Breaking News

974,625 Views | 11745 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by DiabloWags
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Kamala Harris can't make a simple speech, the southern border is a historic disaster, and you're obsessed with race baiting.

Kamala Harris is a Democrat so you would criticize her regardless. Your choice of calling her a product of affirmative action is racist.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Kamala Harris can't make a simple speech, the southern border is a historic disaster, and you're obsessed with race baiting.

Kamala Harris is a Democrat so you would criticize her regardless. Your choice of calling her a product of affirmative action is racist.

Her main qualification was being the ex of one of the big cogs in the San Francisco Democrat machine. She's clearly not qualified for the job, she makes Dan Quayle look like a genius.

Quote:

FAUX NEWS SUED FOR DEFAMATIION AGAIN.

Shocker!

An expert who once oversaw a Department of Homeland Security disinformation board filed a defamation suit Wednesday against Fox News, her lawyer said.

Nina Jankowicz said in the suit, filed in Delaware state court, that she was subjected to violent threats because of Fox News' portrayal of her and her role, which included insults made on the network.

"Fox's coverage of Jankowicz was neither news nor political commentary; it was cheap, easy entertainment untethered from the facts, designed to make consumers believe that Jankowicz could and would suppress their speech," her attorneys wrote in the suit. "Fox chose to lie about Jankowicz deliberately."

This "expert"?
calpoly
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Her main qualification was being the ex of one of the big cogs in the San Francisco Democrat machine. She's clearly not qualified for the job, she makes Dan Quayle look like a genius.

Quote:

Shocker!

An expert who once oversaw a Department of Homeland Security disinformation board filed a defamation suit Wednesday against Fox News, her lawyer said.

Nina Jankowicz said in the suit, filed in Delaware state court, that she was subjected to violent threats because of Fox News' portrayal of her and her role, which included insults made on the network.

"Fox's coverage of Jankowicz was neither news nor political commentary; it was cheap, easy entertainment untethered from the facts, designed to make consumers believe that Jankowicz could and would suppress their speech," her attorneys wrote in the suit. "Fox chose to lie about Jankowicz deliberately."

This "expert"?

And you can identify a genius? Hahahahaha
dimitrig
calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Quote:

Shocker!

This "expert"?

And you can identify a genius? Hahahahaha

Yes, in his world it is a white man and definitely not a black woman.

dajo9
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

10 years as Attorney General or Senator of California. Kamala Harris is plenty qualified to be VP and she is doing a good job.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

10 years as Attorney General or Senator of California. Kamala Harris is plenty qualified to be VP and she is doing a good job.
As far as I can tell the only responsibility of the VP is to be alive if the president dies or becomes incapacitated and in that respect Harris has not yet been tested.

Occasionally VPs can take quite important roles legislatively or otherwise - we've seen that with Biden, Cheney, Gore and Bush but many do essentially nothing. I would say at this point Harris is in the latter camp along with Pence.

The people claiming that she is doing anything wrong are mostly racist, misogynist or both. They didn't criticize Pence for doing naught except making excuses for Trump and yet somehow they've now determined that the VP should be performing miracles on the daily.

Maybe she will be the driving force behind voting reform or some other big legislation, in which case she could be seen as a quite consequential VP. Until then she's a pretty typical VP doing her constitutional duty and little more.

While I think she could make a capable president - she's intelligent, strong (I enjoyed a lot of her debate performances) and interesting - unfortunately I don't think she's going to get the chance. In part because of bigotry, she's just not that well liked by many. Likeability is quite important in politics - see Clinton, Hillary - and unfortunately for Harris she doesn't seem to be spiking there. She's not really helping to overcome those challenges with her VP performance so I suspect she will need to serve in some other capacity either in a future administration or in some statewide California office. I could see her running the FBI or DOJ or perhaps she would take a SCOTUS position which would a pretty interesting exit for her.
BearHunter
Based on the lifespan of the average American male, Kamala Harris has a good chance of becoming president before 2025. I don't know if she'll get to pick her own VP but maybe she'll choose someone without basing it on race or gender as the main criteria.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

As far as I can tell the only responsibility of the VP is to be alive if the president dies or becomes incapacitated and in that respect Harris has not yet been tested.

Occasionally VPs can take quite important roles legislatively or otherwise - we've seen that with Biden, Cheney, Gore and Bush but many do essentially nothing. I would say at this point Harris is in the latter camp along with Pence.

The people claiming that she is doing anything wrong are mostly racist, misogynist or both. They didn't criticize Pence for doing naught except making excuses for Trump and yet somehow they've now determined that the VP should be performing miracles on the daily.

Maybe she will be the driving force behind voting reform or some other big legislation, in which case she could be seen as a quite consequential VP. Until then she's a pretty typical VP doing her constitutional duty and little more.

While I think she could make a capable president - she's intelligent, strong (I enjoyed a lot of her debate performances) and interesting - unfortunately I don't think she's going to get the chance. In part because of bigotry, she's just not that well liked by many. Likeability is quite important in politics - see Clinton, Hillary - and unfortunately for Harris she doesn't seem to be spiking there. She's not really helping to overcome those challenges with her VP performance so I suspect she will need to serve in some other capacity either in a future administration or in some statewide California office. I could see her running the FBI or DOJ or perhaps she would take a SCOTUS position which would a pretty interesting exit for her.
The issue for Kamala Harris is that she wasn't even popular enough among Democrats (witness her disappointing performance in the primaries). Hillary Clinton at least had that.

But purely as VPs go, I agree she has basically been par for the course. I think a lot of folks now have higher expectations for the position, given that Bush, Gore, Cheney, and Biden basically came all in a row. But historically VPs have not been nearly that important.
Big C
BearHunter said:

Based on the lifespan of the average American male, Kamala Harris has a good chance of becoming president before 2025. I don't know if she'll get to pick her own VP but maybe she'll choose someone without basing it on race or gender as the main criteria.

You might want to check the way you use data: Rather than using "the lifespan of the average American male", the statistic you want to look at, in this case, is how long can an 80 year old male be expected to live, on average. And the answer is 7 additional years. And Biden seems in decent health and has the best medical care in the world, so he might be expected to live longer than that...

... which would take him through a second term. Sorry to rain on your parade there.

Also, are you named for a bear who is a hunter, or do you hunt bears? Because if the latter, I need to inform you that this is a fan site... of the Bears. Here, we don't hunt bears, we root for them! Stanford and U$C do have their own fan sites, where they probably like to hunt bears.

BearHunter
Hunter Biden doesn't hunt Bidens. It's just a name.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

Your racist assumption is that any pick of a woman or poc that is not a conservative is based on race or gender. Your racist assumption is that only white men non-conservatives are meritocracy picks.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

Your racist assumption is that any pick of a woman or poc that is not a conservative is based on race or gender. Your racist assumption is that only white men non-conservatives are meritocracy picks.
No, Biden said publicly he was going to select a black woman.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

No, he didn't. But even if he did, there are plenty of black women qualified for the job.
Big C
BearHunter said:

Okay, cool. Just wondering because, while Hunter Biden doesn't hunt Bidens, a Biden Hunter might. You see how that works, with the word order?

Lately, I'd love to see a bear hunter who would go out and bag some Bruins!
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

No, he didn't. But even if he did, there are plenty of black women qualified for the job.
You are partially correct. Biden promised to select a black woman for the Supreme Court and promised to select a woman for VP.
BearHunter
Big C said:

BearHunter said:

Okay, cool. Just wondering because, while Hunter Biden doesn't hunt Bidens, a Biden Hunter might. You see how that works, with the word order?

Hunter did snag his sister in law, who technically is a Biden.

Bruins are moving to the Big 10 so we will not care about them anymore.
calbear93
BearHunter said:

Big C said:

BearHunter said:

Hunter did snag his sister in law, who technically is a Biden.

Bruins are moving to the Big 10 so we will not care about them anymore.
We will always care about the Bruins.

Secretly hoping they embarrass themselves for thinking they are better than their elders (maybe not so secretly) but, when their victory becomes inevitable, acting as we were rooting for them in the spirit of rooting for the UC system.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

You either need to up your game or you're disingenuous. It's called Democrat politics. Newsom appointed a Latino to replace Harris in their narcissistic pursuit of more identity "firsts". Biden chose a Black woman running mate, not the most qualified to do the job. CA Dems now need to placate the Black vote. CA Democrat identity politics. That's their mantra.

Let me guess, you believed that Trump appointing Ben Carson to head HUD was a great decision.
Because you know . . . blacks know all about urban housing, right?

This man actually confused the real estate term "REO" with "Oreo"
Literally sounded like he was drunk.
Lmfao!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
MinotStateBeav

This is not a right / Left issue.
Eastern Oregon Bear
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Also, unlike Dan Quayle, she knows how to spell potato and doesn't get into arguments with fictional TV characters.
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

Shocker!

Former White House Disinformation Czar Nina Jankowicz Sues Fox News for Defamation (thedailybeast.com)

Former DHS disinformation expert sues Fox News for defamation (yahoo.com)
Once again, coffee is for closers.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

So in 2018 Trump signed legislation creating CISA and his nominee, Chris Krebs led the Agency. The Agency immediately went on to violate American civil liberties according to Trump supporters.

Trump really was terrible at his job. By all means - hold everyone involved accountable. From the top down.

As for Krebs, he was eventually fired by Trump. But only for saying the 2020 election votes were not compromised. Trump fired Krebs for telling the truth.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

So in 2018 Trump signed legislation creating CISA and his nominee, Chris Krebs led the Agency. The Agency immediately went on to violate American civil liberties according to Trump supporters.

Trump really was terrible at his job. By all means - hold everyone involved accountable. From the top down.

As for Krebs, he was eventually fired by Trump. But only for saying the 2020 election votes were not compromised. Trump fired Krebs for telling the truth.

CISA, the agency Krebs headed, released a report on Dominion Voting Machines on a Friday afternoon, June 3, 2022.

The report showed that software could be leveraged by an attacker to gain elevated privileges and to install malicious code.

The weekend before, CNN admitted that Dominion Voting Machine Software has flaws that can be exploited.

https://www.cisa.gov/news-events/ics-advisories/icsa-22-154-01

So Krebs either knew the machines were vulnerable and lied about it or didn't know and therefore, incompetent.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

DiabloWags said:

Shocker!

Former White House Disinformation Czar Nina Jankowicz Sues Fox News for Defamation (thedailybeast.com)

Former DHS disinformation expert sues Fox News for defamation (yahoo.com)
Once again, coffee is for closers.

Good call.
And, to continue that vibe I think if you zoom in closer you'll see it's an iced coffee.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

CISA, the agency Krebs headed, released a report on Dominion Voting Machines on a Friday afternoon, June 3, 2022.

The report showed that software could be leveraged by an attacker to gain elevated privileges and to install malicious code.

The weekend before, CNN admitted that Dominion Voting Machine Software has flaws that can be exploited.

https://www.cisa.gov/news-events/ics-advisories/icsa-22-154-01

So Krebs either knew the machines were vulnerable and lied about it or didn't know and therefore, incompetent.

This is an extremely weak comeback. I've been reading about exploitable election software since the George W Bush era. In 2004 the left was talking extensively about the vulnerabilities in the Diebold voting systems and their donors to the Republican Party. It's always been a vulnerability. But being exploitable is not the same as having been exploited. You're just a sore loser.
oski003
oski003 said:

Should she be first place in the transgender category or first place in the women's category? Is this fair to biological women?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/03/23/transgender-cyclist-wins-nyc-womens-race/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-12033457/amp/From-born-man-Queen-Mountains-Trans-cyclist-romps-victory-womens-race.html

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans-cyclist-picks-up-overall-victory-tour-of-the-gila.amp

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cycling-team-parts-ways-olympian-inga-thompson-call-protest-ucis-transgender-athlete-policy.amp

Result of the other woman's race won by a different biological man. Olympian Inga Thompson gets too political in protest of this and gets the boot.
movielover

movielover
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

You either need to up your game or you're disingenuous. It's called Democrat politics. Newsom appointed a Latino to replace Harris in their narcissistic pursuit of more identity "firsts". Biden chose a Black woman running mate, not the most qualified to do the job. CA Dems now need to placate the Black vote. CA Democrat identity politics. That's their mantra.

Let me guess, you believed that Trump appointing Ben Carson to head HUD was a great decision.
Because you know . . . blacks know all about urban housing, right?

This man actually confused the real estate term "REO" with "Oreo"
Literally sounded like he was drunk.
Lmfao!

Perfect racist comment; doubly insulting given that Dr. Carson is a world-acclaimed brain surgeon who
has pioneered many new surgical techniques and operations. And you don't show basic respect by referring to him as Dr.

I do suggest to any movie enthusiast consider watching the movie Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story - family friendly, and uplifting. Cuba Gooding plays Dr. Carson.

movielover
Not to mention 2000 Mules systemic voter fraud documentary.

Cal88
DiabloWags said:

This just goes to show how ignorant you are.

The stock hits a 3 year high and is up 50% from a recent low of $45 just six months ago (outperforming everything in sight) and you find a way to label a 4.5% drop in market-cap on some absurd political narrative. - - - Shocker.

The more you post, the more you expose yourself as someone that suffers from Dunning-Kruger.

You have no idea what you're posting about.
Zero.

Bud Light's hangover from hell: Sales figures for America's once-favorite beer reveal how EVERY region in U.S. has turned its back since the Dylan Mulvaney tie-up - as Anheuser-Busch stock is downgraded over 'crisis'
  • Sales in the Rocky Mountains have plummeted by 29 percent
  • The South Atlantic, West North Central and East South Central regions all fell 25 percent
  • Anheuser-Busch has had its stock downgraded by HSBC which says the brewing giant is in a 'crisis'

It comes as analysts at HSBC have downgraded Anheuser-Busch's stock because it is in the midst of a 'crisis' over the marketing blunder.

New figures reveal that Bud Light sales have plummeted in every US region in the wake of its disastrous partnership with Dylan Mulvaney.

America's flagship beer brand has been sent into a steep decline after it used the controversial trans influencer, 26, to promote the beverage.

Carlos Laboy, a managing director at HSBC's global beverage sector, downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev to a hold status. It means that investors should not buy or sell shares of the company.

He said that the backlash is a sign there are 'deeper problems than ABI admits', questioning if it was 'hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12068311/Bud-Light-sales-plunged-region-dropping-29-heartlands.html

Bottom line - you have to be completely clueless to think that this idiotic woke marketing campaign has been nothing short of a monumental business disaster. I am going to question Diablo's fitness to mow his own lawn, in addition of course to his Cal academic credentials.
movielover
Byron Daniel's sends CNN group into a tizzy.

DiabloWags
Utah author Kouri Richins has been arrested for fatally poisoning her husband with a fentanyl-laced cocktail last year.
Eric Richins, 39, died of the fentanyl overdose on March 3, 2022

Author Who Allegedly Fatally Poisoned Husband Had Been Fighting with Him over Luxury Mansion (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
DiabloWags said:

Utah author Kouri Richins has been arrested for fatally poisoning her husband with a fentanyl-laced cocktail last year.
Eric Richins, 39, died of the fentanyl overdose on March 3, 2022

Author Who Allegedly Fatally Poisoned Husband Had Been Fighting with Him over Luxury Mansion (yahoo.com)

She looks like the Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus with a bigger set of veneer gnashers and several more cheeseburgers (…and probably the same mindset towards spouse).

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
^Murder, she wrote.
movielover
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.