Quick Poll: Politics aside, is Christine Blasey Ford lying?

51,091 Views | 455 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mikecohen said:

bearister said:

After a nationwide search the Republicans have selected the attorney that will conduct the cross examination of Dr. Ford with regard to the high school conduct of Kavanaugh and Mark Judge:

He's referring to members of the University of Utah athletic teams
What ute have a problem with Vinny asking questions?
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

Still a bunch of gutless psssies hiding behind skirts. The epitome of weak and spineless.

Any way, proceed with the GOP BJ of Trump and the corruption.
Classy, very classy.
wifeisafurd
We are going to get testimony from Ford and Kav.

My guess is despite all the whining and attempts to orchestrate the best political setting, Ford is going to do just fine, as long as she doesn't embellish, just tells what she knows, and admits what she doesn't. People understand that your not going to recall everything that happened 35 years ago. I don' know whether she or Kav will prevail in the minds of the America populace, but she her opportunity. 10 % or less than of those who claim sexual assault are thought to be lying - but that doesn't mean Kav did it. Both deserve their opportunity to be heard with an open mind and then be judged.
bearister

Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford moved 3,000 miles to reinvent her life. It wasn't far enough.

https://wapo.st/2OKZmVc
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Still a bunch of gutless psssies hiding behind skirts. The epitome of weak and spineless.

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

bearister
Another Bear
Former DOJ Inspector General joins Team Ford.

If attorneys, legal counsel gets to question opposition witnesses, Kavanaugh might have his hands full. For one, federal appeals judges aren't use to being questioned, and it's been shown before.

sycasey
wifeisafurd said:

We are going to get testimony from Ford and Kav.

My guess is despite all the whining and attempts to orchestrate the best political setting, Ford is going to do just fine, as long as she doesn't embellish, just tells what she knows, and admits what she doesn't. People understand that your not going to recall everything that happened 35 years ago. I don' know whether she or Kav will prevail in the minds of the America populace, but she her opportunity. 10 % or less than of those who claim sexual assault are thought to be lying - but that doesn't mean Kav did it. Both deserve their opportunity to be heard with an open mind and then be judged.

Right now my guess is that Kavanaugh comes off badly in the hearing (I'm already not impressed by his performances under questioning), which probably leads to his nomination getting pulled. But there are a lot of factors at play here, so no sure thing.
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

Nice label even if not true.
Yogi58
wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

If you didn't want the label, you shouldn't have voted for him.
wifeisafurd
Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

This from the fellow 5 year old.
Yogi58
wifeisafurd said:

Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

Your cry for less "name calling" doesn't resonate when you make posts like this.
bearister
In connection with the good judge's mock cross examination in preparation for next week:

"But Kavanaugh grew frustrated when it came to questions that dug into his private life, particularly his drinking habits and his sexual proclivities."
"He declined to answer some questions altogether, saying they were too personal ... 'I'm not going to answer that,' Kavanaugh said at one point according to a senior White House official, who said that the questions were designed to go over the line and that he struck the right tone." Axios
wifeisafurd
Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Yogi Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

Your cry for less "name calling" doesn't resonate when you make posts like this.
Oh, Sebastebear has you pegged just right.
BearChemist
Someone please post the questions Kavanaugh prepared for Bill Clinton again and define the meaning of "cross the line."
wifeisafurd
bearister said:

In connection with the good judge's mock cross examination in preparation for next week:

"But Kavanaugh grew frustrated when it came to questions that dug into his private life, particularly his drinking habits and his sexual proclivities."
"He declined to answer some questions altogether, saying they were too personal ... 'I'm not going to answer that,' Kavanaugh said at one point according to a senior White House official, who said that the questions were designed to go over the line and that he struck the right tone." Axios
This testimony will be nothing but personal if he wants to be on SCOTUS. Drinking and sex are the essence of the allegation in question.
okaydo

Another Bear
wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Classy, very classy.

Said the Trumpkin.

Right you're not a Trumpkin. You simply like the outcome of his chaos policy and you clearly like the Kavanaugh appointment. True to form for a conservative sitting on his hands, looking the other way, party over country. Mostly however it's the Kavanaugh appointment that says you're a Trumpkin...okay closeted Trumpkin.
bearister
okaydo said:

Nothing like a good looking woman that backs the party of good ole boys and sexism because you have to figure they have experienced some bad behavior based on the company they keep. They have to be morons or light in the self esteem department. Either that or they are wealthy and willing to put up with it or they personally have never experienced the bad conduct so they lack empathy for their sisters that have. Is there a term like Uncle Tom that can be used to describe this type of woman?
sycasey
Ruh-roh. More allegations against Kavanaugh. The GOP was dumb to go all-in on him.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez/
bearister
sycasey said:

Ruh-roh. More allegations against Kavanaugh. The GOP was dumb to go all-in on him.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez/

Booth!
Another Bear
Strike two for Kavanaugh. Strike three likely to come during the hearings. Brett is toast.

Here's the thing, I wouldn't call strike two disqualifying behavior except for a SC justice with already one other strike and a denial. Otherwise it was just dumb, vulgar, typically stupid college behavior. I've seen it before. Alcohol was involved.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Strike two for Kavanaugh. Strike three likely to come during the hearings. Brett is toast.

Here's the thing, I wouldn't call strike two disqualifying behavior except for a SC justice with already one other strike and a denial. Otherwise it was just dumb, vulgar, typically stupid college behavior. I've seen it before. Alcohol was involved.

Strike three:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6199959/Michael-Avenatti-says-hes-representing-woman-credible-information-Brett-Kavanaugh.html
Another Bear
Wow, a train, really? Jesus, who wants to be part of that? Seriously sick and very illegal if he was getting women drunk. Kavanaugh is done. Maybe the rumors he was pals with Kozinski are real.

Any way, the GOP should stand pat, still go all in. For "entertainment" value and to bury those motherfcckers for a long, long time.

Once again, you can't make this up.

p.s. Avenatti is going to gut that idiot with a rusty nail. Wrong guy to have on your ass.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Wow, a train, really? Jesus, who wants to be part of that? Seriously sick and very illegal if he was getting women drunk. Kavanaugh is done. Maybe the rumors he was pals with Kozinski are real.

Any way, the GOP should stand pat, still go all in. For "entertainment" value and to bury those motherfcckers for a long, long time.

Once again, you can't make this up.

p.s. Avenatti is going to gut that idiot with a rusty nail. Wrong guy to have on your ass.

...and once Ronan Farrow targets you the outcome is a foregone conclusion.
Another Bear
Oh yeah...he's done.

mikecohen
bearister said:

okaydo said:

Nothing like a good looking woman that backs the party of good ole boys and sexism because you have to figure they have experienced some bad behavior based on the company they keep. They have to be morons or light in the self esteem department. Either that or they are wealthy and willing to put up with it or they personally have never experienced the bad conduct so they lack empathy for their sisters that have. Is there a term like Uncle Tom that can be used to describe this type of woman?
Part of the problem (of getting men to understand this) is that, although, for many women, even the extraordinarily stupid and clueless conduct (totally oblivious to the feelings and reactions of the object of his affections) which is a fair characterization of the conduct of Clarence Thomas, can be as deeply affecting as to be fairly characterized as soul shattering (and many gradations of denigration lower than that, all of which are at least hurtful), there are nevertheless other women who are (as one of the 1970s spiritual movements used to refer to it) "senior to it", i.e., they see through it, and therefore see the little evil monster twirling around in its own stupid juice as not threatening to their own self-esteem.

Of course, although such insight can help even against physical violence, physical violence (of any degree) is a good demarcation line, along with its brother, the position of power of the harasser to affect the women's life, career, etc, because of the harrasser's power position.

There are other women who have been so brutalized by any and all of the different aspects of the system of power imbalance that they accept it as their lot and as part of life and of their life - for example the wife of the guy who picked up a young woman hitch-hiker and wound up cutting off her arms at the elbows and leaving her in the desert to die (which she did not do). The wife characterized the relationship with her husband as being that it was proper for him to have the "dominant personality".

So, rather than trying to come to a solution in trying to understand personalities, it is probably better just to keep on pushing against this un-mitigated evil.

The fact that women are also capable of evil and of abusing power, is a separate subject. One might talk about it in relation to men abusing their power, but it does not at all play into the line against physical violence, or, for that matter, against accepting any system that denigrates the human worth of any person, or especially of any category of persons.

Jon Meacham thinks that "(it is) self-evident that all men are created equal" (obviously adjusted for gender) is the most important phrase ever written in the English language.
mikecohen
A big irony of all this for me (that others have not missed) is that the voters (especially Trump's female voters) overlooked (and apparently continue to do so) not only the allegations of the 20 or so women against Trump (plus his admission of such conduct generally, and that, with Stormy Daniels -which he now almost admits- he did that not long after his child with Melania was born, and with the Playboy Bunny lady, with whom he had a fairly lengthy relationship, they had talked about marriage), but the credible allegations that he had hung out for a long enough time (including attending some of this guy's parties) with a notorious child molester who would actually arrange for underage girls, some extra-ordinarily young, which guy was in fact convicted and sent away for it. Ronan Farrow, where are you?
bearister
"...totally oblivious to the feelings and reactions of the object of his affections) which is a fair characterization of the conduct of Clarence Thomas.."
One of the few times I disagree with you, MC. Far from being clueless, Thomas was little more than a playground bully throwing his weight around with Anita Hill in the most mean spirited and demeaning way possible. Then he topped it off by acting with such faux righteous indignation when he knew he was guilty as charged (with perjury as the cherry on top). The final insult added to injury was that his drunk wife harassed Anita Hill with late night phone calls years after the fact.
wifeisafurd
As noted earlier, a one time action is the aberration usually. This type of behavior almost always is a course of conduct. With repetitive allegations (as in Thomas), the allegations become credible. I don't think this nomination lasts until the Thursday hearing.
BearChemist
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

"Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh's nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote."

sycasey
BearChemist said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

"Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh's nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote."

They should have pulled Kav after the first credible allegation. Now the Senators themselves have been dragged into it. It's now officially an issue for the midterm elections.

A former Republican operative wrote a book called "Everything Trump Touches Dies," and that seems especially true here. Trump could have vetted his pick more. He could have listened to McConnell and chosen someone without so much baggage. But no, he chose this guy and will drag the party down with him.
Another Bear
Trump made a deal with Anthony Kennedy. Kennedy's son (company) by chance gave Trump a $1bn loan. Maybe there's more than meets the eye but it looks bad and calculated.

I think getting the second nomination in, and the tax cut, were the main goals of the GOP before they cut Trump loose, and/or Mueller got him, resigned or self-destructs.

Here's the thing that frightens me and pssses me off - these clowns are running government and the supposed guardians of American democracy and the well-being of the nation. They are complete idiots, beyond stupid. They forced this through and I have to believe they knew about Kavanaugh's true character. Seriously, if senators and staffers don't gossip, something is seriously wrong. Again, they trusted him to do the dirty work.

Kavanaugh was going to be the conservative's hatchet man. Maybe there was a special bond of predatory misogyny, or the knowledge of Kavanaugh's character gave the senators/GOP leverage (he's one of us). A woman would never do. She'd scares these old coots because she suddenly might find her humanity or a commonality with the other female SC justices. Go full Sandra Day O'Connor.
ducky23
BearChemist said:

This makes zero sense to me. If gop senators knew beforehand, why go all in with supporting him these last few days? These senators are going to look like idiots once the S hits the fan

The Ramirez allegation I don't know what to think of yet without knowing more.

But I think the avenatti one could be fatal to not only kavanaugh but the gop as well IF what avenatti says is true and he has "several" collaborating witnesses who say kavanaugh and judge targeted women with alcohol and drugs.

I'm just shocked. Shocked! That the GOP didn't want to subpoena judge.

There's only going to be more and more information that's going to come out about kavanaugh and what the gop knew and when they knew it and how they've tried to jam kavanaugh thru anyways. I really don't see how this works at well for the gop.
BearChemist
ducky23 said:

BearChemist said:

This makes zero sense to me. If gop senators knew beforehand, why go all in with supporting him these last few days? These senators are going to look like idiots once the S hits the fan

The Ramirez allegation I don't know what to think of yet without knowing more.

But I think the avenatti one could be fatal to not only kavanaugh but the gop as well IF what avenatti says is true and he has "several" collaborating witnesses who say kavanaugh and judge targeted women with alcohol and drugs.

I'm just shocked. Shocked! That the GOP didn't want to subpoena judge.

There's only going to be more and more information that's going to come out about kavanaugh and what the gop knew and when they knew it and how they've tried to jam kavanaugh thru anyways. I really don't see how this works at well for the gop.

The way I see it is this: The info about new accusations were available to several Democrat senators' office and were being vetted. Under the current political environment these accusations are everywhere so no sane senator would want to jump the gun and blow his/her own face. This is exactly the time window GOP leadership like to ram the confirmation through. Once Kavanaugh is on SCOTUS you need to find 67 votes to remove him, good luck with that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.