Breaking News

1,018,008 Views | 11950 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by dajo9
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

The Senate is completely useless but the people of New Jersey will get rid of Menendez.

The Democrats of New Jersey are improving democracy. Menendez will be out. Kim will be in. And the process will be reformed to reduce insider, elite power.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/zahid-qureishi-strikes-down-new-jersey-county-line_n_660712ace4b0f16f4a31f3df
Cal88
Macron recently posted manly pictures of him boxing, trying to shore up a sagging image at home and rumors about his marriage with the 40 year-old drama teacher who molested him while he was in 9th or 10th grade.

Unfortunately for Macron, his handlers went a bit too far in their photoshop inflation of his "guns":
OsoDorado

Macron's look almost as awesome as Trump's:

.webp
bear2034

Liberal woman meltdown, similar to Nancy Pelosi at Trump's State of the Union.
movielover
Karen.
concordtom
Haloski said:

Palestinian Chicken said:

Haloski said:

Palestinian Chicken said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Strange, considering that ISIS already claimed responsibility for destroying the bridge and that the U.S. Embassy in Baltimore had already warned local residents to stay off the bridge.
Uhhhhhhhh…

Maybe you meant the US Embassy Suites in Baltimore?

Nice new screen name, zombie.
Your sense of humor and your politics both need equal amounts of help.

True: none.

Keep creating alts, guy.

I added another to the Ignore List.
Half this page is blocked.
DiabloWags
Single family home prices in the SF Bay Area rose 22.6% in February year over year.

I think that we should all be taxed on that so that we can give more to government officials who KNOW how to spend OUR money better than we do.

That is all.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
MinotStateBeav
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Single family home prices in the SF Bay Area rose 22.6% in February year over year.

I think that we should all be taxed on that so that we can give more to government officials who KNOW how to spend OUR money better than we do.

That is all.

Yes, I admit I am completely befuddled about how a wealth taxation regimen could exist if it taxes not hordes of cash in the bank but unrealized gains!

And even there, taxation upon sale has big problems! That's how it is with houses and the lack of turnover. People (like me) sit on unrealized gains because if we sell we lose a conservable amount to the triggered capital gains taxes.

tequila4kapp
MinotStateBeav said:

April fools story???
bearister
More likely a fool's story. Like a Student Ambassador helping you when a shelter challenged person is gutting you like a fish by People's Park.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

Yes, I admit I am completely befuddled about how a wealth taxation regimen could exist if it taxes not hordes of cash in the bank but unrealized gains!

And even there, taxation upon sale has big problems! That's how it is with houses and the lack of turnover. People (like me) sit on unrealized gains because if we sell we lose a conservable amount to the triggered capital gains taxes.

You are not the only one.

If you look at who is promoting wealth tax, they are disingenuous smart politicians and idiotic politicians and idiotic lay persons who read a theoretical article from someone who most likely got every single past prediction wrong. No one with actual real life experience or financial literacy thinks wealth tax is a good idea.
DiabloWags
Yup.

I cant even imagine how a wealth tax could be enforced.

Do we send IRS auditors over to some rich guys flat in London to "value" a painting? A vintage Ferrari in his garage? Some native American baskets? A Patek?

How would these auditors even be "qualified" to do such an evaluation?

Do they need to intern at the Smithsonian first?
Sotheby's
concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

If you look at who is promoting wealth tax, they are disingenuous smart politicians and idiotic politicians and idiotic lay persons who read a theoretical article from someone who most likely got every single past prediction wrong. No one with actual real life experience or financial literacy thinks wealth tax is a good idea.

That said, wealth concentration should be, I believe, curtailed.

But I have little idea how to do it.
MinotStateBeav
Only one way to find out!! Bearister needs to go to BART and ask for I GOT YOU cards.
MinotStateBeav

uhhh this judge could be disbarred for this.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Even for you this is pretty bad.

By the way, do you think Clarence Thomas could be disbarred for presiding over election interference cases when his wife (with his knowledge) was involved in election interference efforts?

In reality, Trump should obey reasonable gag orders and should stop posting misinformation about the judge's family, especially when he has made widely debunked claims,

I don't really get you Minot. At times you are a very thoughtful and reasonable person but you frequently get caught up in this pretty ridiculous and obviously false nonsense. Why?
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

By the way, do you think Clarence Thomas could be disbarred for presiding over election interference cases when his wife (with his knowledge) was involved in election interference efforts?

In reality, Trump should obey reasonable gag orders and should stop posting misinformation about the judge's family, especially when he has made widely debunked claims,

I don't really get you Minot. At times you are a very thoughtful and reasonable person but you frequently get caught up in this pretty ridiculous and obviously false nonsense. Why?

Disbarred is strong, but the judge's daughter advises Trump's opponents on how to beat Trump. That is pretty significant.
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Disbarred is strong, but the judge's daughter advises Trump's opponents on how to beat Trump. That is pretty significant.
Significant for the village idiot!
calbear93
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

That said, wealth concentration should be, I believe, curtailed.

But I have little idea how to do it.

The funny thing is increased deficit spending and QE did more to create asset bubbles that created wealth concentration than anything else. What happened when interest rate rose and QE ended? Private equity and IPOs were curtailed, significantly slowing down new billionaires who were often coming from liberal and highest tax rate state of CA.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Because the judge just put a gag order on Trump that he can't speak about his daughter who's being funded by his political opponents. The judge's wife also works for LaTitia James office. He should have recused himself. His daughter is making tens of millions off the democrats btw.
concordtom
calpoly said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Significant for the village idiot!

As in, it's the village idiots who can't figure out on their own that Trump NEEDS to be beaten - with votes, with a paddle, with brass knuckles…
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Because the judge just put a gag order on Trump that he can't speak about his daughter who's being funded by his political opponents. The judge's wife also works for LaTitia James office. He should have recused himself. His daughter is making tens of millions off the democrats btw.

This is great news.
I look forward to the upcoming trial.

Hey, sometimes you get judges who slow play their cases for trump (Florida, Georgia), sometimes they lie about their hidden agendas during confirmation (Supreme), and sometimes you get judges who want to give Trump the iron fist.

It turns out, judges are people, too.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

Sounds very moderate and reasonable

"Nearly three quarters of millionaires polled in G20 countries support higher taxes on wealth, over half think extreme wealth is a "threat to democracy""
https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/nearly-three-quarters-millionaires-polled-g20-countries-support-higher-taxes-wealth
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

Yup.

Do we send IRS auditors over to some rich guys flat in London to "value" a painting? A vintage Ferrari in his garage? Some native American baskets? A Patek?

Sotheby's

When an audit is done the IRS can hire somebody from Sotheby's to help out. Not a big deal.
82gradDLSdad
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

"Nearly three quarters of millionaires polled in G20 countries support higher taxes on wealth, over half think extreme wealth is a "threat to democracy""
https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/nearly-three-quarters-millionaires-polled-g20-countries-support-higher-taxes-wealth

So their money buys political power but they turn to signing a 'tax wealth' pledge to try to get this law enacted????? Does this sound reasonable to you? Why aren't they just giving money to get politicians to tax them more?

Btw, I have a much bigger problem with CEOs and the like making tens of millions per year while their companies do nothing. My old company, AT&T, being a prime example. CEO has nothing at risk, stock has been going down for 30 years(!), and yet he makes 20 million per year. Horrible.
bearister

*All cruise ships should be sunk off the Florida coast to serve as reefs
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

So their money buys political power but they turn to signing a 'tax wealth' pledge to try to get this law enacted????? Does this sound reasonable to you? Why aren't they just giving money to get politicians to tax them more?

Btw, I have a much bigger problem with CEOs and the like making tens of millions per year while their companies do nothing. My old company, AT&T, being a prime example. CEO has nothing at risk, stock has been going down for 30 years(!), and yet he makes 20 million per year. Horrible.

Dumb survey and article. Any surprise that these millionaires only focus on extreme wealth - meaning billionaires and not them, and agreeing only to additional income tax (mind you, not wealth tax where they need an assessor for all their assets like an assessor values your home) if it is spent the way they want (gee - wouldn't it be great if we could dictate paying taxes only if it could be spent the way we dictate?)? Here, I am convinced. Raise taxes to 100% of income and wealth from everyone making at least $1.00 more than me and with assets at least a $1.00 more than me to feed the poor. And lower taxes at my level and below since the rich should pay their fair share and protect the non-extreme billionaires like us. I am a good person and you are not if you disagree. I posted it in Bi and therefore did my good deed for today.
dajo9
82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

Before Reagan, the CEO of AT&T would not have paid themself that much because the tax structure would have basically confiscated it. People like to point out that nobody paid those high 90% taxes and that is correct - because with 90% tax rates people in positions of economic power didn't bother paying themselves that much.

I am not a proponent of returning to 90% tax rates for various reasons but I do think there are other, more modern ways to generate more income/wealth equality.
movielover
So you were against President Reagans tax reduction and simplification?
calbear93
82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

Then you must love TCJA. It reformed 162(m) so that for covered persons, with CEO and CFO always being in the group, companies cannot deduct as expense any compensation to those persons above $1M. Prior to TCJA, there used to be an exception for performance-based compensation. As such, IRS gets double tax on those compensation above $1M, including with the companies when they earn money and again when paid out to the CEO.
82gradDLSdad
calbear93 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

Then you must love TCJA. It reformed 162(m) so that for covered persons, with CEO and CFO always being in the group, companies cannot deduct as expense any compensation to those persons above $1M. Prior to TCJA, there used to be an exception for performance-based compensation. As such, IRS gets double tax on those compensation above $1M, including with the companies when they earn money and again when paid out to the CEO.

I guess. Since I'm still a shareholder of T I'd rather they just not pay these folks that much or pay them only when they perform...like the T-Mobile guy did.
calbear93
82gradDLSdad said:

calbear93 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

That is all.

"No one"

I guess. Since I'm still a shareholder of T I'd rather they just not pay these folks that much or pay them only when they perform...like the T-Mobile guy did.
The market compensation is set. If they don't think he is right for the job, the better solution would be to find the right guy. Paying him below market rate will make AT&T extremely unlikely to recruit good talent. And if you think the right CEO cannot turn the company around, look at what Larry Culp who I really respect from Danaher did for GE and the clean up of balance sheet through spin offs and sales that no one thought was possible. GE is one of the best performers. I should have invested solely based on my confidence in Larry Culp but didn't. I have regrets.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Yup.

Sotheby's

When an audit is done the IRS can hire somebody from Sotheby's to help out. Not a big deal.

Cool story.
There wont be enough people at Sotheby's to "help" out. Cool story though.
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

Yup.

Sotheby's

Cool story.
There wont be enough people at Sotheby's to "help" out. Cool story though.

Why not?
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 342

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.