Breaking News

974,858 Views | 11746 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by movielover
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Being a Republican doesn't automatically make him a Trump fan. But it also makes it pretty unlikely that he was influenced by liberal politicians talking about Trump.
movielover
sycasey
113 Days Til No Joe said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Being a Republican doesn't automatically make him a Trump fan. But it also makes it pretty unlikely that he was influenced by liberal politicians talking about Trump.
In a year where Democrats re-registered en masse to vote for Nikki Haley in Republican primaries, this is a particularly hilarious statement.

So he registered as GOP two years before the primaries for Nikki Haley? More likely he was just a Republican.
movielover
He's 20.
oski003
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Nah... I see him as a concord tom type.
sycasey
movielover said:

He's 20.

. . . and?
MinotStateBeav
I saw a video this morning of a reporter asking a schoolmate of the shooter. They said he was mercilessly bullied and a loner. I think the kid might just have snapped.
movielover
Is this how a 20-year-old loner outsmarted the Secret Service?

sycasey
Anyway, let's put this idea that the shooter was some kind of secret lefty to bed. People who knew him say he was a conservative.

Why a guy like this tried to kill Trump is a mystery. I suspect he was disturbed and had big problems with authority figures in general, so one day he decided to go after one of the biggest ones. It probably wasn't about political orientation, just general lashing out.
Eastern Oregon Bear
sycasey said:

Anyway, let's put this idea that the shooter was some kind of secret lefty to bed. People who knew him say he was a conservative.

Why a guy like this tried to kill Trump is a mystery. I suspect he was disturbed and had big problems with authority figures in general, so one day he decided to go after one of the biggest ones. It probably wasn't about political orientation, just general lashing out.
"Those purported classmates are crisis actors spreading disinformation! He gave $15 to Biden." in 3… 2… 1…
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

sycasey said:

"Those purported classmates are crisis actors spreading disinformation! He gave $15 to Biden." in 3… 2… 1…

The guy is 20. Why are they interviewing classmates of his when he was a sophomore in high school, which is when kids are 15 and 16? Can't they find somebody more recent?
concordtom
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

The guy is 20. Why are they interviewing classmates of his when he was a sophomore in high school, which is when kids are 15 and 16? Can't they find somebody more recent?

That's so stupid. Are you being facetious? Serious?
Oh, wait… you!
Hey, wait a minute, how'd you get off Ignore?
tequila4kapp
Is it too much to ask that CNN could understand legal motions and the law enough to actually report on things accurately and correctly? They seriously do a disservice to their audience by masking their stupidity with things like "agrees with Justice Thomas" and "unprecedented"
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Oh, wait… you!

When you were 15 or 16, you were getting chubbies for George Bush. Now, you get chubbies thinking about killing Trump. I am curious about the shooter's more recent views, not about when he was a underclassman in high school.
dajo9
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Oh, wait… you!
I gave all my ignores a weekend pass for this topic. Back to regular programming.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
oski003
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Oh, wait… you!
I gave all my ignores a weekend pass for this topic. Back to regular programming.

That's adorable.
smh
> Hey, wait a minute, how'd you get off Ignore?

click on a post by any ignored handle and the content comes thru. signed, muting ~300 handles
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
Eastern Oregon Bear
smh said:

> Hey, wait a minute, how'd you get off Ignore?

click on a post by an ignored handle and the content comes thru. signed, ignores ~300 handles

I was thinking that CT accidentally put someone on ignore for a month instead of forever and the month was up. It's easy to do.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

In some of these articles people say that he kind of disappeared after the COVID lockdown and wasn't seen much. Could be that's why it's hard to find more commentary.

I will grant that it's theoretically possible that Crooks had some kind of major leftward political shift in the last couple of years, but given the bulk of the evidence wouldn't you agree it seems unlikely? The only thing pointing that way is one $15 donation to ActBlue. Everything else (party affiliation, interest in guns, classmates' descriptions) seems to point away from him being a lefty.
movielover
BREAKING NEWS

NBC News: Florida judge dismisses the Trump classified documents case

"The Florida judge overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents trial dismissed the case against the former president Monday on the grounds that the appointment of and funding for special counsel Jack Smith was illegal.

"U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump nominee, said in her 93-page decision that Smith's appointment was "unlawful" and unconditional. "The clerk is directed to close this case," the judge wrote."
MinotStateBeav
Couple vids with a lot of new info about the Dems confronting Biden and the failures of the secret service.

concordtom
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

In some of these articles people say that he kind of disappeared after the COVID lockdown and wasn't seen much. Could be that's why it's hard to find more commentary.

I will grant that it's theoretically possible that Crooks had some kind of major leftward political shift in the last couple of years, but given the bulk of the evidence wouldn't you agree it seems unlikely? The only thing pointing that way is one $15 donation to ActBlue. Everything else (party affiliation, interest in guns, classmates' descriptions) seems to point away from him being a lefty.

Interview the parents about their political leanings. Kids often follow their parents.

Like, if the kid logged into the dad's PennInsider account and read how much the dad hated trump, a poor interpretation of what the kid could do to win the dad's approval might be to….

Of course, the parents won't say because they are now targets by MAGA retaliators.
movielover
MinotStateBeav
Top Democrat donor, Dmitry Mehlhorn, sent a letter to his media pals floating that Trump's assassination attempt was ....Russia.

movielover
movielover
More DEI incompetence.

bear2034
movielover said:

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News: Florida judge dismisses the Trump classified documents case

"The Florida judge overseeing Donald Trump's classified documents trial dismissed the case against the former president Monday on the grounds that the appointment of and funding for special counsel Jack Smith was illegal.

"U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump nominee, said in her 93-page decision that Smith's appointment was "unlawful" and unconditional. "The clerk is directed to close this case," the judge wrote."

Justice.
movielover
Thank you, Justice Thomas.
movielover
After the vindictive, petty, power-hungry DNC and Biden Administration denied RFK Jr a Secret Service detail and denied President Trump additional security, thete is a change.

Incompetent DHS Secretary Mayorkas Confirms RFK Jr. Will Get Secret Service Protection.
movielover
bear2034
It has been an epic 48 hours for Trump and his campaign:

*Trump avoids assassination by fractions of an inch. A miracle.

*Trump is endorsed by Elon Musk- who gave a large donation to his campaign.

*Trump names JD Vance as his VP pick at the RNC presidential convention.

*Trump's classified documents case is dismissed.

Big C

He's in a good place now. It's pretty hard to charge an avuncular, cuddly survivor of an assassination attempt with felonies for anything. He just might be President again for as long as he wants the job.

While I used to think of myself as something of an altruistic ideologue, I'm now considering if I maybe want to embrace MAGA for self-advancement and self-preservation.
movielover
bear2034
Today's headlines from your fake news source you can trust. Which one is your favorite?

12 Women Come Forward Alleging They Were Sexually Assaulted By Whoever Trump's VP Pick Is

JD Vance Horrified To Learn He Must Now Use Truth Social

Biden Tells Americans That We Must Eliminate Political Violence And Also Donald Trump

Secret Service Beefs Up Trump's Security With Squad Of Blind Midgets

Secret Service Vows To Find Out What Went Wrong At The Trump Rally As Soon As They Figure Out Who Left Cocaine In The White House
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

He's in a good place now. It's pretty hard to charge an avuncular, cuddly survivor of an assassination attempt with felonies for anything. He just might be President again for as long as he wants the job.

While I used to think of myself as something of an altruistic ideologue, I'm now considering if I maybe want to embrace MAGA for self-advancement and self-preservation.
As a government employee, I'm considering embracing MAGA as a path to job security.
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 336

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.