More ridiculousness from California

23,535 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Krugman Is A Moron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not Me - Us said:

blungld said:

kelly09 said:

What's clear is the Left hates our country........always has.
When you start sloganeering, you have stopped thinking.
https://medium.com/@raegandavis/the-ungodly-privilege-of-vote-blue-no-matter-who-5171630bed7c
Total silence from the guy who doesn't talk down to his "peers"
BearForce2
blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

The left should look within and see their own injustice, stupidity, and corruption.
Oh good, we are in total agreement that we don't want injustice, stupidity, and corruption! Let's do something about it together! Where should we start? Hmmmm. How about at the top and with the person most responsible for all three? Or should we start with the teenager who knocked over a statue?

Instead of just writing words, how about thinking through their meaning and standing for principles rather than just trying to come up with the best flames for your "enemies."

Yes we are in total agreement that we don't want injustice, stupidity, and corruption but we disagree on where we should start. How about we start with you? Who do you think you are that you can point your finger at someone else without removing the injustice, stupidity, and corruption inside you? Don't you realize you are part of a systemically racist country that's oppressing blacks (unless you yourself happen to non-white)? Since you believe in systemic racism, it must have been around before Trump took office, why start with Trump?

BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.

Democrats like it when dead people vote and don't think a certain minority group is capable of producing an ID.

Republicans hate the idea of more people voting so much that they make up problems like "dead people voting," even though there is no real evidence it's any kind of widespread problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ensure-every-american-can-vote/vote-suppression/myth-voter-fraud

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/updated-458000-dead-persons-could-be-mailed-ballots-if-ca-goes-all-mail-in-nov-2020-election/

458,000 Dead Persons Could be Mailed Ballots if CA Goes All-Mail in Nov 2020 Election

Gov. Newsom issues executive order requiring all CA voters to vote-by-mail
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Democrats like it when dead people vote and don't think a certain minority group is capable of producing an ID.

I'm surprised Trump doesn't like it when dead people vote. He seems to love dead people. Heck, he has personally signed stimulus checks to tens of thousands of them.

Big C, if we used your line of reasoning:

Trump personally signed stimulus checks to leftist Bearinsiders.
Therefore, Trump loves leftist Bearinsiders.

You may be right.
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Systemic racism doesn't exist in the U.S. even if Chris Cuomo told you so.

You can't possibly believe that.

Whether it is poverty levels, incarceration rates, health insurance coverage, educational attainment, wealth and income disparity, or pretty much any other metric you want to use, minorities - especially African Americans - have it worse than caucasians.

Let me ask you, why do you think that only four Fortune 500 companies have black CEOs?

Absence of black fathers. And almost 70 percent of black children are born to unmarried parents.
BearForce2
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Systemic racism doesn't exist in the U.S. even if Chris Cuomo told you so.

You can't possibly believe that.

Whether it is poverty levels, incarceration rates, health insurance coverage, educational attainment, wealth and income disparity, or pretty much any other metric you want to use, minorities - especially African Americans - have it worse than caucasians.

Let me ask you, why do you think that only four Fortune 500 companies have black CEOs?

Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

I'm surprised Trump doesn't like it when dead people vote. He seems to love dead people. Heck, he has personally signed stimulus checks to tens of thousands of them.

Big C, if we used your line of reasoning:

Trump personally signed stimulus checks to leftist Bearinsiders.
Therefore, Trump loves leftist Bearinsiders.

You may be right.

Trump definitely loves me: He sent me double. Seriously. Paper checks first and then electronic deposit the following week, so now I have to write "him" a check and send it back. Either that, or a thank you note, lol.

He probably reads me on Bear Insider and appreciates the valuable feedback I give him that can help him to do his job better!
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

No. I just hate all the morons like you who keep trying to break it.

calm down AunB.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

The right hates the USA. That's why they work so hard to keep people from voting.

Republicans hate the idea of more people voting so much that they make up problems like "dead people voting," even though there is no real evidence it's any kind of widespread problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/ensure-every-american-can-vote/vote-suppression/myth-voter-fraud

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/updated-458000-dead-persons-could-be-mailed-ballots-if-ca-goes-all-mail-in-nov-2020-election/

458,000 Dead Persons Could be Mailed Ballots if CA Goes All-Mail in Nov 2020 Election

Gov. Newsom issues executive order requiring all CA voters to vote-by-mail

"Low rates of fraud in vote-by-mail states show the benefits outweigh the risks"

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/02/low-rates-of-fraud-in-vote-by-mail-states-show-the-benefits-outweigh-the-risks/
blungld
BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

The left should look within and see their own injustice, stupidity, and corruption.
Oh good, we are in total agreement that we don't want injustice, stupidity, and corruption! Let's do something about it together! Where should we start? Hmmmm. How about at the top and with the person most responsible for all three? Or should we start with the teenager who knocked over a statue?

Instead of just writing words, how about thinking through their meaning and standing for principles rather than just trying to come up with the best flames for your "enemies."

Yes we are in total agreement that we don't want injustice, stupidity, and corruption but we disagree on where we should start. How about we start with you? Who do you think you are that you can point your finger at someone else without removing the injustice, stupidity, and corruption inside you? Don't you realize you are part of a systemically racist country that's oppressing blacks (unless you yourself happen to non-white)? Since you believe in systemic racism, it must have been around before Trump took office, why start with Trump?

Ouch...and I mean that like I am cringing for your sake.

I kind of had assumed that the dumb meme act was just sort of a schtick, but this post (which has no internal, let alone external, logic) has led me to conclude that, no, it's not a schtick. That is such a major fail as both a clever retort or sick burn, that it's not even worth breaking down how dumb it is: the dumbness itself does all the heavy lifting of showing off its own weighty dumbness.

Try again, you'll get there.
calbear93
blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

I kind of had assumed that the dumb meme act was just sort of a schtick, but this post (which has no internal, let alone external, logic) has led me to conclude that, no, it's not a schtick. That is such a major fail as both a clever retort or sick burn, that it's not even worth breaking down how dumb it is: the dumbness itself does all the heavy lifting of showing off its own weighty dumbness.

At the risk of getting in between you and bearforce, what you wrote does not seem connected to what he wrote. I do question why we have to start at one place only as you suggest? Why can't we demand more from our leaders and, at the same time, also from ourselves? One of my pet peeves is those dismissing their own issues by using a forced prioritization argument. If you haven't already, you may enjoy White Fragility. We are all part of the problem and we all need to be part of the solution.
BearNIt
California has had 19,200+ new COVID 19 cases in the last 72 hours. California hospitals are starting to run out of space and personnel for new COVID 19 patients. Once a hospital is overrun you will see death rates skyrocket and then it's too late. Hospitals are having to ration rapid testing due to problems with reagent supplies. If we choose not to wear a face mask or practice social distancing then more people will die and this time it may be you or someone you know. Without a national plan in place to govern how we are going to fight this, we will be at the mercy of 50+ individual plans which won't work unless states start closing their borders.
Krugman Is A Moron
blungld said:

I kind of had assumed that the dumb meme act was just sort of a schtick, but this post (which has no internal, let alone external, logic) has led me to conclude that, no, it's not a schtick.
Welcome to months ago when the rest of us figured that out.
Krugman Is A Moron
BearNIt said:

California has had 19,200+ new COVID 19 cases in the last 72 hours.
So?

There are roughly 82,000 hospital beds in California. Furthermore, 19,200 cases in a state with a population of 41 million people is .00468% of the population.

Math is rather important when talking about this disease.

Furthermore, you have zero statistics on how many of that 19,200 weren't wearing masks.

Against a virus for which there is no vaccine, you can't stay in your house and hide in perpetuity. You have to build immunity.
blungld
calbear93 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

At the risk of getting in between you and bearforce, what you wrote does not seem connected to what he wrote. I do question why we have to start at one place only as you suggest? Why can't we demand more from our leaders and, at the same time, also from ourselves? One of my pet peeves is those dismissing their own issues by using a forced prioritization argument. If you haven't already, you may enjoy White Fragility. We are all part of the problem and we all need to be part of the solution.
Of course we can expect more of ourselves, but that doesn't in some way excuse the actions of our president. He is hired for the job, and he is costing lives and destroying our system of governance. He doesn't get a pass because I am a flawed human. Give me a break.

Yes, we are all part of the problem. It's not binary though. Let's address the glaring and most problematic thing first: a corrupt and incompetent leader. AND we can also start looking at ourselves and changing the system, but that doesn't happen without this leadership gone.
Krugman Is A Moron
blungld said:

calbear93 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

Of course we can expect more of ourselves, but that doesn't in some way excuse the actions of our president. He is hired for the job, and he is costing lives and destroying our system of governance. He doesn't get a pass because I am a flawed human. Give me a break.

Yes, we are all part of the problem. It's not binary though. Let's address the glaring and most problematic thing first: a corrupt and incompetent leader. AND we can also start looking at ourselves and changing the system, but that doesn't happen without this leadership gone.
We had that opportunity in the Democratic Primary where the goal should have been to find the least corrupt and least incompetent leader, but that was not how the framework was dictated by the Vote Blue No Matter Who people. And so now, we get to choose between two incompetent and corrupt leaders.

That Biden is less corrupt and less incompetent does not excuse his own failings. Your goal all along should have been to choose the best candidate to represent your party. But the Democratic Party convinced your voters not to do that.

And if he loses, do not look to me as the party responsible. I tried to elect the least corrupt and least incompetent, but your own party and media gaslit him. So take it up with the people responsible if Biden loses.

Trump is not a cause, he's a symptom. He only came to power because of bad choices made by the Democratic Party and the incompetence of the Republican Party. Republicans knew that the Mitt Romneys and Jed Bushes didn't care about them. They just put their faith in the wrong idealogue and now they can't admit they were wrong.
calbear93
blungld said:

calbear93 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

Just to be clear, in no way did I give Trump a pass. I may be jinxing us all but I am assuming he is gone in 2021 and he can rot in history as one of the worst presidents. However, if you are expecting him to lead before then, you will be disappointed. Strive for what is doable now with what you can control (yourself, how you vote and how you contribute to racism, no matter how well intentioned) instead of waiting for Godot who is not coming (i.e., Trump leading a unification of a divided country) before you do anything.
BearForce2
blungld said:

calbear93 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

blungld said:

BearForce2 said:

The glaring and most problematic thing is you, let's address you first, you can wait to vote in November. In the meantime, deal with your own injustice, stupidity, and corruption.
BearNIt
Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

There are roughly 82,000 hospital beds in California. Furthermore, 19,200 cases in a state with a population of 41 million people is .00468% of the population.

Furthermore, you have zero statistics on how many of that 19,200 weren't wearing masks.

Against a virus for which there is no vaccine, you can't stay in your house and hide in perpetuity. You have to build immunity.
First, not all those beds are ICU equipped which means they may not have the necessary equipment to handle COVID 19 patients at the time that they most need ICU. Second, if hospitals get overwhelmed, people die. There won't be enough staff to care for these sick patients. That is why area hospitals are worried, they won't be able to handle the influx of new patients. This is what is discussed is discussed as hospitals plan for unusual events that involve mass casualties.

If you want math, ask your local ER if they are seeing increases in the number of people coming thru the ER who are in need of critical care and are suspected of having COVID 19. I know what the math is as I sit on the planning committee for mass casualty events and the numbers are discussed in depth.

This is what we know, if you choose not to wear a mask you risk catching COVID 19 and risk long term health issues even if you recover. Being 30 and having to walk around with an oxygen supply because your lungs haven't recovered and may not recover is not how you want to spend the rest of your life. Once you get COVID 19 the when and where you caught it is of little concern to the patient, they are just looking to survive so they don't have to die alone and have family members say goodbye via ZOOM. Whether you wore a mask or not is not a question on intake or on any of the documentation filled out that accompanies the testing samples.

You don't have to hide perpetually to avoid the virus but you do need to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Just so you know exactly what dying from COVID 19 is like think of someone drowning, slowly.
GBear4Life
This is an example of "fear porn", guided by a "you must" do this or that "or else...you risk...being a 30 year old on a ventilator...and never recovering"

smh
GBear4Life said:

This is an example of "fear porn", guided by a "you must" do this or that "or else...you risk...being a 30 year old on a ventilator...and never recovering"

agreed, fear of death (or worse) motivates big bunches # getting real
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Yogi7
BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

First, not all those beds are ICU equipped which means they may not have the necessary equipment to handle COVID 19 patients at the time that they most need ICU. Second, if hospitals get overwhelmed, people die. There won't be enough staff to care for these sick patients. That is why area hospitals are worried, they won't be able to handle the influx of new patients. This is what is discussed is discussed as hospitals plan for unusual events that involve mass casualties.

If you want math, ask your local ER if they are seeing increases in the number of people coming thru the ER who are in need of critical care and are suspected of having COVID 19. I know what the math is as I sit on the planning committee for mass casualty events and the numbers are discussed in depth.

This is what we know, if you choose not to wear a mask you risk catching COVID 19 and risk long term health issues even if you recover. Being 30 and having to walk around with an oxygen supply because your lungs haven't recovered and may not recover is not how you want to spend the rest of your life. Once you get COVID 19 the when and where you caught it is of little concern to the patient, they are just looking to survive so they don't have to die alone and have family members say goodbye via ZOOM. Whether you wore a mask or not is not a question on intake or on any of the documentation filled out that accompanies the testing samples.

You don't have to hide perpetually to avoid the virus but you do need to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Just so you know exactly what dying from COVID 19 is like think of someone drowning, slowly.
I do know what it's like.

But just like I wouldn't mandate everyone staying inside because someone might shoot themselves in the head and commit suicide, telling everyone to stay inside because some people aren't wearing masks is the wrong move here. If they care so little about their own lives, that's not our problem.

We can keep ourselves safe from them. We know this and it's time to stop pretending like this isn't true.
BearNIt
Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

But just like I wouldn't mandate everyone staying inside because someone might shoot themselves in the head and commit suicide, telling everyone to stay inside because some people aren't wearing masks is the wrong move here. If they care so little about their own lives, that's not our problem.

We can keep ourselves safe from them. We know this and it's time to stop pretending like this isn't true.
Who are you really posting as Todd Ingram if that in fact is your only handle? As I have said before:
You don't have to hide perpetually to avoid the virus but you do need to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

If you don't like my "fear porn", then write some of your own or better yet go the designated COVID 19 hospital in your area and take a stroll through the ICU designated for the COVID patients. Even if the virus doesn't kill you it can scar your lung tissue which reduces oxygenation if the reduction is bad enough then you will need to carry around a source of oxygen to supplement what you are taking in. You should be worried about COVID 19 because 5 to 6% increases in the number of positive cases mean that more people will die and because COVID 19 doesn't discriminate.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/We-re-surging-again-Doctors-nurses-angry-as-15376836.php
Krugman Is A Moron
BearNIt said:

Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

Who are you really posting as Todd Ingram if that in fact is your only handle? As I have said before:
You don't have to hide perpetually to avoid the virus but you do need to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
A) It's not my only handle
B) I could explain to you why it's not my only handle if you wanted to know
C) I'm actually the really evil guy who is really evil and only wants love and admiration from all the people I keep saying are wrong. I keep thinking if I tell them they're wrong enough, then they'll really love me. So sayeth Dr. OaktownBear, Ph.D. Psychology.

Now let's get some truth for you.

You say you're on the planning committee for mass casualty events. Where?
AunBear89
But he's a good little con and doesn't fear anything. Fear is for libruls. Cons and MAGAts are brave and believe the rona is just a seasonal flu.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Eastern Oregon Bear
Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

OK, I'll ask for at least the fifth time. Others have also asked with no response from you. Why do you use dozens of accounts? Why do you use the names of real people that aren't you?
BearNIt
Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

C) I'm actually the really evil guy who is really evil and only wants love and admiration from all the people I keep saying are wrong I keep thinking if I tell them they're wrong enough, then they'll really love me. So sayeth Dr. OaktownBear, Ph.D. Psychology.

You know as well as I do that to divulge where I work would be committing professional suicide. Not into that. I will say that I work on the front lines.
Krugman Is A Moron
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

OK, I'll ask for at least the fifth time. Others have also asked with no response from you. Why do you use dozens of accounts? Why do you use the names of real people that aren't you?
New accounts have limits on how many posts they can make per day.

If I was to wait around until one of you complained to the admin to care about the quality of discourse on this forum and then have him apply his totally uneven standard on that, I'd have to start from scratch every time. Consequently, in order to make as many posts in a day as I would like, I need to have multiple accounts to do that.

As time passes and you pass a certain post threshold, you are able to increase your number of posts per day until you finally get to the point where you have an account that can post as much as it wants to. I had one account that had reached that point and predictably, someone cried to the admin because they objected to one person doing the same thing the rest of you do on this forum.

Fortunately, I have these other accounts in the bullpen building their post totals so that they will be ready, when needed, to replace the ones that can no longer post. I'm pretty sure that one of my accounts has passed that threshold again. But the other ones will need to continue to be ready in case they are needed due to the uneven standards that the "rules" of this forum are applied.

Now about the handles themselves. There is nothing secret about them. They are all theme based so that anyone with an interest can figure out that they are all the same person. For example, this account is one of the League of Evil Exes, as are Matthew Patel, Lucas Lee (can't post), Todd Ingram, and Roxie Richter. The many Professor accounts - same deal. It has nothing to do with being a professor - just that the first account that got the banhammer had the professor name on it because it was created to respond to a homophobe (strangely, homophobia is OK on this forum, but being me is not). I had no attachment to being a professor of anything, it was just my way of saying "Can't kill me!"

smh, being the cleverest of you all, figures out all this stuff instantly even though he's older than you and we have our own private in-joke posts about it.

If I really cared about being anonymous and sneaking onto any of these forums, it would be easy to do. But 99% of the time, I'm just having a laugh at the absurdity of all of it. Have hardly looked at the sports forums for a long time because there is literally nothing to discuss.
Krugman Is A Moron
BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

Todd Ingram said:

BearNIt said:

Matthew Patel said:

BearNIt said:

So?

C) I'm actually the really evil guy who is really evil and only wants love and admiration from all the people I keep saying are wrong I keep thinking if I tell them they're wrong enough, then they'll really love me. So sayeth Dr. OaktownBear, Ph.D. Psychology.

You know as well as I do that to divulge where I work would be committing professional suicide. Not into that. I will say that I work on the front lines.
Divulging what part of the country you are in is professional suicide? Then why are you throwing your resume in our face.
sycasey
. . . so the multiple accounts basically are about avoiding admin bans, just more of a long-term strategy for doing so.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

. . . so the multiple accounts basically are about avoiding admin bans, just more of a long-term strategy for doing so.
Of course. If I wanted anonymity, I could do that, but then I'd have to behave exactly like BearForce2, GBear4Life, or calbear93 in order to remain a critical voice of conventional liberal idealogy. I don't want to be like one of those guys. I want to be me and me is unique on this forum. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. The closest thing to me on this forum is anarchistbear, but I'm not pro anarchy either.

I'm just a Bernie bro who has left Bernie behind, but still thinks the platform is a damn good idea.
Eastern Oregon Bear
sycasey said:

This has been speculated upon in the past. At least he now has admitted that it's because he can't stay within the posting guidelines of Bear Insider.
SiniCal
Matthew Patel said:

smh, being the cleverest of you all, figures out all this stuff instantly even though he's older than you and we have our own private in-joke posts about it.
MP - you'd be surprised how much wink and a nod content bounces right over smh's fool head
signed, and away we go (mid 50s punchline)

Quote:

joined Jul 24, 2008
Total Posts. 3,641
Posts/Day.. 0.835
Blue Stars 0

prior post > Is Cal still in Pac 12?
6:09p, 7/27/14 0 G

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.