 seconds. In their boxing match Mayweather sparred with McGregor to allow the PPV customers to think they got their moneys worth.

MMA guys are sh@it boxers and boxers are sh@it wrestlers.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister
Never fear, it will trickle down…..or go up to space or into the Metaverse.

How much money the 10 richest people in the world made in 2021

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/30/how-much-money-the-10-richest-people-in-the-world-made-in-2021.html

bearister
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water:

A rogue wild boar charged at a surfer on the water in Hawaii

https://www.sfgate.com/hawaii/article/Wild-boar-attacked-surfer-in-Hawaii-16736378.php

Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

https://www.sfgate.com/hawaii/article/Wild-boar-attacked-surfer-in-Hawaii-16736378.php

Interesting story and after reading it, I'm fairly sure your animated gif is from somewhere else. Kudos for finding one with a wild boar on a beach. However, why did the guy bring a shovel to the beach?
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

bearister said:

Interesting story and after reading it, I'm fairly sure your animated gif is from somewhere else. Kudos for finding one with a wild boar on a beach. However, why did the guy bring a shovel to the beach?

You are too sharp.

Wild Boar Came Out Of The Baltic Sea To Reign Terror On Beachgoers

https://uproxx.com/viral/wild-boar-comes-out-of-baltic-sea/

It reminds me of an undoubted apocryphal story circulating in the Bay Area 20+ years ago:

A couple was sailing in the SF Bay when the saw a dog drowning in the water by the Golden Gate Bridge. They got it aboard and wrapped it in a blanket and brought it home. They had to go out that evening so they left the sleeping dog in the blanket in their garage. When they got home later that evening they found:

A hole eaten in their garage door. A hole eaten in the door from the garage to their house. Their home was completely ransacked and destroyed. No sign of the dog.
They called the police. Two hours after that they were advised by animal control that they had captured the beast and that what they had fished out of the bay was not a dog but an 80 pound rodent that had probably fallen off a freighter from China.

okaydo

This isn't interesting father-son bonding story.

okaydo
BearForce2
It's 2022 and the top trends are Dr. Malone and Let's Go Brandon.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

It's 2022 and the top trends are Dr. Malone and Let's Go Brandon.

Perhaps those are the top trends in the "for you" section of Twitter trends. But in the U.S., the top trends as of 1 p.m. PT (not long after your post) are:

bearister
New York A.G. Seeks to Question Trump Children in Fraud Inquiry DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2022/01/03/new-york-a-g-seeks-to-question-trump-children-in-fraud-inquiry/
bearister
Kimberly Guilfoyle engaged to Trump Jr. | TheHill

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/588059-kimberly-guilfoyle-engaged-to-trump-jr

*My guess is that this is all about being able to assert spousal testimonial privilege in the numerous upcoming multiple criminal prosecutions.
B.A. Bearacus
Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Can't be long before a number of SEC football players turn NFTs like this into NIL.
okaydo
okaydo
Does anybody know if hanky1 has a British accent?

bearister
Landmine-hunting hero rat dies in Cambodia after stellar career

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/landmine-hunting-hero-rat-dies-in-cambodia-after-stellar-career?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister

Photo: David S. Bustamante/Getty Images

SANTANDER, Spain Natxo Gonzalez is thrown from his board during La Vaca Gigante, a big wave surfing event in northern Spain. Gonzalez, who grew up near Bilbao, went on to win the event. Axios
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Photo: David S. Bustamante/Getty Images

SANTANDER, Spain Natxo Gonzalez is thrown from his board during La Vaca Gigante, a big wave surfing event in northern Spain. Gonzalez, who grew up near Bilbao, went on to win the event. Axios

As someone who is not comfortable in the water this picture scares the **** out of me. I can barely wade into the SF Bay up to my ankles.
bearister
America's labor shortage is bigger than the pandemic - Axios

https://www.axios.com/labor-shortage-jobs-immigration-pandemic-460d8d4d-5575-4d5f-af26-be469ba12cf2.html
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.