Breaking News

978,273 Views | 11763 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Lululemon apparel? Dudes shop there?

It's 2023: We get pregnant, we shop at Lululemon, all of that s***!

Freedom!

You guys are terribly out of touch.
I dont know what you do for a living but I wouldnt trust you to mow my lawn.

Why do you cut on everyone so often?
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Lululemon apparel? Dudes shop there?

It's 2023: We get pregnant, we shop at Lululemon, all of that s***!

Freedom!

You guys are terribly out of touch.
I dont know what you do for a living but I wouldnt trust you to mow my lawn.

80% of Lulemon's business is from women. The personal attack on Big C was uncalled for. I hope you don't need to insult folks to feel better about yourself.

Naaaa....

I was long 26,000 shares of EXAS coming into this week's JPM Healthcare Conference in SF.
I dont need to put down ignorant folks at this place to feel "better" about my self.

so, you're rich, and that makes you feel better about yourself?
Okay, yeah, I'll buy that. Who wouldn't?

But why the need to insult others?

I mean, insulting someone for their knowledge of lululemon's customer base??? Why the hell should anyone know, or care, about that??
It doesn't equate to things more vital and on the fore, such as, say, voting for Trump.
okaydo

movielover
movielover
DiabloWags
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/15/us/berkeley-university-human-remains-found-trnd/index.html
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Cal88

I believe those are the climate protests in Germany, a small group is protesting the resumption of coal mining in that country. This explains why the police is very lenient, as the German Greens are one of the main two parties in the current ruling coalition, so they don't crack skulls like they did in the covid lockdown protests last year. This being said, you have to admire that monk's tactical use of terrain to stymie the Polizei...
movielover

movielover

Cal88
^ They had a feeling of complete invulnerability, that's why they were so blatantly sloppy in setting up that money-laundring scheme.
movielover
And Democrat-run DC and MSM will give them a pass.
AunBear89
I'm sure you righteous righties felt the same way about the Trump Crime Family and its 4 years of grift and corruption.

Right?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
Ivana Trump leaves nothing behind for the Orange Turd.
Shocker!

Ivana Trump's $34 Million Estate Gives Insight to How She Felt About Ex Donald Trump Before She Died (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
okaydo
The
bearister
Let the federal jury trials begin on all the various allegations against tRump and Biden and then we can place wagers on outcomes.

*I'm curious, why do the witnesses in hearings related to wrongdoing by Democrats always appear for questioning whereas witnesses in hearings relating to wrongdoing by Republicans either don't show or if they do show, they assert the 5th? (Unless hey are whistleblowers)

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
President Trump has various lawsuits over 6 years that went nowhere.

It seems the Deep State Democrats don't want beyond-feeble Biden to run again.
movielover
The Deep State is now after Biden and Trump based on flimsy document handling charges.

concordtom

India is about to be declared the most populous nation in the world, overtaking China whose population is now declining. More deaths than births.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-population-shrinks-first-time-020635471.html

https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/india-to-surpass-china-as-most-populous-country-will-this-help-or-hinder-the-nation-12002802.html/amp

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Shocker!

Ivana Trump's $34 Million Estate Gives Insight to How She Felt About Ex Donald Trump Before She Died (yahoo.com)

The posit of the article is flawed, and it even admits so. I mean, why should an ex-wife leave anything to a man who cheated on her and then publicly bragged about it, especially one worth a billion, no, 3, 6, 9 Billion!?!!?

Yet, the article does give us schadenfreude Trump haters another opportunity to glee in the reality of this:

She reportedly had a difficult time after her former husband was elected president because it ruined her social life. "They hate me! They all hate me!" Fashion designer and close friend Marc Bouwer told Vanity Fair about the conversations he had with Ivana. "Everywhere I go they say things and they shout things at me! Outside my house, in St.-Tropez, Palm Beach, everywhere! They hate me!" Ivana struggled to reconcile that the elite money world she floated so effortlessly in despised her because of her former husband and the last name she shared with him. Ivana reportedly told Bouwer, "It's not my fault. I am not him! I divorced him a long time ago. I do not deserve this!"

It's something that Ivana never recovered from, and Bouwer described his friend as "totally broken down," which haunted her long after Donald Trump left the White House.

Poor lady.
concordtom
movielover said:

The Deep State is now after Biden and Trump based on flimsy document handling charges.

Was it Jim Marshall who recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way. You don't know what you're about, do you?

The "deep state". As if that was a thing.

dajo9
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Shocker!

The posit of the article is flawed, and it even admits so. I mean, why should an ex-wife leave anything to a man who cheated on her and then publicly bragged about it, especially one worth a billion, no, 3, 6, 9 Billion!?!!?

Yet, the article does give us schadenfreude Trump haters another opportunity to glee in the reality of this:

She reportedly had a difficult time after her former husband was elected president because it ruined her social life. "They hate me! They all hate me!" Fashion designer and close friend Marc Bouwer told Vanity Fair about the conversations he had with Ivana. "Everywhere I go they say things and they shout things at me! Outside my house, in St.-Tropez, Palm Beach, everywhere! They hate me!" Ivana struggled to reconcile that the elite money world she floated so effortlessly in despised her because of her former husband and the last name she shared with him. Ivana reportedly told Bouwer, "It's not my fault. I am not him! I divorced him a long time ago. I do not deserve this!"

It's something that Ivana never recovered from, and Bouwer described his friend as "totally broken down," which haunted her long after Donald Trump left the White House.

Poor lady.
ETTD
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
concordtom
Not soon enough.
bearister
bearister
Cartel hit in Tulane County

https://abc7news.com/6-victims-of-cartel-style-execution-identified-including-teen-baby/12712901/
Big C
concordtom said:

India is about to be declared the most populous nation in the world, overtaking China whose population is now declining. More deaths than births.

https://www.firstpost.com/explainers/india-to-surpass-china-as-most-populous-country-will-this-help-or-hinder-the-nation-12002802.html/amp

Too many darn humans on this planet! Seems like many of our problems can be traced to too many people. I get it, Americans use an inordinate percentage of the resources, per capita, but don't most of the other 7 1/2 billion people outside this country aspire to live like us? What's going to happen if they start to realize that?

How about a little world population control! If that makes me sound like some kind of Fascist or Nazi or something, here's my solution for how to achieve it: Educate women, world-wide. Boom. Okay, maybe that makes me the Education Nazi...
bearister

Apathetic Bear

concordtom
Brian Stelter is fabulous - insightful and brave.
But I get that you think he's garbage.

I have no idea what the other guy was saying. But that wasn't the point of your post.
So, I'll just say, "Brian Stelter is fabulous - insightful and brave."
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Too many darn humans on this planet! Seems like many of our problems can be traced to too many people. I get it, Americans use an inordinate percentage of the resources, per capita, but don't most of the other 7 1/2 billion people outside this country aspire to live like us? What's going to happen if they start to realize that?

How about a little world population control! If that makes me sound like some kind of Fascist or Nazi or something, here's my solution for how to achieve it: Educate women, world-wide. Boom. Okay, maybe that makes me the Education Nazi...
If you've read any of my numerous posts about the trends of the global population, it is predicted to peak at about 9B in 2050 and then start to decline. This is because as people urbanize, get educated, live the urban (not farming) life, they are making the choice to have fewer kids - as a lifestyle.

North America, Europe and parts of Asia are already in decline (less than 2.1 births per woman). India and Africa have the highest birthrates, but the # per woman has been declining for decades.

Check ou the tables on these pages. Interesting data!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependencies_by_total_fertility_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_fertility_rate

Bill Gates has done work to provide Family Planning (birth control) to the poorest around the world
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/our-work/programs/gender-equality/family-planning

As I've been saying, a much smaller population would be great for EARTH, but it's bad for economic growth and supporting an aging population (not to mention cleaning up old infrastructure).
For those purposes, it's a competition among the lessor-reproductivce nations to attract immigrants who can work, produce, consume, pay taxes.

In other words, fewer kids - yes, and more immigrants, too.
movielover
concordtom said:

I ran across some random content creator on YouTube who claims China overstated their population by 100 million, and that they're in a steep population decline that can't be changed.
movielover
concordtom said:

movielover said:

Was it Jim Marshall who recovered a fumble and ran the wrong way. You don't know what you're about, do you?

Deep State = some call it the indulgent DC
bureaucracy.

I had an acquaintance who worked at the State Department. As I got to know her better, she told me how she secured her job. She married her husband, who worked abroad for the SD. So she was given a job to teach art - not her profession stateside - wherever he was stationed to local school children. Every 2 years they moved to a new country. Add to that a Federal pension and bennies.
movielover
bearister said:

Cartel hit in Tulane County

https://abc7news.com/6-victims-of-cartel-style-execution-identified-including-teen-baby/12712901/

A whole family killed, reportedly very gruesome like hits in Mexico.
movielover
concordtom
movielover said:

I ran across some random content creator on YouTube who claims China overstated their population by 100 million, and that they're in a steep population decline that can't be changed.
That would certainly be interesting - and not incredibly surprising.
However, it can always be changed very quickly.
Just do what comes naturally!

Okay, okay... I jest.
If people are honestly deciding worldwide "I don't want kids - what would I want children for?" then the path forward is upon us, because it's happening worldwide.
However, I definitely am skeptical that the declining birthrate trend will continue. I mean, we are MADE to procreate. Leave us alone, and we will procreate. That's the way LIFE works.
So, it's definitely an interesting trend, and I'm keeping my eye on it. Unfortunately, I won't be around to see how the trend finishes.
concordtom
movielover said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

Deep State = some call it the indulgent DC
bureaucracy.

I had an acquaintance who worked at the State Department. As I got to know her better, she told me how she secured her job. She married her husband, who worked abroad for the SD. So she was given a job to teach art - not her profession stateside - wherever he was stationed to local school children. Every 2 years they moved to a new country. Add to that a Federal pension and bennies.
I typed in "Military Pensions Chart USA" and I got this chart:

I did another search and this came up:

And another:

And again:

I'm confident most everyone here is smart enough to put the pieces together and thus understand when I suggest to you that the State Dept budget is NOTHING compared to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines.... And further, go ahead and add in all the CIA and the FBI and the NSA and all the Congressmen and women... and then tell me about who this alleged Deep State is.

First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.