Breaking News

979,461 Views | 11768 Replies | Last: 24 sec ago by bear2034
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

By this logic we should ignore all instances of white on black hate crime because African Americans are regularly crime victims at the hands of the African Americans.

And not for nothing, all the people who are triggered by this might want to reread the last couple of sentences - I also shared the ridiculous threats of violence being made.

Sorry if I missed it, but are you saying the fight in your town was a hate crime? If it was a transgender being bigoted against a cisgender girl, then I would consider it newsworthy, just like the white on black hate crimes you are comparing it to.

Absent evidence this is a hate crime, it's not newsworthy and not comparable at all.
movielover
BearHunter said:

BREAKING: Dem NY Rep Jamaal Bowman pulled fire alarm in Cannon Building, forcing evacuation as Dems tried to buy more time to read new CR. USCP criminal investigation unit is questioning Bowman

Black Liberal Privilege.
movielover
tequila4kapp said:

By this logic we should ignore all instances of white on black hate crime because African Americans are regularly crime victims at the hands of the African Americans.

And not for nothing, all the people who are triggered by this might want to reread the last couple of sentences - I also shared the ridiculous threats of violence being made.

The media buries who's committing the majority of hate crimes against Asian Americans.
oski003
movielover said:

Another Liberal disaster. How many rapes, sexual assaults, and sexcapades will this lead to?

San Jose Mercury: Gender-neutral school bathrooms: Gov. Gavin Newsom approved a measure that would require campuses to have the bathrooms by July 2026.

If they are requiring a few neutral bathrooms at each school that is perfectly fine, assuming these aren't group restrooms that take the place of gender specific group restrooms. It is more just a matter of stomaching the cost and space required to add the gender neutral bathroom. Given both the acceptance and non-acceptance of transgenderism, having a couple gender neutral bathroom at schools seems like a good idea.
movielover
If it's a solo bathroom, OK. But if it's a large bathroom with multiple people using it simultaneously, there will be problems.
dimitrig
movielover said:

If it's a solo bathroom, OK. But if it's a large bathroom with multiple people using it simultaneously, there will be problems.

Growing up I shared the bathroom with three older sisters and there were problems all right. They virtually camped out in there.

SFCityBear
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Growing up I shared the bathroom with three older sisters and there were problems all right. They virtually camped out in there.

No, really? You're kidding.

When I attended Cal, nearly all the women wore makeup. When I graduated, I got involved with a gorgeous blonde debutante from Peru. One of the main reasons I was attracted to her was that it looked to me like she was not wearing any makeup at all. I thought she might be naturally beautiful.

I got a job in Long Beach. My roommate at Cal also found a job in LA, and we got an apartment together in LA. After a while Sylvia flew down to visit me. The first morning, when she woke up, she proudly announced that she would cook breakfast for all of us. She just had to use the bathroom first, to freshen up. It was an hour and 15 minutes, when she finally emerged and began to cook our breakfast, scrambled eggs. I went into the bathroom, and I saw her makeup kit open on the the sink. I looked inside, and there must have been a hundred little tubes with different colors of pigment, paint or cream. So that is why it took so long for her in the bathroom, trying to make it look like she was naturally beautiful. And the eggs were way undercooked.

PS: We broke up. She went back to Berkeley, found more boyfriends, started shoplifting, got arrested several times, and was deported back to Peru.

SFCityBear
BearHunter
movielover said:

BearHunter said:

BREAKING: Dem NY Rep Jamaal Bowman pulled fire alarm in Cannon Building, forcing evacuation as Dems tried to buy more time to read new CR. USCP criminal investigation unit is questioning Bowman
Black Liberal Privilege.

They will pull a fire alarm to alter a Congressional vote but they wouldn't rig an election would they?
BearHunter

So, Bowman said he thought pulling the fire alarm would open the door. LOL.
oski003
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/29/us/tupac-shakur-murder-suspect-arrested/index.html

Tupac's alleged killer finally arrested.
movielover
SFCityBear said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

When I attended Cal, nearly all the women wore makeup. When I graduated, I got involved with a gorgeous blonde debutante from Peru. One of the main reasons I was attracted to her was that it looked to me like she was not wearing any makeup at all. I thought she might be naturally beautiful.

I got a job in Long Beach. My roommate at Cal also found a job in LA, and we got an apartment together in LA. After a while Sylvia flew down to visit me. The first morning, when she woke up, she proudly announced that she would cook breakfast for all of us. She just had to use the bathroom first, to freshen up. It was an hour and 15 minutes, when she finally emerged and began to cook our breakfast, scrambled eggs. I went into the bathroom, and I saw her makeup kit open on the the sink. I looked inside, and there must have been a hundred little tubes with different colors of pigment, paint or cream. So that is why it took so long for her in the bathroom, trying to make it look like she was naturally beautiful. And the eggs were way undercooked.

PS: We broke up. She went back to Berkeley, found more boyfriends, started shoplifting, got arrested several times, and was deported back to Peru.

Racists.
movielover
BearHunter said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

Black Liberal Privilege.

They will pull a fire alarm to alter a Congressional vote but they wouldn't rig an election would they?

They picked him as their tool on purpose.
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

There's this guy. He voted for Trump. The other day I saw him get drunk. And then he picked his nose. And he cussed at these kids on the sidewalk. I think this will probably become a national story. I'm not saying anything about all Trump voters but it is really interesting that he voted for Trump and he did these things and I noticed. So like, draw your own conclusions, I'm just reporting something that definitely happened. I mean I have no agenda. And I am not selectively noticing anything. Or posting selective news. Or suggesting a judgement on Trump supporters. Again, it's just what I saw.
movielover
CA Energy prices explode in 3 years (Newsom)

PV Magazine: Energy Toolbase's latest analysis reveals, following six years of stable, inflation-adjusted electricity prices, California's electricity bills have surged, increasing nearly three times faster than the Consumer Price Index.

"The analysis found that the state's electricity inflation far outpaced generation inflation, averaging 15.3% from the 2020 through 2023. This surge came on the heels of a comparatively modest six-year span, which saw an average inflation of 1.6%.

"Over the whole 9-year period, retail electricity bills from California's three major utilities rose by at least 47%, with San Diego Gas & Electric spiking 104%. In contrast, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose by 28% over the same period…." [San Diego closed down their nuclear power facility.]

"…However, from January 2020 through the latest available CPI data in July 2023, electricity prices in the state soared, posting a total inflation of 45.9%. This electricity pricing inflation rate is 271% higher than the general inflation rate of 16.9% over the same period."

https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2023/08/30/california-electricity-pricing-exploded-in-the-last-three-years-far-outpacing-inflation/
movielover
Why not tazer a dozen or two criminals?

movielover
Liberal drug policies kill children.

bearister
Fascinating segment

Sam Bankman-Fried, FTX at center of new Michael Lewis book "Going Infinite" | 60 Minutes - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ftx-founder-sam-bankman-fried-michael-lewis-book-60-minutes-transcript/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Newsom selects black lesbian Emily's List (abortion) 'strategist' and former Kamala Harris aide to replace Dianne Feinstein.

AND SHE RESIDES IN MARYLAND.

Politico: CALIFORNIA: Newsom picks Laphonza Butler as Feinstein replacement

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom will appoint EMILY's List President Laphonza Butler to fill the seat of the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein, elevating the head of a fundraising juggernaut that works to elect Democratic women who support abortion rights, according to a person familiar with the decision."

"...On Sunday, Congressional Black Caucus Chair Steven Horsford wrote to Newsom urging him to appoint Rep. Barbara Lee, a candidate for the Senate whom the governor recently ruled out over worries about giving someone a leg up."

"...She has remained a confidant of Vice President Kamala Harris, after serving as a senior strategist on her 2020 presidential campaign."

"...Butler is the first openly LGBTQ person to represent California in the Senate."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/01/newsom-senate-pick-butler-00119360

BearHunter
I suppose she checks all the qualification boxes. It's the same quals I would want for my heart surgeons and pilots.
SFCityBear
movielover said:

SFCityBear said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Racists.
This is over my head. Please explain.
SFCityBear
SFCityBear
movielover said:

Newsom selects black lesbian Emily's List (abortion) 'strategist' and former Kamala Harris aide to replace Dianne Feinstein.

AND SHE RESIDES IN MARYLAND.

Politico: CALIFORNIA: Newsom picks Laphonza Butler as Feinstein replacement

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom will appoint EMILY's List President Laphonza Butler to fill the seat of the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein, elevating the head of a fundraising juggernaut that works to elect Democratic women who support abortion rights, according to a person familiar with the decision."

"...On Sunday, Congressional Black Caucus Chair Steven Horsford wrote to Newsom urging him to appoint Rep. Barbara Lee, a candidate for the Senate whom the governor recently ruled out over worries about giving someone a leg up."

"...She has remained a confidant of Vice President Kamala Harris, after serving as a senior strategist on her 2020 presidential campaign."

"...Butler is the first openly LGBTQ person to represent California in the Senate."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/01/newsom-senate-pick-butler-00119360

She also owns a house in California, where she has spent several years, including a stint as a member of the UC Board of regents. I think she has a few days to re-register as a Californian.
SFCityBear
blungld
BearHunter said:

I suppose she checks all the qualification boxes. It's the same quals I would want for my heart surgeons and pilots.

I see. But you have no issue with Trump inner circle qualification boxes? Willing to lie, hate immigrants, kiss the ring, unquestionably loyal and willing to fall on sword, fake patriot, fake Christian, primal materialist, sycophant, and amoral tribalist who puts cult over country and others the rest of America.
BearHunter
blungld said:

BearHunter said:

I see. But you have no issue with Trump inner circle qualification boxes? Willing to lie, hate immigrants, kiss the ring, unquestionably loyal and willing to fall on sword, fake patriot, fake Christian, primal materialist, sycophant, and amoral tribalist who puts cult over country and others the rest of America.

I'm sorry whatever it is that you're going through is happening to you.
movielover
BearHunter said:

blungld said:

BearHunter said:

Couldn't Newsom find a black lesbian woman who lives in our state? Wouldn't Oprah fit the bill?

Meghan Markle was also lobbying for the job, and had a virtual interview with GN.

Just like when he was mayor, he plays The Identity Card.
movielover
Yikes.

82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

BearHunter said:

blungld said:

BearHunter said:

Couldn't Newsom find a black lesbian woman who lives in our state? Wouldn't Oprah fit the bill?

Meghan Markle was also lobbying for the job, and had a virtual interview with GN.

Just like when he was mayor, he plays The Identity Card.

Yah. Just imagine if the 49ers took a QB in the first round that cost them multiple number one picks just because he was black. Couldn't happen. Oh...wait.

#justabadattemptathumorfolks
tequila4kapp
It was a silly mistake to nominate someone that doesn't live in the state. But otherwise, he's doing it fast, he's keeping his promises and he's doing it in a way that doesn't influence the general election for Feinstein's replacement. I think those are good things.
dajo9
Pretty funny to see all these Trumpers claim that Butler is not qualified because she is black and / or a woman and / or a lesbian
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

Liberal drug policies kill children.

The ballot measure had 2 parts. One, legalize the drugs. Two, spend money on treatment. Combined, the measure was sold as moving addicts from the criminal system to the treatment system. Voters approved the measure by a large margin. From memory, almost immediately after the measure was passed the governor announced we didn't have money for the treatment part and we were moving forward with legalization anyway. Pot sales generated 330M in revenue 2 years later for treatment. Reports demonstrate the state really doesn't have a plan for doing treatment in a meaningful way.
movielover
So they lied, incompetent, or both.

The fuller picture includes Democrats supporting an open border with Mexico, and not confronting the Cartels or China.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Pretty funny to see all these Trumpers claim that Butler is not qualified because she is black and / or a woman and / or a lesbian

And most of all, she's more compliant than Barbara Lee.
movielover
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

It was a silly mistake to nominate someone that doesn't live in the state. But otherwise, he's doing it fast, he's keeping his promises and he's doing it in a way that doesn't influence the general election for Feinstein's replacement. I think those are good things.

I think it was stupid.

We already have some good candidates who announced their interest in Katie Porter and Adam Schiff but Newsom comes up with this lady? Is she going to get primaried?
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

It was a bit of an unforced error but as you point out it really doesn't matter. She's keeping the seat warm and it won't have any influence on the 2024 senate election. She's just there to vote democrat to maintain the majority.

I am not surprised that none of the people criticizing this have ever had anything to say about Tuberville living in Florida or Herschel Walker living in Texas.
tequila4kapp
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

I think it was stupid.

We already have some good candidates who announced their interest in Katie Porter and Adam Schiff but Newsom comes up with this lady? Is she going to get primaried?
What I read implied that she won't run, that she's a temporary solution only. Newsom was quoted as saying he didn't want to do anything to tip the scales in the primary, that several D's had been working their tails off for the seat and it would be wrong to give any of them an advantage/disadvantage.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.