Breaking News

981,367 Views | 11779 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by bearister
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Big C:
I know a bunch of high school groups that are taking various tours of France right now. Parents of these students are probably sh*****g bricks. Good times.

That's a great travel experience for these kids though, watching history in the making (provided their exchange school hasn't burned down!). They're pretty safe provided they don't actually seek out the riot areas.
movielover
Daily Mail: "Domestic intelligence seen by French newspaper Le Monde has also warned the president that riots could become increasingly 'widespread' and continue for the 'coming nights'.

"French police have said that they are currently 'at war' with 'savage hordes of vermin', The Telegraph reported after violence continued throughout the evening.

"Two of the country's biggest police unions have threatened a revolt unless Mr Macron restores order.

"They said: 'Today the police are in combat as we are at war. Tomorrow we will be in resistance and the government should be aware of this.' "

BearHunter
Big C said:

I know a bunch of high school groups that are taking various tours of France right now. Parents of these students are probably sh*****g bricks. Good times.

Convince the kids to visit Belgium instead?
Cal88
movielover
British commentator Neil Oliver on Sunday Talks outlines the Globalist targeting and de-banking of Nigel Farage.

He also comments on similiar Progressive mandates, like mandating to Netherlands citizens that they must sell their homes below market value.

movielover
Race rioters chant "Allah Akbar" in France; high rise residential building torched. No end is sight.

https://humanevents.com/2023/07/02/shocking-race-rioters-chant-allahu-akbar-as-they-torch-france-719-arrested
movielover
The Truth about France - what the Elites hide

France vs Poland - what's different?

movielover
Holocaust memorial desecrated in France.

https://fb.watch/lxVk5tLJmP/?mibextid=Nif5oz
movielover
The thugs are targeting mayor's now, including families.
bearister
During the 2022 contest:

"Less than three minutes into the contest last year, a man wearing a Darth Vader mask rushed the stage and bumped into Chestnut, who at the time was devouring his 18th hot dog.

Seconds later, Chestnut took matters into his own hands. He briefly put a chokehold on Gilbertson, who fell to the ground and was pulled off stage by security.

"Bro hero that he is and always will be, (Chestnut) got the guy in a headlock and didn't even drop his hot dogs," said Shea."
-USA Today

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
Kevin Costner's estranged wife gives new meaning to TAKING HIM TO THE CLEANERS!

Costner accused Christine of funding her legal services in their divorce on his dime.
lol

movielover
I met a tall lass on the peninsula at one of the hip athletic club mixers more than two decades ago. She claimed to have 'dated' him. She claimed they could have gone to top Westside restaurants and entered inconspicuously through the back door, but he preferred to go through the front door and get airplay, partly by being with a young, tall blonde. I wasn't impressed.

Unless there's a prenuptial, that's her money, too. Now we have another data point on the slow death of Yellowstone.
DiabloWags
I'm more impressed with Joe Kapp coming back from the dead and posting at Bearinsider!

GO BEARS!

Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Kevin Costner's estranged wife gives new meaning to TAKING HIM TO THE CLEANERS!

Costner accused Christine of funding her legal services in their divorce on his dime.
lol

Happen to see Costner last night at dinner - he didn't seem to be in bad spirits. I guess when you are worth $400M, the fact that your wife of 2 decades and mother of 3 of your 6 kids wants a few million bucks a year probably isn't that much of a problem.

Obviously I don't know anything about their personal situation, but it seems weird that people are smearing his wife.

Costner has never had a reputation as a nice guy and what he's offered his wife is pretty far from the way they were living. He's asked her to move out of their $145M house and offered her ~$450k per year in support which is what he spends on gardening for just one of his homes. It's also what he spends on the 2 beach clubs he belongs to. But on the plus side, he's incredibly generous with charity - $36k reported last year which is almost as much as he spends on his golf dues.

Her request might seem extravagant to normal people, but by almost any measure the lifestyle she and their 3 kids became accustomed to was even more extravagant. On the other hand, maybe this will give the kids a lesson in humility that they otherwise never would have had.

I'm not sure why this is so newsworthy though - rich people get divorced all the time, although I suppose they do a better job keeping this stuff private.
movielover
New York Post: "Democrat Stacey Plaskett says Trump 'needs to be shot' in TV stumble over alleged mishandling of classified documents"

Stumble?
DiabloWags
Rich people get divorced all the time.
But do they spend $188,000 a month on plastic surgery?

Kevin Costner claims estranged wife Christine spent $188K a month on plastic surgery last year (yahoo.com)

Costner's first wife of 16 years, Cindy Silva got $80 million in their settlement in 1994 because Costner didnt sign a prenup. This time around its different.

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

But on the plus side, he's incredibly generous with charity - $36k reported last year which is almost as much as he spends on his golf dues.

At least Costner donated TWICE as much to charity as Joe and Jill Biden did in 2021.
$17,394 with $5,000 going to the Beau Biden Foundation.

Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Rich people get divorced all the time.
But do they spend $188,000 a month on plastic surgery?

Kevin Costner claims estranged wife Christine spent $188K a month on plastic surgery last year (yahoo.com)

Costner's first wife of 16 years, Cindy Silva got $80 million in their settlement in 1994 because Costner didnt sign a prenup. This time around its different.

I have no idea what you could possibly be doing on a monthly basis to rack up that sort of bill. Maybe she had a $2M surgery? That part boggles the mind.

But from the article you linked there are a couple of ridiculous points. The first is that he's offering them $1M for a home to move into since they've been kicked out of the $145M childhood home. If she doesn't want to move her 3 teenagers away from their friends, etc. her options are pretty limited in Montecito.

The galling part is this:
Quote:

Kevin says "Christine's assertion that our three teenage children 'need' $248,000 ... a month to live is astonishing to me and ... not accurate. Nor can I afford to pay those amounts and pay my living and business expenses without liquidating assets."
It sounds like either he's spinning quite a tale or he has serious liquidity problems and that he can't really afford his lifestyle. The fact that he is complaining about $250k per month for his kids when he has a $145M home and a $60M+ ranch (along with other homes) and has so many other extraordinary expenses says a lot. It's not like he had any problems with their lavish lifestyle during his long marriage but apparently continuing that lifestyle would be astonishing.

The article also mentions the "guideline" support was $125k but he offered only $38k.

I don't think Costner is going to come out of this ordeal looking like a good guy.
BearHunter
And Hallie Biden , who was once Beau Biden's wife is now Hunter Biden's lover. In the Biden family, there is no greater love than a love between former brother and sister in laws.
bearister
He wasn't worth squat when he married his college girlfriend. Everything he earned during their marriage was community property.
The reason she is smiling in the DM photos below is she was probably thinking about how she got a twofer when she dumped him:

1. She got rid of his cheating arse;

2. She got $80M.

Kevin Costner's first wife seen 30 years after their divorce

https://mol.im/a/12260179

*My recollection is that when Steven Spielberg dumped Amy Irving for Kate Capshaw, he asked Amy if a check for $101M would kiss the owie, and Amy said, "Sure, and I'll stay friends for life!"
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

The article also mentions the "guideline" support was $125k but he offered only $38k.

I don't think Costner is going to come out of this ordeal looking like a good guy.

Sounds like she signed a prenup and there are guidelines.
Popcorn ready!

DiabloWags
bearister said:

He wasn't worth squat when he married his college girlfriend. Everything he earned during their marriage was community property.
The reason she is smiling in the DM photos below is she was probably thinking about how she got a twofer when she dumped him:

1. She got rid of his cheating arse;

2. She got $80M.

*My recollection is that when Steven Spielberg dumped Amy Irving for Kate Capshaw, he asked Amy if a check for $101M would kiss the owie, and Amy said, "Sure, and I'll stay friends for life!"

For context, $80 million back in 1994 is now $164 million.
The things we do for love.

bearister
Guys like Kevin and Mel expected their age appropriate long time wives to keep putting out like 25-30 year olds and when the wives told them that isn't the way of the universe, they paid them millions and went after 25-30 year olds. Crazy to me, anyway.
movielover
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

But on the plus side, he's incredibly generous with charity - $36k reported last year which is almost as much as he spends on his golf dues.

At least Costner donated TWICE as much to charity as Joe and Jill Biden did in 2021.
$17,394 with $5,000 going to the Beau Biden Foundation.

Bubba Clinton wrote off donated, used
underwear.

Maybe Dances with Wolves has eyes for hottie Kelsey Asbille?
movielover
Oh boy. Lack of leadership killing us here on this whopper.

Reinsurance Rates for catastrophic coverage jump as high as 50% to insurance companies effective July 1st

LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) "U.S. property catastrophe reinsurance rates rose by as much as 50% at a key July 1 renewal date, broker Gallagher Re said in a report on Monday, with states such as California and Florida increasingly hit by wildfires and hurricanes.

"Reinsurers insure insurance companies, and have been raising rates in recent years because of steepening losses, which industry players put down in part to the impact of climate change. Higher reinsurance rates can affect the premiums which insurers charge to their customers.

"U.S. reinsurance rates for policies which previously faced claims for natural catastrophes rose 30-50%, Gallagher Re said.

"Reinsurance rates for similar policies in Florida rose 30-40%, the broker added.

"Some insurance firms have pulled out because of the risk of heavy losses. State Farm said in May it would stop selling new insurance policies to homeowners in California.

"In Florida, "all the major carriers (insurers) left and so you ended up with this market which is populated by a large number of very small, very thinly capitalised insurers which is exactly what you don't want," James Vickers, chairman international, reinsurance, at Gallagher Re told Reuters. ..."

What could Newsom have done? Has he been playing his fiddle and running for POTUS while Rome burned?

An aggressive, proactive fire suppression / forest management strategy could have helped. It should have been a top priority, not an afterthought.

Laura Loomer@LauraLoomer

"SCOOP: I'm told by a source in Florida's Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) that the following insurance carriers that do business in Florida are allegedly in very bad financial shape and are possibly on the brink of collapsing before the end of the year. This is being covered…"
dimitrig
movielover said:

Reinsurance Rates for catastrophic coverage jump as high as 50% to insurance companies effective July 1st

LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) "U.S. property catastrophe reinsurance rates rose by as much as 50% at a key July 1 renewal date, broker Gallagher Re said in a report on Monday, with states such as California and Florida increasingly hit by wildfires and hurricanes.

"Reinsurers insure insurance companies, and have been raising rates in recent years because of steepening losses, which industry players put down in part to the impact of climate change. Higher reinsurance rates can affect the premiums which insurers charge to their customers.

"U.S. reinsurance rates for policies which previously faced claims for natural catastrophes rose 30-50%, Gallagher Re said.

"Reinsurance rates for similar policies in Florida rose 30-40%, the broker added.

"Some insurance firms have pulled out because of the risk of heavy losses. State Farm said in May it would stop selling new insurance policies to homeowners in California.

"In Florida, "all the major carriers (insurers) left and so you ended up with this market which is populated by a large number of very small, very thinly capitalised insurers which is exactly what you don't want," James Vickers, chairman international, reinsurance, at Gallagher Re told Reuters. ..."

What could Newsom have done? Has he been playing his fiddle and running for POTUS while Rome burned?

An aggressive, proactive fire suppression / forest management strategy could have helped. It should have been a top priority, not an afterthought.

Laura Loomer@LauraLoomer

"SCOOP: I'm told by a source in Florida's Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) that the following insurance carriers that do business in Florida are allegedly in very bad financial shape and are possibly on the brink of collapsing before the end of the year. This is being covered…"

What is DeSantis doing for Floridians?
movielover
Poser bought by the Wall Street Globalists.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Laura Loomer@LauraLoomer

Somebody should tell the insurance companies that climate change is the biggest lie and scam in human history.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

Laura Loomer@LauraLoomer

Somebody should tell the insurance companies that climate change is the biggest lie and scam in human history.

Is someone here saying climate change is a big lie and a scam? I missed that post.
movielover
California forests, building into forested areas, and PGE have been mismanaged for decades. Blaming so-called climate change is a head fake.
dajo9
Record insurance company profits incoming
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
This may slow down movement to Florida and add to reasons (for some) to exit California.
dajo9
Pretty soon CA and FL homeowners insurance may be as expensive as Texas

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.star-telegram.com/news/local/article275998876.html
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
tequila4kapp
Reports indicate cocaine was found in the White House.
smh
dajo9 said:

Pretty soon CA and FL homeowners insurance may be as expensive as Texas
> The reason homeowners insurance is so expensive in Texas is because the state is at worsening risk for a myriad of natural disasters, including hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes and hail, which could damage your home.

not natural, gradually increasing for the rest of our pathetic lives
First Page Last Page
Page 210 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.