Breaking News

980,453 Views | 11776 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

HearstMining said:

This could be pretty intriguing. This ownership group might push some innovative thinking to drive down construction cost and possibly energy usage. Factory_OS modular home builders is just over the hill on Mare Island and they've collaborated with Autodesk and Google on some projects, so are used to working with the tech industry. From what I've read, they focus on multi-unit construction. There are plenty of folks who would stay in the Bay Area if they could afford to be in a decent quality location.

Bingo.
This is along the lines of what I'm thinking.

There are incredible new ways to do things, from transportation to energy to manufacturing.

A well financed, forward looking, group of people, in a market (read: overpriced) that allows for mistakes, could usher in big societal changes.

Where do I sign up?

I have never seen a "master planned community" that I would be willing to live in.

Perhaps you and I are not representative of the population.
movielover
concordtom said:

HearstMining said:

This could be pretty intriguing. This ownership group might push some innovative thinking to drive down construction cost and possibly energy usage. Factory_OS modular home builders is just over the hill on Mare Island and they've collaborated with Autodesk and Google on some projects, so are used to working with the tech industry. From what I've read, they focus on multi-unit construction. There are plenty of folks who would stay in the Bay Area if they could afford to be in a decent quality location.

Bingo.

There are incredible new ways to do things, from transportation to energy to manufacturing.

A well financed, forward looking, group of people, in a market (read: overpriced) that allows for mistakes, could usher in big societal changes.

Where do I sign up?

Examples?
movielover
oski003 said:

Big C said:

It's so mysterious! I'm thinking all of these "buyers" are a front for George Soros, who wants to be able to somehow be able to ground all the planes at Travis Air Force Base when he takes over!

The buyers are actually white people who, according to GFR, are all racist. They probably therefore just want to segregate themselves from the inferior
races.

Have you been to East Dublin / San Ramon hills, including the new gated communities with large homes and tiny lots?
oski003
movielover said:

oski003 said:

Big C said:

It's so mysterious! I'm thinking all of these "buyers" are a front for George Soros, who wants to be able to somehow be able to ground all the planes at Travis Air Force Base when he takes over!

The buyers are actually white people who, according to GFR, are all racist. They probably therefore just want to segregate themselves from the inferior
races.

Have you been to East Dublin / San Ramon hills, including the new gated communities with large homes and tiny lots?

No.
movielover
$2 Million dollar new homes, with areas appearing 95% East Indian.

East Dublin HS, under construction, will cost $450 Million?
Big C

^^^ They've pushed the Irish right out of Dublin! Not fair! ^^^
movielover
Also saw a number of street vagrants in central Dublin, a new phenomenon.
concordtom
movielover said:

concordtom said:

HearstMining said:

Bingo.

Where do I sign up?

Examples?

I have a vision.

1. Electricity:

I see PG&E as a big long term financial disaster. They are liable for fires everywhere because their equipment spanning thousands and thousands of miles fails with wind and it's installed in ever re-growing timber country - which is nearly everywhere. Nature is a battle they can't win. They are limping trees, and claiming to be retro-under-grounding everything. This is too expensive. The sooner one disengages from this the better. Both my homes are tied to endless PG&E rate increases. Yikes!

Alternatively….New transmission lines go underground.
New generation and storage is coming online. Solar and wind are abundant in the area south of Travis AFB. Tesla battery storage has proven successful.

2. Building Production:

There are many firms which are developing prefab housing faster and cheaper than traditional stick buildings. Modular. To the centimeter. Energy efficient, air tight boxes.

3. Rancho Santa Margarita:

Have you ever driven there?
Wide sweeping boulevards with walking jogging trails on either side of the roadway and a planted median between directions. It's quite pleasant, and quite the contrast to 6' cement sidewalk LA or Oakland or SF or…. Basically, urban planning keeps improving for our American style of development, which means Cars. In the old days, a road was drawn, and people built as close as possible. Suburbs like Concord have setbacks to the street, sure, but the street are often inadequate and unpleasant. DiabloWags will agree with here.
There are MANY Rancho Santa Margaritas everywhere. These folks would build it out similarly. Maybe they'll even add a modern public transportation option as well. Go dense. Not likely, though. No $ in that for them.

4. Put it all together:

A housing developer should start their own utility company. Not only would the environmentally friendly aspect attract people, but it would be cheaper
AND
they not only make their money back on the initial sale of real estate up front, but they effectively lock in a long term revenue stream for all their customers. Call this an annuity.

Double financial win.

I'm available for hire, thank you.
movielover
Isn't this ag land?
MinotStateBeav
haha you think the states giving up its golden goose? That's like reversing taxes.
bearister
Two Cal Bears make Ryder Cup Team

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
movielover said:

Isn't this ag land?
Do me a favor and take a look at a satellite image of Placentia California.

Or Riverside.

concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

haha you think the states giving up its golden goose? That's like reversing taxes.
Please explain this golden goose to me.

Is it under the Apple headquarters?

Yeah, how's that logic of yours holding up?

oski003
Mom Wins $100K Payout From California School Over treating her 11 year old daughter as a boy at school without parental consent, meanwhile California Attorney General Rob Bonta sued a different California school district over its new policy requiring schools to notify parents if their children change their gender identification or pronouns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/california-mom-payout-school-transitioned-daughter-1823317%3famp=1
BearHunter

Pizzagate aged better than Russiagate.

ABC journalist investigating Pizzagate was charged with child sex abuse material charges.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

ABC journalist investigating Pizzagate was charged with child sex abuse material charges.
NM. I changed my mind.
Eastern Oregon Bear
10% For The Big Guy said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.
Probably for the best. Anyone dim enough to think BearHunter and I are the same person and post about it on Growls probably shouldn't try to come up with clever retorts.
No, I was just mindboggled that you thought anything aged worse than Pizzagate but decided I didn't want to get dragged into the muck with you.

You write like BearHunter, you obsess about the same topics as BearHunter, you came up with an alias that takes a shot at the Bidens like BearHunter does over and over again. Basically there's not a nanometer of difference between the two of you. It's pretty clear you're just another Yogi burner account, albeit one with more stamina than most.
Cal88
dajo9
Cal88 said:

Where can I take you to court to get that minute of my life back?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
BearHunter
Does ***ushima reactor flavored sushi glow in the dark?
oski003
This is news because China banned all seafood from Japan.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

Where can I take you to court to get that minute of my life back?

Consider yourself lucky that I didn't charge you for this introduction to Japanese culinary aesthetics.
Eastern Oregon Bear

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.
Probably for the best. Anyone dim enough to think BearHunter and I are the same person and post about it on Growls probably shouldn't try to come up with clever retorts.
No, I was just mindboggled that you thought anything aged worse than Pizzagate but decided I didn't want to get dragged into the muck with you.

You write like BearHunter, you obsess about the same topics as BearHunter, you came up with an alias that takes a shot at the Bidens like BearHunter does over and over again. Basically there's not a nanometer of difference between the two of you. It's pretty clear you're just another Yogi burner account, albeit one with more stamina than most.
If taking a shot at the Bidens makes me BearHunter, does that mean that you are all of the accounts who take shots at Trump?

Newsflash for Eastern Oregon Dim Bear - Biden is more unpopular than Trump was. It's a majority position in this country - just not in this Democrat safe space.

I think this documentary might be particularly relevant for you. Never go Full ******.

Yogi, I see that your profile shows your account must have been banned again and that you recreated your account a few minutes before you posted this. That's going full r e t a r d.

Resurrecting banned accounts is something else you have in common with BearHunter and the other burner accounts.
movielover
" 'Sick and tired': Oakland restaurant acquires parking lot, hires security to prevent car break-ins"

Restaurant owner wants a state of emergency declared in Oakland - top vehicle break in crime in the country.

Likely window dressing without a rollback of liberal propositions, DAs, and hundreds of more police officers.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/sick-and-tired-oakland-restaurant-acquires-parking-lot-hires-security-to-prevent-car-break-ins/
movielover
Black Chicagoans EXPLODE On Democrats for PRIORITIZING Illegal Immigrants OVER Them As Citizens

concordtom

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.

Bingo!
movielover
The Angel's Ohtani injured his elbow and may need a 2nd Tommy John surgery. Still batting at DH with 44 Homer's.

SF Chronicle: Google's Cloud Next tech conference is leaving San Francisco
movielover
Fox News: CRIME

California Dem-led committee advances bill to let killers serving life without parole request re-sentencing
Senate Bill 94 would apply to those serving life with parole who committed the crime before June 5, 1990
Lets Go Brandon 15

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.

If taking a shot at the Bidens makes me BearHunter, does that mean that you are all of the accounts who take shots at Trump?

Newsflash for Eastern Oregon Dim Bear - Biden is more unpopular than Trump was. It's a majority position in this country - just not in this Democrat safe space.

I think this documentary might be particularly relevant for you. Never go Full ******.

Yogi, I see that your profile shows your account must have been banned again and that you recreated your account a few minutes before you posted this. That's going full r e t a r d.

Resurrecting banned accounts is something else you have in common with BearHunter and the other burner accounts.
BearHunter's account is almost a year old, dimwit. Hardly a burner account.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Unit2Sucks
Can someone remind me which thread is the one where GOPers pretend to care about government whistleblower allegations?

In July, an FBI whistleblower named Johnathan Buma sent the Senate Judiciary Comm a statement about the FBI's suppression of his investigation for political reasons.

From an Insider article about it:
Quote:

A veteran FBI counterintelligence agent says his supervisor told him to stop investigating Rudy Giuliani and to cut off contact with any sources who reported on corruption by associates of former President Donald Trump, according to a whistleblower complaint obtained by Insider.

The agent, who served 14 years as a special agent for the bureau, including a long stint in Russia-focused counterintelligence, claimed in a 22-page statement that his bosses interfered with his work in "a highly suspicious suppression of investigations and intelligence-gathering" aimed at protecting "certain politically active figures and possibly also FBI agents" who were connected to Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs.

Those figures, the statement claims, explicitly included "anyone in the White House and any former or current associates of President Trump."
In an interview with Insider, the whistleblower said he was motivated by a desire to improve the FBI, which he says is "essential, as imperfect as it is," because of its sweeping power to hold "policymakers accountable, whether they're on the left or the right."

"This is a decision point," he said. "Are we going to do public corruption or not?"
By the way, GOP should appreciate Buma's work since it led to the Hunter Biden investigation. From the NYer:
Quote:

In January, 2019, information from one of Buma's sources set in motion the Bureau's first inquiries into potential undisclosed lobbying and tax evasion by Hunter BidenPresident Joe Biden's son and, at the time, a director of the Ukrainian company Burisma. Buma also played a pivotal role in a Bureau investigation into possibly illegal foreign-lobbying activity and campaign-finance violations by Rudy Giuliani, former President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, who oversaw a sprawling effort to dig up dirt on Hunter Biden's Ukrainian ties.

Earlier this year, Buma watched with keen interest as the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee geared up for public hearings into the Biden Administration's alleged political "weaponizing" of the F.B.I. The Republicans claimed that the Bureau had relentlessly pursued former President Trump and his allies while neglecting leads about the Bidens. (In January, Representative Jim Jordan, the Ohio Republican who chairs the committee, complained on "Meet the Press" that, although agents had "raided Trump's home," they hadn't "raided Biden's home.") In April, Buma reached out to Jordan's office, offering public testimony as a whistle-blower. He later gave a detailed phone interview to two former federal agents whom the committee had hired to investigate what its conservative members call "the Biden family business."

The Republicans, however, were in no rush to publicize what Buma had to sayperhaps because his account ran against their preferred story line. Buma said that, during the Trump Administration, Bureau officials hardly covered up for the Bidens: his fellow-agents jumped on any new scrap of information about Hunter's foreign business dealings, even though the resulting investigation never produced evidence of illegal corruption. Instead, in Buma's telling, agency leaders had moved repeatedly to squash his investigation of possible Russian and Ukrainian ties to Giuliani. Not only did the Trump Administration Attorney General William Barr appear to shut down an active investigation of Giuliani in 2020; Buma has charged that, even under the Biden Administration, agency overseers seemed determined to silence some of the most important sources feeding his Giuliani reporting.

concordtom

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.

You're not fooling anyone.
Big C
concordtom said:

BearHunter said:

NM. I changed my mind.

You're not fooling anyone.

He may or may not, but I might be fooling a few people: You'd probably spray your beer out through your nose if you knew all the "different BI posters" that I am. Heck, I'm you. I created you way back when, so I could reply to my own posts sometimes, without getting in trouble. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth it to create you.
MinotStateBeav
Wrong. I am ConcordTom. Sorry I've not posted as much. I was at Burning Man.
dimitrig

I am Concord Tom!

sonofabear51
I am Number 6.
Start Slowly and taper off
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.