Quick Poll: Politics aside, is Christine Blasey Ford lying?

51,494 Views | 455 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

A man reported that he and another buddy kicked Brett and Mark's asses in Rhode Island after their female acquaintance was sexually assaulted by them, allegedly.

Newport, RI? God, preppies are the worst.
There was Harry, there was Mary, there was Grace.
drizzlybears brother
wifeisafurd said:

I have no idea if she is lying, nor do I think anyone here knows.
You should have some idea. Or do you just take everyone at face value?
bearister
drizzlybears brother said:

wifeisafurd said:

Anyone who has taken a lot of depositions knows that a witness that habitually gives evasive responses is engaging in gamesmanship, is trying to hide something and thus is a liar. Kavanaugh is clearly a liar, which serves to increase the odds Dr. Ford is not lying. You have to be the lowest form of pond scum to use your 10 year old daughter and your church as props to hide behind. He conducted himself like the two bit privileged, entitled, spoiled brat preppy punk that he is. Zero backbone. Would never share a foxhole with him.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
What is obvious is Kavanaugh exists solely because of his birth, his privilege and his connections. There is nothing about his intellect that distinguishes him and when the s$it hits the fan he is reduced to the whining, self-pitying preppy.
mikecohen
Anarchistbear said:

What is obvious is Kavanaugh exists solely because of his birth, his privilege and his connections. There is nothing about his intellect that distinguishes him and when the s$it hits the fan he is reduced to the whining, self-pitying preppy.
Based on what one of Bill Maher's panel guests (Evelyn Farkas) said tonight (of which it was the first I heard of it), Kavanaugh had a lot of creativity and guts as GOP Hitman:

(1) He was a member of the GOP Thug group that physically shut down the Florida recount.

(2) He was the chief operative pushing the Clinton killed Vince Foster meme

(3) He was the guy who thought up and wrote all the "Signing Statements" which purported to alter laws GW Bush was signing into law by writing provisos that purported to establish the meaning of the laws being signed other than what could be gleaned from their texts, e.g., a law against torture, which the signing statement said didn't apply to terrorism.

Just to flesh out the pile
concordtom
Can we make a list of all the lies and evasions Kavanaugh said during his testimony?

Demonstrably false and he knew it when he tried to pawn off that the seniors were drinking Legally!
Maybe when he was a junior the OLDER seniors were legal. Some seniors would have turned 18 after graduation, and this NEVER applied to kids in his grade, and certainly not the year he was a senior NONE of them were legal. Clearly caught trying to sell a lie here.

Definition of Ralph: please.

Definition of boofed: please.

Definition of Devil's Triangle: please.

Definition of renate alumnus: please.

Have you ever blacked out? Have you? Please.

Have you ever had too many beers when you couldn't recall some events? Have you? Please.

I'm forgetting others. Please help me with this list. In totality, and upon reflection, it seems clear to me that he is a liar, a poor character for the Court, and should retire to some country club with his beers. He likes beer.
concordtom
Please don't depress me with all that.
calbearinamaze
I thought I had posted this about 2 hours ago, but there was a "computer glitch"...
normal jargon meaning, in the great percentage of case, a human or human
made errors.

I was clueless as to the Facebook hack of 50 million+ accounts. If anyone is
at all concerned about it identity theft etc. my wife and I had to go through
a rather steep learning curve a few years ago:

In case you haven't heard/seen this....it's important.

https://www.facebook.com/11thhour/videos/463842957459512/

Late last night both audio and video were fine...without going through Facebook
I'm a definite FB-abstainer....Mr. Zuckerman has to prove somehow that's he's
really doing something serious about fake accounts etc. Will that happen? Darned
if I know.

Hopefully you folks will be able to see and hear.
I'm not going to be able to recall all of the details (No, I wasn't stone drunk last night)
I was tired.

Here goes:

Williams had own a former FBI supervisor. He's Italian, and last name starts with P.
Perhaps you've seen him...he's all-business.

He said this type of thing is where the FBI really shines.

1. the FBI in LA and probably Baltimore were contacting people last night
Normally, the Montgomery County (where the Ford alleged assault took place)police etc.
would have jurisdiction. This isn't normal. The FBI has total jurisdiction.

2. people who knew Kav in HS, Yale and anywhere else the FBI determines is
important should know they will probably be contacted.

3. Kav's calendar will definitely to under careful scrutiny...handwriting analysis
and other techniques will be/are being used

4. Kav's hearing testimony is in play.

5. Something I found really interesting. Yes Kav had several FBI background checks
previously. The thing is that in most cases, those are only for age 18+. In reopening
the background checks Kav's activates prior to age 18 are in play.

That's all I can recall..may have gotten somethings a bit wrong. In any case, we'll be
hearing/seeing/reading about this today and going forward.

HTH.

GO BEARS! A last second pass from Garbers to Moe ways to win. The "Moe ways
to win" was coined by ddc_Cal on 9/6/18. I certainly didn't remember that. I did a
search of Bearinsider which has wonderful search capability. Some other boards
don't even come close.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
okaydo

ducky23
Anarchistbear said:

Yeah but he went to Yale! You know, the #1 law school.
prospeCt
bearister
prospeCt said:

That is hysterical and brilliant.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

wifeisafurd said:

Anyone who has taken a lot of depositions knows that a witness that habitually gives evasive responses is engaging in gamesmanship, is trying to hide something and thus is a liar. Kavanaugh is clearly a liar, which serves to increase the odds Dr. Ford is not lying. You have to be the lowest form of pond scum to use your 10 year old daughter and your church as props to hide behind. He conducted himself like the two bit privileged, entitled, spoiled brat preppy punk that he is. Zero backbone. Would never share a foxhole with him.

B.A. Bearacus

More Caroline O: "The FBI will also not be allowed to look into why Brett Kavanaugh's account of his own behavior and drinking habits at Yale differs from the accounts given by literally everyone who went to school with him... Thursday's hearing was a sham hearing, and with the limits placed on the FBI by the White House, the investigation will be a sham, too. And then it will be used by senators as political cover so they can vote for Kavanaugh and dismiss the allegations against him."
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

...Thursday's hearing was a sham hearing, and with the limits placed on the FBI by the White House, the investigation will be a sham, too. And then it will be used by senators as political cover so they can vote for Kavanaugh and dismiss the allegations against him."

Fielding Mellish:
"I object, your honor! This trial is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham." Woody Allen, Bananas
B.A. Bearacus
blungld

Narrow the investigation to avoid finding out more information or anything that could perjure him? How does one not just become incredibly pessimistic about our country through this? It's just action after action of cheating and lying and grabbing power and keeping us all angry and unable to settle back into any normalcy or cohesion with one another again. God forbid, a real investigation is done and we all gain a little bit of trust back with our government.

They must need him on the court so bad and quick because of emoluments and potential subpoena, willing to do anything. So friggin' dirty. And all the time you have the State Media FOX selling the Democrats are dirty narrative telling complete fabrications and stoking paranoia and loyalty. It's just so so bad.
bearister
Pulp Fiction trivia: Although the character's name was Brett (played by Frank Whaley), Samuel Jackson muffed his line and said, "Check out the big brain on Brad." Tarantino just left it in.
B.A. Bearacus

VenaZ1
Growing up during those teen years... Boys will be boys n girls will be girls. Drink till drunk n having a good ol time. One thing leads to another... Hey that's part of growing up. If u didn't grow up in Christian based home. As kids w friends u can get pretty wild. W no adult supervision.
I'm sure majority of us can admit sexual misconduct. 36yrs later COME ON NOW! she has no recollection? How much was she paid to ruin her reputation n especially to ruin a TRUMP picked nominee? She lied, democrats staged this. Fienkenstein is a OLD ***** n created a terrible upset SHE MUST BE PROUD OF HERSELF, jus like her Chinese spy that worked for her twenty years. SHE LIED TOO. Nothing came out of that. Y wasn't she questioned? Investigated? Only the Reds?
A LIE IS A LIE NO MATTER WHAT COLOR U PAINT IT!!!
bearister
VenaZ1 said:

Growing up during those teen years... Boys will be boys n girls will be girls. Drink till drunk n having a good ol time. One thing leads to another... Hey that's part of growing up. If u didn't grow up in Christian based home. As kids w friends u can get pretty wild. W no adult supervision.
I'm sure majority of us can admit sexual misconduct. 36yrs later COME ON NOW! she has no recollection? How much was she paid to ruin her reputation n especially to ruin a TRUMP picked nominee? She lied, democrats staged this. Fienkenstein is a OLD ***** n created a terrible upset SHE MUST BE PROUD OF HERSELF, jus like her Chinese spy that worked for her twenty years. SHE LIED TOO. Nothing came out of that. Y wasn't she questioned? Investigated? Only the Reds?

I'm pretty sure you have to be more articulate than that to attract a debate here.
BearChemist
bearister said:

VenaZ1 said:

I'm pretty sure you have to be more articulate than that to attract a debate here.

His post already has a rec, so can't say it didn't hit the target audience.
BearsWiin
VenaZ1 said:

Well, after three attempts, it's pretty clear to me that this site's software doesn't support cyrilic lettering.

B.A. Bearacus
BearChemist said:

bearister said:

His post already has a rec, so can't say it didn't hit the target audience.
Account was created today. The star was likely from his other account.
Another Bear
Russkie troll...back to the Petrograd breadline comrade!
B.A. Bearacus
Things that happened in 1982:

OBear073akaSMFan
concordtom said:

Can we make a list of all the lies and evasions Kavanaugh said during his testimony?

Demonstrably false and he knew it when he tried to pawn off that the seniors were drinking Legally!
Maybe when he was a junior the OLDER seniors were legal. Some seniors would have turned 18 after graduation, and this NEVER applied to kids in his grade, and certainly not the year he was a senior NONE of them were legal. Clearly caught trying to sell a lie here.

Definition of Ralph: please.

Definition of boofed: please.

Definition of Devil's Triangle: please.

Definition of renate alumnus: please.

Have you ever blacked out? Have you? Please.

Have you ever had too many beers when you couldn't recall some events? Have you? Please.

I'm forgetting others. Please help me with this list. In totality, and upon reflection, it seems clear to me that he is a liar, a poor character for the Court, and should retire to some country club with his beers. He likes beer.
He no doubt wrote his opening tirade but I see a lot of the moron's influence when he brought up Trump's 2016 elections win , the Clinton's revenge, and conspiracy of the left wing. This could be the thing that might help bring him down. Can he be impartial feeling this way?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
Add one more STFU Brett from someone very credible...

Professor Charles Ludington [source: WaPo]:

Charles Ludington, a former varsity basketball player and friend of Kavanaugh's at Yale, told The Washington Post on Sunday that he plans to deliver a statement to the FBI field office in Raleigh on Monday detailing violent drunken behavior by Kavanaugh in college.

Ludington, an associate professor at North Carolina State University, provided a copy of the statement to The Post.

In it, Ludington says in one instance, Kavanaugh initiated a fight that led to the arrest of a mutual friend: "When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive. On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the man's face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail."

Ludington says he was deeply troubled by Kavanaugh appearing to blatantly mischaracterize his drinking in Senate testimony.

"I do not believe that the heavy drinking or even loutish behavior of an 18 or even 21 year old should condemn a person for the rest of his life," Ludington wrote. "However ... if he lied about his past actions on national television, and more especially while speaking under oath in front of the United States Senate, I believe those lies should have consequences."

-----------------------------------

Charles Ludington received his undergraduate history degree from Yale University and his master's and doctoral degrees from Columbia University. He has published essays on the Huguenot diaspora in Ireland, British and Irish political thought in the late-Stuart era, and the history of wine consumption in Britain from the mid-seventeenth century to the mid-nineteenth century. He was elected a fellow of the Royal Historical Society in London in 2014. Since earning his doctorate in 2003, Ludington has taught Early Modern and Modern British history, European history, European intellectual history, and food history at Duke University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University. He has won three teaching awards, including lecturer of the year in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at North Carolina State University, where he was made a Teaching Associate Professor of History in 2013.
sycasey
"KAVANAUGH SAID HE HAD 'NO CONNECTIONS' TO YALE. HE WAS, IN FACT, A LEGACY STUDENT"

https://www.newsweek.com/kavanaugh-said-he-had-no-connections-yale-he-was-legacy-student-1145286

No wonder Trump picked this guy. They are one and the same: lie about 10 times a day, born on third base and think they hit a triple.
okaydo

mikecohen
Another Bear said:

Read a quick headline, basically; it's NOT about sex or sexual assault, it's about if Kavanaugh is lying.

This makes sense to me because he can't be prosecuted, it's long gone...but if he's lying then there is a problem because he's up for a SC justice position, highest court in the land, yada, yada.

Also read 200 of Ford's former classmates have penned a letter of support.

FWIW: There is no Statute of Limitations for the crime Kavanaugh is accused of committing, in the jurisdiction in which he is accused of having done it.
B.A. Bearacus
New data in the field of invertebrate studies.

wifeisafurd

wifeisafurd said:

The stupidity of this post is that my comment was made before any testimony and before other acts were alleged, where posters were espousing absolute views based solely on written statements made to the press. This clearly was a reflection of poster bias than anything else. Moreover, the additional stupidity of this post is that my later comments on this board that Ford's testimony seemed credible (especially that she acknowledged that she didn't have a lot of facts, which after 35 years should be the cal) in view of additional accusations (lone acts generally don't happen, guys that do this stuff are acting in a course of conduct).

That said, don't be disappointed when the idiotic one week FBI investigation doesn't come back like you want. There is no corroborating evidence that Ford has provided, or probably can provide or the FBI can develop especially within one week. There is no doubt in my mind the FBI will state that testimony so stale is far less trustworthy and will have limited probative value, and grows weaker as the ability to remember has become impaired or tainted by a desire to achieve a certain result. Some will apply this to either party. But supporters of Ford are not going to like this even though it is black letter discourse in every case involving statue of limitations.

The other aspect is that over time witnesses' memories fade, physical evidence is lost or never found, and in many instances third party witnesses may not understand what was significant at the time and thus have no recollections (did she go up the steps, where was Bret, was he even there, etc.?).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.