Breaking News

980,149 Views | 11775 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by movielover
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

^Right, cheap partisan grandstanding. As if you have to be a right winger to mock the carnival of narcissism and vanities that is Burning Man...

Meanwhile in California - this is unreal!

Whoever drafted this law is is the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet earth with at the same time.
Or maybe the law doesn't actually say what Cheong claims it does.

https://kmph.com/news/local/enough-is-enough-ca-business-owners-and-lawmakers-held-rally-against-dangerous-policies-at-capitol
Quote:

In a statement provided by Cortese says, "Under my SB 553, employers would be prohibited from forcing their rank and file, non-security workers to confront active shoplifters, and all retail employees would be trained on how to react to active shoplifting. The legislation has other provisions that keep people safe at work. Let's take every reasonable step to prevent another workplace assault or shooting."

You still might disagree with the bill, and that's fine! But it doesn't actually fine employees who confront shoplifters. I'm honestly not sure where Cheong got that from, but I think there's a reason he just took a picture of the article and didn't actually link to it.

You're right, I think, but the bill apparently states this (according to the article): "It would establish new workplace standards, that would prohibit store employees from fighting back against thieves."
How will companies prohibit anything? Will they be made to give offending employees a stern talking to?
From what I can tell, the intent of the bill is to prevent companies from REQUIRING employees to physically confront shoplifters (security guards excepted). I haven't read the text extensively, but seems like the company would be fined (or open to lawsuit) if it violated this law, not the employees themselves.

There could be indirect effects on employees' ability to keep their jobs, of course.

It is hard to tell. I cannot find the amendment that Senator Cortese proposed Monday.
Well then, by all means, in the absence of actual information, let's continue to spread conjecture

So, you think the news story is wrong? By all means, in the absence of actual information, keep fighting your fight.
I think you fell for another lying tweet posted by Cal88
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

https://kmph.com/news/local/enough-is-enough-ca-business-owners-and-lawmakers-held-rally-against-dangerous-policies-at-capitol^Right, cheap partisan grandstanding. As if you have to be a right winger to mock the carnival of narcissism and vanities that is Burning Man...

Whoever drafted this law is is the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet earth with at the same time.

https://kmph.com/news/local/enough-is-enough-ca-business-owners-and-lawmakers-held-rally-against-dangerous-policies-at-capitol
Quote:

In a statement provided by Cortese says, "Under my SB 553, employers would be prohibited from forcing their rank and file, non-security workers to confront active shoplifters, and all retail employees would be trained on how to react to active shoplifting. The legislation has other provisions that keep people safe at work. Let's take every reasonable step to prevent another workplace assault or shooting."

You still might disagree with the bill, and that's fine! But it doesn't actually fine employees who confront shoplifters. I'm honestly not sure where Cheong got that from, but I think there's a reason he just took a picture of the article and didn't actually link to it.

You're right, I think, but the bill apparently states this (according to the article): "It would establish new workplace standards, that would prohibit store employees from fighting back against thieves."
How will companies prohibit anything? Will they be made to give offending employees a stern talking to?
From what I can tell, the intent of the bill is to prevent companies from REQUIRING employees to physically confront shoplifters (security guards excepted). I haven't read the text extensively, but seems like the company would be fined (or open to lawsuit) if it violated this law, not the employees themselves.

There could be indirect effects on employees' ability to keep their jobs, of course.

It is hard to tell. I cannot find the amendment that Senator Cortese proposed Monday.
Well then, by all means, in the absence of actual information, let's continue to spread conjecture

So, you think the news story is wrong? By all means, in the absence of actual information, keep fighting your fight.
You think wrong, chief.

"The bill, "requires employers to develop their own workplace violence prevention plans as part of their Cal/OSHA Injury Illness Prevention Plan."

It would establish new workplace standards, that would prohibit store employees from fighting back against thieves."
movielover
Enabling more theft, chiefly bc we send another signal that we give up. Prices will rise more, more brick and mortar stores will close, more businesses will leave.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

https://kmph.com/news/local/enough-is-enough-ca-business-owners-and-lawmakers-held-rally-against-dangerous-policies-at-capitol^Right, cheap partisan grandstanding. As if you have to be a right winger to mock the carnival of narcissism and vanities that is Burning Man...

Quote:

You think wrong, chief.

"The bill, "requires employers to develop their own workplace violence prevention plans as part of their Cal/OSHA Injury Illness Prevention Plan."

It would establish new workplace standards, that would prohibit store employees from fighting back against thieves."
And for that regulatory addition you said, "Whoever drafted this law is is the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet earth with at the same time"

But you most certainly did not say that because of the lying tweet.
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

You think wrong, chief.

And for that regulatory addition you said, "Whoever drafted this law is is the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet earth with at the same time"

After some research on BI Off Topic, I have recently expanded my definition of what is means to be the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet with.
sycasey
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

You think wrong, chief.

The original posted Tweet said you would be fined $18,000 for trying to confront a shoplifter. That's the lie.
BearHunter
82gradDLSdad said:

Cal88 said:

^Right, cheap partisan grandstanding. As if you have to be a right winger to mock the carnival of narcissism and vanities that is Burning Man...

This belongs in the How Trump got elected thread. You pass stupid you get stupider.

Your TDS belongs in the Republicans gonna Republican thread.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

You think wrong, chief.

The original posted Tweet said you would be fined $18,000 for trying to confront a shoplifter. That's the lie.

Cool. I glossed over that part. Not sure if it is true or not.
Cal88
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

You think wrong, chief.

After some research on BI Off Topic, I have recently expanded my definition of what is means to be the most mentally sick, insane, criminally deranged individual I have ever been on planet with.

That's a bit harsh on dajo, he is indeed a piece of work, but I wouldn't go that far.
82gradDLSdad
BearHunter said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Cal88 said:

This belongs in the How Trump got elected thread. You pass stupid you get stupider.

Your TDS belongs in the Republicans gonna Republican thread.

I'm not deranged by Trump just never going to vote for him.
dajo9
10% For The Big Guy said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

82gradDLSdad said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

How about instead of passing the burden to business owners to prevent crime, we have the state and local municipalities create a group of people whose job it is to arrest people who commit property crimes. We could even create academies where these individuals will be trained in proper crime deterrence and dealing with criminals in potentially violent situations.

I even have a name idea for this group.

I'm all for it.
bearister
Delta plane forced to replace entire carpet after passenger's diarrhea

https://mol.im/a/12484005

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister

If you didn't know better you might think this is a photo of a couple of 6 footers with a 5'10 guy instead of 6'5, 6'9 and 6'8.
BearHunter
Quote:

If you didn't know better you might think this is a photo of a couple of 6 footers with a 5'10 guy instead of 6'5, 6'9 and 6'8.

Gonzalez came to Cal at 6"6 225 lb and bulked up to 250lb. He looks like a regular sized guy in the pic.
Cal88
Madsen really gets it, the program is in very good hands going into the ACC, we really needed that kind of upgrade with the level of competition going up.
Big C
bearister said:

Delta plane forced to replace entire carpet after passenger's diarrhea

https://mol.im/a/12484005

Thank you for posting this! Though not a huge, huge diarrhea fan myself, I know that some on this board see it as the coin of the realm.
MinotStateBeav
Mayor Ted Wheeler is asking Oregon Gov. for 96 State Troopers to set up a permanent station in downtown Portland to patrol lol. Now the entire state has to pay for Portland's idiotic defund the police policies. They are already having to pay Portland Police Bureau (PPB) cops double overtime to keep minimal shifts up to snuff because they don't have enough police. I wonder if the state has 96 officers just laying around doing nothing! Who needs them pesky highways policed anyway. Portland has already lowered the standards to be a cop to practically "Are you breathing?" But they still can't get enough.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/08/22/state-troopers-portland-ted-wheeler/
bearister
Scientists grow human embryo in a lab without sperm, egg or womb | Tech News | Metro News

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/06/scientists-grow-human-embryo-in-a-lab-without-sperm-egg-or-womb-19458188/

Embryo computer aged:

calbear93
bearister said:

Scientists grow human embryo in a lab without sperm, egg or womb | Tech News | Metro News

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/06/scientists-grow-human-embryo-in-a-lab-without-sperm-egg-or-womb-19458188/

Embryo computer aged:

You laugh now, but wait until they make a live version of Minions and he is hired to be the lead star. He will be a star, with people amazed that no makeup or special effects were needed for him. Then we will see who's laughing.
movielover

movielover
Biden Cancels Previously Issued ANWR Oil and Gas Leases in Alaska

This could hurt. Twenty four hours before President Joe Biden announced he was cancelling oil and gas leases in Alaska's ANWR region, Saudi Arabia and Russia announced oil production limits would continue.

Oil prices spiked near $100/bbl and then installed Joe Biden amplifies the problem by cancelling previously sold oil and gas leases.

The Biden Administration is intentionally driving up the cost of domestic energy in the U.S..
MinotStateBeav
movielover said:

Biden Cancels Previously Issued ANWR Oil and Gas Leases in Alaska

This could hurt. Twenty four hours before President Joe Biden announced he was cancelling oil and gas leases in Alaska's ANWR region, Saudi Arabia and Russia announced oil production limits would continue.

Oil prices spiked near $100/bbl and then installed Joe Biden amplifies the problem by cancelling previously sold oil and gas leases.

The Biden Administration is intentionally driving up the cost of domestic energy in the U.S..
Everybody knows that higher energy prices going into winter is good for the poor and working class.
AunBear89
Stop pretending like you know how any of this works.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
blungld
bearister said:

How truly evil an administration would it be were this man to be Chief of Staff? That is where we go if Trump is re-elected. We would be going full Goebbels...by choice.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
Goff vs Chiefs highlights:

movielover
BearHunter

The lone exception.
MinotStateBeav
You'd think after being blocked for over a year Aunbear would have figured it out by now, but here we are lol.
MinotStateBeav
Biden Admin Celebrating Lowering Drug Costs!!!!!! But wait...there's more!!!

Breakdown.

-9 drug costs are going to be lowered. But only drugs that've been out out for 9 years or more and have no generic competition. But 5 of those 9 actually won't be effected because the bills been watered down.
-It doesn't go into effect until 2026.
-Vaccines are FREE!!!! Except tax payers are paying for them. No mention of how much we're being gouged.
-The drugs effected are still going to be 1000% more expensive than they are found in most countries.
-We paid for the development of all these drugs and are still paying more than everybody else.
-Yay.
Big C
movielover said:

I wonder if you and Catturd understand why that is superficially a witty comment, but a really stupid one, deep down. I mean do you? Because maybe you do and you just want to own the libs, but maybe you don't, which would be scary.
dimitrig
Big C said:

movielover said:

I wonder if you and Catturd understand why that is superficially a witty comment, but a really stupid one, deep down. I mean do you? Because maybe you do and you just want to own the libs, but maybe you don't, which would be scary.

That describes everything Catturd posts. He thinks he is posting these really clever and astute observations like George Orwell but he is more like Arsenio Hall.

sonofabear51
Catturd sucks and is garbage.
Start Slowly and taper off
Cal88
sonofabear51 said:

Catturd sucks and is garbage.

That's an upgrade from feline fecal matter.
Literally everything is gamed these days

AunBear89
You're only figuring that out now? Sock Puppets are dumb.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.