Breaking News

981,208 Views | 11776 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by movielover
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

BlackRock is huge in the White House and ... plans to help rebuild Ukraine. What a racket. They apparently are a weapons manufacturer, so they make money selling it, using it, investing it, breaking it, and rebuilding it.

Lots of BlackRock people in key roles in the WH, also allegedly with goals to prevent more oversight.

Once again, you demonstrate that you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Well, he did use more weasel words than usual.

He claims that BlackRock is a weapons manufacturer.
He might be the dumbest person on this board . . . and that's saying a LOT.
Too funny!
movielover
DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

BlackRock is huge in the White House and ... plans to help rebuild Ukraine. What a racket. They apparently are a weapons manufacturer, so they make money selling it, using it, investing it, breaking it, and rebuilding it.

Lots of BlackRock people in key roles in the WH, also allegedly with goals to prevent more oversight.

Once again, you demonstrate that you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Too funny!

"The company's "U.S. aerospace and defense" fund has billions of dollars invested in major weapons contractors like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman. These firms are the top recipients of Pentagon contracts, splitting $100 billion in our tax dollars among them in 2017."

https://medium.com/@williamhartung55/blackrock-funding-war-preaching-social-responsibility-360bb4cea6eb

Does calling people names give you a stuffy?

And has a single black person moved into Diablo?
oski003
calbear93 said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

The Donilon Family White House

- Thomas E. Donilon
is Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute. He served as NSA to President Barack Obama and key advisor to Joe Biden.
- Mike Donilon - Tom's brother - is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden.
- Catherine Russell - Tom Donilon's wife - is the White House Personnel Director. Donilon's wife controls every hire in the Office of the Presidency.
-Sarah Donilon - Tom's daughter - a 2019 college graduate, now works on the White House National Security Council .
-Eric Van Nostrand Treasury Department, senior advisor for Russia & Ukraine
- Brian Deese - National Economic Council (no economics degree)
- Adewale "Wally" Adeyemo - deputy Treasury secretary

-Cheryl Mills, Hillary Clinton's attorney of record, is on BlackRocks board (token diversity hire)

https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us/leadership

https://ir.blackrock.com/governance/board-of-directors/default.aspx
But how is an investment advisory firm a weapons manufacturer?

I think some right wingers mix up blackrock with blackwater.
sonofabear51
Agreed 1000%.
Start Slowly and taper off
Big C
oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

- Thomas E. Donilon
is Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute. He served as NSA to President Barack Obama and key advisor to Joe Biden.
- Catherine Russell - Tom Donilon's wife - is the White House Personnel Director. Donilon's wife controls every hire in the Office of the Presidency.
-Sarah Donilon - Tom's daughter - a 2019 college graduate, now works on the White House National Security Council .

-Cheryl Mills, Hillary Clinton's attorney of record, is on BlackRocks board (token diversity hire)

"Not my fault! I heard 'black' and my brain lost all ability to reason!"

- right winger
Big C
oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

- Thomas E. Donilon

"Oh. Never mind... "

- right winger
dimitrig

I love Joe Biden as President because I don't have to spend hours of my life every day wondering what fustercluck our Orange Fuhrer is going to surprise us with next.

Is Biden perfect? No, but at least I know he isn't actively trying to cater to RWNJs and conservative billionaires. If Biden has a stroke tomorrow and is declared brain dead I would still vote for him over Trump next year.

dimitrig
U And An Actual Crane said:

dimitrig said:

I love Joe Biden as President because I don't have to spend hours of my life every day wondering what fustercluck our Orange Fuhrer is going to surprise us with next.

Is Biden perfect? No, but at least I know he isn't actively trying to cater to RWNJs and conservative billionaires. If Biden has a stroke tomorrow and is declared brain dead I would still vote for him over Trump next year.
Or you could vote for somebody who's not brain dead. But since DemoKKKrats only engage in binary thinking, they are unable to view the world in any other way.

Well, in the primary I very well might vote for someone else. I did last time.

However, if it comes down to braindead Biden and Trump (or DeSantis for that matter) I am going with Biden.

sonofabear51
Exactly!
Start Slowly and taper off
cbbass1
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Can I get an Amen at the end of a political speech is too much for me. I also don't want my politicians to say let's bow our heads in prayer. Call me crazy...or an atheist.

Agreed 100%

And I'm a massive Track & Field fan but I just cant stand the post race inteview in which "All Glory Goes to God".

I'm with both of you there.

I have a pretty low opinion of the heretics who've hijacked my religion (I'm a practicing Christian, and active in my faith community). AND I'm a firm believer in the Separation of Church and State. The 1st Amendment is pretty clear that there should be no State religion. Period.

The football players who make the sign of the cross as part of their TD celebration apparently haven't read Matthew 6.

IF one belongs to a church or follows a faith because the "cool" people are doing that, it's a faith that's shallow-rooted. It's the people who remain faithful despite being persecuted and ridiculed who have true faith.

Even worse are the politicians who claim to be "Christian," but are loathe to pay decent wages to workers, or feed the hungry, or house the homeless. For them, there's Matthew 25:31-46.

IF ONLY those who claim to be "Christian" would just "Love one another," as Jesus taught, we'd probably have fewer atheists. And a lot less war & poverty.

movielover

Cal88
bearister
America's fastest-growing demographic groups

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/29/fastest-growing-demographics
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
SCOTUS outlaws the considering of race of applicants for admission.

In a 6-3 decision, the court struck down admissions plans at Harvard and the University of North Carolina, the nation's oldest private and public colleges, respectively.

Supreme Court rules that colleges must stop considering the race of applicants for admission (yahoo.com)

movielover
DiabloWags said:

In a 6-3 decision, the court struck down admissions plans at Harvard and the University of North Carolina, the nation's oldest private and public colleges, respectively.

Supreme Court rules that colleges must stop considering the race of applicants for admission (yahoo.com)

Years ago I concluded economic affirmative action is a better choice. The children of black billionaires don't need affirmative action.
movielover
MinotStateBeav
New Photos of Biden using his CPAP machine are emerging
sycasey
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

Years ago I concluded economic affirmative action is a better choice. The children of black billionaires don't need affirmative action.

Surprisingly, I kind of agree. There are other ways to lift people from less fortunate backgrounds, if that's your goal.
movielover
CA already neutered this.

1. Taking tol 10% by school (not state)
2. Removing the SAT requirement
3. Holistic approach
4. Next - 'banding'?
Cal88

I wonder how much it's going to cost to dispose of and recycle these...
oski003
Cal88 said:

I wonder how much it's going to cost to dispose of and recycle these...
Can't we buy more solar panels from Chinese factories powered by coal plants?
movielover
I find you guilty of using logic.
calbear93
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Too funny!

"The company's "U.S. aerospace and defense" fund has billions of dollars invested in major weapons contractors like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman. These firms are the top recipients of Pentagon contracts, splitting $100 billion in our tax dollars among them in 2017."

https://medium.com/@williamhartung55/blackrock-funding-war-preaching-social-responsibility-360bb4cea6eb

This is ridiculous. Every single investment advisory firm has industry specific funds. It is an investment decision. When growth is slowed, i rotate some investments to defensive stocks like energy and aerospace/defense. Does my investment then make me a weapons manufacturer? If that is your point, then it's a misleading non-point. And you cannot be for strong military and protection against geopolitical developments and then besmirch Lockheed, Ratheon, Northrop, etc. Do you want us to have no military?

Plenty of arguments you can make about BlackRock, including that their ESG focus on proxy voting is misaligned with their investment decisions on the buy side resulting in greenwashing behavior by companies that's all pretty picture and no real action, or that their fiduciary duty should be to their accounts and focusing on something like ESG without evidence of ESG behavior creating better return is a breach of their fiduciary duty under the law.

But weapons manufacturer claim negates all valid criticism you may otherwise make and makes any future complaint about BlackRock from you appear to be misleading and quite honestly whacky.
movielover
They could divest.
BearHunter

Biden condemns ruling against race-conscious admissions: 'This is not a normal court!"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2023/jun/29/supreme-court-rulings-latest-affirmative-action-student-debt-us-news-biden-trump
movielover
DiabloWags
Kevin Costner's estranged wife Christine Baumgartner agrees to finally move out of his compound, but ONLY if he OK's her $250,000 monthly support request, according to court docs.

They had been married for 18 years.
They have 3 children.

OdontoBear66
DiabloWags said:

Kevin Costner's estranged wife Christine Baumgartner agrees to finally move out of his compound, but ONLY if he OK's her $250,000 monthly support request, according to court docs.

When love ain't grand it can be expensive.
calbear93
movielover said:

I find you guilty of using logic.

So you think our military should not exist? I support each of those companies. They are no more evil than energy companies, tech companies. Why should they divest when their clients want that fund? You of course can feel free not to invest in any equity, and specifically any BlackRock fund, and put your money under the mattress.
MinotStateBeav
I would have just stayed married, would have been cheaper for the old guy. He could have hidden assets like all happy marriages!
DiabloWags
Wyking Jones said:

Or you could vote for somebody who's not brain dead. But since DemoKKKrats only engage in binary thinking, they are unable to view the world in any other way.

Another brand new account created TODAY eh Yogi?
That's 2 new accounts in the same day.

DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Too funny!

Once again, you prove that you have no clue what you're talking about.
You look like an ignorant fool the more you keep "digging" and posting about BlackRock.

BlackRock doesnt "support" any of those defense companies. They simply created an ETF.
Doesnt sound like you have any idea what an ETF is.

Shocker!

Moreover, I bet you cant find a single person that's a Board of Director of any of those defense contractors from BlackRock.

I've got $10,000 that says you cant find anyone from BlackRock on those boards.
Wanna play???

iShares ETF Investments List | iShares - BlackRock

movielover
How's the affordable housing plan coming for your city? Low income housing?
DiabloWags
movielover said:

How's the affordable housing plan coming for your city? Low income housing?

I dont live in the town of Diablo fool.
But the town that I live in is complying.

What's wrong bro???

Can't pony up some $$$ to make a bet about BlackRock?

You just gonna spend the rest of the 4th of July weekend polluting this board with your lies?
Cause you have nothing else to do from your parent's basement?

DiabloWags

What's wrong???

Cant find a SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET that substantiates your claim that this guy is a transgender female playing on a senior women's rugby team in Ontario, Canada?

You repeatedly post LIES here.
And you dont care.

You're one of the single biggest reasons why this OT Forum is a joke.

First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.