Kaepernick Nike

13,555 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sycasey
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's interesting how this has evolved.

bearister
Until tRump became POTUS, I was not a Kap fan. Now I am a HUGE one. May God bless him.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
I haven't bought a pair of Nikes since the 90s and I won't start now...but props to Uncle Phil.
graguna
bearister said:

Until tRump became POTUS, I was not a Kap fan. Now I am a HUGE one. May God bless him.
+1000
AunBear89
I'm loving all the videos of angry bros burning their Nike gear - that they already overpaid for.

Way to own the libs, broham!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
AunBear89 said:

I'm loving all the videos of angry bros burning their Nike gear - that they already overpaid for.

Way to own the libs, broham!

Some of the hillbillies on oxy forgot to take their Nikes off before they set them on fire.
Another Bear
AunBear89
Prolly cuz granny wernt there to untie 'em.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
In my personal college stock index, the University of Oregon when from 0 to 1.
B.A. Bearacus
This will air during this Thursday night's season opener:

Golden One

Taya Kyle's (American sniper's widow) response to Nike ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick:

Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. In your new ad with Colin Kaepernick, I get the message, but that "sacrificing everything thing", it just doesn't play out here. Sacrificing what exactly? A career? I've done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climband it wasn't sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and more importantly, who I believe in.

At best, that is all Colin sacrificedsome money, and it's debatable if he really lost his career over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one career to springboard himself into a different career when the first was waning. I don't know. What I do know is, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn't have gotten without getting on his knees or as you say, "believing in something." I'm also thinking the irony is that while I am not privy to the numbers, it's likely he gained a lucrative Nike contract. So yeahthat whole "sacrificing everything" is insulting to those who really have sacrificed everything.

You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.
How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when I say they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who will never be the same. THAT is sacrificing everything for something they believe in.
Did you get us talking? Yeah, you did. But, your brand recognition was strong enough. Did you teach the next generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your ad...it almost leaves me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting? Maybe you are banking on the fact we won't take the time to see your lack of judgement in using words that just don't fit. Maybe you are also banking on us not seeing Nike as kneeling before the flag. Or maybe you want us to see you exactly that way. I don't know. All I know is, I was actually in the market for some new kicks and at least for now, I've never been more grateful for Under Armor.
B.A. Bearacus
100% with you on this, Golden O. Remember the good ol' days when blacks knew their place and played by the rules that everyone agreed to?

Also, remember when this clueless Hare Krishna looking a-hole Sinead O'Connor tore that picture of the Pope on SNL because she was upset about the child abuse scandals within the Catholic Church? Female Kojak needed a Joe Pesci smack to the face! She should have known that the Church would sort it out all by itself.

ps. Dateline, August 16, 2018: "Roughly 300 Roman Catholic priests in Pennsylvania molested more than 1,000 children - and possibly many more - since the 1940s, according to a sweeping state grand jury report released Tuesday that accused senior church officials, including a clergyman who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., of systematically covering up complaints."
Anarchistbear
Wounded warriors and snipers are a small demographic. The short term hit to the stock will be just that. Lots of millennial will be gobbling up Kap gear, plus Nike is a global brand and this this plays well overseas where everyone hates Trump and it will also play well with a lot of black NBA stars. The MAGA demographic is diminishing - no need to cater to it like the NFL has done. This also shows just how out of it and backwards the NFL brand is- this is a huge slap in the face to them.
ducky23
Golden One said:

Taya Kyle's (American sniper's widow) response to Nike ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick:

Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. In your new ad with Colin Kaepernick, I get the message, but that "sacrificing everything thing", it just doesn't play out here. Sacrificing what exactly? A career? I've done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climband it wasn't sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and more importantly, who I believe in.

At best, that is all Colin sacrificedsome money, and it's debatable if he really lost his career over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one career to springboard himself into a different career when the first was waning. I don't know. What I do know is, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn't have gotten without getting on his knees or as you say, "believing in something." I'm also thinking the irony is that while I am not privy to the numbers, it's likely he gained a lucrative Nike contract. So yeahthat whole "sacrificing everything" is insulting to those who really have sacrificed everything.

You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.
How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when I say they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who will never be the same. THAT is sacrificing everything for something they believe in.
Did you get us talking? Yeah, you did. But, your brand recognition was strong enough. Did you teach the next generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your ad...it almost leaves me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting? Maybe you are banking on the fact we won't take the time to see your lack of judgement in using words that just don't fit. Maybe you are also banking on us not seeing Nike as kneeling before the flag. Or maybe you want us to see you exactly that way. I don't know. All I know is, I was actually in the market for some new kicks and at least for now, I've never been more grateful for Under Armor.

I'm shocked!!! Shocked I say. That of all people, Golden one would be anti kapernick
okaydo
Golden One said:

Pat Tillman > Chris Kyle

Also, Taya Kyle is against banning assault weapons. She's unwilling to make that sacrifice to save lives.

okaydo
Anarchistbear said:

Wounded warriors and snipers are a small demographic. The short term hit to the stock will be just that. Lots of millennial will be gobbling up Kap gear, plus Nike is a global brand and this this plays well overseas where everyone hates Trump and it will also play well with a lot of black NBA stars. The MAGA demographic is diminishing - no need to cater to it like the NFL has done. This also shows just how out of it and backwards the NFL brand is- this is a huge slap in the face to them.

okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

100% with you on this, Golden O. Remember the good ol' days when blacks knew their place and played by the rules that everyone agreed to?

Also, remember when this clueless Hare Krishna looking a-hole Sinead O'Connor tore that picture of the Pope on SNL because she was upset about the child abuse scandals within the Catholic Church? Female Kojak needed a Joe Pesci smack to the face! She should have known that the Church would sort it out all by itself.

ps. Dateline, August 16, 2018: "Roughly 300 Roman Catholic priests in Pennsylvania molested more than 1,000 children - and possibly many more - since the 1940s, according to a sweeping state grand jury report released Tuesday that accused senior church officials, including a clergyman who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., of systematically covering up complaints."

mikecohen
okaydo said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Similarly to be kept in mind are: (1) The high percentage of Tories opposed to the Revolutionary War and Independence; and (2) that the divisions in this country have never been so brutal as between 1861 and 1865; and that, from the beginning of Reconstruction, through the 1920s (during which 50,000 KKK Members marched in Washington D.C., through past the period of the above polls, there was little division in this country on the race issue - overwhelmingly against integration, North, South, East & West.
okaydo
Interesting article:

I will add that young people see through the hypocrisy of the pro-Trump anti-Kaepernick crowd.

They accuse a black guy of disparaging veterans and law enforcement.

Yet they totally don't mind when a white guy, who is commander in chief, disparages veterans and law enforcement.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/how-nike-got-all-the-way-to-lionizing-colin-kaepernick.html

Golden One
You mean like the hypocrisy in your crowd which doesn't seem to be bothered when over a hundred black people are killed each month in Chicago by other blacks but goes nuts when one cop shoots a black person?
Yeah, you go ahead and preach to me about hypocrisy!
Another Bear
I still have mixed feelings about Nike. Good for backing Kap and good for taking a stand...BUT no way I'm buying any of their crap. But then I'm weird because I generally don't pay for the privilege of wearing a brand. Having someone else's name on your shirt use to mean you worked for them or owed them.

I guess my attitude is Nike is still flawed and mostly useless but good for them...yet a side of me still thinks there's a cynical effort to cash in.
Golden One
ducky23 said:

I'm shocked!!! Shocked I say. That of all people, Golden one would be anti kapernick
Anti Kaepernick and proud of it. He's nothing more than a washed up football player (who was never very good in the first place) who is longing for attention. Unfortunately, Nike has given him just that.
Anarchistbear
No doubt this is good for business for them and also reinforces the edgy iconic vibe instead of the child slave labor one.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

You mean like the hypocrisy in your crowd which doesn't seem to be bothered when over a hundred black people are killed each month in Chicago by other blacks but goes nuts when one cop shoots a black person?
With you 100% here, Golden O. It's like why are we focusing at all on deaths due to motor vehicle crashes, cocaine, and heroin when there are more deaths due to opioids than all those categories combined? Why are those dummies in MADD focused on booze when it's really about OPIOIDS?!
AunBear89
I'm picking up what you're laying down, B.A. But ol' Golden Onenote is terminally irony-challenged. He sees the entire world in shades of white(GOOD!) and black(BAD!). Perhaps with a lot of brown (ALSO BAD!) thrown in too.
Golden One
AunBear89 said:

I'm picking up what you're laying down, B.A. But ol' Golden Onenote is terminally irony-challenged. He sees the entire world in shades of white(GOOD!) and black(BAD!). Perhaps with a lot of brown (ALSO BAD!) thrown in too.
Very predictible response from a hopelessly negative and prejudiced observer.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden O, what the crowd on here doesn't realize is that just because a person has never had a non-white friend in his lifetime doesn't mean that he can't understand and appreciate the perspectives of non-white people. Period. High-five (star this) for never having had a non-white friend!
bearister
The first Sunday after tRump leaves office I suggest this song be substituted in place of the National Anthem at all NFL games. It brings me to my happy place. Louie Prima was a god:

AunBear89
Ah - deflection and projection. Options No.1 and No. 2 in the GOP "Can't argue with facts" Playbook. Well done, sir.
going4roses
Golden One said:

You are still not listening.
Golden One
B.A. Bearacus said:

Golden O, what the crowd on here doesn't realize is that just because a person has never had a non-white friend in his lifetime doesn't mean that he can't understand and appreciate the perspectives of non-white people. Period. High-five (star this) for never having had a non-white friend!

You're a typical liberal. When he/she has no facts he/she makes up facts to suit himself/herself. You allege that I have no black friends. I have no idea if you're black, white, or brown, and I really don't care. I don't judge people by the color of their skin. But I'm willing to bet that I have more black friends than you do.
Golden One
Well, there is nothing of substance to "listen" to.
Golden One
AunBear89 said:

Ah - deflection and projection. Options No.1 and No. 2 in the GOP "Can't argue with facts" Playbook. Well done, sir.
If you ever presented facts (which you haven't) there might be something to argue with or debate. All you ever do is denigrate people whose opinion differs from yours. That's so typical of those who share your political views.
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

You're a typical liberal. When he/she has no facts he/she makes up facts to suit himself/herself. You allege that I have no black friends. I have no idea if you're black, white, or brown, and I really don't care. I don't judge people by the color of their skin. But I'm willing to bet that I have more black friends than you do.
Golden O, if it were a white player kneeling during the National Anthem to spotlight changes needed in the American Catholic Church to rid itself of systemic child abuse, would you be similarly up in arms?
Another Bear
Frankly at this very point in time conservatives should really just STFU about using facts, civility and reason. Why, Trump is POTUS and the GOP have fully backed his lunacy despite internal descent from senior staffers.

'nuff said about the ANTI-DEMOCRACY Republican party. Go fcck yourselves you traitors.

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.