Breaking News

976,009 Views | 11752 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Cal88
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav
A man who makes memes was found guilty of election interference by the New York Feds.

movielover

okaydo
oski003
https://amp.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2023/04/01/642878b4e2704eb99e8b45a4.html

Reese Brady?
DiabloWags
Pelosi spotted on a flight back to D.C.
Flying with DeSaulnier in COACH.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

Pelosi spotted on a flight back to D.C.
Flying with DeSaulnier in COACH.
Is this where I'm supposed to mention gay lovers and expensive ice cream?
MinotStateBeav
Wall Street Journal Op-Ed - Joe Manchin
Biden's Inflation Reduction Act Betrayal
Instead of implementing the law as intended, his administration subverts it for ideological ends.

https://archive.ph/yX189 Archived Article

Cal88
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

My strongest opinion on this trans issue is that people spend way too much time worrying about a thing that affects a very small percentage of the population. I know why the right wing wants to make a big issue of it, and it's not because they are trying to help the population at large.

You're out of touch, this is not a marginal phenomenon among kids today. Gender dysphoria is being actively promoted in a growing segment of the education system.
Do you have any actual numbers as to how many kids are involved in these gender issues? A "growing segment" is pretty vague. That could mean it's gone from 10 million to 15 million kids or it could mean it's gone from 20 to 30 kids.

The other side seems just a little too eager to assign them as transgender.

That's just right wing framing

Maybe, maybe not. This is a very new question for our society. How about if we take kids who are, say, 4-11, and just accept and treasure them all as "kids"?

Does your experience suggest that adults are aggressively pushing a "trans" identity on the kids you know about?

I wouldn't use the word "aggressive". I will readily admit to not knowing the full stories, which is why I would say we should slow down a little bit and accept all kids as they are, without labeling them too early.

Everybody is labeled at birth. If a little boy wants to wear dresses and be called a girl - and this goes on for a long time. What do you call the child?

I might just call the child a child. Maybe he wants to be called a girl because he feels more comfortable with girls, and yet we insist on labeling him as a boy -- not just at birth, but continually throughout childhood.

Really, I had expected that my idea of less gender labeling (which might include unisex bathrooms and maybe even gender neutral pronouns for all) would catch more flack from the right, than the left.

How about just not judging the decisions made by families in homes you don't live in?

The prevailing cultural forces almost always go against the families, and the state authorities always against them.

There was a case where an elementary school boy from a Lakers fan family drew himself wearing his dad's Lakers jersey, that went down to the kid's knees. This was interpreted by his teacher and school therapists/authorities as the kid wearing a dress, and a clear proof of him displaying signs of wanting to transition. The parents had to be very careful in the process of preventing their boy from being identified as a "trans kid", a status that could result in CPS taking the child away from his home and submitting the boy to the drastic physical and medical regimen that goes with that status.
concordtom
I don't believe you.
Invention.
Fear runs strong in your head - they are coming to get you and take your children away…. It's actually damn humorous this fear y'all have. Attack of the killer transies.
Cal88
You're just a bit out of touch Tom, we're not in 1993 any more.
Cal88
The trans agenda has been driven by big pharma, in conjunction with tech and big finance.

Excellent insights into the origins and nature of the trans agenda, by feminist activist Jennifer Bilek:

https://tube.source.news/w/4ef78a59-dd64-4e54-83eb-94c0262739d9

This is one of the best analyses on the subject I have heard, it really helps understand the modern gender ideology.

Also from her:

Quote:

While many Americans are still trying to understand why women are being erased in language and law, and why children are being taught they can choose their sex, the Pritzker cousins and others may be well on their way to engineering a new way to be human. But what could possibly explain the abrupt drive of wealthy elites to deconstruct who and what we are and to manipulate children's sex characteristics in clinics now spanning the globe while claiming new rights for those being deconstructed? Perhaps it is profit. Perhaps it is the pleasure of seeing one's own personal obsessions writ large. Perhaps it is the human temptation to play God. No matter what the answer is, it seems clear that SSI [Synthetic Sex Identities] will be an enduring part of America's future.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/billionaire-family-pushing-synthetic-sex-identities-ssi-pritzkers
dajo9
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

dajo9 said:

Big C said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

My strongest opinion on this trans issue is that people spend way too much time worrying about a thing that affects a very small percentage of the population. I know why the right wing wants to make a big issue of it, and it's not because they are trying to help the population at large.

You're out of touch, this is not a marginal phenomenon among kids today. Gender dysphoria is being actively promoted in a growing segment of the education system.
Do you have any actual numbers as to how many kids are involved in these gender issues? A "growing segment" is pretty vague. That could mean it's gone from 10 million to 15 million kids or it could mean it's gone from 20 to 30 kids.

The other side seems just a little too eager to assign them as transgender.

That's just right wing framing

Maybe, maybe not. This is a very new question for our society. How about if we take kids who are, say, 4-11, and just accept and treasure them all as "kids"?

Does your experience suggest that adults are aggressively pushing a "trans" identity on the kids you know about?

I wouldn't use the word "aggressive". I will readily admit to not knowing the full stories, which is why I would say we should slow down a little bit and accept all kids as they are, without labeling them too early.

Everybody is labeled at birth. If a little boy wants to wear dresses and be called a girl - and this goes on for a long time. What do you call the child?

I might just call the child a child. Maybe he wants to be called a girl because he feels more comfortable with girls, and yet we insist on labeling him as a boy -- not just at birth, but continually throughout childhood.

Really, I had expected that my idea of less gender labeling (which might include unisex bathrooms and maybe even gender neutral pronouns for all) would catch more flack from the right, than the left.

How about just not judging the decisions made by families in homes you don't live in?

The prevailing cultural forces almost always go against the families, and the state authorities always against them.

There was a case where an elementary school boy from a Lakers fan family drew himself wearing his dad's Lakers jersey, that went down to the kid's knees. This was interpreted by his teacher and school therapists/authorities as the kid wearing a dress, and a clear proof of him displaying signs of wanting to transition. The parents had to be very careful in the process of preventing their boy from being identified as a "trans kid", a status that could result in CPS taking the child away from his home and submitting the boy to the drastic physical and medical regimen that goes with that status.

What you call state sanctioned kidnapping has been legal for years in California
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
What is new is the enshrinement of gender dysphoria into these governmental policies, the notion that these newly established social norms centered around transgenderism trump the parents' custody and right to be the main guiding influence over their children.

More specifically, the new rules that the state/education system has to protect children who "come out as trans" against the "reactionary" influence of their parents. This is no different from the social engineering practices in regimes like the Khmer Rouge or the Bolsheviks, where the Year Zero new prevailing state ideology is forced through the education system in opposition to the family.

movielover
What's particularly frightening is a child can make one statement to a counselor, one statment like "I feel like a boy", and throw herself and her family into years of turmoil. Not 6 months of counseling. From students who aren't far removed from believing in Santa Claus.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

What is new is the enshrinement of gender dysphoria into these governmental policies, the notion that these newly established social norms centered around transgenderism trump the parents' custody and right to be the main guiding influence over their children. More specifically, the new rules that the state/education system has to protect children who "come out as trans" against the "reactionary" influence of their parents. This is no different from the social engineering practices in regimes like the Khmer Rouge or the Bolsheviks, where the Year Zero new prevailing state ideology is forced through the education system in opposition to the family.

What's new is the rights scapegoating of transgender people to advance your culture wars
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
MinotStateBeav
movielover said:

What's particularly frightening is a child can make one statement to a counselor, one statment like "I feel like a boy", and throw herself and her family into years of turmoil. Not 6 months of counseling. From students who aren't far removed from believing in Santa Claus.
This is going to encourage parents to get their children out of the state instead of working with the councilors and state now. No parent is going to risk losing their child to this insane policy.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

What is new is the enshrinement of gender dysphoria into these governmental policies, the notion that these newly established social norms centered around transgenderism trump the parents' custody and right to be the main guiding influence over their children. More specifically, the new rules that the state/education system has to protect children who "come out as trans" against the "reactionary" influence of their parents. This is no different from the social engineering practices in regimes like the Khmer Rouge or the Bolsheviks, where the Year Zero new prevailing state ideology is forced through the education system in opposition to the family.

What's new is the rights scapegoating of transgender people to advance your culture wars

Strawman. You're trying to conflate authoritarian state policies with your alleged "scapegoating of trans people".

My point is the school system and state authorities should not forcefully set children on a dangerous medical and psychological track without the consent of their parents. The parents should be the guardians of their children.

You and/or others here are wilfully flipping the narrative implying that I am for state intervention against the will of the families.
movielover
Inflation update. OPEC has announced it will cut oil production, estimates are a barrel of oil will go up $10. More energy and food inflation. Build Back Btter. s/

P.S. Was it Saudia Arabia last week, or France, that sold oil using the yuan? Not good for the petro dollar. Could be significant.
concordtom
Like I said, the fear y'all have!

Quadruple down on it.

movielover
movielover
sycasey
movielover said:

Why do you care so much what other people do with their own lives? Why does it scare you?
Big C
movielover said:

I can't decide who's more embarrassing and pathetic, the people who tweet this kind of stuff, or the people who put it on Bear Insider, as if it's at all meaningful or even the least bit witty.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

movielover said:

I can't decide who's more embarrassing and pathetic, the people who tweet this kind of stuff, or the people who put it on Bear Insider, as if it's at all meaningful or even the least bit witty.
You only have so much time available to you in your life. I find it sad that movielover and others are spending so much of their precious time being agitated about other people doing what makes themselves happier without harming anyone else.
movielover
What adults do is their own business (when done behind closed doors). I've had my share of friends or acquaintances who were / are gay, bi, confused, and even trans / cross dresser.

(Ironically, I was recently even mocked/ insulted here on BI for having a trans / cross dresser acquaintance.)

Conducting and promoting the butchering of children - who aren't even through puberty, the tough adolescent year's, and who's brains aren't fully developed - is beyond insane.

okaydo
This is Wilcox's favorite show he uses for inspiration.

Unit2Sucks
Conservatives can't handle colorful personalities but are totally fine with these people. Clean up your own house.

concordtom
Who are these people who use their kids with guns as props?
How irresponsible.
movielover
concordtom said:

How irresponsible.

Posing with a prop is a recoverable event, a blip; changing a 12-year-old child's Plumbing with barbaric surgery isn't.
OsoDorado
Unit2Sucks said:

Conservatives can't handle colorful personalities but are totally fine with these people. Clean up your own house.

The last picture would be perfect if only the little girl had an M-16 in her hands instead of that dumb picture....
concordtom
movielover said:

concordtom said:

How irresponsible.

Posing with a prop is a recoverable event, a blip; changing a 12-year-old child's Plumbing with barbaric surgery isn't.

Your fear of someone else's life choice vs someone else with a gun ending your life.

We need gun control laws, not sex control laws.

Your attitude and value system is killing people - both those you despise and those who you don't even think or know about. Gun violence strikes everywhere.

oski003
concordtom said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

How irresponsible.

Your fear of someone else's life choice vs someone else with a gun ending your life.

We need gun control laws, not sex control laws.

Your attitude and value system is killing people - both those you despise and those who you don't even think or know about. Gun violence strikes everywhere.

College students should have access to LGBTQ Services. This isn't much of a revelation.
MinotStateBeav
OsoDorado said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The last picture would be perfect if only the little girl had an M-16 in her hands instead of that dumb picture....

Posts a pic of Glowies marching lol
movielover
Where did chart #2 and #3 come from?

Are you gullible enough to swallow these "facts" during this social contagion?
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.