Breaking News

980,986 Views | 11776 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by movielover
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Well Nancy said crime isn't a top problem for the american people, so this is probably a one off.

You're on record as supporting political violence, so thanks for weighing in.

I never defend violence.
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Well Nancy said crime isn't a top problem for the american people, so this is probably a one off.

I never defend violence.
I'm not sure how your video is relevant here. Are you saying Pelosi was in favor of rioting in Seattle? Or Okaydo?

BearFarce always had lots of video of the Pelosi driveway including poop and vandalism. I wonder where he was this morning?
MinotStateBeav
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I never defend violence.
I'm not sure how your video is relevant here. Are you saying Pelosi was in favor of rioting in Seattle? Or Okaydo?

BearFarce always had lots of video of the Pelosi driveway including poop and vandalism. I wonder where he was this morning?
Biggest purveyors of violence always point to someone else.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

I never defend violence.

I wonder if you're able to make a stronger statement, if you will condemn the multitude of violent actions and words against the Pelosis, including by Kevin McCarthy who said it would be hard to not hit Nancy on the head when he takes the gavel from her.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I never defend violence.

Which seems to be exactly what you have done by including a video of Seattle protests/violence in your weak statement above.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

Dude, seriously get a hold of yourself. Glib snide partisan jabs on the heels of scary violence is disgusting. I know these aren't really your values. Be enough of a human to rise above what tribalism is doing to your brain. Seriously, knock it off.
MinotStateBeav
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Dude, seriously get a hold of yourself. Glib snide partisan jabs on the heels of scary violence is disgusting. I know these aren't really your values. Be enough of a human to rise above what tribalism is doing to your brain. Seriously, knock it off.
hrmmm no i don't think i will. I distinctly remember you clowns celebrating Rand Paul being assaulted MULTIPLE times. Feel free to pull up news articles about dems mocking him.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

Mods please. We have another poster here who has and is crossing the line (especially this last month). He doesn't seem to be able to self-regulate or contribute non-trolling, non-hateful posts. He is strictly insults and arguments and just keeps going further. It's time to step in and add him to the list of the banned.
MinotStateBeav
concordtom said:

MinotStateBeav said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I never defend violence.

Which seems to be exactly what you have done by including a video of Seattle protests/violence in your weak statement above.
"Protests"...you see any protesters there?
MinotStateBeav
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Mods please. We have another poster here who has and is crossing the line (especially this last month). He doesn't seem to be able to self-regulate or contribute non-trolling, non-hateful posts. He is strictly insults and arguments and just keeps going further. It's time to step in and add him to the list of the banned.
What insult did I use? clown? That hurt you? lol.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

hrmmm no i don't think i will. I distinctly remember you clowns celebrating Rand Paul being assaulted MULTIPLE times. Feel free to pull up news articles about dems mocking him.
Whatabout....?

I did not do that. You are talking to me, not "dems." If that did happen, it in no way gives you the greenlight to do the same and be a jerk. And we are talking about here on these boards. Show me the BI poster who "celebrated Rand Paul being assaulted multiple times." I would condemn that.

Can you not even see the gaping logic in what you just posted. It sounds like you think that celebrating Paul's violence is wrong...and so therefore the conclusion would be to not do it yourself, but rather you seem to want to always point to what you think someone else did as an excuse for you to do it, rather than make sure NO ONE does it. Have a moral compass and stick to it.
oski003
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Don't have such a hysterical hissy fit. The first post was tribal and it wasn't Minot. It was Eastern Oregon Bear. You can't just cry when the other side politicizes these things. Cry when your side does too.

"High profile political spouses get hospitalized in home invasion hammer attacks all the time. I'm sure it was just a homeless person looking for crack."
oski003
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Which is exactly what Eastern Oregon did, but you only cry and threaten bans when Minot does it.

The first reply to the news...
"High profile political spouses get hospitalized in home invasion hammer attacks all the time. I'm sure it was just a homeless person looking for crack."
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

No. That didn't hurt me. But I take it that your defensive reaction means that you know inside that you are going too far and don't like this side of you. Maybe instead of the reflex to defend yourself and just go further, be a bigger man and apologize (maybe that is a bridge too far?) or at the very least just take the temperature down, go back to a pre-Trump Minot, and get a grip of yourself. I'll say it agin. You used to be somewhat reasonable. Your devotion to your politics has changed you and I don't think that is really who you are or what you really stand for or how you want to be in the world.

Just take a look at this. Maybe this isn't you either?

It wasn't me.
MinotStateBeav
I would show you examples but the search function won't go farther than 1 year out.
blungld
oski003 said:

Which is exactly what Eastern Oregon did, but you only cry and threaten bans when Minot does it.

No, I didn't cry nor do I "threaten bans" as an ongoing activity to Minot. I just right now (as in once) suggested that Minot should be banned as a result of the overall tone and trolling nature of his posts, the way they have trended, the past few months. He has reached the level of non-communication and advocating uncivil discourse and action that I (as in this is my opinion) he should be banned. It would be great if he could get himself under control and just have discussions here, but he seems incapable of doing that and frankly appears to like trolling and attacking posters and getting them angry: "owning the Libs."

I don't think that's what these boards are for. Do you? Do you think if you read his posts 10 years ago you would have said, boy the internet will really become great and that looks like a reasonable way to communicate to other people?

Again, the subject here is Minot. You especially (as do all the right leaning posters) really like to change the subject in your posts. By comparing Minot to Eastern Oregon it sounds like you are saying that you agree that Minot is bad, but you also think Eastern is bad. But you never say that. You skip the first part. If you want to make a case for banning me or Eastern, go for it, but we are in agreement that what Minot has been posting is bad as evidenced by your use of him as a measuring stick against Eastern?
MinotStateBeav
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

No. That didn't hurt me. But I take it that your defensive reaction means that you know inside that you are going too far and don't like this side of you. Maybe instead of the reflex to defend yourself and just go further, be a bigger man and apologize (maybe that is a bridge too far?) or at the very least just take the temperature down, go back to a pre-Trump Minot, and get a grip of yourself. I'll say it agin. You used to be somewhat reasonable. Your devotion to your politics has changed you and I don't think that is really who you are or what you really stand for or how you want to be in the world.

It wasn't me.
We're in a depression and our government is dumping money fresh off the presses. They're working with tech companies to ban their political opponents. Our government just moved nukes to Europe and we're the delusional ones? If I seem defensive at times, that's because we're talking politics. It's not for everyone, if you don't want to participate, there are other places to hang out. You and your amigos seem to think this space is only for you to pat each other on the back, it's not.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

I would show you examples but the search function won't go farther than 1 year out.
Then how about just be against violence and start there now? And we can all denounce violence together no matter who is attacked or their political party. Okay?
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

Did you take a look at the article?
concordtom
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Then how about just be against violence and start there now? And we can all denounce violence together no matter who is attacked or their political party. Okay?

Friend, don't waste time with this "clown". He's here because he has "fun" antagonizing people. He said so himself.
MinotStateBeav
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I didn't say anything pro violence so, this straw man you keep throwing out there looks pathetic. Keep crying for me to be banned, but you can put me on ignore and not read anything I write.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

It wasn't me.
We're in a depression and our government is dumping money fresh off the presses. They're working with tech companies to ban their political opponents. Our government just moved nukes to Europe and we're the delusional ones? If I seem defensive at times, that's because we're talking politics. It's not for everyone, if you don't want to participate, there are other places to hang out. You and your amigos seem to think this space is only for you to pat each other on the back, it's not.
That is completely wrong. I very much want to participate in political talk and there are really serious issue at play in the world in country. That's why I come to these boards, for political talk and to discuss these problems. What I don't come here for is the type of banter you have perpetuated and gone further with. Political talk doesn't have to sound like the way you do it. That's a false assumption. I would be very interested in you expressing your concerns and what you think should be done about them. But that doesn't seem to be what you do. Your opinions are seemingly always coached in attacks or insults (and often contain a lot of misinformation). An actual political talk would be that you state your concern and proposed solution. Then you listen to another person's reaction and perhaps their solution. And the two of you bring some light and understanding to the topic.

But you don't do the listening part. And you don't present issues in the affirmative here is what I think. You present issues largely as "here is what you think" or "here is what the Dems are doing". That is tribal culture war stuff tat takes no responsibility for self or your own thoughts. It is aggressive and trolling. The problem isn't that I am such a wuss that I can't take earnest political talk. The problem is that you are not actually participating or creating earnest political talk. See the difference?
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I didn't say anything pro violence so, this straw man you keep throwing out there looks pathetic. Keep crying for me to be banned, but you can put me on ignore and not read anything I write.
It's a shame that this is all you are taking away from my sincere attempt to communicate. Am I wrong to try? You just come here to argue and don't care if you are part of a community and how you can best be a part of it? I would think that how long-standing members react to you would be important information. I know it would effect me tremendously the advice given to me by others here on the board.
MinotStateBeav
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

It wasn't me.
That is completely wrong. I very much want to participate in political talk and there are really serious issue at play in the world in country. That's why I come to these boards, for political talk and to discuss these problems. What I don't come here for is the type of banter you have perpetuated and gone further with. Political talk doesn't have to sound like the way you do it. That's a false assumption. I would be very interested in you expressing your concerns and what you think should be done about them. But that doesn't seem to be what you do. Your opinions are seemingly always coached in attacks or insults (and often contain a lot of misinformation). An actual political talk would be that you state your concern and proposed solution. Then you listen to another person's reaction and perhaps their solution. And the two of you bring some light and understanding to the topic.

But you don't do the listening part. And you don't present issues in the affirmative here is what I think. You present issues largely as "here is what you think" or "here is what the Dems are doing". That is tribal culture war stuff tat takes no responsibility for self or your own thoughts. It is aggressive and trolling. The problem isn't that I am such a wuss that I can't take earnest political talk. The problem is that you are not actually participating or creating earnest political talk. See the difference?
I generally only insult as a form of humor, but if I'm being thrown insults, I respond in kind. Thanks for the lesson on how to argue, but we have about 3 conservatives on this board (all of whom you guys try to get banned) who get dog piled by your team, the rest of us got banned by your side because you don't like "how we argue". Apparently its a serious conservative trait to make libs super mad. We can't help it. Showing your hypocrisy isn't trolling, its holding up a mirror.
DiabloWags

"Police have confirmed the suspect's name. David Depape is a Berkeley resident. What are Depape's politics and was he on social media? On a blog and website, he was fixated on censorship and made anti-Semitic comments. In one post, he ranted about government attempts to control information, calling for the arrest of journalists from prominent news organizations. Online records give Depape's age as 42.

On a WordPress blog, Depape ranted about censorship by the "elites" and "ruling class." He also appears to have a website that reads "da Jews." Sixteen hours ago, he posted the headline, "Why Colleges are becoming Cults." He ranted about movies, writing, "The critics are f****** commie gate keepers. They love the sh******* movies ever as long as those movies are sh**** because they where…" You can read more about the suspect's writings later in this article.

Some of his posts referred to former President Donald Trump. "Either Q is Trump himself or Q is the deepstate moles within Trumps inner circle. So Q/Trump sabotaged their child trafficking operations. #2 self inflicted wound. Trumps covert id or a Deep state mole? Was Q refering to this? Did Q do this? another video," he wrote, referring to QAnon.

In another post, he wrote, "The more Ukrainians die NEEDLESSLY the cheaper the land will be for Jews to buy up." His website has posts on pedophiles, aliens, COVID, Communism, what he called "climate hysteria" and more. It is filled with conspiracy theories and other ramblings."

David Depape, Paul Pelosi Suspect: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Don't have such a hysterical hissy fit. The first post was tribal and it wasn't Minot. It was Eastern Oregon Bear. You can't just cry when the other side politicizes these things. Cry when your side does too.

I don't see what I posted as "tribal". In the light of breaking news with few details, I was pointing out rather sarcastically that an attack inside the home of a polarizing political figure was likely to be politically motivated. I would have felt the same way if it happened at Mar-A-Lago or the home of MTG. I was right given what has been reported so far. That it was apparently a far leftist rather than a far rightist doesn't change the fact that a hammer attack on an octogenarian is despicable.

Update: After reading the post above mine, I'll say the assailant's politics have yet to be determined beyond a reasonable doubt.
WalterSobchak
MinotStateBeav said:

but if I'm being thrown insults, I respond in kind.
LOL no you don't. You run and hide.
wraptor347
The tweet suggests he's far left but his recent activity on social media suggests he was deep in the Q-hole.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html
sycasey
wraptor347 said:

The tweet suggests he's far left but his recent activity on social media suggests he was deep in the Q-hole.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html
Exactly what I was thinking. Being a Q-Anon guy isn't far-left.

Though we may be seeing some Horseshoe Theory in action here as the conspiracists on both political extremes meet up.
oski003
blungld said:

oski003 said:

No, I didn't cry nor do I "threaten bans" as an ongoing activity to Minot. I just right now (as in once) suggested that Minot should be banned as a result of the overall tone and trolling nature of his posts, the way they have trended, the past few months. He has reached the level of non-communication and advocating uncivil discourse and action that I (as in this is my opinion) he should be banned. It would be great if he could get himself under control and just have discussions here, but he seems incapable of doing that and frankly appears to like trolling and attacking posters and getting them angry: "owning the Libs."

I don't think that's what these boards are for. Do you? Do you think if you read his posts 10 years ago you would have said, boy the internet will really become great and that looks like a reasonable way to communicate to other people?

Again, the subject here is Minot. You especially (as do all the right leaning posters) really like to change the subject in your posts. By comparing Minot to Eastern Oregon it sounds like you are saying that you agree that Minot is bad, but you also think Eastern is bad. But you never say that. You skip the first part. If you want to make a case for banning me or Eastern, go for it, but we are in agreement that what Minot has been posting is bad as evidenced by your use of him as a measuring stick against Eastern?

The subject is actually the attack on Paul Pelosi. You and others made it about Minot. Thanks.
DiabloWags
wraptor347 said:

Once you go down that rat "hole" there is no turning back.
I have first-hand personal experience knowing a guy that became totally "radicalized" by Q-Anon.

A family man in his late 30's, wife, two young kids, bouncing around from one self-employed gig to another and spending THOUSANDS OF HOURS on the INTERNET into the wee hours of the morning drinking all kinds of Q-Anon "Kool-Aid".

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

I generally only insult as a form of humor, but if I'm being thrown insults, I respond in kind. Thanks for the lesson on how to argue, but we have about 3 conservatives on this board (all of whom you guys try to get banned) who get dog piled by your team, the rest of us got banned by your side because you don't like "how we argue". Apparently its a serious conservative trait to make libs super mad. We can't help it. Showing your hypocrisy isn't trolling, its holding up a mirror.
I think you'll find (and probably already know this) that the posters here are pretty bright. We can tell the difference between intelligent discourse and trolling. We are also not so thin-skinned that we ban people for disagreeing with us. Do you sincerely understand the difference between discussion and debate versus arguing, insulting, and trolling? There is a big difference and the only calls for bans has been when the trolling has mounted over a long long time and the offenses have gotten so egregious and despicable that the cohesion, compatibility, and enjoyment of all outweighs the access of the negative, instigating, and false voice. It's never the case that a liberal on the board has said, "Oh my, that conservative made a really good point, quick gag them! Or. "That really well presented argument burns my tender little snowflake ears, ban him!" You know this isn't the case so why even make that argument?

Also, I partly make my living writing comedy, so I am also pretty adept at spotting humor, and when someone is "only insulting as humor" and when they just say that after the fact as an excuse for being insulting. Here's a hint, if the person you direct it at doesn't laugh, it probably isn't humor. Especially when the people who DO laugh are laughing at the target of your insult and their laughter is that of satisfaction of a putdown. That isn't humor. It's a mean-spirited conversation-killing attack.

Lastly, as soon as your "defense" or mea culpa uses words like team and side, it should be a big flag to yourself (it is to everyone else) how you see things and how you "argue." You are not speaking for yourself or speaking to another person. You are representing and defending an ideology and probably repeating propaganda or speaking points. I, as you see in these posts for example, am able to speak for myself, express my own opinion clearly, and can directly address you as a person.
blungld
oski003 said:

Don't have such a hysterical hissy fit.
Hissy fit? You really think that describes what I did? I reacted to a post by Minot. Expressed my reaction clearly. If you disagree or think it was subjective or hypocritical, fine. But it's pretty weak to have to discount other's opinions as hissy fits so that you don't have to consider them or that you can write them off as "crazy." Are women who complain "hysterical" too?
blungld
oski003 said:

The subject is actually the attack on Paul Pelosi. You and others made it about Minot. Thanks.
That is what the first post is about, the thread that you interjected yourself in was not about that, but nice smug parsing. Think you made a good important point that added anything? I don't. But you did do a really good job of totally ignoring what I said and not responding to the substance of my post.
oski003
blungld said:

oski003 said:

That is what the first post is about, the thread that you interjected yourself in was not about that, but nice smug parsing. Think you made a good important point that added anything? I don't. But you did do a really good job of totally ignoring what I said and not responding to the substance of my post.

Unit2 posted the news. Eastern Oregon made a snarky remark mocking Republicans. Minot made a snarky comment mocking Democrats. Minot got ganged up on and your contribution was an emotional plea for him to be sensitive, along with agreeing with the thought patrol that he should be banned. Cheers all around.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.