Breaking News

988,882 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

Good post re munn and mulvaney.
What is it about famous people where they often must go for other famous people?
I was gonna say rebound sex for munn after Rodgers, but then look at him with the race car driver and now with the actress.
And mulvaney ditches his wife because, why?

So how long until these two new parents break up?

Rodgers and Munn broke up in early 2017. And early 2017 is almost 5 years ago.

Famous people go for other famous people because they could relate to each other?

I would have sympathy for Mulaney's ex if she didn't milk the breakup for all it's worth, and that tells me more about their relationship. Perhaps he was just miserable.

I saw a story on it by her earlier today. Big spread with photos!!
concordtom
bearister said:

That is why the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was a fraud. Under MMA rules, McGregor would have Mayweather on the mat and tapping out in less than 60 seconds.
Conversely in a boxing match, without clinching, Mayweather would KO McGregor in 60 seconds. In their boxing match Mayweather sparred with McGregor to allow the PPV customers to think they got their moneys worth.

MMA guys are sh@it boxers and boxers are sh@it wrestlers.

So, who ultimately ended up winning?
concordtom
bearister said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle engaged to Trump Jr. | TheHill

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/588059-kimberly-guilfoyle-engaged-to-trump-jr

*My guess is that this is all about being able to assert spousal testimonial privilege in the numerous upcoming multiple criminal prosecutions.

Is that a thing?
Legally???
concordtom
okaydo said:

Does anybody know if hanky1 has a British accent?

The amazing thing about this video is that long messy blond is apparently a big hit in English middle aged men!
Who knew?!?!
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Photo: David S. Bustamante/Getty Images

SANTANDER, Spain Natxo Gonzalez is thrown from his board during La Vaca Gigante, a big wave surfing event in northern Spain. Gonzalez, who grew up near Bilbao, went on to win the event. Axios

As someone who is not comfortable in the water this picture scares the **** out of me. I can barely wade into the SF Bay up to my ankles.

Seriously?

Honestly, how did that come to be?
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

The amazing thing about this video is that long messy blond is apparently a big hit in English middle aged men!
Who knew?!?!
I feel like some middle aged men are just proud they still have hair ...
bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

That is why the Mayweather vs McGregor fight was a fraud. Under MMA rules, McGregor would have Mayweather on the mat and tapping out in less than 60 seconds.
Conversely in a boxing match, without clinching, Mayweather would KO McGregor in 60 seconds. In their boxing match Mayweather sparred with McGregor to allow the PPV customers to think they got their moneys worth.

MMA guys are sh@it boxers and boxers are sh@it wrestlers.

So, who ultimately ended up winning?

It was a boxing match. Mayweather sparred with the Leprechaun for 9 rounds and then humanely ended it by TKO in the 10th.

10th round
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2

More than $10M worth of masks, protective gear left in the rain outside Bay Area event center
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

SANTANDER, Spain Natxo Gonzalez is thrown from his board during La Vaca Gigante, a big wave surfing event in northern Spain. Gonzalez, who grew up near Bilbao, went on to win the event. Axios

As someone who is not comfortable in the water this picture scares the **** out of me. I can barely wade into the SF Bay up to my ankles.

Seriously?

I have no idea. Growing up in SF there wasn't a big reason to take up swimming. I got lucky and finally learned how to swim at 14, in the ocean no less. I did a bit of swimming as a late teen at Olympic Club. And then nothing really after that. I'm just not comfortable in big or dark bodies of water. My family laughs when I tell them I'm a bit uncomfortable putting my arms in the water late at night in my in-laws above ground pool. Dark water, mind plays tricks.
bearister
sonofabear51
Holy Wah!!
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
For Russia, Afghanistan Redux

" Most experts agree that Russia's vastly superior army, air force and navy could quickly seize Ukrainian territory. But Andriy Zagorodnyuk, Kyiv's former defence minister, says the Kremlin's conscript-heavy military will immediately face resistance, should it try to occupy towns and cities. Volunteers such as Filimonov and small army groups will launch bloody partisan attacks. "There is definitely no panic. I don't see any panic at all," Zagorodnyuk told the Observer. He acknowledged Ukraine's relative military weakness but he said Kyiv had around 500,000 soldiers including reservists. It was ready for guerrilla war "on a huge scale", he said." The Guardian

sycasey
bearister said:

I lived near that bridge for a couple of years.
sonofabear51
Tsunami after effects at the Ventura Harbor. Not terribly spectacular, but this is still a pretty big deal I think. No joke. I was just a little kid when the Alaska earthquake and resulting tsunami hit Crescent City. Both Anchorage and CC were totally devastated.

Not my video.
Start Slowly and taper off
concordtom
After this Ventura guy finished his curiosity recording, the full force of the tsunami arrived.

Didn't they advise people to head for high ground, and not be lured by the fascination of it all?
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

Seriously?

I have no idea. Growing up in SF there wasn't a big reason to take up swimming. I got lucky and finally learned how to swim at 14, in the ocean no less. I did a bit of swimming as a late teen at Olympic Club. And then nothing really after that. I'm just not comfortable in big or dark bodies of water. My family laughs when I tell them I'm a bit uncomfortable putting my arms in the water late at night in my in-laws above ground pool. Dark water, mind plays tricks.

Cool.

I used to swim a ton.
Pool, lake, ocean...Waves, behind a boat...
I never had any fearful thoughts - I scoffed at any notion of needing a life jacket. It just got in the way.

Then many years passed without swimming and I became a parent, and weaker. I can't recall when, but the reality of "if someone goes down in this water, there's no finding them" hit my head. Now I'd be way more cautious.
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

More than $10M worth of masks, protective gear left in the rain outside Bay Area event center

That's f***ing pathetic.

Somebodies need to be fired!
What facility employees unload boxes like that to be exposed to the elements?????
You're so fired!!!
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Who knew?!?!
I feel like some middle aged men are just proud they still have hair ...

No. I think they are wanting to appeal to the common man , for votes.

And if the common man in England looks like that these days, they're in trouble. Just like if the common man in US talks and acts like Trump these days, we're in trouble!!
bearister

B.A. Bearacus
No doubt a great accomplishment. Not having thought about marathons in a while, I do wonder if the international association that sets rules has established any new guidelines for shoes based on the new breed of turbo powered Nikes. Look at those outsoles.

https://instagr.am/p/CY2RDBdLSY1
bearister
Mayors feel powerless to reduce homelessness - Axios

https://www.axios.com/mayors-feel-powerless-to-reduce-homelessness-02bf5af5-b16d-4abe-9456-25bf1d458fe9.html

Earth's climate went off the rails in 2021, reports show - Axios

https://www.axios.com/earth-sixth-warmest-year-extreme-climate-3abecdc0-790f-4c17-b4ee-05a65cb8e71f.html
bearister
Trump Organization valued Ivanka's Park Avenue apartment at $25m

https://mol.im/a/10418857
AunBear89
bearister said:

The best part of this story is that Eric (aka Dumber) invoked the 5th over 500 times:

"Even as prosecutors seek to compel testimony from Ivanka and Don Jr., they note that Eric Trump, who helped run the company while his father was in office, refused to answer numerous questions.
'Asked to explain various aspects of the 2012 and 2013 valuations, Eric Trump repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment privilege,' prosecutors write. They note that he did so when questioned about valutations of the Seven Springs resort.
He acted as a 'liason' on the project that led to a 'multi-million benefit' to his father.
'For his part, Eric Trump has asserted his Fifth Amendment privilege in declining to answer OAG's questions on these matters,' according to prosecutors.
During his 2020 interview, 'Eric Trump ... invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in response to more than 500 questions over six hours.'
Prosecutors printed verbatim a speech he gave when asked a question about 'basic background information.'"

What was it that his daddy said about people who invoke the 5th? Hmmm...

Just like its base, the GQP leadership is a bunch of flaming hypocrites.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
AunBear89 said:

bearister said:

The best part of this story is that Eric (aka Dumber) invoked the 5th over 500 times:

"Even as prosecutors seek to compel testimony from Ivanka and Don Jr., they note that Eric Trump, who helped run the company while his father was in office, refused to answer numerous questions.
'Asked to explain various aspects of the 2012 and 2013 valuations, Eric Trump repeatedly invoked his Fifth Amendment privilege,' prosecutors write. They note that he did so when questioned about valutations of the Seven Springs resort.
He acted as a 'liason' on the project that led to a 'multi-million benefit' to his father.
'For his part, Eric Trump has asserted his Fifth Amendment privilege in declining to answer OAG's questions on these matters,' according to prosecutors.
During his 2020 interview, 'Eric Trump ... invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in response to more than 500 questions over six hours.'
Prosecutors printed verbatim a speech he gave when asked a question about 'basic background information.'"

Serious question: How do you know he's "Dumber" and not the other one?
AunBear89
Big C said:

AunBear89 said:

bearister said:

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/585b00f2a6b0a7ec2adf0a24/3:2/w_1998,h_1332,c_limit/t-trump-family-men-opener.jpg

Very true. Hard to tell.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister

What is she morphing into?
AunBear89
bearister said:

What is she morphing into?

This guy:
Big C

Apparently the women in the Trump sphere never got the memo that, when you start having hard-core work done on a regular basis, it eventually catches up to you. She's enough to give someone nightmares. I'm guessing Gavin Newsom alternates between thanking his lucky stars and having those nightmares.
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

bearister said:

Eric Trump asserted the 5th Amendment every 40 seconds for six straight hours? Did he answer any questions at all?

Lawyer: "Please state your name for the record."

Eric Trump: "I respectfully invoke my rights under the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution on the grounds that answering this question may incriminate me."
OsoDorado
Big C said:

AunBear89 said:

bearister said:

No need to distinguish. They're both Fredo Jr. (and Trump himself is just Fredo Sr.)
bearister
"Low first-year turnover among President Biden's senior staff marks a "return to normalcy" and a sign of stability after the Trump years, Axios' Sophia Cai writes from a Brookings Institution report.

The departure of just five of 66 "A-Team" officials (senior executive-office positions that don't require Senate confirmation) puts Biden's departure rate as the third-lowest since Ronald Reagan's presidency above only the two Bushes.
President Trump lost 23 of a core group of 65 in his first year." Axios
okaydo
It's been a while since I've seen a person die on live TV.

Warning: Video contains footage of a guy dying on live TV.

okaydo

bearister
Inside US lab that's keeping frozen bodies and heads of 200 people in hope they can be brought back to life

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4535228/lab-keeping-frozen-bodies-heads-brought-back-life/

okaydo
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.