Breaking News

982,285 Views | 11785 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He faces life in prison....

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/02/nyregion/deliveryman-shooting-queens-arrest.html

okaydo
Lying = okay.

Unit2Sucks
Not what the framers had in mind.

BearForce2
okaydo said:

Lying = okay.

Lying = okaydo
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
Happy Platinum Jubilee!

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
Disgusting behavior from yet another major religious organization. Maybe evangelicals should spend less time demonizing the LGBTQ+ community and more time focusing on eliminating abuse by their churches. Decades of horrible abuse and coverups by people who pretend to follow Jesus' teachings but we're in fact demonizing victims in order to protect themselves and the hundreds of abusers.

Quote:

CNN)Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) mishandled allegations of sexual abuse, intimidated victims and their advocates, and resisted attempts at reform over the course of two decades, according to an explosive report released Sunday by a third-party firm.
"Survivors and others who reported abuse were ignored, disbelieved, or met with the constant refrain that the SBC could take no action," the report found, "even if it meant that convicted molesters continued in ministry with no notice or warning to their current church or congregation."

According to the report on the investigation conducted by Guidepost Solutions, survivors of abuse and other persons within the Southern Baptist community contacted the SBC Executive Committee (EC) to make them aware of child molestation and other forms of abuse committed by people employed by the church as well as those who were at the pulpit, but were met with inaction.

"This is huge. There were many who told us we were wrong to say that sexual abuse in the Southern Baptist Convention is a crisis, said Russell Moore, a theologian and columnist for Christianity Today, in an interview with CNN's Tom Foreman on Monday. "This report reveals that crisis is too small of a word. This is an apocalypse, an unveiling, a meltdown."
okaydo
This looks delicious.

bearister
Anger Management - Slack Tide by Matt Labash

https://mattlabash.substack.com/p/anger-management
okaydo
Congrats to ULCA.

Unit2Sucks
In case we needed another reminder that the bought and paid for conservative supreme court doesn't really care about the bill of rights.

Quote:

A series of recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions have made it practically impossible to sue a federal officer over an alleged constitutional rights violation. In a 6-3 ruling released today, the Court doubled down on this regrettable trend.

The case is Egbert v. Boule. At issue were the actions of a border patrol agent who sought to question one of the guests at a Washington state bed-and-breakfast about the guest's immigration status. When owner Robert Boule told the agent, Erik Egbert, to leave his property, Egbert allegedly assaulted Boule. Then, when Boule complained about the alleged assault to the agent's superiors, Egbert allegedly retaliated by asking the IRS to investigate Boule, who was audited. Boule sued Egbert for violating his Fourth Amendment rights (the assault) and his First Amendment rights (the retaliation against Boule's complaint).

bearister

Father and son killed in latest tragedy as Isle of Man TT death toll rises to five | Isle of Man TT | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/10/father-and-son-team-die-in-latest-isle-of-man-tt-tragedy-to-take-death-toll-to-five?

okaydo
My 2 favorite actors interviewing each other.

okaydo
Oh man. Why didn't htp post about this.

BearForce2

Just a friendly reminder.....
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo
Herschel is the kind of family values candidate heltopia loves.

bearister
bearister
" In the metaverse, future surgeons will be able to practice advanced procedures hundreds of times before seeing real patients helping them gain experience and master their skills.

The metaverse may be virtual, but the impact will be real." Axios

When it was announced that Mark Zuckerberg's Metaverse avatar will need a lobotomy because of its violent proclivities, 10,000 virtual doctors volunteered to perform the procedure. A lottery will be held and the winner announced next week.

okaydo
Random trivia: Paul McCartney turns 80 on Saturday. Brian Wilson turns 80 on Monday.

Brian Wilson is also the subject of a new American Masters documentary released this week.

bearister
The odds of Brian Wilson making 80 are the same as any of us making 120.
sycasey
bearister said:

The odds of Brian Wilson making 80 are the same as any of us making 120.

He has had plenty of bed rest.
bearister
When I started to read these CDC avoidance rules, I got light headed, tingly and then fainted.

How to have SEX with monkeypox: Bizarre CDC guide revealed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10923921/How-SEX-monkeypox-Bizarre-CDC-guide-revealed.html
okaydo
Delicious!

okaydo
Nvm
okaydo
Interesting interview with a musician.

okaydo
So I'm watching the Brian Wilson documentary, and there's one point where the guy interviewing him tells him that former Beach Boys producer Jack Rieley died. And Wilson is completely gobsmacked. "When did he die?" he asks. "Oh, 2 or 3 years ago," the interviewer responds. And Wilson is overcome with emotions and starts tearing up.

(Much of the documentary is of a Rolling Stone journalist driving Wilson around in a car and them chatting. Also, Taylor Hawkins is in the documentary.)

But ...wait a second.

When Jack Rieley died in 2015, Wilson paid tribute to him in separate Facebook and Twitter posts.

So I guess he has nothing to do with his social media. Anyways, it was really odd.

oski003
For Bearister.

Meta launches online store to purchase clothes for your avatar

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/06/22/zuckerberg-meta-avatar-fashion-moos-pkg-vpx.cnn
Big C
okaydo said:

So I'm watching the Brian Wilson documentary, and there's one point where the guy interviewing him tells him that former Beach Boys producer Jack Rieley died. And Wilson is completely gobsmacked. "When did he die?" he asks. "Oh, 2 or 3 years ago," the interviewer responds. And Wilson is overcome with emotions and starts tearing up.

(Much of the documentary is of a Rolling Stone journalist driving Wilson around in a car and them chatting. Also, Taylor Hawkins is in the documentary.)

But ...wait a second.

When Jack Rieley died in 2015, Wilson paid tribute to him in separate Facebook and Twitter posts.

So I guess he has nothing to do with his social media. Anyways, it was really odd.

It's hard to accept, but some Baby Boomers' minds are starting to get a little mushy.

Wait, have I posted this before?
okaydo
Big C said:

okaydo said:

But ...wait a second.

It's hard to accept, but some Baby Boomers' minds are starting to get a little mushy.

Wilson isn't a boomer, just like the current president (born a few months after Wilson). But I see your point.
82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

okaydo said:

But ...wait a second.

I forget stuff. I have a deal with my wife, when I call her because I forget how to get home I'll see someone. She's not really ok with that but...
bearister

* The only Beach Boy songs I truly love are the ones Brian sings lead on (although Carl kills it on God Only Knows and a couple of others).
Big C
okaydo said:

Big C said:

okaydo said:

But ...wait a second.

Wilson isn't a boomer, just like the current president (born a few months after Wilson). But I see your point.

I thought I would take the obligatory, gratuitous shot at Boomers...

Wait, am I a Boomer?
Sebastabear
bearister said:

* The only Beach Boy songs I truly love are the ones Brian sings lead on (although Carl kills it on God Only Knows and a couple of others).
On my phone I could only see the actors names right below the pictures and above the title. My main thoughts were "That's a weird wig to put on Paul Giamatti" and "What in the name of God has happened to Elizabeth Banks"?
smh
> I thought I would take the obligatory, gratuitous shot at Boomers...
> Wait, am I a Boomer?

grab from wiki-wiki..
> Baby Boomers, often shortened to Boomers, are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The generation is often defined as people born from 1946 to 1964 during the post-World War II baby boom

signed, not dead yet(?) // fledgling class of 194x
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
okaydo
Random fact: The Philippines will have a vice president of Jewish descent before the United States.

The incoming vice president's mom's last name is Zimmerman, who is the ex-wife of the current president.
okaydo
Yeah republicans.

First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.