Numbers going up: USA! USA! USA!

8,874 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dimitrig
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Oakland followed their script we would have jails full of broke sick people and the guards do not want to be there
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
LMK5
China's got the propaganda machine in overdrive as they show 0 new cases for the last 24 hours (in a country with 1.4B people). Damn they're good.
Cal88
LMK5 said:

China's got the propaganda machine in overdrive as they show 0 new cases for the last 24 hours (in a country with 1.4B people). Damn they're good.
It does look like they've managed to control the spread, their daily deaths numbers have been in the single digits. Which is good news, because if they can't control this with 3 months of draconian measures and an authoritarian centralized political system, then we're in big trouble...
dimitrig

I do not trust any media reports coming out of any Third World nations, especially Communist ones like China and Vietnam (see below). There is no possible way that China had fewer overall cases and deaths than Spain, Italy, and the US when they were not even aware it was spreading in their huge, densely populated country for more than a month. The first person identified as getting ill was November 17th (which means they contracted it prior to that) and the seafood market was not even shut down until January 1st. Something is rotten in Denmark about all of that.

30 Mar 2020:
"Vietnam shows how you can contain COVID-19 with limited resources"

31 Mar 2020:
"Vietnam Orders National Isolation After Initial Containment of Coronavirus"
"Vietnam linked the second wave of COVID-19 infections largely to foreigners entering the nation after it had appeared to contain the first wave."

1 Apr 2020:
"Vietnam on Wednesday declared the infectious COVID-19 disease a nationwide epidemic"

Edit: I read first case was December 12th but recent evidence says November 17th.

LMK5
Cal88 said:

LMK5 said:

It does look like they've managed to control the spread, their daily deaths numbers have been in the single digits. Which is good news, because if they can't control this with 3 months of draconian measures and an authoritarian centralized political system, then we're in big trouble...
Showing zero cases means their credibility is also zero.
Cal88
They did fudge their numbers, for a while their case numbers were growing exponentially, but almost perfectly so, with zero random noise, so you know they were fudged. At one point, people were starting to predict their future numbers correctly down to the single digit. I think they probably underreported their Wuhan casualties early on and at the peak.

This being said, there is a range beyond which it is hard for them to lie, China is still a somewhat open modern society with widespread use of VPNs, it is not North Korea, there are a lot of first hand reports and expats in their main cities that could verify or deny official reports. There is no doubt that their epidemic is well into the decline phase, cities like Shanghai or Shenzhen have been at a more relaxed regimen for a while now.
dajo9
I wonder how long people will describe crony capitalist fascist states like China as communist
American Vermin
AunBear89
As long as they continue to choose to be low information GOP cultists, parroting Faux News talking points.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dimitrig
dajo9 said:

I wonder how long people will describe crony capitalist fascist states like China as communist

As long as they use the term for their ruling Party so will I.

I wonder how long people will describe the US as a democratic republic when it is clearly a plutocracy.

dajo9
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

As long as they use the term for their ruling Party so will I.

I wonder how long people will describe the US as a democratic republic when it is clearly a plutocracy.

Our government has definitely stopped being representative of the people. I'm with you there.
American Vermin
rkt88edmo
I wonder if the virus made its way into the work Chinese reeducation work camps
Cal88
Here's a good short rundown on China's approach to contain covid19 from a British expat:

dimitrig
Cal88 said:

Here's a good short rundown on China's approach to contain covid19 from a British expat:

Thanks for posting. I have read all of this, but watching it makes it even more disturbing. It goes to show that they are capable of anything if they feel it is for the good of the state. What's the next step, euthanizing everyone with a temperature over age 60?

I like how he keeps pulling his mask down despite everyone else has their on as if to prove a point what a tough Brit he is.

BTW, I wonder how their facial recognition software can recognize people that are wearing masks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.