Breaking News

975,575 Views | 11749 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SFCityBear
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover
movielover
concordtom
movielover said:

Question for the gallery: do you think the government should be able to take away parents children if the parents don't consent to their child's gender transition surgeries?

We should put a counter on the number of posts per week for you and LGBTQ-type subject matter.
movielover
Walmart said it wasn't pulling out of Chicago bc of crime. Unsure when this took place.

dajo9
movielover said:

Will this turn out the same as Jim Jordan's phony FBI whistleblowers?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
WalterSobchak
movielover said:

BHO chose to give Big Pharma a pass.
Big Pharma (and health care in general) price gouging is right near the top of the list of biggest actual problems facing everyday Americans. Name a politician who took on Big Pharma head on. Maybe by introducing a price undercutting product to the market to compete with theirs nationwide? R or D? We'll wait...
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
MinotStateBeav
movielover said:

haha that's hilariously accurate.
Big C
^^^ ya gotta love bipartisan humor about America and other countries ^^^
bearister
Karl to Tom on Succession:

"You're a clumsy interloper and no one trusts you. The only guy pulling for you is dead. And now you're just married to the ex-boss's daughter, and she doesn't even like you. And you are fair and squarely ****ed."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

movielover said:

haha that's hilariously accurate.
It doesn't quite match my experience.

Me: I need emergency stomach surgery.

<much time passes>

Hospital: That will be $75,000.

Insurance: Hospital, you had an obligation to submit a bill within 12 months. It's been 16 months. We aren't paying anything. Eastern, you don't owe anything either.

Me: So what happens now? I guess I'll wait for another shoe to drop. At least the surgeon got paid.
movielover
BREAKING: Online posters say Home Depot loss prevention staffer, 21, shot trying to stop a tool theft today in Pleasanton. Thefts reportedly increased the past few years. Perps reportedly arrested in Oakland. Online reports allege the young man has died.

Big C
movielover said:

BREAKING: Online posters say Home Depot loss prevention staffer, 21, shot trying to stop a tool theft today in Pleasanton. Thefts reportedly increased the past few years. Perps reportedly arrested in Oakland. Online reports allege the young man has died.

Me: Honest question, why shouldn't someone just shoot those people? Maybe there's a good reason, so tell me what it is.
Somebody: What if it were your son or daughter?
Me: I'd shoot 'em myself.

Disclosure: What I just said is crap, because I don't have a gun and. let's face it, I'm not going to shoot my own son or daughter... probably. Still, that's my initial reaction. Hey, I'm not even religious, but thou shalt not steal, at least with impunity, like that. Discuss.

movielover
Recall the threat in the 'olden days' to shoot looters on sight... was it ever done? Did we have relative peace until the 60s?
MinotStateBeav
Big C said:

movielover said:

Me: Honest question, why shouldn't someone just shoot those people? Maybe there's a good reason, so tell me what it is.

Disclosure: What I just said is crap, because I don't have a gun and. let's face it, I'm not going to shoot my own son or daughter... probably. Still, that's my initial reaction. Hey, I'm not even religious, but thou shalt not steal, at least with impunity, like that. Discuss.

starts with the parents man, these kids need to be detained and getting their parents involved. if the parents won't get involved, or on drugs/alcohol, get them treatment (forced imho). Make it clear their children's future is tied to theirs. Every time the kid gets in trouble, cut their welfare checks in 1/2 and use that money for the state to distribute to the child for their needs directly. Obviously if the situation is just abusive parents, let the state take the child from them. If the state needs to take the children, the parents get $0 for welfare. The parents need to feel the pain they are inflicting on society.
DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

Question for the gallery: do you think the government should be able to take away parents children if the parents don't consent to their child's gender transition surgeries?
We're still waiting for you to respond to questions posed by others.

This is why he has no integrity as a poster here.
He repeatedly shuns answering people's questions and simply "answers" with yet another question.
He's nothing but a TROLL.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Big C said:

Doesnt sound like you get out much.
I'm serious.

Ever been to a Safeway Grocery Store?

Corporate America has essentially taken away security guards and/or taken away any "policing" power that they have in stores so as to not be held for any LIABILITY.
sycasey
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

He repeatedly shuns answering people's questions and simply "answers" with yet another question.

Case in point: my question about what more Obama could have done on healthcare was followed by a pivot to talking about trans kids. Just how it goes.
movielover
sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Case in point: my question about what more Obama could have done on healthcare was followed by a pivot to talking about trans kids. Just how it goes.

No, you and your crew - including DiabloWags - didn't like my point that Obama let Big Pharma off the hook in ObamaCare. But on another thread, at a different time, your folks nash teeth about sky-high prescription drug costs as a major driver of HC costs.

BTW, President Trump signed an Executive Order to drastically cut the costs of prescription drugs, but the anti-Trump forces in DC kneecapped that EO.
movielover
MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

starts with the parents man, these kids need to be detained and getting their parents involved. if the parents won't get involved, or on drugs/alcohol, get them treatment (forced imho). Make it clear their children's future is tied to theirs. Every time the kid gets in trouble, cut their welfare checks in 1/2 and use that money for the state to distribute to the child for their needs directly. Obviously if the situation is just abusive parents, let the state take the child from them. If the state needs to take the children, the parents get $0 for welfare. The parents need to feel the pain they are inflicting on society.

In many cases, it is "parent".

Apparently the past few years Pleasanton HD has seen millions in thefts? WHO are the perps? Online patrons claim witnessing theft every other day. Gee, what changed the past few years?
Cal88
movielover said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Apparently the past few years Pleasanton HD has seen millions in thefts? WHO are the perps? Online patrons claim witnessing theft every other day. Gee, what changed the past few years?

Right, it's the 2nd or 3rd generation of fatherless kids being raised by single mothers. The 1st generation still had the benefit of a father figure being around, a grandfather, uncle or even grandmother who was raised in a family structure, but the current generation doesn't even have that.
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

No, you and your crew - including DiabloWags - didn't like my point that Obama let Big Pharma off the hook in ObamaCare. But on another thread, at a different time, your folks nash teeth about sky-high prescription drug costs as a major driver of HC costs.

BTW, President Trump signed an Executive Order to drastically cut the costs of prescription drugs, but the anti-Trump forces in DC kneecapped that EO.
You mean he signed an ineffective executive order mostly for show because he couldn't get anything done in Congress, where that kind of thing is supposed to happen? Okay.
movielover
Cal88 said:

movielover said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Right, it's the 2nd or 3rd generation of fatherless kids being raised by single mothers. The 1st generation still had the benefit of a father figure being around, a grandfather, uncle or even grandmother who was raised in a family structure, but the current generation doesn't even have that.

Add pro-crime laws, pro-crime DAs, 30+ million undocumented immigrants, lockdowns, Prop 47, drug cartels, woke culture, and stir. Oh yeah. "White supremacy" and capitalism evil.

P.S. Had 'inner city' friends raised by super strict religious grandparents. All college graduates. Another spot on nuanced observation. (Hat tip Dr. Thomas Sowell?)
concordtom
PVC piping labeled dangerous for drinking water.
Buy copper futures.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/report-warns-human-health-risks-231131819.html
WalterSobchak
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

I'm serious.

Corporate America has essentially taken away security guards and/or taken away any "policing" power that they have in stores so as to not be held for any LIABILITY.
Yep. Most "big" stores have a no chase policy for "loss prevention." Meaning, they are prohibited by corporate policy from physically confronting or following shoplifters out of the store. Sometimes they will go out to try to see a license plate. They will never follow beyond the parking lot. I've discussed this openly with employees at both Safeway and Home Depot. They combat this by locking certain products and restrictive return policies, such as tying return cards to a specific ID card and not allowing anyone else to redeem it. (At HD a decent percentage of loss is one person stealing and another returning for cash. They have an internal ranking system for locations based on losses.) Even at Costco the receipt checks are purely performative.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Your blind allegiance to the Orange Man is noted.
And you literally have NO IDEA what you are talking about when it comes to his EO regarding drug costs.

Please educate yourself instead of repeatedly spewing bogus talking points from the right-wing rags that you follow:

Trump's Executive Orders on Prescription Drugs - FactCheck.org

DiabloWags
WalterSobchak said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

I'm serious.

Yep. Most "big" stores have a no chase policy for "loss prevention." Meaning, they are prohibited by corporate policy from physically confronting or following shoplifters out of the store. Sometimes they will go out to try to see a license plate. They will never follow beyond the parking lot. I've discussed this openly with employees at both Safeway and Home Depot. They combat this by locking certain products and restrictive return policies, such as tying return cards to a specific ID card and not allowing anyone else to redeem it. (At HD a decent percentage of loss is one person stealing and another returning for cash. They have an internal ranking system for locations based on losses.) Even at Costco the receipt checks are purely performative.

Yup.

I've seen this over and over again at my local Safeway, especially ever since the private equity fund Cerberus took them over in 2014 for $9.4 Billion. They got rid of undercover security and have told employees to not confront or follow shoplifters out the door given the liability issue. Safeway simply books this as a "cost" of doing business.

It also doesnt help that (at my) Safeway location, there are not 1 but 2 entrances/exits.
Makes for an awful lot of easy shoplifting which we all wind up paying for.

concordtom
movielover said:

Add pro-crime laws, pro-crime DAs, 30+ million undocumented immigrants, lockdowns, Prop 47, drug cartels, woke culture, and stir. Oh yeah. "White supremacy" and capitalism evil.

This is a disgusting bit of drivel.
As if Lawmakers and DA's think crime is a good thing.
As if immigrants, by virtue of being an immigrant, makes them bad people, or even criminals by parking them right after the words crime.

And I dunno what the hell you're saying about the rest of it.
Big C
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

I'm serious.

LOL, I am in one of two Safeways at least three times a week. In Oakland. Haven't seen "professional shoplifters" like that where they just boldly clear off entire shelves, but I'm sure it happens. I think in the video, they are hitting a drugstore-type place with smaller, expensive items that can be easily resold, such as cosmetics.

As to Minot's point about kids and parenting, I consider these professional shoplifters to be adults (though they look kind of small in the video). These people have an "operation" going, similar to the car theft rings.

If it were up to me, our society would be taking these sorts of property crimes more seriously. These aren't people who don't have enough to eat and are taking a loaf of bread. They are professional thieves.

PS: Sorry, concordtom! I know this thread should be kept clean for any "Breaking News"! Any further discussion should be in a dedicated thread.
movielover
Rudy G cleaned up New York partly via the 'broken window' philosophy.

A retired LEO called KGO radio years ago and had this view. 'The best prevention was catching a first crime, treating it seriously, and preventing crime from becoming a "way of life".' His view was that multiple slaps on the wrist, "warnings", probation, dropping cases, etc., emboldened young people into a way of life. By the time they did more serious crimes - GTA, armed robbery, etc. - it was a way of life, and eventually prison time was 'finishing school' and bragging rights.

Also, "wobblers" of the type DA Pamela Price wants as defacto misdemeanors or waived offenses were the oressure needed to get offenders into drug rehab or to earn a GED. Successfully complete rehab, reclassify a felony down.
movielover
Home Depot update: the alleged killer fired the gun over a stolen phone charger, and the victim was a 26 year old engaged Eagle Scout known for doing volunteer work in the community. The perps had their child in the escape vehicle, the woman allegedly fired the weapon before exiting in a high speed chase on 580.
DiabloWags
Benicia Knapps should get the DEATH PENALTY.

Believe it or not, a licensed security guard with a criminal history.
She tried choking herself in the back of the police car with the seat belt, went unconscious and is currently receiving medical care in a local hospital before being taken to Santa Rita Jail.

Unit2Sucks
I would say this is what a "pro crime" DA looks like. This is abhorrent and yet a lot of GOPers probably agree with racist policies like this.

DiabloWags
The victim, Blake Mohs with his fiancee Kasey Silligman.
They were due to get married this summer.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

I would say this is what a "pro crime" DA looks like. This is abhorrent and yet a lot of GOPers probably agree with racist policies like this.

Hopefully, he loses his job.
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.