Breaking News

974,612 Views | 11745 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by DiabloWags
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

When I travel through Oakland now, it almost looks like a Mad Maxx movie. It seemed in the past there were sections which were poor, but not what we see today. Trash everywhere, graffiti EVERYWHERE ... On top of the graffit on buildings and fences, its on lamp posts, mail boxes, trash cans. Trash everywhere. I stop at a Vietnamese place out on International Blvd and there is graffiti above the awnings on the brick buildings, everywhere imaginable. The curb has graffiti. It just seems like complete lawlessness and lack of order.

I believe Oakland and San Francisco are each hundreds of officers short.

It seems some of the graffiti in Oakland's Chinatown and The Mission (SF) multiplied during Covid lockdowns. I'm sick for the shop owners.

It's amazing that Oakland real estate and rent prices are still so high. If only a couple of hundred thousand people would read the above post, they would realize they are living in crap... "EVERYWHERE". They just don't seem to know it. Sad.

Wake up, sheeple of Oakland!

The geography and weather of southern California up to the bay area is absolutely incredible. Nobody would live in these conditions if it was the middle of the Midwest.
Why do you call the people of Chicago, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Cleveland, etc. nobodies?

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/01/634626538/san-francisco-squalor-city-streets-strewn-with-trash-needles-and-human-feces#:~:text=San%20Francisco's%20streets%20are%20so,on%20the%20majority%20of%20streets.

"San Francisco's streets are so filthy that at least one infectious disease expert has compared the city to some of the dirtiest slums in the world.

The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of the city in February, finding giant mounds of trash and food on the majority of streets. At least 100 discarded needles and more than 300 piles of human feces were also found in downtown San Francisco, according to the report."

I didn't realize the other cities you mentioned has as much per capita filth as Oakland and San Fran.
Has there been investigative reporting about other cities? I haven't been to the Bay Area in about 15 years, so I have no current knowledge, but I also know the right wing media has made the Bay Area their whipping boy in recent years, so I've tended to attribute a large amount of bias to the reports. I also suspect it's probably a tiny fraction of the area in the city having those problems. That said, I've been to East St. Louis and other near third world hellholes around St. Louis and I can't believe San Francisco or Oakland are in those kinds of conditions.
I live in Oakland and while his depressing description can apply to some neighborhoods, to say that it's "everywhere" is totally false. Go up into the hills and you won't find a bunch of graffiti or needles or squalor. You'll find very nice neighborhoods.

The homeless problem has definitely gotten worse in recent years, but the narrative that entire cites of hundreds of thousands of people and expensive real estate are essentially equivalent to the Third World is bulls**t exaggeration from the right wing (which has always had a hard-on for dumping on the Bay Area).
dimitrig
movielover said:

When I travel through Oakland now, it almost looks like a Mad Maxx movie. It seemed in the past there were sections which were poor, but not what we see today. Trash everywhere, graffiti EVERYWHERE ... On top of the graffit on buildings and fences, its on lamp posts, mail boxes, trash cans. Trash everywhere. I stop at a Vietnamese place out on International Blvd and there is graffiti above the awnings on the brick buildings, everywhere imaginable. The curb has graffiti. It just seems like complete lawlessness and lack of order.

I believe Oakland and San Francisco are each hundreds of officers short.

It seems some of the graffiti in Oakland's Chinatown and The Mission (SF) multiplied during Covid lockdowns. I'm sick for the shop owners.

Graffiti is a big problem, but it doesn't take hundreds of police officers to get rid of graffiti.

concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

Breaking News: Man with most votes in history and Commander in Chief

Better than the alternative: a liar, an idiot, and a cheat in it only for his own ego and need to scheme.

You know, there was a psych test done on drivers:
They tested whether a person felt they were getting their faster under different scenarios.
A) 50 mph constant, no traffic.
B) 50 mph average, but having to erratically speed up, slow down and maneuver in and out of traffic - sometimes having to cut off others to get ahead.

Some drivers felt they arrived faster under scenario B.

Some people don't think they are winning unless they are cheating.

I'll take Biden, thank you very much.
50 mph is just fine when compared to that other guy.

Pop Quiz:
What do Napoleon, Hitler and Trump all have in common?
concordtom
I just read an article about the firing of Don Lemon.
I had seen the (Nikki Haley) clip where he stupidly argued that a woman is in her prime in her 20's or 30's, without stating that men, too, also achieve their physical and mental peak quite early.
But this one was the final straw.
Here's the story/analysis, and the clip:

https://apnews.com/article/cnn-don-lemon-fired-collins-harlow-8e276e346de5b5d5cc4384be25e73162

I agree that Lemon did a poor job as the morning show host.
But I can't say strongly enough what an absolute clown this Vivek guy is. Good god, who on earth would vote for him?!?!

UPDATE:
Vivek was on Chuck Todd this morning and make even more of an embarrassment of himself. Wants to replace the FBI with…. The FBI

https://www.yahoo.com/news/presidential-candidate-vivek-ramaswamy-says-191106821.html

BearHunter

William Burns, director of the Central Intelligence Agency since 2021, had three meetings scheduled with Epstein in 2014, when he was deputy secretary of state after sex crime convictions. The reasons are unclear.
MinotStateBeav
oski003
Should she be first place in the transgender category or first place in the women's category? Is this fair to biological women?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/03/23/transgender-cyclist-wins-nyc-womens-race/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-12033457/amp/From-born-man-Queen-Mountains-Trans-cyclist-romps-victory-womens-race.html

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans-cyclist-picks-up-overall-victory-tour-of-the-gila.amp

movielover

movielover

BearHunter
Why did Biden's CIA Director meet with a convicted pedophile who was in charge of an elite child sex trafficking ring?
concordtom

"WHY TRUMP CAN'T WIN"

In a column for the National Review longtime conservative contributing editor Andrew McCarthy claimed that he sees no path to a Donald Trump presidential victory in 2024 if he is the Republican Party's nominee.

Pointing out that he stuck with the former president in 2020 after two impeachments, McCarthy stated he personally "can't do that anymore."

"I believe Trump SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMPEACHED on an array of high crimes and misdemeanors
in 2021 (not just the ill-conceived, politicized 'incitement of insurrection' article pushed through by House Democrats), and then convicted by the Senate and thus disqualified from future public office," he elaborated before apologizing, "I have to answer for having rationalized Trump's unfitness for office, to the extent that his post-2020-election enormities were merely a more blatant demonstration of that unfitness, which was obvious all along (and that other commentators were savaged for having the temerity to notice)."

"This has nothing to do with whether you thought Trump was a good or bad president. It is about recognizing now, before it's too late that he will never be president again," he wrote before concluding, "The point is not how Trump is polling today against DeSantis and Biden. It is that he cannot win a national election. That is why Democrats are working so hard to lure Republicans into nominating him.

The question is not how you personally feel about Trump, or what you think about the accomplishments of his presidency. The question is whether you are content to have Democrats unilaterally rule Washington. That's what a Trump nomination would guarantee."
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

The only reason these people even watch women's sports is to ogle teenagers. If I'm being charitable I would say it's to make them child brides but that's a smaller subset.

Same people who have long opposed Title IX and don't believe women's sports should even exist because they think women should be at home making babies rather than in school or pursuing their own interests.

I find it hilarious that after spending decades opposing women's sports they now claim to save them. It just turns out that their transphobia exceeds their misogyny.

Stephen Miller, the NAZI.
Enough said.

In June, Miller was likened to a Nazi by a White House adviser, according to Vanity Fair.

"Stephen actually enjoys seeing those pictures at the border," the outside adviser told the magazine. "He's a twisted guy, the way he was raised and picked on. There's always been a way he's gone about this. He's Waffen-SS."

Miller has also faced widespread condemnation from the US Jewish community, most notably from his childhood rabbi.

"Honestly, Mr Miller, you've set back the Jewish contribution to making the world spiritually whole through your arbitrary division of these desperate people," Rabbi Neil Comess-Daniels said in his address for the Jewish new year. "The actions that you now encourage President Trump to take make it obvious to me that you didn't get my, or our, Jewish message."

Comess-Daniels made his comments at the Beth Shir Shalom congregation, which Miller attended with his family in 1999-2003.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
And he has mo concerns for Biden & the Deep States proxy war with Russia, 40-year record inflation, and potential housing / banking crisis?
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
movielover said:

And he has mo concerns for Biden & the Deep States proxy war with Russia, 40-year record inflation, and potential housing / banking crisis?

Thank you Biden for helping Ukraine. Also, high inflation has come with record job growth. Two sides of the same coin. Any banking crisis is owned by Jerome Powell. And housing crisis?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
oski003
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Thank you Biden for helping Ukraine. Also, high inflation has come with record job growth. Two sides of the same coin. Any banking crisis is owned by Jerome Powell. And housing crisis?

Biden (re)appointed Powell. Should we blame the Easter Bunny?
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

If I could have $5 for every single time you have mentioned here that Powell was (re) appointed by Biden, I'd have $4
million more than I have now. You keep repeating this as if it has any significance.

It doesnt.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

If I could have $5 for every single time you have mentioned here that Powell was (re) appointed by Biden, I'd have $4 million more than I have now. You keep repeating this as if it has any significance.

It doesnt.

It does. Thanks.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

If I could have $5 for every single time you have mentioned here that Powell was (re) appointed by Biden, I'd have $4 million more than I have now. You keep repeating this as if it has any significance.

It doesnt.

It does. Thanks.

Sorry, but you're wrong about that.

The CPI was already at 6.8% in November of 2021 when Biden (re) appointed Powell.
It was the largest 12-month increase since June 1982
The cattle were well out of the barn by then.
The damage was done.

Consumer prices up 6.8 percent for year ended November 2021 : The Economics Daily: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)

You clearly arent aware of this.
That's why you think that Powell being (re)appointed by Biden in Nov. 2021 had significance.
It clearly didnt. The damage was already done.

Duh.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

It doesnt.

It does. Thanks.

Sorry, but you're wrong about that.

The CPI was already at 6.8% in November of 2021 when Biden (re) appointed Powell.
It was the largest 12-month increase since June 1982
The cattle were well out of the barn by then.
The damage was done.

Consumer prices up 6.8 percent for year ended November 2021 : The Economics Daily: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)

You clearly arent aware of this.
That's why you think that Powell being (re)appointed by Biden in Nov. 2021 had significance.
It clearly didnt. The damage was already done.

Duh.

. Powell continued QE under Biden. You clearly aren't aware of this. It has significance. More damage was done.

Duh.
DiabloWags
Cool story.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Three weeks after his (re) appointment, Jerome Powell did a mea-culpa in December and admitted that inflation wasnt "transient" and that the Fed needed to start raising interest rates.

You really should just stop.
Youre embarrassing yourself.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Cool story.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Three weeks after his (re) appointment, Jerome Powell did a mea-culpa in December and admitted that inflation wasnt "transient" and that the Fed needed to start raising interest rates.

Powell served under Biden since January 2021 and was selected for reappointment in late 2021. Interesting that he kept QE and didn't raise interest rates (only a quarter point) until March 2022.

DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story.
You have no idea what you're talking about. - - - But you just keep DIGGING.

Powell served under Biden since January 2021 and was selected for reappointment in late 2021. Interesting that he kept QE and didn't raise interest rates (only a quarter point) until March 2022.

You're terribly misinformed.
And still dont know what youre talking about. QE had to be tapered. Duh.

Jerome Powell Ditches 'Transitory' Tag, Paves Way for Rate Hike

Senate Banking Committee testimony.
One week after being re-appointed.

November 30, 2021

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/powell-ditches-transitory-inflation-tag-paves-way-for-rate-hike

The Fed met two weeks later, Dec. 14/15.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cool story.
You have no idea what you're talking about. - - - But you just keep DIGGING.

And still dont know what youre talking about. QE had to be tapered. Duh.

Jerome Powell Ditches 'Transitory' Tag, Paves Way for Rate Hike

November 30, 2021

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-30/powell-ditches-transitory-inflation-tag-paves-way-for-rate-hike

And still dont know what youre talking about. Powell worked under the Easter Bunny for a full year while still pumping money into the economy and keeping artificially low interest rates, and the Easter Bunny reappointed him.
DiabloWags
Youre extremely ignorant.
And thats being kind.

When was the last time a Fed Chairman (while serving his term) was fired by an incoming President?

Answer: NEVER
DiabloWags
Gee, why is that?

Is it because the law states that a Fed Chairman can ONLY BE REMOVED FOR CAUSE?

Of course it is.
Duh.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Gee, why is that?

Of course it is.
Duh.

Where is the law that states that the Fed Chairman has to be reappointed by the EASTER BUNNY?

Of course he doesn't. Gee, why is that?
Duh. And I'm being kind.
Big C

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CONCORDTOM WOULD LIKE ME (MAYBE) TO REMIND YOU TO KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAR FOR ANY BREAKING NEWS THAT MIGHT OCCUR. MORE DETAILED DISCUSSIONS AND INVIGORATING BACK-AND-FORTHS, SUCH AS THE ABOVE, CAN OCCUR ON THEIR OWN, DEDICATED THREADS.

PS: AND DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MUCKING UP THE "OBITUARIES" THREAD (CONCORDTOM'S LEGACY)
BearHunter
BREAKING NEWS: Joe Biden was just notified he will run for reelection in 2024.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Gee, why is that?

Of course it is.
Duh.

Where is the law that states that the Fed Chairman has to be reappointed by the EASTER BUNNY?

Of course he doesn't. Gee, why is that?
Duh. And I'm being kind.

Sadly, youre ignorance knows no bounds.

Inflation was already pushing 7% by the time Biden (re)appointed Jerome Powell.
In fact, the inflation rate in November 2021 was the highest since June 1982,
By then, the damage was already done.

But feel free to keep your head stuck in the "sand" of ignorance.
You do it well.

DiabloWags
oski003 said:

As if Biden could have fired Powell.
As if the Fed Chairman was some kind of a cabinet position.
lol

I must admit, you sure do have a knack for talking about things that you know nothing about.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

As if Biden could have fired Powell.
As if the Fed Chairman was some kind of a cabinet position.
lol

I must admit, you sure do have a knack for talking about things that you know nothing about.

As if I said Biden could have fired Powell. Your ignorance knows no bounds. The Easter Bunny reappointed him. Lol. Duh.
concordtom
Big C said:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CONCORDTOM WOULD LIKE ME (MAYBE) TO REMIND YOU TO KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAR FOR ANY BREAKING NEWS THAT MIGHT OCCUR. MORE DETAILED DISCUSSIONS AND INVIGORATING BACK-AND-FORTHS, SUCH AS THE ABOVE, CAN OCCUR ON THEIR OWN, DEDICATED THREADS.

PS: AND DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MUCKING UP THE "OBITUARIES" THREAD (CONCORDTOM'S LEGACY)

Maybe I should have them carve my username and password into my tombstone.

Maybe I should have my estate offer GregBear $1M in order to compile all my BI posts so it can be published into a Book of Life.

I think there would be some interesting subtitles. Anyone want to make some suggestions?

Attention: this is what's called a "softball" setup for all my frenemies. Creativity shall be rewarded.
concordtom
But truly, I appreciate the humor.
I mean, it was a lot of fun to follow their debate about Jerome Powell and the Easter Bunny on the Breaking News thread.

See, Okaydo simply ain't policing His thread effectively!
Get on it, O!
movielover
I thought Democrats were blocking debates to protect Mumbles? RFK Jr would make him look like Fetterman.

First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.