Breaking News

980,326 Views | 11775 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

You're only figuring that out now? Sock Puppets are dumb.

There was no reason whatsoever to attack after this post. He made a good post. Please settle down.
AunBear89
Are you and 93 job sharing? Both of you clowns need to get a new hobby. Being an off topic message board hall monitor is not really a thing.

Or maybe you two are desperate for attention and are stalking me.

Here's a tip for both you geniuses: if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore. Or show some will power and don't read them.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Why go to college when you could be a plumber?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/10/plumber-skilled-trade-college?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/10/plumber-skilled-trade-college?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

My neighbor is a plumber. Makes plenty of money, side jobs too.
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

You've seen Moonstruck, haven't you?

82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

No
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

No

Ah. Rose (Olympia Dukakis) is considering having an affair with a college professor named Perry and they go to her house.

Rose and Perry stand on a sidewalk under a street light dimly
shining. About half a block away stands the Castorini house.

They regard it. Over the house hangs the moon, cut through
now with a sharp grey cloud. Rose and Perry's VOICES can be
heard.

ROSE'S VOICE
That's my house.

PERRY'S VOICE
You mean the whole house?

ROSE'S VOICE
Yes.

PERRY'S VOICE
My God, it's a mansion!

ROSE'S VOICE
It's a house.

PERRY'S VOICE
I live in a one-bedroom apartment.
What exactly does your husband do?

ROSE'S VOICE
He's a plumber.

PERRY'S VOICE
Well. That explains it.

BearHunter

Why did the cult select Biden to be their cult leader? Because he's weak, compromised, and easily controlled.
82gradDLSdad
dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

No

Ah. Rose (Olympia Dukakis) is considering having an affair with a college professor named Perry and they go to her house.

heard.

ROSE'S VOICE
That's my house.

PERRY'S VOICE

ROSE'S VOICE
Yes.

PERRY'S VOICE
My God, it's a mansion!

ROSE'S VOICE
It's a house.

PERRY'S VOICE

ROSE'S VOICE
He's a plumber.

PERRY'S VOICE
Well. That explains it.

Nice
dimitrig
82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dimitrig said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

No

heard.

ROSE'S VOICE
That's my house.

PERRY'S VOICE

ROSE'S VOICE
Yes.

PERRY'S VOICE
My God, it's a mansion!

ROSE'S VOICE
It's a house.

PERRY'S VOICE

ROSE'S VOICE
He's a plumber.

PERRY'S VOICE
Well. That explains it.

Nice

The Money Pit with Tom Hanks as attorney Walter Fielding has several good lines about how much tradesmen make and the general contractor drives around in a Corvette.

I always liked this line:

Walter : [on the phone trying to locate a plumber]

Hi! We're having a little trouble with our pipes, and I was--uh, Fielding, Walter Fielding... Well, there's no reason why you should have heard of me... no, that's not a Jewish name... How much do I make a year? Well, how much do you make a year?... Really!... Yale, I went to Yale...

[gets angry]
bearister
Nick Cage is God

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
USA Today: Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor

Brenda Tracy, a prominent rape survivor and activist, says Mel Tucker made sexual comments and masturbated without consent during a phone call. Her complaint led to an ongoing Title IX investigation.

Tucker has an guaranteed $80 million contract.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-coach-sexual-harassment-claim/70679703007/
movielover
NYC Mayor says Migrant Crisis will destroy NYC bc of 10,000 new arrivals a month.

Unit2Sucks
Still a lot of uncertainty here but if this is true and it can be mined, this could completely change the way we source the most important raw material for batteries for the transition to green energy.

A study by a mining company claims there could be as much as 132 million tons of Lithium in the Mcdermitt Caldera in Nevada - 12x as large as the previous largest known source (in Bolivia). For perspective, the entire world mined about 100k tons in 2021.

Quote:

The site of a former supervolcano at the Oregon and Nevada border could turn out to be the largest lithium deposit in the U.S. and, possibly, the world. New research suggests that the McDermitt Caldera could contain over 132 million tons of lithium, which is enough to meet global demand for decades. This could give the U.S. a massive boost to its EV supply chain, and from a domestic source, no less.

The amount of lithium at the caldera has the potential to dwarf that of the former largest known lithium deposit in the world, the Atacama Salt Flat in Bolivia, according to the Independent. Based on volume alone, McDermitt could yield 12 times more lithium than the Atacama Salt Flat. And, more importantly, the lithium that miners plan to extract from the caldera can be collected in a way that's allegedly less harmful to the environment.
There are still a few barriers which would need to be overcome, but potential for a massive change in sourcing.

movielover
Could be major.
MinotStateBeav
Judge Chutkin imho will have to recuse herself from seeing over the trial on Donald Trump

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/09/12/technofog-busts-dc-judge-tanya-chutkan-in-thread-of-her-inherently-disqualifying-statements-n2387128

Judge makes several statements on Donald Trumps guilt in a few prior court cases.
BearHunter
tequila4kapp
Mitt Romney announces he won't seek reelection. Thank God. That guy is among the biggest *******s I've ever had the displeasure of meeting / interacting with.
movielover
Did he come off slimey?
concordtom
tequila4kapp said:

Mitt Romney announces he won't seek reelection. Thank God. That guy is among the biggest *******s I've ever had the displeasure of meeting / interacting with.

movielover

sycasey
movielover said:

https://news.yahoo.com/sen-mitt-romney-approval-rating-030000056.html
Quote:

But Romney's job approval among Utah Republicans shot up over the summer, from 40% in May to 56% in August.

He probably would have been fine. Maybe he's just ready to retire.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

He's probably tired wasting his time with a party that's controlled by nutters. What could Romney possibly accomplish in the senate that would help this country?

Imagine going to work every day and seeing losers like Coach Stupidville actively sabotaging our military. And pretending to investigate the weaponization of the government while actively weaponizing their power to try and give Trump, who Romney can see for what he is, a semblance of a chance in the 2024 election.

Honestly, I'm surprised Romney stuck around this long. He's got lots of money, got his TJCA tax cut and has no reason not to sail off into the sunset.

More on how dumb Florida's third senator is.

BearHunter
movielover said:

Did Romney make his announcement after failing to convince McCarthy to delay the impeachment inquiry?
dajo9
Mitt Romney supported the Trump tax cuts
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
BearHunter
Paying taxes to the government is unpopular. Isn't this good news for both sides?

dajo9
You are why we have so much debt
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
smh
> He probably would have been fine. Maybe he's just ready to retire.

recommend today's Romney article in Atlantic magazine (subscription required, or disable javascript)..
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/mitt-romney-retiring-senate-trump-mcconnell/675306/
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

You are why we have so much debt
Brokeback Biden
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

He's probably tired wasting his time with a party that's controlled by nutters. What could Romney possibly accomplish in the senate that would help this country?

Imagine going to work every day and seeing losers like Coach Stupidville actively sabotaging our military. And pretending to investigate the weaponization of the government while actively weaponizing their power to try and give Trump, who Romney can see for what he is, a semblance of a chance in the 2024 election.

Honestly, I'm surprised Romney stuck around this long. He's got lots of money, got his TJCA tax cut and has no reason not to sail off into the sunset.

More on how dumb Florida's third senator is.

Another perfect example of why Mittens may be exhausted from the make beliefs governing game his party engages in. Can't imagine being a senator with all that he's accomplished in life and realizing no matter what he does it will never make a difference and the people he's theoretically representing not only don't appreciate the work he's trying to do but revile him for not supporting the ridiculous antics that has become the GOP's priority.

Performative nonsense. Enjoy retirement Mitt.

Cal88

Been a long journey.
AunBear89

Who knew 003 was a reporter?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
MinotStateBeav

edit: looked into this further and apparently the education minister is getting so much blowback that they are ending this practice lol.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/peel-school-board-library-book-weeding-1.6964332

On the other hand, Toronto School board looks like they're defending this practice so who knows lol.
Cal88
So 2008 is Year Zero?
movielover
Newsom proposes over $200 Million to fight retail crime.

New units, new members, etc. Not sure how reorganizing existing members helps if they're all short staffed to begin with. Is the $$$ for overtime?

Won't help if radical judges just let them back out on the street. The City and Oakland are starting to look like Detroit.

Newsom is at least two years late. He should have prevented the BLM / Antifa riots and looting.
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.