Breaking News

978,119 Views | 11763 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who is going to get the last word?
Place yer bets.

I think, whoever posts on it last wins - is that the rule?
oski003
calpoly said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Here are some examples of bullying. These were said without provocation.

"This is a news thread, not a thread to discuss your pet conspiracy theories. Your friends in the anti-vax thread would probably love to do that with you."

"You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding."

Responding to that nastiness by calling that poster a name (acting like one), after being told to go find a safe space, is not a good example of bullying. Thanks.
"You do you"

You twisted the facts of an event and then argued as if those facts were true in support of your beliefs. That is what I meant by "you do you.". You certainly escalated it and responded viciously. That discussion ended more than a week ago. If you are still offended by "you do you" and feel the need to attack, berate, and bully because of it, you should take a break. Rather, I think you have a goal of bullying posters with views you don't like (a few others join you) in an effort to silence those views. "You do you" is merely a justification for your poor behavior.
Stop playing the victim when you are the instigator. This act has gotten old....time to move on.

I was content to let it lie. However, I am clearly not the instigator here. You'd have to scroll up to see that as opposed to just jumping in and joining your "team."
sycasey
DiabloWags said:

In the meantime, Alec Baldwin was just charged with involuntary manslaughter in "Rust"

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in 'Rust' film shooting (yahoo.com)

I won't claim to know all the facts of this case, but criminal charges seem pretty thin here.
concordtom
Looks like you currently hold the Last Word. Congratulaions. I guess.

Unit2, your move.
movielover
One snippet I read said he blabbering to the police without a lawyer present. Apparently he took fire arms safety; I gather the implication may be if he pointed a gun at someone and hadn't checked that the chamber was clear, those might be two clear violations of protocol.
movielover
FBI Swamp rat Christopher Ray is at the WEF forum in Davos. Not clear to me why our FBI head is there. In this clip he seems to be focusing on 'pre-crime'.

https://rumble.com/v269p6c-january-19-2023.html
concordtom
This is pretty funny.

In the case of Trump raping E Jean Carroll many years ago in the lingerie store dressing room (the horny bahstahd), he said it wouldn't have happened because "she's not my type" - which is utterly laughable because everyone knows that everyone with a v-j-j is a horn-dog like Trump's type.

Nonetheless, lawyers presented a photograph of Trump talking to Carroll at a party with her then husband and Ivana. Trump was asked who it was in the photo - he pointed to Carroll and said, "that's my wife, Marla."

Trump's lawyer inserted herself immediately to cut the damage and said, "no, that's Carroll."

Hmmmmm. It seems that if Trump thinks Carroll is Maples, and he had an affair with Maples while married to Ivana and later married Maples, that Carroll IS INDEED Trump's type.

Take a look at the photos and decide for yourself.
Would Trump hit that?

Ohhhhh, most definitely he would!
And if I'm on the jury - HE DID!

Trump with Marla Maples, who he had a baby with, AND THEN married her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/19/trump-believed-rape-accuser-e-jean-carroll-was-wife-in-photo.html
movielover
Fox News: Hunter Biden 'quarantined' at Delaware house where classified docs found: 'There was no escaping'

"Hunter Biden wrote in his memoir 'there was no escaping' his father's Wilmington, Delaware, home on election night"

"...Hunter Biden was notably seen traveling with his father from the White House to Delaware on Dec. 16, 2022, just four days prior to the search of the residence that yielded the classified documents. According to the White House, the president's attorneys searched the Wilmington home and found the documents on Dec. 20."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter-biden-quarantined-delaware-house-classified-docs-found-there-was-no-escaping
movielover
I wonder what DiabloWags thinks of Joe Biden's 1967 Corvette Stingray?
movielover
December Retail Sales Drop -1.1%, November Sales Data Revised Lower to -1.0%
DiabloWags
sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

In the meantime, Alec Baldwin was just charged with involuntary manslaughter in "Rust"

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in 'Rust' film shooting (yahoo.com)

I won't claim to know all the facts of this case, but criminal charges seem pretty thin here.

Ive got $500 that says he's convicted of criminal negligence. Anyone want to play?
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
Tucker Carlson had a Whopper tonight.

Hiding in plain sight. Nixon, Ford, Woodward, the CIA, JFK, Permanent Washington, General Flynn, Biden... what a story.

concordtom
If you're posting it, I don't want to listen.
He spews nonsensical BS. I don't find that interesting. I find it maddening.
And if YOU are intrigued, then it's in the maddening category, not the interesting category.
movielover
He simply put together publicly available information about Nixon, JFK, the CIA, etc. Amazing. Whether it adds up, and to what extent, is another matter.
concordtom
Let me guess....
Barack Obama's father was from Africa.
Barack Obama grew up in Indonesia.
Barack Obama used to be called Barry.
Barack Obama birth announcement in Hawaii newspapers was fake.
Barack Obama birth certificate doesn't exist. Fake, because "where is the LONG FORM?"
Barack Obama smoked pot.
Barack Obama is a mere "community organizer".
Barack Obama only got into Harvard because of liberal activist Affirmative Action.

Tucker Carlson and Movielover et al conclusion: Barack Obama is not qualified to be President.

Too bad for all y'all: Barack Obama is one of the smartest, best, historic Presidents of all.

The only reason for me to listen to anything Tucker Carlson says is to keep track and his latest deceptions of logic for his foolish audience.
movielover
Crimea, Syria, weaponized Intell Community... but the reason I brought up BHO is because he openly said he would like a 3rd term, as long as he could be in the background, and somebody else would be out front.

But Obama mentor, Communist Frank Marshall Davis, agrees with you.

We all see feeble Joe Biden who campaigned from his basement, with Obama's C Team* running the show. (Rice, the disaster called Blinken, et al.)

* TM attorney @ShipwreckedCrew
dajo9
concordtom said:

Let me guess....
Barack Obama's father was from Africa.
Barack Obama grew up in Indonesia.
Barack Obama used to be called Barry.
Barack Obama birth announcement in Hawaii newspapers was fake.
Barack Obama birth certificate doesn't exist. Fake, because "where is the LONG FORM?"
Barack Obama smoked pot.
Barack Obama is a mere "community organizer".
Barack Obama only got into Harvard because of liberal activist Affirmative Action.

Tucker Carlson and Movielover et al conclusion: Barack Obama is not qualified to be President.

Too bad for all y'all: Barack Obama is one of the smartest, best, historic Presidents of all.

The only reason for me to listen to anything Tucker Carlson says is to keep track and his latest deceptions of logic for his foolish audience.

This is the only Tucker Carlson clip worth watching. It's from before Tucker took furrowed brow training.

"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
concordtom
More people need public flogging like that.
Thank you.
concordtom
Proposal to amend the constitution to remove Citizens United.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-introduce-constitutional-amendment-reverse-190510372.html
dajo9
concordtom said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-introduce-constitutional-amendment-reverse-190510372.html

Republicans are in favor of dark money in politics and then tell you they are against the elites
concordtom
Oh absolutely the proposal will go nowhere.
I know Republicans wouldn't do a thing to restrict their ability to get re-elected and rig the system. Plenty of Democrats, too!!

Hallelujah that the issue *might* get some play now, however. I've been wrong before!

concordtom
DUDE BRAGS ABOUT VOTER SUPRESSION

Apathetic Bear
concordtom said:

Awful shame they didn't propose that when they had 100% control of Congress. I wonder why they waited until now.......
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Pushing an amendment that will have no hope of passing due to the number of red states is also a bit of performative nonsense. We have zero chance of getting 38 states to adopt it let alone 2/3 of Congress.

I'm all for arguing that the CU was a BS decision that made our democracy worse, but this amendment has no hope of passing. I'm all for Dems pushing the issue in other ways and making this central to their platform. There really should be bipartisan agreement on removing dark money from politics - I would be surprised if more than 10% of voters favor it.
concordtom
22 year old SF State student takes a "polar plunge" in ocean at Pacifica, get hit by wave, is missing.
Very sad.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/22-old-missing-polar-plunge-192551851.html
concordtom
Apathetic Bear said:

concordtom said:

Awful shame they didn't propose that when they had 100% control of Congress. I wonder why they waited until now.......
1. Still would require Senate Republicans to have passed it then. Major amount of votes (per above).

2. Citizens United is not that old. But since then, we've learn more and more how bad it is. Dark Money is ruling more and more. So, in recent years people like Schiff, Sheldon Whitehouse of RI and Amy Klobuchar and others have been speaking out about it. In the meantime, the issue gets worse. How about recent case of Leonard Leo leaving $1.6B to buy elections for decades? Or, where did Santos get the money for his campaign? If you know anything about electoral politics, you'll know that the money game is pretty much completely out of control.

3. If it passes, it will apply to R's and D's equally.

4. Your cynicism doesn't make you right.

Try actually considering the issue and then commenting on it. Would you like all of our elections to be bought? Well, they are.
okaydo
50 years ago:

Lyndon Johnson died, overshadowing He Roe v Wade decision that happened the same day.

Harry Truman died the day after Christmas 1972, so 2 presidents gone in a month.

Johnson was the third ex-president to die during the Nixon administration, resulting in no living former presidents being alive until he stepped down.

okaydo
bearister
Police attend shooting in Los Angeles area, reporting nine dead

https://mol.im/a/11663231
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
Apathetic Bear said:

concordtom said:

Because when Democrats had control of Congress they were busy working on legislation that could actually happen. Now that Republicans control the House, everything is performative. Nothing important will happen. Just both sides posturing. Republicans will be abusing their oversight and investigatory powers while Democrats will be talking about things they'd like to achieve if they had 100% of the vote.
SBGold
Apathetic Bear said:

concordtom said:

You support Santos (or is it Anthony Delvoder)? Diamond guy or Silk guy?
SBGold
concordtom said:

Apathetic Bear said:

concordtom said:

1. Still would require Senate Republicans to have passed it then. Major amount of votes (per above).

2. Citizens United is not that old. But since then, we've learn more and more how bad it is. Dark Money is ruling more and more. So, in recent years people like Schiff, Sheldon Whitehouse of RI and Amy Klobuchar and others have been speaking out about it. In the meantime, the issue gets worse. How about recent case of Leonard Leo leaving $1.6B to buy elections for decades? Or, where did Santos get the money for his campaign? If you know anything about electoral politics, you'll know that the money game is pretty much completely out of control.

3. If it passes, it will apply to R's and D's equally.

4. Your cynicism doesn't make you right.

Try actually considering the issue and then commenting on it. Would you like all of our elections to be bought? Well, they are.
Diamond and Silk guy can't keep up
bearister
bearister said:

https://abc7news.com/live-police-release-photos-of-monterey-park-mass-shooting-suspect/12725363/
bearister
bearister said:

bearister said:

https://abc7news.com/live-police-release-photos-of-monterey-park-mass-shooting-suspect/12725363/

Monterey Park, California mass shooting: Person in van that may be linked to the Monterey Park massacre dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound, LA Times says - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/22/us/monterey-park-california-shooting/index.html
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.