Breaking News

976,693 Views | 11759 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I'm so sick of public schools and their darned teachers unions destroying this country! Especially when the solution is so obvious: We are a capitalist nation. Introduce market forces and you will immediately see lazy teachers forced to improve (instead of spending most of their day letting "transgender" students into the girls' bathroom and onto girls' sports teams). Also, give them guns!

Just look at America's greatest success story this century, Tesla and Elon Musk! When the radical left said he should introduce safety measures at his California factory during the baseless COVID scare, what did he do? He packed up, moved to Texas and bought Twitter! If we put a guy like that in charge of our public schools, he will know what to do!!! Had I mentioned giving teachers guns? Heck, they will have flamethrowers! Schools will be safe and students will start learning again... or else!
bearister
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

Evergreen Kelly Slater on surfing at the age of 51: 'I've kept myself in good shape'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/mar/03/evergreen-kelly-slater-on-surfing-at-the-age-of-51-ive-kept-myself-in-good-shape?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Much RESPECT for Slater as well as his Big Wave colleagues. Those guys get absolutely HAMMERED and beat up!

100 Foot Wave (TV Series 2021 ) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14126234/

Riding Giants (2004) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389326/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Big C said:

I'm so sick of public schools and their darned teachers unions destroying this country! Especially when the solution is so obvious: We are a capitalist nation. Introduce market forces and you will immediately see lazy teachers forced to improve (instead of spending most of their day letting "transgender" students into the girls' bathroom and onto girls' sports teams). Also, give them guns!

Just look at America's greatest success story this century, Tesla and Elon Musk! When the radical left said he should introduce safety measures at his California factory during the baseless COVID scare, what did he do? He packed up, moved to Texas and bought Twitter! If we put a guy like that in charge of our public schools, he will know what to do!!! Had I mentioned giving teachers guns? Heck, they will have flamethrowers! Schools will be safe and students will start learning again... or else!

President Trump had a learned colleague who worked in urban schools, possibly DC. Schools where typically under 10% pass basic proficiency. He found that about half could learn math without massive change, by
simply removing or sectioning off the troublemakers. The status quo people weren't happy with this.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Big C said:

President Trump had a learned colleague who worked in urban schools, possibly DC. Schools where typically under 10% pass basic proficiency. He found that about half could learn math without massive change, by
simply removing or sectioning off the troublemakers. The status quo people weren't happy with this.
I'm having a tough time believing that Trump would consider any inner city school teacher to be a colleague.
movielover
The President of El Salvador built a massive prison and locked up 60,000 gang members. Murders dropped 50%!

Here, he eloquently talks about values, God, and hard work; and how nations that abandon these values go down.

DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I'm having a tough time believing that Trump would consider any inner city school teacher to be a colleague.

To your point, the Orange Buffoon put Dr. Ben Carson in charge of HUD most likely because "blacks" know something about urban housing.

Carson didnt even know what REO meant.

I dont know if Trump could have made a DUMBER appointment with Carson. Congresswoman Katie Porter made him look like a total FOOL.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/ben-carson-oreo-katie-porter/

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags

movielover
DiabloWags said:

A brilliant brain surgeon swimming in the Swamp. He helped push through Opportunity Zones, and remove lead paint from public housing. His EnVision Centers project was never fully funded or even a robust pilot? His budget was cut 14%.

Outside of his staff buying a $31,000 table, he steered clear of the corruption of Henry Cisneros or self-PR of Cuomo.
DiabloWags
Hahahahahahaha!

Trump can now be sued civily for is "unofficial acts" on January 6th, says the DoJ.

Trump's incitement "We're gonna go up to the Capitol and fight like hell ... " falls OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF A PRESIDENT'S DUTIES.

Trump argued that he had "immunity"

A lower court judge had previously dismissed Trump's immunjty claims, ruling that the plaintiffs had plausibly alleged that the then-president's fiery rhetoric on Jan. 6th galvanized his supporters to violently oppose the certification of the 2020 election results.

I hope every Capitol police officer injured (140) or maimed (2) sues the living F out of that Loser.
movielover
Democrat ideologues always leave out President Trump telling citizens to march "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard".

How many citizens did LEO kill on January 6th - 2, 3, 4?
bearister
movielover
bearister said:

I could only watch a portion of it. It again confirms SNL hasn't been funny in decades.
movielover
Walmart closes Portland stores partly due to rampant theft; joins Nike and Cracker Barrel exit. One local business has been hit 15 times.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-shutter-portland-locations-just-months-after-ceos-warnings-crime
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Democrat ideologues always leave out President Trump telling citizens to march "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard".

Liars and people that are delusional always leave out the part where Trump told his followers, "We fight like Hell, and if you dont fight like Hell you're not gonna have a Country anymore"

movielover
Nothing illegal there.

Barack Obama, 2008, in Philadelphia: "Obama on GOP: 'If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun'
DiabloWags
I bet you really enjoyed seeing the Confederate Flag paraded around inside the Capitol on Jan. 6th.

DiabloWags
Well, it is TEXAS where everything is GOD'S WILL.

movielover
Well, union workers / plants fought at Trump rallies in 2015, and Antifa and BLM burned dozens of cities whole killing over 50 individuals.

Not to mention the roots of Planned Parenthood, which has killed millions of black babies.

Margaret Sanger: Ambitious Feminist and Racist Eugenicist

"...Margaret Sanger is largely renowned for her work as an ambitious feminist leading the birth control revolution in America and, largely, around the world. However, Sanger's motivations behind this work had dark roots in racism and eugenics, demonstrating the importance of acknowledging the dangerous rhetoric of her work and how it may have impacted social groups around her...."

"Specifically, Sanger's American Birth Control League closely collaborated with the Clinical Research Bureau to form the Birth Control Federation of America (BFCA) in 1939 [22]. The BFCA quickly planned "the Negro Project", a project that, while claiming to be "established for the benefit of the colored people", resulted in the formation of "family planning centers" that were found to be problematic for many reasons [23]. First, these clinics were likely erected as experimental clinics aiming to find the best way to reduce or eliminate the black population in regions densely populated by African Americans [24]. Additionally, these clinics appeared to be motivated by the ability to test new birth control methods on "less valuable" populations [25]. The BFCA, which Sanger was a key figure in running, demonstrated clear racial motivations in erecting these clinics and took actions that would bias the medical field against African Americans for decades to come.."

https://womanisrational.uchicago.edu/2022/09/21/margaret-sanger-the-duality-of-a-ambitious-feminist-and-racist-eugenicist/

DiabloWags
Youre not very bright.
You do nothing but conflate.

Trying to postpone/suspend the CERTIFICATION OF AN ELECTION AS MANDATED BY THE U.S. CONSTITUTION IS AN ACT OF SEDITION.

movielover
DiabloWags said:

Youre not very bright.

Trying to postpone/suspend the CERTIFICATION OF AN ELECTION AS MANDATED BY THE U.S. CONSTITUTION IS AN ACT OF SEDITION.

AntiochWags, has your BMW arrived?
movielover
movielover

Ray Epps - Infamous bullhorn leader, not prosecuted, suspected FBI plant.

movielover
Alameda DA Institutes radical changes.

"Barring "extraordinary circumstances" and approval by District Attorney Pamela Price herself, the penalty for most crimes in Alameda County will soon be restricted to probation or the lowest-level prison term...

"...Alameda County voters elected Pamela Price in November on her promise to address racial disparities and "disrupt the system."...

""Almost all felonies, including those that are serious or violent, will now be probation eligible," said one source familiar with the situation. "You basically have to make a probation offer."

"...Since then, she has also created a new Public Accountability Unit that will focus on police misconduct and, more recently, announced a new county-wide Mental Health Commission...."

"It fails to distinguish between the serious and violent felonies and the nonviolent ones," said one DA's office employee. "It fails to distinguish between the broad category of things that fall into the same penal code section."

Gun and gang enhancements are dropped. Some of this was inspired by Gavin Newsom.

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/03/02/courts/alameda-county-district-attorney-pamela-price-leaked-memo/
Big C
movielover said:

That stupid POS Q'Anon Shaman got the "15 minutes of fame" he was craving, then it got him 15 mos. in Federal! Oh wait, he got more than that: Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA!

He seems to have a talent for marketing himself: Maybe he can monetize his situation by doing a Look-What-a-Effing-Moron-I-Am tour. He could be the opening act for "America's Mayor"!
movielover
Interesting how law enforcement was giving him a tour of the Capitol.

But a ringleader, Ray Epps, originally a Most Wanted criminal, walks free. Epps also lied under oath.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

Youre not very bright.

AntiochWags, has your BMW arrived?

No, but my Porsche did.

bearister
My hero:

DB Cooper sleuth says he'll sue FBI for access to famed hijacker's TIE

https://mol.im/a/11833111

*Dude was a baller.
DiabloWags
Trump reportedly asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders for an endorsement in a phone call "weeks ago"
Thus far, she has DECLINED.

lol

Sarah Huckabee Sanders reportedly declined to endorse Trump (yahoo.com)

okaydo

DiabloWags
The second largest Bank collapse just occurred today (during business hours believe it or not which is extremely rare) with assets of $209 BILLION and no one on Bearinsider is talking about it.

Shocker!
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

The second largest Bank collapse just occurred today (during business hours believe it or not which is extremely rare) with assets of $209 BILLION and no one on Bearinsider is talking about it.

Shocker!
Unlike you, I'm not a financial expert and don't follow financial news very closely. I agree this sounds bad but other than that, I have no insights about the situation and therefore haven't commented on it. I suspect I'm not the only one in that boat. Fortunately, I have no money in that bank or loans with them. I'd barely heard of Silicon Valley Bank before today.
okaydo
Has anybody had any experience with No. 20?

https://www.forbes.com/lists/americas-best-banks/
okaydo

movielover
Big news.

BEIRUT "Saudi Arabia and Iran announced an agreement in China on Friday to resume relations more than seven years after severing ties, a major breakthrough in a bitter rivalry that has long divided the Middle East."
movielover
Time to buy bank stocks?

Barrons: Why SVB's Bad News Clobbered Bank Stocks Like JPMorgan and Wells Fargo
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.