Breaking News

979,850 Views | 11774 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by movielover
wraptor347
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cite your source.
okaydo
How it started:

How it's going:

movielover
wraptor347 said:

Cite your source.

Our goverment "estimates" on illegal immigrants has long been wildy inaccurate.

1. When Reagan was president, the estimate was 1 million illegal immigrants; 3.5 million signed up. (3.5 error rate.)

2. A consulting firm around 2000 estimated the number of illegal immigrants far higher than the Federal government. They looked at hospital usage, school enrollment, etc.

3. For years, the Federal government has estimated that 11 million illegal immigrants reside here. And the number never changes.

The Hill: Yale, MIT study: 22 million, not 11 million, undocumented immigrants in US

"According to the report, the number of undocumented immigrants could be as low as 16.5 million, or as high as 29.1 million."

"...The researchers emphasized the new number does not imply a growth in illegal immigration but a longstanding miscount of existing undocumented immigrants."

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-yale-mit-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us/

The researchers state their bias before implementing their models.

PLOS ONE, September 21, 2018

"The results, published in PLOS ONE, surprised the authors themselves. They started with the extremely conservative model and expected the results to be well below 11.3 million.

says Edward Kaplan, the William N. and Marie A. Beach Professor of Operations Research at the Yale School of Management.
"Instead of a number which was smaller, we got a number that was 50% higher. That caused us to scratch our heads." "

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

4. Illegal immigration during Biden Administration

Arrests along U.S.-Mexico border top 2 million a year for the first time

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/19/u-s-mexico-border-arrests-record-2022/

Ranking Member Fleischmann on Two Million Illegal Border Crossings in 2022

http://fleischmann.house.gov/media/press-releases/ranking-member-fleischmann-on-two-million-illegal-border-crossings-in-2022
DiabloWags
okaydo said:

How it started:

How it's going:

LOVE THIS!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

wraptor347 said:

Cite your source.

Our goverment "estimates" on illegal immigrants has long been wildy inaccurate.

1. When Reagan was president, the estimate was 1 million illegal immigrants; 3.5 million signed up. (3.5 error rate.)

2. A consulting firm around 2000 estimated the number of illegal immigrants far higher than the Federal government. They looked at hospital usage, school enrollment, etc.

3. For years, the Federal government has estimated that 11 million illegal immigrants reside here. And the number never changes.

The Hill: Yale, MIT study: 22 million, not 11 million, undocumented immigrants in US

"According to the report, the number of undocumented immigrants could be as low as 16.5 million, or as high as 29.1 million."

"...The researchers emphasized the new number does not imply a growth in illegal immigration but a longstanding miscount of existing undocumented immigrants."

https://thehill.com/latino/407848-yale-mit-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us/

The researchers state their bias before implementing their models.

PLOS ONE, September 21, 2018

"The results, published in PLOS ONE, surprised the authors themselves. They started with the extremely conservative model and expected the results to be well below 11.3 million.

says Edward Kaplan, the William N. and Marie A. Beach Professor of Operations Research at the Yale School of Management.
"Instead of a number which was smaller, we got a number that was 50% higher. That caused us to scratch our heads." "

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

4. Illegal immigration during Biden Administration

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/19/u-s-mexico-border-arrests-record-2022/

Ranking Member Fleischmann on Two Million Illegal Border Crossings in 2022

http://fleischmann.house.gov/media/press-releases/ranking-member-fleischmann-on-two-million-illegal-border-crossings-in-2022

Your text reads as if to say 2m border crossers; it is actually 2M arrests. The actual number of crossings would be much higher (the vast majority of the 2M arrests are likely released into the US + all those not caught).
sycasey
movielover said:

2 million arrests? I thought Biden had brought us an open border.
movielover
Correct, we won't know for years. And we can do away with the fallacy of 11 Million illegal immigrants.

Now voting problems, again, in swing states.

wraptor347
Huh?

Because 4m were *arrested* at the border past 2 years you think 5m entered and are still in the US? How does that make sense? NM that many of those are repeat offenders.

The Yale study predates Biden. If you think there are 5m illegal immigrants from last 2 years, what do u think the number is for the prior 2 years?

Btw, here's a fun quote from the article you linked regarding the Yale study:
"Both methods found that the greatest growth of the undocumented population happened in the 1990s and early 2000s. Both found that the population size has been relatively stable since 2008."

And another fun quote about the "dangers" of illegal immigration:
"He points out that previous studies, based on the widely accepted total of 11.3 million undocumented immigrants, found that the rate of serious crimes committed by these immigrants is lower than for U.S. citizens. The new findings suggest that the rate is even lower than previously believed"
tequila4kapp
sycasey said:

movielover said:

2 million arrests? I thought Biden had brought us an open border.
Caveat that I definitely could be wrong, but I think it is the Catch and Release program where "catch" = "arrest"
tequila4kapp
wraptor347 said:

Huh?

Because 4m were *arrested* at the border past 2 years you think 5m entered and are still in the US? How does that make sense? NM that many of those are repeat offenders.

The Yale study predates Biden. If you think there are 5m illegal immigrants from last 2 years, what do u think the number is for the prior 2 years?

Btw, here's a fun quote from the article you linked regarding the Yale study:
"Both methods found that the greatest growth of the undocumented population happened in the 1990s and early 2000s. Both found that the population size has been relatively stable since 2008."

And another fun quote about the "dangers" of illegal immigration:
"He points out that previous studies, based on the widely accepted total of 11.3 million undocumented immigrants, found that the rate of serious crimes committed by these immigrants is lower than for U.S. citizens. The new findings suggest that the rate is even lower than previously believed"
Not all of us care about immigration because of crime. My g/father came here from Portugal and followed the rules. I'm all for legal immigration. Can't stand the idea of illegal immigration.
smh
> Can't stand the idea of illegal immigration.

neither did our indian friends
signed, 1/16th cherokee-american
ps: global warming sinks all boats
tequila4kapp
smh said:

Come on, we are talking about today not hundreds of years ago.

Signed,
Also Cherokee-American (maternal g/mother born and raised on the reservation in Oklahoma)
movielover
smh said:

Also Native American.

P.S. Global Warming is a hypothesis; and how many millions or billions of tons of CO2 went into the air bc whacky Democrat leaders block responsible Forrest management- logging, thinning, cutting fire trails, controlled burns, etc. We have new "Super Fires" bv of these policies and "let it burn" idiocy (see Yellowstone).
movielover
Who ever hired Flounder?

cbbass1
movielover said:

smh said:

Also Native American.

P.S. Global Warming is a hypothesis; and how many millions or billions of tons of CO2 went into the air bc whacky Democrat leaders block responsible Forrest management- logging, thinning, cutting fire trails, controlled burns, etc. We have new "Super Fires" bv of these policies and "let it burn" idiocy (see Yellowstone).
Lack of management & "let it burn" policies did more damage to U.S. forests 10 to 30 years ago. Today, and for the last 10 years, the effects of Climate Change have surpassed those of ineffective management. "Fire Season," which used to be from June through October, now lasts the entire year.

Climate Change / "Global Warming" is a reality, regardless of how much oil companies pay to deny it.

And just one 'r' in 'forest', BTW.
movielover
cbbass1 said:

movielover said:

smh said:

Also Native American.

Lack of management & "let it burn" policies did more damage to U.S. forests 10 to 30 years ago. Today, and for the last 10 years, the effects of Climate Change have surpassed those of ineffective management. "Fire Season," which used to be from June through October, now lasts the entire year.

Climate Change / "Global Warming" is a reality, regardless of how much oil companies pay to deny it.

And just one 'r' in 'forest', BTW.

So we're decades behind.

We also have the whacky Sierra Club that sued to remove logging trails, so firefighters can't get to a fire. And few logging (no?) logging companies. Governor Newsom recently gave out false thinning information (lied?).
oski003
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/crypto-billionaire-bankman-fried-loses-entire-fortune-in-one-day/ar-AA13Thix?li=BBnbfcL

Crypto is in a tailspin right now after a ruling this past Monday hinted that it may be a security, which needs to be registered and regulated.
concordtom
Biden was just asked who would be tougher to take on as an opponent, DeSantis or Trump.

His answer: "it would be fun watching them take on each other."

Ha! Indeed!
Meow meow knockdown.
oski003
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/lsu-gymnast-making-dollar2m-a-year-for-racy-posts-is-slammed-by-top-coach/ss-AA13UEBC?li=BBnbfcL#image=1

LSU gymnast making $2M a year for racy posts is slammed by ...

The furdie basketball coach!
DiabloWags
Looks like I was right about Furd Crypto Alum Sam Bankman-Fried
My quote from seven months ago:

DiabloWags said:

The challenge that SBF will face is if he is able to "de-risk" at some point before that "crash" happens.

Sam Bankman-Fried's $16B crypto fortune shrinks to $1 billion in hours (nypost.com)

Has he lost his mind?
He's tweeting stuff on Twitter that will clearly be used against him.

SBF (@SBF_FTX) / Twitter

Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

The challenge that SBF will face is if he is able to "de-risk" at some point before that "crash" happens.

Sam Bankman-Fried's $16B crypto fortune shrinks to $1 billion in hours (nypost.com)

Has he lost his mind?

SBF (@SBF_FTX) / Twitter

The honesty is refreshing but it's clear he didn't run that past his lawyers. I don't think public displays of remorse will ease his legal woes too much.
Unit2Sucks
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Has he lost his mind?

SBF (@SBF_FTX) / Twitter

The honesty is refreshing but it's clear he didn't run that past his lawyers. I don't think public displays of remorse will ease his legal woes too much.
Maybe not unrelated.

Quote:

One challenge: Most of FTX's legal and compliance staff quit Tuesday evening, people familiar with the matter told Semafor, leaving few executives who could answer questions that now loom large over the firm.

DiabloWags

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Has he lost his mind?

SBF (@SBF_FTX) / Twitter

This clown is in so much trouble I cant even begin to tell you.

YOU DO NOT use customer funds to plug holes in one of your leaky ships.

This isnt just some story about Crypto having gone wrong.
Crypto is just the asset/product that was being used.

This same thing has happened in the equity market with brokers and clearing firms trying to support horribly wrong positions that were LEVERAGED.

Sam Bankman-Fried secretly transferred FTX customer funds to Alameda Research after his trading firm suffered losses in the spring, report says (yahoo.com)
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Has he lost his mind?

SBF (@SBF_FTX) / Twitter

This clown is in so much trouble I cant even begin to tell you.

YOU DO NOT use customer funds to plug holes in one of your leaky ships.

This isnt just some story about Crypto having gone wrong.
Crypto is just the asset/product that was being used.

This same thing has happened in the equity market with brokers and clearing firms trying to support horribly wrong positions that were LEVERAGED.

Sam Bankman-Fried secretly transferred FTX customer funds to Alameda Research after his trading firm suffered losses in the spring, report says (yahoo.com)

Ouch! He's toast. He'll never be able to defend that in court.
DiabloWags

Exactly.
And the fact that he's gone on a Twitter diatribe just goes to show you that he lacks common sense.

As I posted back in April when he was worth north of $20 Billion, his challenge was gonna be to DE-RISK himself.
Instead, he did the exact OPPOSITE.
movielover
DiabloWags said:

Exactly.
And the fact that he's gone on a Twitter diatribe just goes to show you that he lacks common sense.

As I posted back in April when he was worth north of $20 Billion, his challenge was gonna be to DE-RISK himself.
Instead, he did the exact OPPOSITE.

Stoner?
movielover
Did The Big Guy get his 10%?

okaydo
okaydo
tequila4kapp
okaydo said:

Wow
movielover
^^ Woke Liberalism ^^

Bay Area attorney Harmeet Dhillion and her client Chloe are suing Kaiser over a teenage transgender surgery. Finally! What madness. Litigation stops mutilation?

movielover
movielover
A third Democrat I like - Quentin Kopp.

https://westsideobserver.com/news/quentin.html
calbear93
okaydo said:

It was all as she had prophesied.
calbear93
movielover said:

^^ Woke Liberalism ^^

Bay Area attorney Harmeet Dhillion and her client Chloe are suing Kaiser over a teenage transgender surgery. Finally! What madness. Litigation stops mutilation?

When does personal accountability and parental oversight come into play? Seems very woke to blame others for all her problems.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.